PDA

View Full Version : Forums :(

AndersonGGTTH
06-03-2011, 08:25 PM
Am getting fed up with coming on this , a only do these days too see if a potentila signing has signed or whatever as its usually here furst but... its beyond a joke of the people u get here . citiscing the team players etc . deeks mainly !! Everyone is saying this that about yeasterday but ad like to know the percentage of who are writng actaully go to mos home and away games ! time to get a grip , start being positive and GGTTH:flag:

Removed
06-03-2011, 08:31 PM
Where were you 6 weeks ago :party:

AndersonGGTTH
06-03-2011, 08:33 PM
well as my role in section 43 a can happily say i was mate!

BroxburnHibee
06-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Am getting fed up with coming on this , a only do these days too see if a potentila signing has signed or whatever as its usually here furst but... its beyond a joke of the people u get here . citiscing the team players etc . deeks mainly !! Everyone is saying this that about yeasterday but ad like to know the percentage of who are writng actaully go to mos home and away games ! time to get a grip , start being positive and GGTTH:flag:

Opinions eh - where would this place be without them :greengrin

I've actually felt this place has improved a lot since we started winning games.

Never forget the premise there may be an odd undercover yam (or 3) on here stirring the s**t :wink:

SRHibs
06-03-2011, 08:36 PM

If everyone agreed then this place wouldn't be very interesting. Forums are nothing without difference of opinions.

I don't think Hibs.net is particularly negative on the whole. Football fans seem to be inherently fickle though. A few bad results and we're going down, a few good and we're world beaters. This place hasn't changed much in the last 9 years, and I doubt it will change much in the next 9.

Removed
06-03-2011, 08:38 PM

I'm baffled then why you are starting this thread now :confused:

jazzy7070
06-03-2011, 08:39 PM

aaawww ma wee sodje cmon get yerself to bed ill make ye some egg in a cup and sodjes,ya poor wee lamb

AndersonGGTTH
06-03-2011, 08:40 PM
i agree. but some seem totally wierd indeed , and all hibs fans a speak to at games there dont sound nothing like people on this and true a think there are many yams on this

jabis
06-03-2011, 08:41 PM

?

iwasthere1972
06-03-2011, 08:43 PM
i agree. but some seem totally wierd indeed , and all hibs fans a speak to at games there dont sound nothing like people on this and true a think there are many yams on this

Aye you're right.

ArabHibee
06-03-2011, 08:43 PM

Have you been on the happy sauce or something? I'm having trouble understanding your posts.

AndersonGGTTH
06-03-2011, 08:44 PM
?

Hibs 12th man signing section , always have to be positve

Hibs90
06-03-2011, 08:48 PM
Have you been on the happy sauce or something? I'm having trouble understanding your posts.

Sorry he's not up to your standards.

AndersonGGTTH
06-03-2011, 08:49 PM
True !

jabis
06-03-2011, 08:50 PM

diseases apart :aok:

ArabHibee
06-03-2011, 08:52 PM
Sorry he's not up to your standards.

:yawn:
Being able to string a coherent sentence together does kind of help when you are posting on a forum, don't you think?

Removed
06-03-2011, 08:52 PM

I'm in the Hibs 12th man non singing section and we're allowed to be objective. Ultimately less stressfull imo.

iwasthere1972
06-03-2011, 08:55 PM

Away and stick your uberfan comments up your erse. :aok:

jabis
06-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Away and stick your uberfan comments up your erse. :aok:

:aok:

Hibs90
06-03-2011, 09:00 PM
Being able to string a coherent sentence together does kind of help when you are posting on a forum, don't you think?

Of course it does, but getting slated for not being able to is a bit 'uber internet geek'ish. So what if he can't or won't, it doesn't mean his point should no longer be valid.

SRHibs
06-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Of course it does, but getting slated for not being able to is a bit 'uber internet geek'ish. So what if he can't or won't, it doesn't mean his point should no longer be valid.

If you're making a point, you should look to articulate yourself a bit better than the OP has done.

AndersonGGTTH
06-03-2011, 09:08 PM
also im 15 with deslexia sorry guys for my rubbish "coherrence" of a sentence! hibees slagging hibees makes me sick

ArabHibee
06-03-2011, 09:09 PM

I prefer to be called pedantic, not really my fault I was brought up to write proper English and proper sentences. See below regarding making a point:

If you're making a point, you should look to articulate yourself a bit better than the OP has done.

jabis
06-03-2011, 09:09 PM

:agree:

we all spout keech at some point.....I'll be the first to stand up and say...."JESUS WEPT,DID I POST THAT !"£$%^&" LAST NIGHT !

cos sometimes it happens :agree:

Removed
06-03-2011, 09:10 PM

When was he 'slated'? Problem is a number of us can't understand what he is posting so can't make a comment whether it's valid or not.

ArabHibee
06-03-2011, 09:11 PM
also im 15 with deslexia sorry guys for my rubbish "coherrence" of a sentence! hibees slagging hibees makes me sick

Fair play if you have dyslexia and I apologise (twice in one night - must be a record!). But aren't you the one that's started a thread slagging other hibees?

Jonnyboy
06-03-2011, 09:12 PM

C'mon guys - not everyone can do that so how about we cut a bit of slack?

NYHibby
06-03-2011, 09:14 PM
But aren't you the one that's started a thread slagging other hibees?

Yes

ArabHibee
C'mon guys - not everyone can do that so how about we cut a bit of slack?

Already apologised for jumping the gun JC.

AndersonGGTTH
Fair play if you have dyslexia and I apologise (twice in one night - must be a record!). But aren't you the one that's started a thread slagging other hibees?

Harldy would think that it was slagging more to the point of not understanding the negativity (is it spelled coreectly<<??) hope u can read my sentence

jabis

me too

Jonnyboy
06-03-2011, 09:16 PM
Already apologised for jumping the gun JC.

:thumbsup:

Albanian Hibs
06-03-2011, 09:17 PM

Anyone that bothers you on here put them on your ignore list - that's what I've started doing. Simple :greengrin.

AndersonGGTTH
06-03-2011, 09:18 PM
me too

well congrats u must be better!

jabis
06-03-2011, 09:22 PM
well congrats u must be better!

sorry,just read your OP again,thought you were on the wind up,and may be very wrong,my apologies.

Mr Grumpy Git.

iwasthere1972
Well I'm certainly not apologising for what I said so there. :na na:

ArabHibee
Harldy would think that it was slagging more to the point of not understanding the negativity (is it spelled coreectly<<??) hope u can read my sentence

Read that one fine.:greengrin

You first post read to me as if you were slagging off fellow hibees, especially when you were asking who went home and away to matches, as if that made folk who did have more right to slag off players etc.

ArabHibee
06-03-2011, 09:24 PM
Anyone that bothers you on here put them on your ignore list - that's what I've started doing. Simple :greengrin.

Who said that?
:na na:

AndersonGGTTH
06-03-2011, 09:25 PM
Read that one fine.:greengrin

You first post read to me as if you were slagging off fellow hibees, especially when you were asking who went home and away to matches, as if that made folk who did have more right to slag off players etc.

sorry if a came off tht way , just read someting two mins before and a was fuming!

jabis
06-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Well I'm certainly not apologising for what I said so there. :na na:

Uberfans freebase raw Karma through a trombone.....FACT !

iwasthere1972
06-03-2011, 09:29 PM
sorry if a came off tht way , just read someting two mins before and a was fuming!

Aye I've also read Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone and I wasn't too happy with the ending either. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
06-03-2011, 09:30 PM
Uberfans freebase raw Karma through a trombone.....FACT !

I agree.....I think.

Removed
06-03-2011, 09:30 PM

I'm still unsure what your point is? Are folk not allowed to make comments about their personal view of any particular players merits?

jabis
06-03-2011, 09:42 PM
I agree.....I think.

me too

where's peevmor when you need him ?

fat freddy
06-03-2011, 11:18 PM
dyslextic my hairy backside!....too many unforced errors...my particular favourites are yeasterday,potentila,tht,coreectly,citising and actaully...utter nonsense and a good laugh...didn't pay too much notice to the point being made as the spelling errors were much more interesting...cheerz mayt ahm awoo tae ma beed noow.

AndersonGGTTH
07-03-2011, 06:29 AM
right , whatever.

.Sean.
07-03-2011, 07:31 AM
dyslextic my hairy backside!....too many unforced errors...my particular favourites are yeasterday,potentila,tht,coreectly,citising and actaully...utter nonsense and a good laugh...didn't pay too much notice to the point being made as the spelling errors were much more interesting...cheerz mayt ahm awoo tae ma beed noow.Woeful patter and, quite frankly, bang out of order.

Beefster
07-03-2011, 07:39 AM
Why don't posters argue the points made that criticise the Singing Section, Riordan, Thornhill, Sodje, Nish, Rankin etc etc rather than just moaning about folk moaning?

Just an idea.

Jack
07-03-2011, 07:59 AM
I think the OP is quite rightly criticising the folk that come on here and all they do is moan.

He’s seen and heard, when he’s at the games in Section 43, supporters who are very positive about the team and asks where do all these moaning minis come from?

He’s right, having just accomplished a 6 game unbeaten run there are still folk on here who are negative. Who appear incapable of enjoying our success and are more intent at finding fault with something, anything where the majority see achievements.

Never mind AndersonGGTTH. It’s a FACT [END OF :agree:] that people with a positive attitude towards life and stuff live longer, so you will be able to watch, follow and support your team for a few extra years more than they will.

:flag::cgwa:cgwa:flag:

steakbake
07-03-2011, 08:15 AM
I'm baffled then why you are starting this thread now :confused:

Gets the post count up.

We all do it. :wink:

killie-hibby
07-03-2011, 08:35 AM
dyslextic my hairy backside!....too many unforced errors...my particular favourites are yeasterday,potentila,tht,coreectly,citising and actaully...utter nonsense and a good laugh...didn't pay too much notice to the point being made as the spelling errors were much more interesting...cheerz mayt ahm awoo tae ma beed noow.

It's a shame you didn't pay too much notice to the OP. Read it again and you will discover Anderson GGTTH is appealing for unity and constructive criticism to replace frequently posted destructive criticism.

Removed
07-03-2011, 08:38 AM
Gets the post count up.

Do we? Surely not :greengrin

Thomson1875
07-03-2011, 08:39 AM
That's the one thing I agree with, is that when your at the game you seem to think most people are positive and talk about good points that have happened during the game, come on here and seems a completely different view on everything more un-positive posts.

I don't really post often but come on to check what's going on ect.

At the end of the day its a forum where people talk opinions of their own. Without them it would be like happy land imo.

steakbake
07-03-2011, 08:47 AM
Do we? Surely not :greengrin

Apparently. I'm not sure though. Never done it myself. :rolleyes:

Hibercelona
07-03-2011, 09:09 AM

You really shouldn't comment on a difficulty that you clearly know nothing about.

As for the OP. I agree that you do get a lot of that on here. But its no different than any other football form (except keekback).

When the team isn't performing, you will always see fingers getting pointed in all different directions. Thankfully we're getting results now, so the nerves have all calmed down for now.

:flag:

R'Albin
07-03-2011, 10:20 AM
Gets the post count up.

well i don't:wink:

Dinkydoo
07-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Difference of opinion on a message board, who'd have thought it :rolleyes:.

Negative comments do get a bit much now and again on here but after the worst run we've ever had in the history of our club I think that most of it was fairly justifiable.

Starting a thread dedicated to complaining about the moaners is however quite funny now that I think about it; and pointless.

Hibercelona
07-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Difference of opinion on a message board, who'd have thought it :rolleyes:.

Negative comments do get a bit much now and again on here but after the worst run we've ever had in the history of our club I think that most of it was fairly justifiable.

Starting a thread dedicated to complaining about the moaners is however quite funny now that I think about it; and pointless.

So is that somebody now moaning about somebody elses moaning about other peoples moaning? :dizzy: :greengrin

Pretty Boy
07-03-2011, 12:49 PM

A forum is all about opinions, if we were all positivity and smiles all the time there would be very little discussion.

6 weeks ago there was almost universal negativity on here, however over the last few weeks the team has been playing reaonably well and, more importantly, winning, i've generally found it to e quite positive on here lately. Saturday was a poorer performance than of late so of course there was going to be criticism. On the whole though i still see most people accepting a point in Perth isn't a bad result.

As for criticism of Riordan. At the end of the day he hasn't been playing well lately, all this season really. He's probably got off lighter than a lot of other players would have done had they been performing the way he has. I think for a lot of people it's frustration because they know he is better than he is showing, i'm sure Deeks is frustrated himself because he knows he's better than he has been lately.

Personally i think a forum offers a certain level of anonymity that allows people to be more forceful in their opinions/criticism than they would be at the match, in the pub etc etc. You will tend to get more extreme opinions. I would hate to go on a forum and see nothing but negatives but equally i wouldn't like to read a forum that is nothing but positive. If you don't like the negativity it may be an idea to post your views on certain subjects in direct response to those being negative.

steakbake
07-03-2011, 01:30 PM
well i don't:wink:

basehibby
07-03-2011, 03:53 PM

Don't be discouraged from coming on here because of your grammar/spelling - I can certainly understand the point you're making.

I agree with you in some senses - I'm sometimes amazed by the capacity of some to view a glass as half empty and by the apparent pleasure some take in ripping the pish out of certain Hibs players.

But these posters only represent one side of the wide spectrum of Hibbees who post on here - there's also plenty who choose to take a more objective slant on things and still others who use this and other forums to take positive ACTION to benefit the Hibs - a prime example of that would be the recent emergence of the singing section who made great use of Hibs.net and the Bounce etc to push forward a great initiative which has really made a difference to the atmosphere at ER.

jakki
07-03-2011, 05:29 PM
:hijack:I am dyslexic too but over the many years, I have learnt to deal with it a bit better. I try to take my time typing (sometimes it's hard when you're angry!),paying special attention to the " there"and "their" etc and rereading the post twice before submitting.

Don't anyone stop posting your views because you're embarrassed at being dyslexic. Our opinions are just as valuable as others.

Rant over:greengrin

R'Albin
07-03-2011, 05:33 PM

Just letting ykiou know :agree:

matty_f
07-03-2011, 06:55 PM
:hijack:I am dyslexic too but over the many years, I have learnt to deal with it a bit better. I try to take my time typing (sometimes it's hard when you're angry!),paying special attention to the " there"and "their" etc and rereading the post twice before submitting.

Don't anyone stop posting your views because you're embarrassed at being dyslexic. Our opinions are just as valuable as others.

Rant over:greengrin

A lot of internet browsers also come equipped with spellcheckers as well, which highlight incorrect words as you type (I'm on IE7 at the moment, which doesn't have it as a built in feature, but Chrome, Firefox, and IIRC IE8 do).

jakki
07-03-2011, 07:14 PM
A lot of internet browsers also come equipped with spellcheckers as well, which highlight incorrect words as you type (I'm on IE7 at the moment, which doesn't have it as a built in feature, but Chrome, Firefox, and IIRC IE8 do).

yes I admit that but I was on the internet for 2+ years until I discovered this.
I'm a self learner. The nearest I ever got to technology was with my french lingaphone thingwy nearly 48 years ago.

Spell checker does not correct between there's and theirs.

I was only trying to give the young lad support and advice.

I'm_cabbaged
07-03-2011, 07:20 PM

You're a complete and utter Shereen.

steakbake
07-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Just letting ykiou know :agree:

Oops - typo there - did you see it? Didn't know whether to point it out or not but thought that it'd be worth a wee post anyway.

Removed
07-03-2011, 07:41 PM
Oops - typo there - did you see it? Didn't know whether to point it out or not but thought that it'd be worth a wee post anyway.

:agree: It worried me. I saw it and thought it said Ukio at first :Romanov:

derekduval
07-03-2011, 07:42 PM

Rant over:greengrin how does that make you dyslexic surely it just means your not very good at spelling and grammar? plenty things im no good at but i dont need a special label

HNA12
07-03-2011, 08:02 PM
how does that make you dyslexic surely it just means your not very good at spelling and grammar? plenty things im no good at but i dont need a special label

You are obviously are not good at showing compassion for a condition that makes life that bit tougher for some. I will leave it to others to give you a special label. Thread closed.