PDA

View Full Version : Haye v Klitschko is on!!!

Pretty Boy
06-03-2011, 07:58 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/9416218.stm

And about time too. Just what the heavyweight division needs, a Klitschko in against a real live challenger.

Haye has the power to trouble Wlad who is chinny. Wlad is technically a very good boxer, works the jab to set up the big straight right or right cross.

'Mon the Hayemaker.

Gatecrasher
06-03-2011, 09:00 PM
Haye will tear him a new one imo

David_D
06-03-2011, 09:18 PM
I'm looking forward to this. Lets hope neither fighter gets another injury which forces them to cancel again. This is the fight that the heavyweight division has needed . :thumbsup:

Woody1985
07-03-2011, 08:55 AM
Hopefully it goes ahead but I won't hold my breath.

I think haye's 'injury' when they fought last time was because setanta were about to fold meaning he'd have lost a million quid or so.

Pretty Boy
07-03-2011, 09:59 AM
Haye will tear him a new one imo

Reckon it will be a close fight but Haye can definitely win.

Got a feeling Adam Booth will have Haye fighting in quite a similar style to the Valuev fight, using his speed to keep away from the bigger man. Wlad tends to use his jab to keep opponents at bay so Haye will more than likely try to duck inside, land the shot then get out again. Neither man has a chin that could be described as granite so there is definitely potential for a KO. If Haye can land a few big shots then he has a great chance, when he drops the hands and throws those gunslinger punches from the waist there isn't a harder puncher in the world.

Wlad will do what he always does. Jab, jab, right, jab, jab, right. It's not pretty too watch at times but it's effective and he's technically excellent. He also has decent power and the jab and right hands are relentless and deliver a fair ammount of punishment if/when they land.

A fight like this is the eauty of heavyweight boxing, a good match up that could be decided by one big punch.

Hopefully it goes ahead but I won't hold my breath.

I think haye's 'injury' when they fought last time was because setanta were about to fold meaning he'd have lost a million quid or so.

I've got a feeling it will go ahead this time. Haye has said consistently he will retire his year and he knows if he is to have a legacy at heavyweight he has to fight a Klitschko. The Ruiz and Harrison fights were all about the finances, this one is about pride.

Agree with you about Hayes injury last time out, the Setanta situation definitely contributed. I think it might also be the case that he and Adam Booth realised going straight in against a Klitschko in only his 3rd ever fight at heavyweight was perhaps biting of more than he could chew. Haye is now an established heavyweight and this fight mght just be at the perfect time for him.