PDA

View Full Version : Daryll Duffy

hibeg
06-03-2011, 09:49 AM
I thought the guy did really well when he came on for the last 20 minutes or so. Tried to hold the ball up and contributed to the goal. No idea why ref gave a foul against him which led to his booking. Hope he can push on and maybe he could be a decent player for us.

Hibs90
06-03-2011, 09:59 AM
I think he works hard but is effectively pish.

jonny
06-03-2011, 10:02 AM

:agree:

lucky
06-03-2011, 10:15 AM
I actually thought he did well yesterday. He helped get us back in the game. If all our forwards worked as hard as him we might see them get offered new contracts

PeterboroHibee
06-03-2011, 10:20 AM
I thought all of the substitutions yesterday were pretty good. Stevenson actually gave some bite compared to Thornhill, Vaz Te gave us some threat up front almost from the moment he came on and like others have said, Duffy looked good when he came on, was working hard and got himself in some good positions.

Barney McGrew
06-03-2011, 11:01 AM
Stevenson actually gave some bite compared to Thornhill.

I thought that was the wrong sub TBH. CC would have been better hooking Murray instead of Booth IMO.

Baldy Foghorn
06-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Felt that Duffy added impetus for us going foward and his shot being blocked led to Wotherspoon scoring. Duffy did well in his cameo role IMO

Sas_The_Hibby
06-03-2011, 11:52 AM

Not sure he's played often enough for us yet to make a judgement, TBH.

PeterboroHibee
06-03-2011, 12:10 PM
I thought that was the wrong sub TBH. CC would have been better hooking Murray instead of Booth IMO.

Booth looked a bit knackered tbh, and with Murray being captain, he wasnt going to get taken off. I do kind of agree with you, I dont think Murrays really up to it anymore so dont think he should be starting.

Dashing Bob S
06-03-2011, 01:26 PM

Haven't seen that much of him, but I get the impression you may be correct. Definitely a potential victim of the boo-boys.

Hank Schrader
07-03-2011, 02:03 AM

Probably akin to your drivel spouting on this forum.:rolleyes:

Ritchie
07-03-2011, 08:15 AM
Personally I'd start Duffy and Vaz Te upfront against Celtic.

Think there will be a lot more energy about that partnership and could cause problems to celtics centre halves!

Mulgrew isn't a natural CH and mastorovij is slow.

basehibby
08-03-2011, 02:55 AM

:rolleyes: poor call - in his limited game time he's had some good efforts on target and has been unlucky not to score IMO.

keep the faith
08-03-2011, 08:49 AM
The duffy thing reminds me of gow last year. Not really seeing enough to make any kind of judgment. Calderwood is making a point if having a look at everyone so hopefully duffy will get a couple of games to show what he can do.

I suspect though that the fact he is getting little opportunity and strikers are being brought in suggests cc doesn't fancy him.

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-03-2011, 09:07 AM
The comparison with Gow is a fair one IMO and Duffy is here because he has done a turn for Hughes in the past. Difficult though because in all honesty, you don't get many 20 a season forwards that are not getting a game. Not any that we can afford that is. Our set up, up front is hanging on what Riordan decides to do.

Stevie Reid
08-03-2011, 09:45 AM
Would like to see him given a couple of games up front with Sodje at some point before the end of the season.