PDA

View Full Version : Greggs victor palsson

R'Albin
08-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Liverpool fan that I know said that Liverpool have a buy back clause for him, does anyone know if this is true ?

easty
08-03-2011, 07:43 PM
Wouldnt bother me if it's true. If Liverpool actually want to buy him back then clearly he'll have to have been playing brilliantly for us.

monktonharp
08-03-2011, 08:36 PM
as long as 'pool realise that quality disnae come cheap:wink:

Albion Hibs
08-03-2011, 10:02 PM
Dont see why Liverpool would buy him back, he has no chance of getting a game for them. In any event I suppose if it was true then at least we would get a few quid.

Winston Ingram
08-03-2011, 10:18 PM
I'd be surprised. He's only signed an 18 month deal.

Bostonhibby
08-03-2011, 10:46 PM
If they were hell bent on having him back why not just do a loan deal where they bear some of the wages? RP would have bitten their arm and any other trailing limbs off.

Iceman
09-03-2011, 09:20 AM
Victor Palsson will not re-join Liverpool. I really like him as a player and I think he will go on to have a very succesful career but in reality he is not Liverpool quality. Liverpool have had players like Javier Mascherano, Xabi Alonso, Momo Sissoki and Christian Paulsen playing in Palsson position, so that puts things in perspective. Palsson will most likely sign an improved contract with Hibs in the summer.

Having said this I really rate him. He is a great young player who will have a big part to play for Iceland in the Euro Championship in Denmark this summer.

If Iceland play well and end up in the top 4, he will be playing at the Olympics next year, so a lot to play for.

JE89
09-03-2011, 09:24 AM
Victor Palsson will not re-join Liverpool. I really like him as a player and I think he will go on to have a very succesful career but in reality he is not Liverpool quality. Liverpool have had players like Javier Mascherano, Xabi Alonso, Momo Sissoki and Christian Paulsen playing in Palsson position, so that puts things in perspective. Palsson will most likely sign an improved contract with Hibs in the summer.

Having said this I really rate him. He is a great young player who will have a big part to play for Iceland in the Euro Championship in Denmark this summer.

If Iceland play well and end up in the top 4, he will be playing at the Olympics next year, so a lot to play for.

Keep up the good work Victor :wink:

allezsauzee
09-03-2011, 11:41 AM

Better than Christian Paulsen, he is horse

Dunbar Hibee
09-03-2011, 11:42 AM

:agree: Was about to say the same thing.

Future17
09-03-2011, 03:02 PM

:agree: Was about to say the same thing.

Thirded. :greengrin

db03
09-03-2011, 04:02 PM
I was told that Liverpool pay his wage, he is contracted to Hibs but Liverpool wanted him to gain first team experience and a loan deal can last no longer than a season or something along those line. Dont know if there is any truth in this just something I was told and also that Kenny Dalgleish has told Peter Cormack to keep him up to date with Palsson's progress :dunno:

Anyone else heard anything like this or just aload of non sense?

DH1875
09-03-2011, 05:59 PM
I'd be surprised. He's only signed an 18 month deal.

This worries me. Come summer it's down to 12 months and I reckon he could well be away if he keeps up his form.

NYHibby
09-03-2011, 06:06 PM
I was told that Liverpool pay his wage, he is contracted to Hibs but Liverpool wanted him to gain first team experience and a loan deal can last no longer than a season or something along those line. Dont know if there is any truth in this just something I was told and also that Kenny Dalgleish has told Peter Cormack to keep him up to date with Palsson's progress :dunno:

Is this even allowed? I thought this kind of 3rd party ownership was banned after the Tevez stink.

500miles
09-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Palsson's a good player. But he's not played as well as he did against St. Mirren at ER since the game itself. He's still been a tough, uncompromising defensive midfielder, but he's not shown that same range of passing.

Not nearly ready for the step up to....well....anywhere but right here. He'll benefit as much as Hibs will from a 3 or 4 year contract.

Mikey
09-03-2011, 06:15 PM

He's a Hibs player.

monktonharp
10-03-2011, 12:35 AM
Palsson's a good player. But he's not played as well as he did against St. Mirren at ER since the game itself. He's still been a tough, uncompromising defensive midfielder, but he's not shown that same range of passing.

Not nearly ready for the step up to....well....anywhere but right here. He'll benefit as much as Hibs will from a 3 or 4 year contract.:agree:exactly my thoughts. fantastic young player and we got lucky with him,but,he will have bad games.once or twice already he has not been invincible. an extension of his rather short contract will benefit both parties.

hibsbollah
10-03-2011, 05:34 AM
If you look at the LFC site the day he left theres lots about wishing him well and never quite made the breakthrough ti the first team. If there was a buyback clause youd think they would have publicised it at the time.

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-03-2011, 07:08 AM

Not nearly ready for the step up to....well....anywhere but right here. He'll benefit as much as Hibs will from a 3 or 4 year contract.

To the ugly sisters no doubt...

jdships
10-03-2011, 07:41 AM
He's a Hibs player.

:top marks
End of :greengrin

Leishy1995
10-03-2011, 12:30 PM
He was released by Liverpool and we snapped him up for free, I guess that means it was CCs English connection that alerted him, Their most likely wont be a buy back price...

Shoot me down if you want to but this player could be a new Le God...:flag:

Dunbar Hibee
11-03-2011, 10:09 AM
He was released by Liverpool and we snapped him up for free, I guess that means it was CCs English connection that alerted him, Their most likely wont be a buy back price...

Shoot me down if you want to but this player could be a new Le God...:flag:

:gun:

Speedy
11-03-2011, 10:15 AM

It's Palsson FFS :greengrin Only joking obviously.

Re: the OP's question. I am pretty sure this is common with all the Man Utd youngsters. I think the buy back clause is pretty generous for the selling club(i.e. Hibs in this case). I don't know if Liverpool do the same but as I said if it is true it will be a generous figure. It also doesn't mean that they are even considering buying him back, for Man Utd anyway I think it's standard when they sell their youngsters.

This is just through rumours regarding players in the past so it could be utter mince. It's not worth worrying about either way. As someone said, if Liverpool are interested in him then he has obviously done well for us.

--------
11-03-2011, 10:16 AM
:gun:

BANG! :gun:

He isn't anywhere near that yet. But he's a very good player and I REALLY hope we persuade him to sign an extension on his contract in June.

BTW - this thread must be unique on the .net in recent weeks. Everyone has managed to spell the lad's name correctly. :greengrin

Removed
11-03-2011, 10:19 AM
BTW - this thread must be unique on the .net in recent weeks. Everyone has managed to spell the lad's name correctly.:greengrin

That's because Greenlex hasn't posted on it yet :agree:

--------
11-03-2011, 10:20 AM
That's because Greenlex hasn't posted on it yet :agree:

Ah.

tamig
11-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Liverpool fan that I know said that Liverpool have a buy back clause for him, does anyone know if this is true ?
Wouldn't be surprised at all if that was the case and I've already mentioned this in previous Palsson posts.

BEEJ
11-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Wouldn't be surprised at all if that was the case and I've already mentioned this in previous Palsson posts.
Sounds to me like a rumour designed purely to undermine a good news story at Easter Road.

"He's not really a Hibs player." "It's a loan deal by any other measure." :blah::blah:

He's a Hibs player. :aok:

END OF