PDA

View Full Version : Beers V Ultimo

Mister P
06-03-2011, 03:35 PM
I'm sair.
feels like some delayed whiplash cr@p. tomorrow will be a killer.

made life far more difficult than it should have been.
thought jamie had a great game though and got stuck right in.

teo looked like he was tryimg hard to make the right decisions, and in the whole a hugely better performance from the wee man. still a couple of silly moments tho.

goals:
teo 3
dunkie 1

is that correct?

Wysie8
06-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Good win today guys, agree we made it difficult but hey a wins a win and we needed those points on the board. A bit frustated the way we concede sometimes, but thats what training is for. Didnt think the change to the formation was required and it showed cos we didnt settle and gave 2 bad goals. Thought Matt and Ritchie were solid, Teo was great all that running isnae easy and to score 3 is pretty damn good. Well done again to all! Cheesin with my MOTM!!!

Mister P
06-03-2011, 05:28 PM
who gave you MOM?

the ref?

f*** me he must have been more hungover than he let on:rolleyes:

Judas Iscariot
06-03-2011, 05:49 PM
Thought we were utterly dross..

Basic, school boy errors for their goals..

Hardly anybody would get pass marks today!

Jamie had a good game but I really couldn't see past Teo for MOM, a hatrick and that 2nd goal was just class..

Can't say I'm bothered about being banned now tbh :rolleyes:

Mister P
06-03-2011, 05:49 PM
first goal.
around 25 mins
diagonal ball from Burnett(???) found duncs about 2 yds infront of the keeper to get a head on it

how did the 2 other goals happen again?

GB6
06-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Think that might of been a ritchie hoof/pass and not me... An other was a sublime delivery from yours truly onto "horrible puss" large head who let the ball hit him rather than header it ;) then teo followed up for a tap in... I think. And possibly the other 2 came from grant kicking over the top?

Mister P
06-03-2011, 06:03 PM
right, can u give me a brief description of the goals for the match report

Teo10
06-03-2011, 06:27 PM
Striker Matteo Margiotta received the ball on the edge of the box, with two defenders around him, looked at what can only be described as "Keepy Uppies" with the ball while avoiding tackles and as a third defender came in, with his back to goal chipped through them and turned past then showed great strength to beat the third defender before taking a touch and send a left footed shot into the net......

Think that just about sums it up :wink:

Ritchie
06-03-2011, 06:31 PM
1st goal, I hit a shot from the edge of te box that came back to me off a defender, I then hooked it back into the box and duncs headed past the keeper.

2nd, stupid wee horrible puss (grant) swung the corner in and I headed it goalwards and teo was there to beat the keeper.

2 assists for me! :wink:

Ritchie
06-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Thought we were utterly dross..

Basic, school boy errors for their goals..

Hardly anybody would get pass marks today!

Jamie had a good game but I really couldn't see past Teo for MOM, a hatrick and that 2nd goal was just class..

Can't say I'm bothered about being banned now tbh :rolleyes:

Your negativity won't be missed at all. :rolleyes:

Mister P
06-03-2011, 06:35 PM
Ritchie, goin add to this, just pm me the rest and I'll add it to the site
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/hibeernianfc/s/results-reports-15721.html&official=0&fixture_id=579987

Mister P
06-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Striker Matteo Margiotta received the ball on the edge of the box, with two defenders around him, looked at what can only be described as "Keepy Uppies" with the ball while avoiding tackles and as a third defender came in, with his back to goal chipped through them and turned past then showed great strength to beat the third defender before taking a touch and send a left footed shot into the net......

Think that just about sums it up :wink:

what time roughly was that, and what goal? (3rd/4th)

Ritchie
06-03-2011, 06:41 PM
what time roughly was that, and what goal? (3rd/4th)

3rd

Judas Iscariot
06-03-2011, 06:41 PM
Your negativity won't be missed at all. :rolleyes:

I'll no miss a load of pish and a waste of a Sunday either :aok:

3 assists for you today btw :agree:

MacBean
06-03-2011, 06:42 PM
I have to apologise for my own performance today, well and truly not at the races today. Thought I was good in the tackle and in the air, but I panicked every time I got the ball, and my distribution was simply awful. Whether its a lack of match practice or whatever i dont know. I'm really dissapointed in myself.
Jamie played well but a hat trick cannot be argued with and Teo deserves MOM today.

again, sorry lads, really hacked off

Ritchie
06-03-2011, 06:43 PM
I'll no miss a load of pish and a waste of a Sunday either :aok:

3 assists for you today btw :agree:

:aok:

Gus
06-03-2011, 06:46 PM
Are we better than that dross we played today?? a wee bit. we wanted it more, that was the difference. We fanny around at half time and within 10 minutes we have conceded.

1st goal - 3 opportunities to clear the ball.......we don't and it results in getting whacked off fentons back, over the top and boom goal

2nd goal - we go all out going forward and leaves massive holes, ball played through to a guy who is AT LEAST 5 yards offside, i will take responsibility as i should of got back.

Beattie for the 2nd week in a row had two real things to do.......pick the ball out of the back of the net - spme good distribution considering he was carrying an injury

Were we dross - NO, would we get pumped if we played like that against a better team - MAYBE

But we weren't playing a better team & we won, we have got 3 points on the board. Have we done anything this season to suggest we should be beating the teams above us? - NO.

Lets take every game as it comes

We shouldn't of gone to 4-4-2 - FACT - I thought Jamie put in a good shift, Teo scored 3, that will help the wee mans confidence. Could of linked up more, when he did it worked:aok:

Dunks, could/should of got a couple
John, considering he hardly plays I thought he done alright. Not left footed and it sometimes it showed but :aok:
Ritchie - solid in the 1st half, good talking, went a bit cavalier towards the end imo
Gav - some not bad touches in the first half, could work on his decision making, when to and not to take a man on/cross the ball.
Macbean - was getting pulled from pillar to post in the first half & I think could of benefited from one person telling him instead of 2 or 3 shouts. IMO
shouldn't of dropped back as it destroyed the shape (no one to blame)
Fenton - alot better delivery today, battled, joke he got booked. Frustrated though (see post)
Wee grant - some very good delivery today, battled away - IMO doesn't like playing out on the right
Fraser - came on at left back - shouldn't of happened. Would of been more effective in the middle of the park - more of calming influence, foot on the ball. Unlucky with an effort towards the end - note to Fraser - go to the cinema or something on a saturday
Brad - wee man has come on leaps and bounds and doesn't matter who we play gives 110%, unlucky with injury last week
Me - MOTM - :wink:

no point having a love in over the game, BUT a win is a win and 3 points is 3 points

Would like to get the take from the Likes of Scott Young on the sidelines

anyway

Love Gus

xxx

Ritchie
06-03-2011, 06:47 PM
End of the day we got 3 points today.

Aye, we were pretty rank in the second half but I thought we were good in the first.

We've played much better in the last couple of games and got beat so I'm looking on the brightside that we are back to winning ways.

We will definately need to improve for next Sunday which is another massive game for us.

Getting on each others back after a win isn't going to get us anywhere

Glory glory

Mister P
06-03-2011, 07:10 PM
I'm happy with 3 points, but we need to be honest and say overall the performance wasn't good enough. we did well in the 1st half but the 2nd half was dismal:agree:
we seem to be making the same mistakes week in week out, so how do we solve that? training? it's bread and butter stuff, track the man, play to the whistle etc, you can't train/coach that kind of thing coz it should be automatic. we defo need a more commanding personality in the CB area, no offence to anyone whos played in there but it's still lacking!
agreed we fell out of it when we went to 4 at the back, but if we hadn't the same people would have been saying we should have locked it up and saw the game out....we've heard all that before.
TBH, they were a different side, very big and strong, and though some might say they were no where near as physical as they could/should have been...were no exactly blessed with a squad of big laddies are we? all in all I think we coped reasonably and made sure that didn't work to their advantage.

3 points....BUT LETS LEARN FROM THIS!!!!!

We are looking to try out other individuals...theres no secret in that, so anyone who finds this a threat then dig deep and show why you're the best option we could ever have!

to take this team forward, there can be no friends anymore. it doesn't matter if its Beattie, Fenton, Deek, Teo, Jamie, Matt or any of the guys I've known personally for years, anyone who can be replaced with a better player will have to be..otherwise I'd be a fake!

Gus
06-03-2011, 07:19 PM
I'm happy with 3 points, but we need to be honest and say overall the performance wasn't good enough. we did well in the 1st half but the 2nd half was dismal:agree:
we seem to be making the same mistakes week in week out, so how do we solve that? training? it's bread and butter stuff, track the man, play to the whistle etc, you can't train/coach that kind of thing coz it should be automatic. we defo need a more commanding personality in the CB area, no offence to anyone whos played in there but it's still lacking!
Agreed we fell out of it when we went to 4 at the back, but if we hadn't the same people would have been saying we should have locked it up and saw the game out....we've heard all that before.
TBH, they were a different side, very big and strong, and though some might say they were no where near as physical as they could/should have been...were no exactly blessed with a squad of big laddies are we? all in all I think we coped reasonably and made sure that didn't work to their advantage.

3 points....BUT LETS LEARN FROM THIS!!!!!

We are looking to try out other individuals...theres no secret in that, so anyone who finds this a threat then dig deep and show why you're the best option we could ever have!

to take this team forward, there can be no friends anymore. it doesn't matter if its Beattie, Fenton, Deek, Teo, Jamie, Matt or any of the guys I've known personally for years, anyone who can be replaced with a better player will have to be..otherwise I'd be a fake!

As we are not friends anymore, i think the above is dross

Judas Iscariot
06-03-2011, 07:22 PM
Why are we using this board for aftermatch chat and not our own?

Mister P
06-03-2011, 07:24 PM
yup.
end of thread

Gus
06-03-2011, 07:26 PM
only friends tells Gus what to do...........

which board, the private one/pitch hero?

Judas Iscariot
06-03-2011, 07:26 PM
yup.
end of thread

:aok:

See you's in a month or so :agree:

GB6
06-03-2011, 09:15 PM
"ricochet'd off Duncan" was ritchie and tbh it was more of a header than "ricochet'd"

Ritchie
06-03-2011, 09:19 PM
"ricochet'd off Duncan" was ritchie and tbh it was more of a header than "ricochet'd"

Correct!!