PDA

View Full Version : Tickets Season ticket help

Gus Fring
06-03-2011, 05:10 PM
My son is disabled and im thinking of getting him a season ticket for next season. I know the docs etc I need but I was wondering what the actual ticket looks like cos he doesnt like making a big deal about it and if he gets a normal seat as he's not in a wheelchair. Also the ticket office said there's a waiting list for disabled tickets? Any info from someone who knows would be appreciated as he's been bugging me all day and the TO is closed :(

lucky
06-03-2011, 05:24 PM
One of my mates is registered disabled and gets the same ticket as the rest of us and sits beside us.

ArabHibee
06-03-2011, 05:26 PM
My son is disabled and im thinking of getting him a season ticket for next season. I know the docs etc I need but I was wondering what the actual ticket looks like cos he doesnt like making a big deal about it and if he gets a normal seat as he's not in a wheelchair. Also the ticket office said there's a waiting list for disabled tickets? Any info from someone who knows would be appreciated as he's been bugging me all day and the TO is closed :(

Someone else might be able to give you more information but this is what I know.
Your son's ticket will just be the same as everyone else's ticket, a plastic card. It will have "concession" written on it (as will yours as his carer) and nothing else. Concession can also mean student.
I think the waiting list for disabled tickets may only be for wheelchairs and if he doesn't use one the I wouldn't think this would be an issue.
I would call the ticket office direct and ask to speak to Judith the manager. She should be able to answer all your questions.

Jay
06-03-2011, 07:46 PM
I have the disabled and carer St in the past and the tickets are the same as everybody elses. As Arab says if he is in a seat I would be surprised if he was on a waiting list. We didnt have a wheelchair either and it was no problem. Ticket office staff were usually brill when dealing with ours.

H18sry
06-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Someone else might be able to give you more information but this is what I know.
Your son's ticket will just be the same as everyone else's ticket, a plastic card. It will have "concession" written on it (as will yours as his carer) and nothing else. Concession can also mean student.
I think the waiting list for disabled tickets may only be for wheelchairs and if he doesn't use one the I wouldn't think this would be an issue.
I would call the ticket office direct and ask to speak to Judith the manager. She should be able to answer all your questions.

No it hasn't, it is just like any adult season ticket :agree:

ronaldo7
06-03-2011, 07:55 PM

:agree: It's a normal ticket. Name, client ref number, which stand your in, seat number, and which turnstile to enter.

Go down to the ticket office if you can mate, and they'll sort you out no probs.

ArabHibee
06-03-2011, 08:02 PM

R, you have an adult season ticket, you don't get a concession just coz you're a wee bit on the chubby side, regardless of what the ticket office told you.
:coffee:

70hibby
06-03-2011, 08:09 PM
:agree: It's a normal ticket. Name, client ref number, which stand your in, seat number, and which turnstile to enter.

Go down to the ticket office if you can mate, and they'll sort you out no probs.

Fraid not, the ticket says "disabled" or "carer". My daughter has one and I have the other so I can 100% confirm this.

They do look exactly the same as a full adult but just with those words on it.

But you can sit any where you like, we are in the East.

H18sry
06-03-2011, 08:10 PM
R, you have an adult season ticket, you don't get a concession just coz you're a wee bit on the chubby side, regardless of what the ticket office told you.
:coffee:

:kettle: but unfortunately my boy is disabled :tsk tsk::tsk tsk:

H18sry
06-03-2011, 08:11 PM
Fraid not, the ticket says "disabled" or "carer". My daughter has one and I have the other so I can 100% confirm this.

ours don't :wink:

ronaldo7
06-03-2011, 08:12 PM

I too have a daughter who's disabled, and I am her carer. My tickets are as discribed.

:aok:

Removed
06-03-2011, 08:13 PM
:kettle:

I blame internet shopping coming to Coupar Angus :agree:

ArabHibee
06-03-2011, 08:13 PM
:kettle: but unfortunately my boy is disabled :tsk tsk::tsk tsk:

:embarrass My bad!! Apologies, but you know what I was getting at.

Jay
06-03-2011, 08:25 PM

I have just checked mine and it defo doesn't have carer on it. Cant check the disabled one at the moment but will do tomorrow.

Weird!

Gus Fring
06-03-2011, 08:26 PM
Thanks everyone. Ill speak to Judith tomorrow.

hibeelin
06-03-2011, 09:34 PM
I got disabled and carer st's for the first time this year and was told that there is only a certain percentage of disabled tickets allowed regardless of sitting in 'disabled area' or not. I sit in normal seat in East, believe disabled seats are supposed to be within 6 rows of an entrance (or something like that). And yes my ST's have disabled and carer written on them but otherwise look like everybody elses. Good Luck. :thumbsup: