PDA

View Full Version : Edwin De Graaf

NorthfieldHibee
05-03-2011, 10:26 PM
Scored a penalty for Excelsior today in the last minute. Not that it did much good mind, seeing as they lost 3-2

Wotherspiniesta
05-03-2011, 10:30 PM
Who?

NorthfieldHibee
05-03-2011, 10:41 PM
Who?

:wink:

Wotherspiniesta
05-03-2011, 10:49 PM
:wink:

:greengrin

Seriously though. Good to see him getting on the scoresheet but this guy was a MASSIVE let down for us. We've moved on since he went on loan and he'll probably never kick another ball for us.

Cheers for the goals in the Europa League Edwin but you're not Hibs class :wink:

IWasThere2016
06-03-2011, 05:26 AM

Seriously though. Good to see him getting on the scoresheet but this guy was a MASSIVE let down for us. We've moved on since he went on loan and he'll probably never kick another ball for us.

Cheers for the goals in the Europa League Edwin but you're not Hibs class :wink:

Was defo more class A than Hibs class .. As was the clown who signed him via a DVD :faf:

matty_f
06-03-2011, 06:51 AM
Was defo more class A than Hibs class .. As was the clown who signed him via a DVD :faf:

Have you got any evidence on that pish statement? The only reason I'm asking is that there was a photo of De Graaf getting shown around ER long before the signing was announced, which suggests the signing was on the radar for a good while before it was official.

Yogi was also in Holland several times to watch him.

We all know Yogi's time was pish, but is there really any need to constantly have digs at a guy who did his best for Hibs as both a player and a manager?

Part/Time Supporter
06-03-2011, 07:37 AM
Have you got any evidence on that pish statement? The only reason I'm asking is that there was a photo of De Graaf getting shown around ER long before the signing was announced, which suggests the signing was on the radar for a good while before it was official.

We all know Yogi's time was pish, but is there really any need to constantly have digs at a guy who did his best for Hibs as both a player and a manager?

de Graaf was at the 6-6 game, which was over a month before he signed.

de Graaf says he watched the 6-6 (http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3015922/I-watched-as-Hibees-let-in-6-and-knew-this-was-the-team-for-me.html)

signed 15 June (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8742451.stm)

matty_f
06-03-2011, 08:14 AM
de Graaf was at the 6-6 game, which was over a month before he signed.

de Graaf says he watched the 6-6 (http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3015922/I-watched-as-Hibees-let-in-6-and-knew-this-was-the-team-for-me.html)

signed 15 June (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8742451.stm)

Must have been an awfully long dvd. :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
06-03-2011, 09:52 AM
Vaz Te given number 8 jersey, does that mean de Graff wont be back?:confused:

scoopyboy
06-03-2011, 10:02 AM
Vaz Te given number 8 jersey, does that mean de Graff wont be back?:confused:

It means he won't be back this season but we knew that anyway.

Next season will be a whole new ball game when new numbers will be issued.

Baldy Foghorn
06-03-2011, 10:04 AM
It means he won't be back this season but we knew that anyway.

Next season will be a whole new ball game when new numbers will be issued.

Don't see why they have to change squad numbers each season Jock, surely they should just keep same numbers throughout their tenure at the Club

scoopyboy
06-03-2011, 10:49 AM
Don't see why they have to change squad numbers each season Jock, surely they should just keep same numbers throughout their tenure at the Club

I wouldn't be against that.

I suppose it happens to an extent at the moment, Liam Miller kept 33 as an example.

BEEJ
06-03-2011, 12:45 PM
Did anyone see the recent (lengthy) interview with Edwin in a Dutch football magazine (Voetbal International) following his move to Excelsior?

Reflected on his brief time at Hibs but finished off by thinking ahead to the opportunity to return next season and prove himself.

It was quite interesting.

blackpoolhibs
06-03-2011, 12:54 PM
Did anyone see the recent (lengthy) interview with Edwin in a Dutch football magazine (Voetbal International) following his move to Excelsior?

Reflected on his brief time at Hibs but finished off by thinking ahead to the opportunity to return next season and prove himself.

It was quite frightening.

I have amended that for you. :wink:

BEEJ
06-03-2011, 01:01 PM
I have amended that for you. :wink:

Yeah, the last paragraph was certainly in the 'terrifying' classification.

His future is yet uncertain. After this season his loan at Excelsior ends and he still has a one-year contract at Hibernian. “I have come to an agreement with the manager and chairman over there that we will see next in the summer. There are some contracts coming to an end over there so that might be an opportunity for me. Hopefully next season I get the chance to show it after all. I was the big new signing and I was not able to match the expectations. But I am not giving up yet. The people of Hibs have said they are going to keep track of me while playing for Excelsior. For me it is especially important that I score some goals. Because that’s how you get judged in Scotland, they have a very quantitative approach of football. Who scores does well. And after that we will see. I’ll expect to find myself back at a higher plane eventually. I am not a player for the top, but I can get along just below the top of the Eredivisie. Easily.”

(Should have stated that this article (dated 9th February) was first brought to light by a guy on the Bounce.)

IWasThere2016
06-03-2011, 01:34 PM

Matty - signing on the DVD was bad enough! Watching the useless booger "several times" and STILL signing him is even more alarming :faf:

Ed de Donkey is NEVER a player.

matty_f
06-03-2011, 01:47 PM
Matty - signing on the DVD was bad enough! Watching the useless booger "several times" and STILL signing him is even more alarming :faf:

As his career in the game will testify, eh?

IWasThere2016
06-03-2011, 01:58 PM
As his career in the game will testify, eh?

IMHO yup - he's mince total and utter.

iwasthere1972
06-03-2011, 03:15 PM

Not very good mince either. Think Yogi just saw it on the Tesco site when he was doing his online shopping and didn't get around to seeing it first hand in his local supermarket.

Ritchie
06-03-2011, 04:15 PM

Ridiculous statement

marinello59
06-03-2011, 04:18 PM

Why do you think he has managed to make a living out of football for so long? Or did he suddenly become a bad player when he came to us?

IWasThere2016
06-03-2011, 04:19 PM
Ridiculous statement

In your opinion :wink:

IWasThere2016
06-03-2011, 04:22 PM
Why do you think he has managed to make a living out of football for so long? Or did he suddenly become a bad player when he came to us?

Nae idea - he was mince for Hibs and that's what matters to me. HTF did Colin Murdock and John Rankin ever get to be on ManU's books - because the game is about opinions, and in mine Ed De Graaf is mince.

Ritchie
06-03-2011, 04:26 PM
In your opinion :wink:

:agree:

You are being a bit harsh though do you not think.

It just never worked out for him at hibs unfortunately.

IWasThere2016
06-03-2011, 04:32 PM
:agree:

You are being a bit harsh though do you not think.

It just never worked out for him at hibs unfortunately.

Aye possibly - if it worked out for every signing we'd be doing alright :aok:

jdships
06-03-2011, 04:32 PM
Ridiculous statement

Careful Ritchie - opinions like that are not welcomed by a number of posters on here
:wink::greengrin:devil:

matty_f
06-03-2011, 04:56 PM

But you'll take back the ' signed by dvd nonsense' though, which was my point?

BEEJ
06-03-2011, 05:19 PM
De Graaf suffered a long-term ankle injury in 2007/08. Made very few appearances that season.

My theory would be that since then he's been a shadow of the player he was before.

Phil D. Rolls
06-03-2011, 05:51 PM

As I've said before, how would you feel about a rookie surgeon that messed up an operation on your testicles? Especially one that insists he did a good job.

IWasThere2016
06-03-2011, 06:11 PM
But you'll take back the ' signed by dvd nonsense' though, which was my point?

Seriously, I thought Yogi himself said this. Which I conclude it means it is highly likely to be utter pish :greengrin

IWasThere2016
06-03-2011, 06:13 PM
As I've said before, how would you feel about a rookie surgeon that messed up an operation on your testicles? Especially one that insists he did a good job.

:faf:

Removed
06-03-2011, 06:15 PM

Matty will be worried now :greengrin

matty_f
06-03-2011, 06:16 PM
Matty will be worried now :greengrin

Not in the slightest!

bawheid
06-03-2011, 06:17 PM
Seriously, I thought Yogi himself said this. Which I conclude it means it is highly likely to be utter pish :greengrin

I'd actually pay to watch a pish-talking contest between you and Yogi. It'd be a close call, I reckon.

Removed
06-03-2011, 06:18 PM
I'd actually pay to watch a pish-talking contest between you and Yogi. It'd be a close call, I reckon.

:faf:

IWasThere2016
06-03-2011, 06:24 PM

We'd been contenders for the final bout v you. I reckon your crown is very safe :wink:

So you rate De Graaf?

bawheid
06-03-2011, 06:28 PM
We'd been contenders for the final bout v you. I reckon your crown is very safe :wink:

So you rate De Graaf?

He didn't cut it in his first six months at Hibs. Whether that was due to injury, Yogi, whatever...it wasn't happening for him.

I think there's a player in there though...or at least there was, given his career in Holland.

If it makes you feel better though, keep using it as a stick to beat - as Matty correctly says - a man who gave 100% to Hibs as a player and manager. :aok:

CRAZYHIBBY
06-03-2011, 06:37 PM
lets face it, he may have been an alright player once but he is absolute pish now and certainly should never have been signed.

IWasThere2016
06-03-2011, 06:40 PM
He didn't cut it in his first six months at Hibs. Whether that was due to injury, Yogi, whatever...it wasn't happening for him.

I think there's a player in there though...or at least there was, given his career in Holland.

If it makes you feel better though, keep using it as a stick to beat - as Matty correctly says - a man who gave 100% to Hibs as a player and manager. :aok:

I'm not sure giving 100% is enough but hey ho.

The Voice Of Reason
06-03-2011, 07:56 PM
I have posted this before, but once again, I was told by an ex-player of Yogi's and a now coach at a first division club that Yogi never saw De Graaf play in the flesh before signing him.

Also, anyone who actually saw De Graaf play for Hibs can only agree surely with CC's judgement (that De Graaf is simply not good enough). I am sorry, but if you saw him play for us and think he remotely resembles a player than you must either be :-

1. Clueless
2. At the wind up
3. Stevie Wonder
4. David Blunkett

We are well rid of the overpaid goon.

Harsh but fair. :agree:

--------
06-03-2011, 08:03 PM
I'm not sure giving 100% is enough but hey ho.

You could play me at centre-forward, and I could guarantee to give you 100%.

But I wouldn't score any goals. I wouldn't even see the ball. I'd be blowing like a dying whale after about 20 seconds.

100% of nothing at all is still nothing at all.

The Voice Of Reason
06-03-2011, 08:04 PM

But I wouldn't score any goals. I wouldn't even see the ball. I'd be blowing like a dying whale after about 20 seconds.

:agree: :top marks

Winston Ingram
06-03-2011, 08:13 PM
The only thing I would say is he was picked up by a top division club in Holland when we made him available so his rep there must be good.

However what I saw of him he was ****in murder. :agree:

iwasthere1972
06-03-2011, 08:18 PM

:top marks

I regularly check this website http://www.channel4.com/programmes/faking-it/episode-guide fully expecting Edwin's face to be on it.

I'll let you know when "Dutch Binman to Footballer" is being screened as soon as it's advertised.

Hibby Bairn
06-03-2011, 08:30 PM
I put De Graaf in the same category as McBride, Hart, Grounds, Nish, Rankin, Thicot and Hogg. And I'm glad that CC has identified this category as 'not good enough'. Galbraith has also dropped out of the picture. He is probably in the 'flatters to deceive' category or 'looks devastating when coming on with 15 mins to go'.

As an aside I see Mowbray is playing Grounds now. No wonder they got horsed yesterday.

jdships
06-03-2011, 08:36 PM
I put De Graaf in the same category as McBride, Hart, Grounds, Nish, Rankin, Thicot and Hogg. And I'm glad that CC has identified this category as 'not good enough'. Galbraith has also dropped out of the picture. He is probably in the 'flatters to deceive' category or 'looks devastating when coming on with 15 mins to go'.

As an aside I see Mowbray is playing Grounds now. No wonder they got horsed yesterday.

In case you missed it
" The 20-year-old former Manchester United youth forward has signed a deal that ties him to the Easter Road club until the summer of 2013 "
He is injured at present by the way .

:flag:

truehibernian
06-03-2011, 08:38 PM
I have posted this before, but once again, I was told by an ex-player of Yogi's and a now coach at a first division club that Yogi never saw De Graaf play in the flesh before signing him.

Also, anyone who actually saw De Graaf play for Hibs can only agree surely with CC's judgement (that De Graaf is simply not good enough). I am sorry, but if you saw him play for us and think he remotely resembles a player than you must either be :-

1. Clueless
2. At the wind up
3. Stevie Wonder
4. David Blunkett

We are well rid of the overpaid goon.

Harsh but fair. :agree:

Would that be a certain red haired coach from a team in Central Scotland ?

Phil D. Rolls
07-03-2011, 05:38 PM
The only thing I would say is he was picked up by a top division club in Holland when we made him available so his rep there must be good.

However what I saw of him he was ****in murder. :agree:

Excelsior are only periodic visitors to the top league, and are a feeder club for Feyenoord. Their status is a bit similar to the likes of Raith Rovers or Hamilton Accies.

Speedway
08-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Next season is looking exciting and with midfield maestro EDG still to come back, we'll regain a midfield powerhouse to turn the clogs in midfield.

MWHIBBIES
08-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Next season is looking exciting and with midfield maestro EDG still to come back, we'll regain a midfield powerhouse to turn the clogs in midfield.
Don't forget his Ivan like pace that is badly needed.:wink:

Borderhibbie76
09-03-2011, 10:38 AM
Let's set up a whip-round to help Excelsior buy him in the summer...:thumbsup:

Franck is God
09-03-2011, 11:46 AM
Whether any Hibs fan rates him or not he will be back at ER in the summer unless he agrees to terminate his contract or another club signs him.

The first few games I saw him play I though he looked pretty decent, got into good scoring positions and looked comfortable on the ball then he had a few absolute disasters in front of goal which clearly shattered his confidence and everything positive that he had done in his first half dozen games disappeared.

Maybe a good pre-season with CC and the 'new' squad will give us the player that has spent his whole career playing at a higher level than Hibs are at, given the clubs he has played for I refuse to believe he isn't capable of a lot better.

allezsauzee
09-03-2011, 11:51 AM
Let's set up a whip-round to help Excelsior buy him in the summer...:thumbsup:

Buy???? I think it will be beyond even Rodders negotiation skills to get us some cash for De Graaf

--------
09-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Buy???? I think it will be beyond even Rodders negotiation skills to get us some cash for De Graaf

Rod could sell rosaries to the Huns. And Orange sashes to the Vatican. :not worth

essexhibee
09-03-2011, 03:52 PM
There must be a player in there? Surely?! :confused:

You never know come next season after a pre-season and with better players around him he may just be a decent player for us.

And to think he was being labelled when the rumour came out as the "Dutch Frank Sauzee" :devil: FAIL.

lucky
09-03-2011, 04:30 PM
He is murder full stop.