PDA

View Full Version : Is Colin Calderwood Father Fitzgerald?

MB62
07-03-2011, 11:10 AM
Every time I listen to C.C. speaking, I find myself quickly losing interest and falling asleep before he is finished. It got me thinking about the Father Ted episode where all the Priests were 'trapped' in the ladies Lingerie section and they get the Priest with the most boring voice in the world to make an announcement over the tannoy system :greengrin (I think his name was Father Fitzgerald).

No offence meant to our manager, but he does remind of this Priest when he is talking :greengrin.

The departed Brian Clough (R.I.P) could have been Father Jack

Any others?

Hibercelona
07-03-2011, 11:20 AM
Every time I listen to C.C. speaking, I find myself quickly losing interest and falling asleep before he is finished. It got me thinking about the Father Ted episode where all the Priests were 'trapped' in the ladies Lingerie section and they get the Priest with the most boring voice in the world to make an announcement over the tannoy system :greengrin (I think his name was Father Fitzgerald).

No offence meant to our manager, but he does remind of this Priest when he is talking :greengrin.

Any others?

I'd say a certain Mr Foulkes would suite the Father Jack role better. :agree:

I don't think C.C sounds boring, I just think he sounds quite professional. He speaks in a manner that doesn't draw too much attention, but is quietly confident. I like that in a manager. :thumbsup:

Golden Bear
07-03-2011, 11:34 AM
If you speak slowly and quietly then people are more likely to listen to what you say.

Well so I heard on the TV recently.

:hmmm:

(((Fergus)))
07-03-2011, 11:34 AM
I'd say a certain Mr Foulkes would suite the Father Jack role better. :agree:

I don't think C.C sounds boring, I just think he sounds quite professional. He speaks in a manner that doesn't draw too much attention, but is quietly confident. I like that in a manager. :thumbsup:

what's happened to him?

Hibercelona
07-03-2011, 11:50 AM
what's happened to him?

Probably sitting at a street corner somewhere in Gorgie with 20 broken whiskey bottles in a puddle of stale smelling p*sh.

Dunbar Hibee
07-03-2011, 11:51 AM

Any others?

David Moyes reminds me of the Scottish priest who is in that lingerie episode you are talking about. :agree:

heretoday
07-03-2011, 12:00 PM
I like watching CC talk. He's strange and enigmatic.

--------
07-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Probably sitting at a street corner somewhere in Gorgie with 20 broken whiskey bottles in a puddle of stale smelling p*sh.

Naw - hair lacquer, more like.

I don't find CC boring at all. Sober and realistic, more like.

A great improvement on his verbally incontinent predecessor. :rolleyes:

Mango Man
07-03-2011, 12:03 PM
David Moyes reminds me of the Scottish priest who is in that lingerie episode you are talking about. :agree:

I'm sure thats Tommy from Trainspotting.

Dunbar Hibee
07-03-2011, 12:06 PM

Aye it is, but he looks more like Moyes in that father ted episode .:wink:

Supraninja
07-03-2011, 12:06 PM

Do you fancy him?

aberhibsfc
07-03-2011, 01:51 PM

Think it was Kevin McKidd.

Moyes reminds me of Gollum.

aberhibsfc
07-03-2011, 01:51 PM
:agree:

cabbageandribs1875
07-03-2011, 02:04 PM
irish rugby union kicker ronan o'gara always reminds me of father dougal McGuire from father ted

http://www.mediaessentials.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/ogara.jpg

http://www.spinsouthwest.com/wp-content/files/2010/06/Father-Dougal-McGuire.jpg

Hibercelona
07-03-2011, 02:17 PM
http://oi56.tinypic.com/9baptu.jpg

Keith_M
07-03-2011, 04:06 PM

I would LOVE that on a giant flag at ER :greengrin

hibsbollah
07-03-2011, 05:37 PM
Graham Rix would be Philandering milkman Pat Mustard.
Father Dick Burn would have to be Jeffries, just because he's a 'nemesis' character.
Father Damo Lennon would be, well, Lennon of course.

Keith_M
07-03-2011, 06:00 PM
In that case, John Reid is defo Bishop Brennan.

They both gie me the fear!

7235 ------- 7236

KiddA
07-03-2011, 06:17 PM

:agree:

soupy
07-03-2011, 06:48 PM

Haha qwwality.

marinello59
07-03-2011, 08:44 PM
I'm convinced that with all the info I have,that Calderwood is simply thick.
:rolleyes:

Barney McGrew
07-03-2011, 08:45 PM

The likeness is uncanny.

Who CC bears similarities to, of course, would be an ecumenical matter.

Removed
07-03-2011, 09:11 PM
Roll your eyes all you want.The recent wins have been fortuitous to say the least.On Saturday we were hammered and got a draw.If you think that Calderwood is the man to organise and motivate us to anything more than mediocracy,then that's fine but I'm not convinced.

Hammered :confused:

I've no idea what game you were at.

Dunbar Hibee
07-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Roll your eyes all you want.The recent wins have been fortuitous to say the least.On Saturday we were hammered and got a draw.If you think that Calderwood is the man to organise and motivate us to anything more than mediocracy,then that's fine but I'm not convinced.

Hammered? :faf: I think you must have been hammered to think that!! So do you put 6 games unbeaten down to luck?

Jonnyboy
07-03-2011, 09:25 PM

You're confused old chap. We were faced with a bunch of hammer throwers as opposition. Their main and lets face it only tactic was to give Grainger the ball so he could lump it as far up the park as possible. Methinks you've fallen for Derek McInnes's view that they outplayed us for ninety minutes. They couldn't even score a goal - we had to do that for them.

Granted, Hibs were poor on Saturday but hammered? I think not

jgl07
07-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Jocky Scott would make a great Father Stone.

Motherwell chairman John Boyle could pass as father Noel Furlong.

Jim Jefferies could be Father Fintan Stack before catching the 'hair thing'.

Jonnyboy
07-03-2011, 09:55 PM
You think Calderwood is the man?We were faced by long balls to the full back positions.Really basic ploy which I didn't see CC reacting to in tactical terms.

You clearly don't and so it's expected that you'll look for perceived faults. I think his January signings and the last six results have gone some way to helping his cause, especially the goals against column.

As I've already said, Hibs were poor on Saturday but they were not hammered as you suggest. Unless drawing 1-1 equates to a hammering these days?

Jonnyboy
07-03-2011, 10:10 PM
I've seen Hibs been hammered 0-0 and I've seen us hammering a team 0-0 .. I like your measured views but you must be a civil servant or a mature student?:greengrin

:greengrin Neither actually :wink:

As regards your view on not responding to the high balls into our full back areas - nothing ever came of them so maybe CC didn't see it as a threat?

Jonnyboy
07-03-2011, 10:27 PM
:cgwa[QUOTE=Jonnyboy;2753918]:greengrin Neither actually :wink:

As regards your view on not responding to the high balls into our full back areas - nothing ever came of them so maybe CC didn't see it as a threat?[/QUOTE..If you were Calderwood what would you have done if a goal against had resulted from their tactic of long balls against our full backs?

Academic question really. It didn't happen and anyway it's what he'd have done that's important. What would your solution have been?

Hibby D
08-03-2011, 06:58 AM

You're just a big trumping troll - and I'm not going to bite :wink:

marinello59
08-03-2011, 07:03 AM
You're just a big trumping troll - and I'm not going to bite :wink:

:hilarious

magnificent_seven
08-03-2011, 07:56 AM
In that case, John Reid is defo Bishop Brennan.

They both gie me the fear!

7235 ------- 7236

Nah, Bishop Len Brennan is definitely their kitman John Clark:-

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00743/clark_682x400_743296a.jpg

hibsbollah
08-03-2011, 09:47 AM
Nah, Bishop Len Brennan is definitely their kitman John Clark:-

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00743/clark_682x400_743296a.jpg

Bishop Brennan is John Reid. A skinnier version, but theres a definite resemblance...

heretoday
08-03-2011, 10:11 AM
Do you fancy him?

Not really.

Karen Brady. I quite fancy her.

IWasThere2016
08-03-2011, 11:37 AM

Almost hypnotic.

:top marks

:faf: