PDA

View Full Version : Is Calumn Booth the new John Brownlie?

whiskyhibby
05-03-2011, 10:27 PM
Having seen both in the flesh, I would say not quite but almost...........

:flag::flag:

James70
05-03-2011, 11:28 PM
Hope not.......

Wouldn't want to see his career blighted by injury the way that JB's was.
Anyway I don't believe in calling talented youngsters the "new" anyone as it just puts undue pressure on them and detracts from their own individuality.

Marinello was the Scottish George Best for instance which never did him much good.

lapsedhibee
06-03-2011, 06:27 AM
Marinello was the Scottish George Best for instance which never did him much good.

Ryan Giggs was also the 'new George Best', which he objected to.

So that's a Scottish George Best and a Welsh George Best. I wonder if there was an Irish George Best? :hmmm:

Bunter
06-03-2011, 06:42 AM
No, nowhere near. He looks to be an excellent prospect, but at the moment there's a long, long way to go before we should even think of him in those terms.

Russ
06-03-2011, 07:39 AM
Having seen both in the flesh, I would say not quite but almost...........

:flag::flag:

Brownlie was a right back:confused:

lucky
06-03-2011, 08:34 AM
CB is just starting his career. Last season it was wotherspoon who everyone was raving about. Let's give him a chance to develope before we declare him.the next anything.

Hibercelona
06-03-2011, 08:41 AM
Hope not.......

Wouldn't want to see his career blighted by injury the way that JB's was.
Anyway I don't believe in calling talented youngsters the "new" anyone as it just puts undue pressure on them and detracts from their own individuality.

:top marks

Booth is Booth, who happens to be a very talented young player. Lets keep it that way. :agree: