PDA

View Full Version : Boo Boys Target

Dashing Bob S
06-03-2011, 04:37 AM
It's a tough time for the boo-boys, Hogg gone, Rankin and Nish featuring only marginally and everybody putting in decent shift.

Who do we/they have a go at now?

.Sean.
06-03-2011, 04:44 AM
Boy beside me didn't like Thornhill or Wothespoon. The guy analised the full game. Alan Hansen, eat yer heart out!

cocopops1875
06-03-2011, 05:41 AM
Haha boy used to sit behind us in the east seemed to have an issue with center mids started with Stewart then kerr then rankin now he did have some valid points but god could he moan greet and drbble his way through a match

Iain G
06-03-2011, 05:43 AM
It's a tough time for the boo-boys, Hogg gone, Rankin and Nish featuring only marginally and everybody putting in decent shift.

From what I can tell from here, the list seems to forming along these line:

Thornhill
Smith
Murray

Dirkster23
06-03-2011, 07:09 AM

Thornhill, only played 3/4 games but already getting it tight from a few :rolleyes:

marinello59
06-03-2011, 07:16 AM

Ourselves.
Singing section - Not Hibs class. The least I expect is a few light librettos. Some of them were even smiling yesterday. At the fitba. WTF?
West Standers - We provide free care for the elderly in this country yet these people can still afford to go to the fitba. Haven't they got homes to go to. The ones we pay for.
East Standers - The majority in there are young adults with no family ties stopping them from living carefree lives. I hate them for that alone.
Famous Fivers - rename it the Brian Kerr Stand. A lot of unseen support being done in there.
The boring git sat in my seat every home game. - Self hatred, loathing in its purest form. I love to wallow in it.

Hibby D
06-03-2011, 07:26 AM
Ourselves.
Singing section - Not Hibs class. The least I expect is a few light librettos. Some of them were even smiling yesterday. At the fitba. WTF?
West Standers - We provide free care for the elderly in this country yet these people can still afford to go to the fitba. Haven't they got homes to go to. The ones we pay for.
East Standers - The majority in there are young adults with no family ties stopping them from living carefree lives. I hate them for that alone.
Famous Fivers - rename it the Brian Kerr Stand. A lot of unseen support being done in there.
The boring git sat in my seat every home game. - Self hatred, loathing in its purest form. I love to wallow in it.

:greengrin

Hibercelona
06-03-2011, 08:46 AM
I didn't like the look of that Ricardo Vaz Tê. :bitchy:

Terrible terrible style. :wink:

jonny
06-03-2011, 09:06 AM
Guy next to me was absolutely slating Towell. Several times he suggested that perhaps he'd be better off back in Celtics reserves - in slightly different words of course. :rolleyes:

lucky
06-03-2011, 09:12 AM
Boo boys are cheering like the rest of us. But Murray and Thornhill look to be the candidates due to being the poorest players in the team at the moment but don't forget Smith. There were lots on here having fits that he could have been in goals yesterday.

Bostonhibby
06-03-2011, 09:15 AM
How about the opposition? especially recently there is so much to loath and mock out there.
Celtic generally,

The Hun - too many to choose from but Theres the boss in waiting, what a fine example, Laugherty, the icing on the cake the vile El Half Dross.

I think the throwback at Hamilton who assaulted Stack, McLaughlin should surely be enough to distract us from booing our own when we play them.

Take your pick from the Yammish but Ian Black is a favourite of mine.......

Maybe this is the cue for a name your most loathed opposition player

Pretty Boy
06-03-2011, 09:15 AM
Guy next to me was absolutely slating Towell. Several times he suggested that perhaps he'd be better off back in Celtics reserves - in slightly different words of course. :rolleyes:

I had an absolute trumpet sitting behind me yesterday who suggested Towell was a 'fenian ****' several times.

He then had the cheek to threaten to report me to a steward or Police when i told him he was out of order and to shut it. Total and utter muppet.

jonny
06-03-2011, 09:43 AM
I had an absolute trumpet sitting behind me yesterday who suggested Towell was a 'fenian ****' several times.

He then had the cheek to threaten to report me to a steward or Police when i told him he was out of order and to shut it. Total and utter muppet.

Perhaps it was the same guy! I think most people are quite pleased with what the young lad has offered since coming here and that was the first time I'd heard such an onslaught of abuse toward him.
Personally I like Towell, energetic and like to get forward. He still has a lot to learn and seems to be a wee bit prone to the odd gaff but as he matures that'll probably come out of his game. I'd like to see him sign permanently.

Baldy Foghorn
06-03-2011, 10:00 AM
As Nish was warming up during game, some boy behind me shouted "Nish your pish, and Nish your *******"..... Very constructive stuff, especially as he was only out stretching.... Some of our support are total trumpets

Removed
06-03-2011, 10:05 AM
As Nish was warming up during game, some boy behind me shouted "Nish your pish, and Nish your *******"..... Very constructive stuff, especially as he was only out stretching.... Some of our support are total trumpets

:agree: I often wonder why a lot of folk actually go to the football never mind travel to away games.

truehibernian
06-03-2011, 10:06 AM

That happened at ER recently too baldy.......simply no need for it and you just wonder if they are genuine supporters when they do that.

I try and keep my criticism for the forum and not shout it at the game, but I have to say that the last couple of games I have seen him Matt Thronhill does still let games pass him by a little. He is a player with skill, no doubt, but either the pace of the game has genuinely caught him out, or he has to try and cut out the ball watching. Saying that, the midfield yesterday wanted the ball to bounce, wanted too many touches, and generally too much time to play. Saints bullied them from start to finish.

Just hoping after a few games under his belt Thornhill gets really match fit and slots in to the side well.

TornadoHibby
06-03-2011, 10:24 AM
:agree: I often wonder why a lot of folk actually go to the football never mind travel to away games.

From my normal seat of "comfort" in the West Lower, it's really not till you get to away matches that you begin to find that question filling your thoughts as you listen to sometimes intolerable comments from some "Hibs supporters" who clearly don't see things the way most Hibs fans do! :agree: :confused:

truehibernian
06-03-2011, 10:32 AM
On a far more positive note though, how good are young Paul Hanlon and Francis Dickoh looking under CC, particularly Hanlon.

I thought he was going backwards in Hughes' side but delighted to be proved wrong. He has been simply superb this last wee while. Really growing into the centre half berth. Still developing physically too, so it's looking good on that front. :agree:

WindyMiller
06-03-2011, 10:36 AM
On a far more positive note though, how good are young Paul Hanlon and Francis Dickoh looking under CC, particularly Hanlon.

I thought he was going backwards in Hughes' side but delighted to be proved wrong. He has been simply superb this last wee while. Really growing into the centre half berth. Still developing physically too, so it's looking good on that front. :agree:

My only problem with these 2 yesterday was there distribution. The whole team treated the ball like a live grenade.

Kaiser1962
06-03-2011, 10:38 AM

I used to prefer the away games as i felt the support was far less critical and much more "supportive". I noticed too that thats changed quite a bit recently.

truehibernian
06-03-2011, 10:44 AM
My only problem with these 2 yesterday was there distribution. The whole team treated the ball like a live grenade.

First half especially windy, totally agree.

I think the surface was shocking, highlighted second half when we were on a good break and Booth, a player who can control a ball in an instant, saw the ball bobble over his foot.

I think first half we were too keen to launch it up to Akpo and when he wasn't winning his headers, we were under instant pressure because our midfield was second to the loose balls.

We picked up second half though and I thought CC's subs made the difference. Vaz Te added pace and trickery, Stevenson got stuck in, and Duffy was a wee menace for their centre halves.

CraigK
06-03-2011, 12:06 PM
A guy who sits behind me in the East likes to have pop at "Witherspoon" at almost every game!

Sammy7nil
06-03-2011, 12:18 PM

I think we should all Boo Dashing Bob :wink:

Dashing Bob S
06-03-2011, 12:24 PM

Hey! I get enough of that at home. Come round and abuse my Yam next door neighbour instead - always good sport.

nonshinyfinish
06-03-2011, 12:25 PM

Come on now, he may not be the most naturally gifted poster, but he gives it a right good go.

:singing: He's one of our own
He's one of our oooowwwn
Dashing Bob S
He's one of our own

BEEJ
06-03-2011, 12:30 PM
Yet he was a strong contender for our MoM on Tuesday evening, setting up the first goal. :rolleyes:

Lago
06-03-2011, 12:38 PM
A guy who sits behind me in the East likes to have pop at "Witherspoon" at almost every game!
Bet he couldn't beat the gormlass family of 5 that sat behind me in the F.F. when I had season ticket there. It was like something out of 'chewing the fat' they always had a go at certain players usually when they were warming up behind the goal during the match.

WindyMiller
06-03-2011, 01:00 PM
First half especially windy, totally agree.

I think the surface was shocking, highlighted second half when we were on a good break and Booth, a player who can control a ball in an instant, saw the ball bobble over his foot.

I think first half we were too keen to launch it up to Akpo and when he wasn't winning his headers, we were under instant pressure because our midfield was second to the loose balls.

We picked up second half though and I thought CC's subs made the difference. Vaz Te added pace and trickery, Stevenson got stuck in, and Duffy was a wee menace for their centre halves.

The lad's had a difficult spell with injury, but CC talks highly of him, he certainly played pretty well yesterday.

Gatecrasher
06-03-2011, 01:03 PM
from what i can see Riordan and the signing section seem to be the trendy ones to have a pop at just now

cam75
06-03-2011, 01:36 PM
The pie stand at ER

maturehibby
06-03-2011, 03:03 PM
In the lower west it is Liam Miller who gets it tight and when he gets on Lewis Stevenson

Hibby D
06-03-2011, 03:05 PM
Actually now that I think of it, RP hasn't been receiving nearly enough vitriol since we went on our 6 game unbeaten run.

Something is amiss :hmmm:

--------
06-03-2011, 03:13 PM
Come on now, he may not be the most naturally gifted poster, but he gives it a right good go.

:singing: He's one of our own
He's one of our oooowwwn
Dashing Bob S
He's one of our own

Naw - he's slowing up, he lets the threads just pass him by, and more and more these days his syntax lets him down badly.

He used to be able to control a metaphor with his first touch - bring it down, get it under control and send it off down the thread with pinpoint accuracy. Now far too many of his figures of speech go right out of play.

And his adverbial clauses - and parentheses - have deteriorated dreadfully.

Keith_M
06-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Naw - he's slowing up, he lets the threads just pass him by, and more and more these days his syntax lets him down badly.

He used to be able to control a metaphor with his first touch - bring it down, get it under control and send it off down the thread with pinpoint accuracy. Now far too many of his figures of speech go right out of play.

And his adverbial clauses - and parentheses - have deteriorated dreadfully.

Could somebody please translate that, so Ah know what he's oan aboot.

nonshinyfinish
06-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Could somebody please translate that, so Ah know what he's oan aboot.

He said DBS is pish. :greengrin

Keith_M
06-03-2011, 06:09 PM

Thanks

:thumbsup:

Albion Hibs
06-03-2011, 06:16 PM
The tool sitting a few rows behind me seemed to be content enough to have a go at Nish while he was warming up - in fairness the guy struggled to string a sentence together, but none the less, some quality supporting.

When Nish finished his warm up, interestingly he went on to general complaining, about this that and the next thing. Perhaps that is the default position.

I'm_cabbaged
06-03-2011, 06:22 PM

Same boy that a young laddie pulled him up for it?

Bostonhibby
06-03-2011, 06:34 PM

Ach but tae be fair its some of the worst warming up and stretching I have ever seen in a Hibs jersey, just not Hibs class warming up,we should get intae him as soon as it starts:wink: I'm wi you mate...................

CRAZYHIBBY
06-03-2011, 06:41 PM
Im going to go for ritchie towell after his own goal cost us our 6th win on the trot and the goal he gave to rangers...in fact i feel so strongly about it that i wont even put capital letters in his name

--------
06-03-2011, 09:54 PM

No - I said the old chap's slowing up and isn't quite the star player he used to be....

Perhaps it's time for him to move into management.

Dashing Bob for Admin, anyone? :not worth

Dashing Bob S
06-03-2011, 11:43 PM
No - I said the old chap's slowing up and isn't quite the star player he used to be....

Perhaps it's time for him to move into management.

Dashing Bob for Admin, anyone? :not worth

I freely admit to all the charges leveled against me Doddie. A combination of age and the iphone, with its accursed predictive text.

Baldy Foghorn
07-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Same boy that a young laddie pulled him up for it?

Aye young boy with red top on pulled him up for it....

Baldy Foghorn
07-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Ach but tae be fair its some of the worst warming up and stretching I have ever seen in a Hibs jersey, just not Hibs class warming up,we should get intae him as soon as it starts:wink: I'm wi you mate...................

Yes the green goddess could have given the big man a few tips in her heyday....:greengrin