PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Newcastle link

sunshine1875
08-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Is it rubbish? Or any truth in it?

07 Mar 2011 10:40:09
Huge Signing News For the Famous Edinburgh Hibees!

Sol Compbell has signed a Pre-Contract agreement with his old buddy Colin Calderwood at Easter Road.

The pair have an on - off friendship from way back in their days of London derbies right through until their Coach - Player relationship at Newcastle.

Great signing to help some of the younger players improve even further.

Ooh to Ooh to be, Ooh to be a HIBEE!

07 Mar 2011 12:44:44
Off the back of the last report I have heard from a former hibs player and current BBC comentator / Match summariser that there will be an ongoing link up with Newcastle for the next 2 years which will see Hibs pick up several of the newcastle youngsters allowing them to gain vital first team experience. There is also an offer made to Alan Smith for a season long loan deal with the offer of a permenant contract on the table.

Good season coming up with the influx of premiership quality players at Easter Road

Houchy
08-03-2011, 06:27 PM

Sol Compbell has signed a Pre-Contract agreement with his old buddy Colin Calderwood at Easter Road.

The pair have an on - off friendship from way back in their days of London derbies right through until their Coach - Player relationship at Newcastle.

Off the back of the last report I have heard from a former hibs player and current BBC comentator / Match summariser that there will be an ongoing link up with Newcastle for the next 2 years which will see Hibs pick up several of the newcastle youngsters allowing them to gain vital first team experience. There is also an offer made to Alan Smith for a season long loan deal with the offer of a permenant contract on the table.

Good season coming up with the influx of premiership quality players at Easter Road

Wouldn't get too excited until it's confirmed on Football Rumours or they're seen on the number 26 with a greggs sausage roll or other savoury snack:greengrin:wink:

Pretty sure that Leeds wanted Smith. Not Graham unfortunately.

seanraff07
08-03-2011, 06:36 PM

I hope the Sol Campbell rumour is utter pish, which it most likely is.

Ritchie
08-03-2011, 06:37 PM
In the words of zlatan...

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_BeM1SpDLZPy0tlIdWaE7fMrNFg7OX 6rKZ-84ZtoH_L4vW5oCAg

Pretty Boy
08-03-2011, 06:39 PM
I hope the Sol Campbell rumour is utter pish, which it most likely is.

Sol Campbell would stroll through games in the SPL.

I agree it's most likely pish though.

MrSmith
08-03-2011, 06:47 PM
Aye the keekbackers will laughing at us giving credence to a football rumor one of them most likely started!

wazoo1875
08-03-2011, 06:49 PM

I agree it's the most pish i've ever heard in my life though.

Fixed ;-)

sleeping giant
08-03-2011, 07:00 PM
Aye the keekbackers will laughing at us giving credence to a football rumor one of them most likely started!

Who gives a flying what the jamboids think ? Why would you ?

Makaveli
08-03-2011, 07:43 PM
It would be nice, but players like Smith and Campbell will be earning 25x what we pay.

sleeping giant
08-03-2011, 10:24 PM
Oops. Apologies number 6 :aok:

snooky
08-03-2011, 11:49 PM

As long as we don't call him "Our Sol" if and when he signs :wink:

ScottB
08-03-2011, 11:51 PM
I could believe us having a link up with Newcastle in some fashion, and I could see Smith coming to the club to do Coaching badges or something, but that's about it...

Mibbes Aye
09-03-2011, 12:11 AM

:agree: Think that's likely though us getting him is sadly much more unlikely :greengrin

Potentially true.

But on the plus side, when I reminisce about Hibs the memories aren't tarnished by the recollection of a complete and utter bottle job when faced with the opportunity of wrapping up a League and Cup double.

My rather frail memory struggles to extend twenty-five years and sadly my recollection doesn't seem to be supported by photographic or video evidence.

What I would give for positive confirmation of my ramshackle and haphazard memories :agree:

_hucks_
09-03-2011, 12:29 PM
Highly highly sceptical. Where has this even come from?

basehibby
09-03-2011, 03:33 PM

Would love this to be true but will only believe it when I see big Sol strolling down Albion Frog and Toad on the Dog and Bone to his agent having just jumped off the 26 bus, celebrating his new Hibs deal with a Greggs sausage roll.

Where did you get this anyway - was it off the FootballRumours site? Come on man SAUCE SAUCE SAUCE !!!

Pretty Boy
09-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Alan Smith was pretty decent for Arsenal in the 80s and 90s but he's probably a wee bit too old nowadays, best leave him to stick to the punditry.

As for the guy Campbell, well theres no doubt he done a job in his role for Tony Blair in the lates 90s/early 00s. Unfortunately his integrity was called into question though. When Pa Broon brought him back into the fold a couple of years ago it didn't really work out and his team were inevitably relegated. I'd steer clear personally.

c31
09-03-2011, 04:04 PM
I heard we're signing Michael Owen, he wants to 'do' his coaching badges and is pally with CC after his time at Newcastle..

So he is getting to work with the Hibs staff as well as scoring 100 goals for Hibs next season....

keep the faith
09-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Yep its a football rumours site special. Someone has also just posted that miller is off to hearts and deeks away. That site is just a joke.

Monts
09-03-2011, 04:50 PM
I heard Andy Carroll is unhappy with the game time hes getting at his new club and wants to team up with Calderwood again :agree:

Greentinted
09-03-2011, 05:02 PM
Alan Smith was pretty decent for Arsenal in the 80s and 90s but he's probably a wee bit too old nowadays, best leave him to stick to the punditry.

Done none too shabby a job as Crystal Palace boss though. Seems to have dropped of the radar since Mowbray took over at Middlesboro so he may be looking at pastures new.

Woody1985
09-03-2011, 05:10 PM
Can we just ban people who post ***** from football rumours. I'm sure this poster has been at it with this crap before.

GreenPJ
09-03-2011, 05:19 PM
I heard we're signing Michael Owen, he wants to 'do' his coaching badges and is pally with CC after his time at Newcastle..

So he is getting to work with the Hibs staff as well as scoring 100 goals for Hibs next season....

I'd rather have Deek :devil:

Winston Ingram
09-03-2011, 06:31 PM
I can see why he'd come here. We are near a port so plenty sailors to make pals wi:aok:

sunshine1875
09-03-2011, 10:03 PM
Yep its a football rumours site special. Someone has also just posted that miller is off to hearts and deeks away. That site is just a joke.

:rolleyes: as if Hibs.net is full of 100% rumours. How many times has someone on Hibs.net said Miller is away to Hertz and Deeks has played his last game?

Can we just ban people who post ***** from football rumours. I'm sure this poster has been at it with this crap before.

So! It is a football forum. If you don't like it, don't read it!

The purpose of my post was to ask whether there was any truth in it! I am not saying it is true or not! I am not in the know, I don't know whether it is likely or not. All I am asking is whether there is any truth in it. Your opinion that it is p!sh is likely to be true, but why ban something just because you don't agree with it.

Ryan69
09-03-2011, 10:38 PM
As mythical as our friendly against top Premiership opposition this weekend.....To keep our momentum going believe it or not....

:taxi

heretoday
09-03-2011, 10:51 PM
I don't want Sol Campbell. He's a lazy old sod and not worth his money.

Sas_The_Hibby
10-03-2011, 10:17 AM
Wouldn't get too excited until it's confirmed on Football Rumours or they're seen on the number 26 with a greggs sausage roll or other savoury snack:greengrin:wink:

Pretty sure that Leeds wanted Smith. Not Graham unfortunately.

I'm sure I saw Sol Campbell at a bus stop that the no. 26 goes from, with a packet of crisps that COULD have been bought at Greggs. Does that count?

Hibs On Tour
10-03-2011, 02:29 PM
Pretty sure that Leeds wanted Smith.

About as much chance of us signing Lionel Messi. Never been forgiven for joining '****'... his old boy had to give up drinking in the local he'd been in all his life FFS. Not gonna happen.

dangermouse
10-03-2011, 04:22 PM

Whatever happened to the last player we signed from NUFC? :wink:

jonny
10-03-2011, 05:16 PM

:faf::faf::faf:

Sol Campbell and Alan Smith taking a wage drop of about £30,000 each a week so that they can have the joy of playing at New St Mirren Park, New Douglas Park, McDiarmid Park and save the best for last...... Tynecastle. Somehow I very much doubt it.

magpie1892
10-03-2011, 05:24 PM
:faf::faf::faf:

Sol Campbell and Alan Smith taking a wage drop of about £30,000 each a week so that they can have the joy of playing at New St Mirren Park, New Douglas Park, McDiarmid Park and save the best for last...... Tynecastle. Somehow I very much doubt it.

£30,000 drop? And the rest. Smith is on £65,000 a week.

Yes, I know...

magpie1892
10-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Since Calderwood arrived at Easter Road, I've thought there'd be a sizeable chance of James Perch arriving from Newcastle. I wouldn't be surprised to see that in the near future.

Another player who is way, way out of the Easter Road wage bracket.

If this talk of a link up has any credence, I think the more likely candidates for a loan move would be young lads from the reserves or U-19 squads.

Jack
10-03-2011, 07:26 PM
Whatever happened to the last player we signed from NUFC? :wink:

He left on a motorbike!