blackpoolhibs
06-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Great assist from Nani with a pinpoint header for the 2nd. :thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
06-03-2011, 02:17 PM
Nae luck Man u :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
06-03-2011, 02:17 PM
Jamie Carragher, what a dirty sod that guy is.

Gets away with murder every single week. :bitchy:

blackpoolhibs
06-03-2011, 02:20 PM

Yip, he's always elbowing folk in the head. :wink:

HibbyAndy
06-03-2011, 02:22 PM

Rafael should have saw red there..Both feet off the ground.

Hibs Class
06-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Rafael what a dirty sod that guy is.

Gets away with murder every single week :bitchy:

blackpoolhibs
06-03-2011, 02:25 PM

:tee hee::tee hee:

nonshinyfinish

Could easily have been a red card.

I'll be surprised if this finishes 11 v 11...a few players close to losing the plot.

HibbyAndy

:top marks

:greengrin

HibbyAndy
06-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Could easily have been a red card.

I'll be surprised if this finishes 11 v 11...a few players close to losing the plot.

:agree:

Wotherspiniesta
06-03-2011, 02:27 PM

Oh well, Nani's crippled so TSSF will be happy :wink:

Liverpool have been much the better team to be fair. Hounded and harried all over the park.

Brown is never going to make it at Man United and Michael Carrick is not fitted at all for a game of this high intensity. Wants far too long on the ball.

Congrats to Liverpool so far. Highlight in what has been another below average season for them.

TheBall'sRound
06-03-2011, 02:28 PM
Hope Nani's injury isn't too serious. He was Liverpool's best player....

grunt
06-03-2011, 02:28 PM
I'll be surprised if this finishes 11 v 11...a few players close to losing the plot.Well let's just hope that Fergie and Dalgleish don't go head to head afterwards.

Sir David Gray
06-03-2011, 02:30 PM

Wouldn't necessarily disagree with that, but after Carragher did something not too dissimilar a few minutes beforehand and only got booked for it, he was always getting a yellow card.

A Liverpool player (think it was Maxi) also put in a pretty high challenge on Rafael just before he put the tackle in.

Really? I must have missed all those bad tackles that he's put in and all the times he holds the shirt of the attacker and never gets picked up for it.

HibbyAndy
06-03-2011, 02:30 PM
How much of a pap is Van der sar?? Runs the length of the pitch that has absolutely NOTHING to do with him so he gets a yellow card then sprints over to the linesman making himself look even mare of a dick than he already is to moan about Kuyt's CLEAR onside goal.

Sir David Gray
06-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Oh well, Nani's crippled so TSSF will be happy :wink:

Liverpool have been much the better team to be fair. Hounded and harried all over the park.

Brown is never going to make it at Man United and Michael Carrick is not fitted at all for a game of this high intensity. Wants far too long on the ball.

Congrats to Liverpool so far. Highlight in what has been another below average season for them.

No problem in admitting that Liverpool have played the better stuff so far, they deserve to be in the lead. However, it does help when the opposition's laying goals on a plate for you.

I am getting a bit concerned by United's recent form and I'm just pleased that the world champion bottle merchants are the only other team in the title race.

Not too sure where you're coming from with your comment about Wes Brown not making it at Man Utd though. Brown will be 32 this year so he'll be thinking about retiring in the next three or four years. I would say he'll be staying at Old Trafford until then.

Think I'll also stop short of offering Liverpool congratulations. :sick:

Hibs Class
06-03-2011, 02:47 PM
Wouldn't necessarily disagree with that, but after Carragher did something not too dissimilar a few minutes beforehand and only got booked for it, he was always getting a yellow card.

A Liverpool player (think it was Maxi) also put in a pretty high challenge on Rafael just before he put the tackle in.

Really? I must have missed all those bad tackles that he's put in and all the times he holds the shirt of the attacker and never gets picked up for it.

You must have seen Rafael go in high / two footed on more than one occasion. I know I have. Certainly did it in the cup game against Liverpool. (There was also a certain irony in my post though - don't know if you saw it?:wink:)

Sir David Gray
06-03-2011, 02:56 PM
You must have seen Rafael go in high / two footed on more than one occasion. I know I have. Certainly did it in the cup game against Liverpool. (There was also a certain irony in my post though - don't know if you saw it?:wink:)

I saw it, I just chose to ignore it. :wink:

Sir David Gray
06-03-2011, 02:57 PM
3-0 Kuyt. :bitchy:

HibbyAndy
06-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Hat-trick :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mon Liverpool eat into that goal difference!!!!!!

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SteveHFC
06-03-2011, 02:58 PM

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
06-03-2011, 02:58 PM

Did you not say a few weeks back Liverpool will get gubbed? :hilarious

blackpoolhibs
06-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Men against boys. :greengrin

Hibs Class
06-03-2011, 03:01 PM
Good play by Kuyt. You don't see enough strikers following the ball in in case of a goalkeeping error these days.

HibbyAndy
06-03-2011, 03:01 PM
Men against boys. :greengrin

Liverpool pishin all over Man u right now.

Sir David Gray
06-03-2011, 03:05 PM
Did you not say a few weeks back Liverpool will get gubbed? :hilarious

Even the best teams in the world have off days and can lose to lesser sides.

Over the course of 38 games though, the cream always rises to the top. :agree:

:wink:

scoopyboy
06-03-2011, 03:06 PM

Liverpool pishin all over Man u right now.

Reminds me a bit of Aberdeen v. Rangers, Liverpool always seem to raise their game especially at Anfield.

Similar again in that no matter how many times they beat them they never get close to finishing above them.

Men against boys today but come the final table it will be the boys well above the men.

Sir David Gray
06-03-2011, 03:12 PM
Reminds me a bit of Aberdeen v. Rangers, Liverpool always seem to raise their game especially at Anfield.

Similar again in that no matter how many times they beat them they never get close to finishing above them.

Men against boys today but come the final table it will be the boys well above the men.

:agree: Hear, hear.

Liverpool will be just the 18 points behind United after today. Great effort by the Scousers considering they were looking like relegation candidates about three months ago. :applause:

This result should mean that they finish in the top half of the league.

Sylar
06-03-2011, 03:13 PM
Wow - forgot this was on, came back in from being out and can't quite believe the score.

I don't normally like to hear about players being crocked - I'll make an exception for Nani though :greengrin

Hibs Class
06-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Utd have really missed Vidic today. It goes to show how foolish and costly his last minute red card against chelsea was.

HibbyAndy
06-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Have to say im throughly enjoying this game :agree: Watching Fergusons face is pleasing on the eye :agree:

Sylar
06-03-2011, 03:19 PM
Was this game over as soon as Phil Dowd was announced as the referee :confused:

You need strong officials in games like this you know :agree:

HibbyAndy
06-03-2011, 03:20 PM
Was this game over as soon as Phil Dowd was announced as the referee :confused:

You need strong officials in games like this you know :agree:

Spot on:agree:

Amean Rafael got a yellow and not the deserved red card .Not good enough Mr Dowd.

Sylar
06-03-2011, 03:22 PM
As much as it sticks in the throat (as I really don't like Liverpool either), this Suarez looks like a cracking player (rolling on the turf aside).

Hibs Class
06-03-2011, 03:24 PM
Wonder who they'll make motm. Kuyt's 3 goals mean it will probably be him but I think Suarez was the stand out player.

scoopyboy
06-03-2011, 03:24 PM
As much as it sticks in the throat (as I really don't like Liverpool either), this Suarez looks like a cracking player (rolling on the turf aside).

Agreed, Liverpool came out of the Torres deal well in front IMO.

Betty Boop
06-03-2011, 04:01 PM
A wonderful present for his 60th birthday ! Happy birthday King Kenny !! :thumbsup:

jdships
06-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Agreed, Liverpool came out of the Torres deal well in front IMO.

:agree: That was a really astute piece of business by 'pool , and we have still to see how Carrol fits in :greengrin.
I often think that Kuyt is the "unsung hero" at Annfield always puts in good shift without getting the recognition he deserves .
Makes for an interesting finish to the league race

The Story So Far...

Was this game over as soon as Phil Dowd was announced as the referee

Are you saying "Manure " would have won if there had been a different referee ?:rolleyes::greengrin

Bad Martini
06-03-2011, 04:30 PM
To the anti Liverpool brigade on here and the "lifelong" "dyed in the wool" man ure and chelski fans and aw the haters of the mighty Anfield Reds.....**** ye aw and GIRFUY.

the king is back, long live the king and sir alex soor faced bitter t....GIRFUY anaw.

Walk on !

Yesssss

Ps we were ***** last week and deserved **** all but one bad week since King Kenny come back doth not make a bad team or a bad manager.

Pps dashing boab???? Have that son!

iwasthere1972
06-03-2011, 04:49 PM
To the anti Liverpool brigade on here and the "lifelong" "dyed in the wool" man ure and chelski fans and aw the haters of the mighty Anfield Reds.....**** ye aw and GIRFUY.

the king is back, long live the king and sir alex soor faced bitter canttt....GIRFUY anaw.

Walk on !

Yesssss

Ps we were ***** last week and deserved **** all but one bad week since King Kenny come back doth not make a bad team or a bad manager.

:top marks Aye c'mon the Scousers.

Wotherspiniesta
06-03-2011, 04:52 PM

the king is back, long live the king and sir alex soor faced bitter ****...GIRFUY anaw.

Walk on !

Yesssss

One bad week?

Did you not lose:

2-1 to Blackpool?
And 1-0 to United?
And drew 1-1 with Wigan at home?
And get pumped 3-1 by West Ham?

Liverpool deserved to win today, but lets not get carried away here.

greenlex
06-03-2011, 04:59 PM
Wolves 2 Spurs 2. Another cracking game. Hutton should have been off but got away with a yellow. Definate goal scoring opportunity for me.

HH81
06-03-2011, 05:01 PM
One bad week?

Did you not lose:

2-1 to Blackpool?
And 1-0 to United?

Great game today hope you enjoyed it. Well done Liverpool. :)

Wotherspiniesta
06-03-2011, 05:06 PM
Great game today hope you enjoyed it. Well done Liverpool. :)

Aye, well done Liverpool.

Just the 18 points off the top of the table now :aok:

As scoopyboy said, Liverpool raise their game against United. Its understandable, they dont have much else to play for this season.

jdships
06-03-2011, 05:12 PM

the king is back, long live the king and sir alex soor faced bitter t....GIRFUY anaw.

Walk on !

Yesssss

:thumbsup::top marks

HH81
06-03-2011, 05:16 PM
Aye, well done Liverpool.

Just the 18 points off the top of the table now :aok:

As scoopyboy said, Liverpool raise their game against United. Its understandable, they dont have much else to play for this season.
Why Manchester united? It's not real been a tv fan and watching on sky!

Wembley67
06-03-2011, 05:16 PM
Is it just me or is there a huge amount of bitter man utd fans on this thread, it actually reminds me of a yam mentality!

And that is coming from a man utd appreciator.

H18sry
06-03-2011, 05:24 PM
Is it just me or is there a huge amount of bitter man utd fans on this thread, it actually reminds me of a yam mentality!

Band wagon trophy hunting barstewards :agree:

scoopyboy
06-03-2011, 05:31 PM

Man Utd are my favoured English team but it doesn't come anywhere near my love for Hibs.

I like to see them win but it doesn't upset me if they lose.

Certainly not bitter and I think Liverpool could be a real force next season.

scoopyboy
06-03-2011, 05:35 PM
Band wagon trophy hunting barstewards :agree:

Certainly not in my case.

I just remember them beating Benfica 4-1 at Wembley but then had to wait twenty odd years to see them win the league.

I could argue that most Liverpool fans on here support them because they were winning leagues and Euro Cups when they were picking their English teams.

In which case they are the band wagon trophy hunting barstewards.

jdships
06-03-2011, 05:38 PM
Man Utd are my favoured English team but it doesn't come anywhere near my love for Hibs.

I like to see them win but it doesn't upset me if they lose.

Certainly not bitter and I think Liverpool could be a real force next season.

Good post - after all "it's only a game 2 as someone "famous " once said.
Liverpool through relatives who played their are my favourite English team but will never replace my feelings for HFC :
"I like to see them win but it doesn't upset me if they lose."
That's how it should be :agree:

grunt
06-03-2011, 05:38 PM
Fletch on for Wolves v Spurs.

truehibernian
06-03-2011, 05:40 PM

I just remember them beating Benfica 4-1 at Wembley but then had to wait twenty odd years to see them win the league.

I could argue that most Liverpool fans on here support them because they were winning leagues and Euro Cups when they were picking their English teams.

I support Hibs and West Ham......does that mean I should be thinking of getting sectioned :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
06-03-2011, 05:42 PM
I support Hibs and West Ham......does that mean I should be thinking of getting sectioned :greengrin

Band-wagon trophy avoiding barsteward! :grr:

hibee92
06-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Steven Fletcher for Wolves :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

stokesmessiah
06-03-2011, 05:49 PM
Great Goal Fletch :thumbsup:

lugz
06-03-2011, 05:50 PM
Steven Fletcher for Wolves :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good header!

Has to be said the ref has had a shocker aswell

Sylar
06-03-2011, 05:50 PM
Wolves 3-3 Spurs

Fletcher :thumbsup:

scoopyboy
06-03-2011, 05:52 PM

Nah, both like to play football the way it is meant to be played.

Well they did when I was a laddie.

hibee92
06-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Good header!

:agree: hutton should have walked and wolves no-goal was a weird one

IWasThere2016
06-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Good header!

:agree: + :agree:. Halsey has cost Wolves the 3 points as Hutton should have been aff and there was nowt wrong with the Stearman header!

Wotherspiniesta
06-03-2011, 05:58 PM

Not bitter at all. Just giving some stats and facts. If I was that bitter I'd give no acclaim to Liverpool's good performance today. They done well and deserved to win.

Suarez looks a cracking player and Dalglish has got them playing sporadically well.

And dont even compare it to a yam mentality. That's just sick. Sick and wrong :greengrin

Bad Martini
06-03-2011, 06:27 PM
One bad week?

Did you not lose:

2-1 to Blackpool?
And 1-0 to United?

Aye. And then?

Am no gonny make excuses for **** ups but if the reds are so ***** what does that make the mighty man ure?

Ill follow Liverpool forever more, regardless. ALWAYS have and always will.

And ill have a 3-1 over ferguson anaw.......The King is back and long live the King

WALK ON.....

ENDOF

Wotherspiniesta
06-03-2011, 06:38 PM
Aye. And then?

Am no gonny make excuses for **** ups but if the reds are so ***** what does that make the mighty man ure?

Ill follow Liverpool forever more, regardless. ALWAYS have and always will.

And ill have a 3-1 over ferguson anaw.......The King is back and long live the King

WALK ON.....

ENDOF

Well, that's 3 more bad weeks than you initially said. I don't think I needed any more examples than that.

Point being that Liverpool's results are erratic. A bookies dream this season you could say.

Oh, and it makes Man Utd top of the league. And still fighting for the Champions League, FA Cup and league title.

HibbyAndy
06-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Well, that's 3 more bad weeks than you initially said. I don't think I needed any more examples than that.

Point being that Liverpool's results are erratic. A bookies dream this season you could say.

Oh, and it makes Man Utd top of the league. And still fighting for the Champions League, FA Cup and league title.

No if Arsenal win there game in hand by 3 goals :greengrin

WarringtonHibee
06-03-2011, 06:44 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/ta30ox.gif

Wotherspiniesta
06-03-2011, 07:06 PM
No if Arsenal win there game in hand by 3 goals :greengrin

Once United knock them out the FA cup, and Barca knock them out the CL, Arsenal's confidence will be well and truly shot to pieces :wink:

HibbyAndy
06-03-2011, 07:12 PM
Once United knock them out the FA cup, and Barca knock them out the CL, Arsenal's confidence will be well and truly shot to pieces :wink:

If Barca oust Arsenal from the CL ( Which i think they will BTW) Means the Gunners can concentrate on the League with nae midweek fixtures every week till May..:wink:

P.s, I dont think Barca putting Arsenal out the CL will dent Arsenal's confidence...Best team in the world by a mile, Nae shame there son..Least beating them at the Emirates gives them half a chance.

Last FA Cup game at Old trafford, Dae yer research :wink: Infamous 'Beckham boot to the heid gate' :wink:

Wotherspiniesta
06-03-2011, 07:16 PM
If Barca oust Arsenal from the CL ( Which i think they will BTW) Means the Gunners can concentrate on the League with nae midweek fixtures every week till May..:wink:

P.s, I dont think Barca putting Arsenal out the CL will dent Arsenal's confidence...Best team in the world by a mile, Nae shame there son..Least beating them at the Emirates gives them half a chance.

Last FA Cup game at Old trafford, Dae yer research :wink: Infamous 'Beckham boot to the heid gate' :wink:

Arsenal will bottle it in all comps at one point or another. Mark my words. :aok:

HibbyAndy
06-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Arsenal will bottle it in all comps at one point or another. Mark my words. :aok:

Ken your right :agree:

Just wish Arsenal could bring back the Invincibles and go the whole season unbeaten :agree:

Wotherspiniesta
06-03-2011, 07:25 PM
Ken your right :agree:

Just wish Arsenal could bring back the Invincibles and go the whole season unbeaten :agree:

So does Arsene :greengrin

scoopyboy
06-03-2011, 07:30 PM

Did Man U no beat Arsenal 4-0 at Old Trafford in the last couple of seasons.

Certainly well after Beckham departed.

HibbyAndy
06-03-2011, 07:31 PM
So does Arsene :greengrin

Just Henry would dae

HibbyAndy
06-03-2011, 07:33 PM
Did Man U no beat Arsenal 4-0 at Old Trafford in the last couple of seasons.

Certainly well after Beckham departed.

You could be right mate ..I just remember the 2-0 Arsenal game and Fergie hitting Beckham in the heid with a football boot game.

No doubting you tho, You may well be correct.

Bad Martini
06-03-2011, 08:07 PM
pumped 3-1... [/B]

I freely admitted we were ***** last week.

You rightly point out we were pumped 3-1 last week, thats right (thats why I said that) so lest we forget, yer mighty man ure were PUMPED today 3-1....

So, er 3-1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1
:na na:

WALK ON.

Hibs90
06-03-2011, 08:13 PM
The Man Utd love-in is sickening.

Wotherspiniesta
06-03-2011, 08:16 PM
I freely admitted we were ***** last week.

You rightly point out we were pumped 3-1 last week, thats right (thats why I said that) so lest we forget, yer mighty man ure were PUMPED today 3-1....

So, er 3-1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1 -1 3-1 3-1
:na na:

WALK ON.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

King Kenny says its the highlight of your season. 1 game. The highlight of your whole season. :aok:

Man United's highlight of the season will be finishing above everyone. Again.

By the way, I've got the same amount of League titles as Stevie Gerrard. :na na:

hibsbollah
06-03-2011, 08:19 PM
Good play by Kuyt. You don't see enough strikers following the ball in in case of a goalkeeping error these days.

Sodje does. One of the first things i noticed about him.

H18sry
06-03-2011, 08:22 PM

Not guilty I started following them after watching them play us at ER in the Fairs City Cup :wink:

Hibs Class
06-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Sodje does. One of the first things i noticed about him.

He does indeed, one of the first we've had to do so for a while. It used to really frustrate me watching the likes of McCoist and Robertson doing it at ER and our guys couldn't.

scoopyboy
06-03-2011, 08:26 PM
Not guilty I started following them after watching them play us at ER in the Fairs City Cup :wink:

Fair cop guv.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Anyone watching Lazio Palermo?

not long switched on zzzzz.

Anyone know the attendance - looks pretty poor.

iwasthere1972
06-03-2011, 08:32 PM
Anyone watching Lazio Palermo?

not long switched on zzzzz.

Anyone know the attendance - looks pretty poor.

I'd say about 20,000. Nice pink strips.

Dashing Bob S
07-03-2011, 12:57 AM

Walk on !

Yesssss

Not particularly anti-Liverpool, BM, just feel that they are a club very much in decline. Delighted that they won today, as I've no love for Man U either. On footballing terms, as a purist, I'd love to see the Arsenal do it, but I have to agree with FH's words about their temperament.

I look at the fixture list and see Stoke City away, and that tells me that the title will still probably end up at Old Trafford.

Certainly though, City, Chelsea and Spurs must be kicking themselves for letting the points gap get so big between them and the top two. Man U seem determined to throw it away and Arsenal are probably too scared to take it. Still, today's result makes things more interesting.