PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think McInnes has sour grapes

KiddA
05-03-2011, 10:33 PM
he quotes "better team from start to finish" :confused:

We scored there goal plus the pitch was a cabbage field.

Vaz Te would have scored if it was not so muddy :agree:

He was also pissing and moaning about our goal. Where was the hand ball in the build up:confused:

Anyway get it right up ya McInnes :na na:

Glory glory :flag:

Removed
05-03-2011, 10:36 PM

He was also pissing and moaning about our goal. Where was the hand ball in the build up:confused:

Not start to finish but big chunks of the game. Just typical soundbites from a manager whose team didn't do enough to win the game. Making excuses for himself imo.

KiddA
05-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Not start to finish but big chunks of the game.

Yeah I seen that but if you don't score you don't win. They looked like the better team on the highlights but not from start to finish Hibs were not that bad.

Removed
05-03-2011, 10:39 PM
Yeah I seen that but if you don't score you don't win. They looked like the better team on the highlights but not from start to finish Hibs were not that bad.

Is that not what I said :confused:

KiddA
05-03-2011, 10:41 PM
Is that not what I said :confused:

Yep just quoting what McInnes said I just thought is was unfair

AFKA5814_Hibs
05-03-2011, 10:42 PM
We'll stuff them at ER after the split.

erin go bragh
05-03-2011, 11:00 PM
We'll stuff them at ER after the split.
cant see them making the top six :greengrin
ggtth

18/03/07
05-03-2011, 11:01 PM
For what my opinions worth,we were terrible 1st half,st johnstone should have been in front if it was not for poor finishing,2nd half we were a bit better,but i was happy going home with a point after the way we played

Removed
05-03-2011, 11:03 PM
For what my opinions worth,we were terrible 1st half,st johnstone should have been in front if it was not for poor finishing,2nd half we were a bit better,but i was happy going home with a point after the way we played

Doubt many who were there will disagree

TornadoHibby
06-03-2011, 10:39 AM

It's true that they did win more than their share of second balls and headers in the midfiled area but EVERY move forward from them was a high ball into our penalty area clearly hoping for mistakes form our defenders providing them with scoring opportunities! :agree:

I wouldn't pay to watch that stuff week in week out! :rolleyes:

We need to be prepared to deal with this kind of game plan from the opposition as apart from hafl an hour in the second half I didn't really feel we dealt with it well! Having said that, they only had one shot on target IIRC (Samuel's shot from close range which Brown saved well!)! :agree:

Yes I appreciate the pitch was crap - we should do better at ER next time around! :wink:

aberhibsfc
06-03-2011, 10:41 AM
Given they are having one of their better seasons, ok not as good as the last 2 and we are having one of our worst seasons in history.

It'll be nice to see the natural order restored when next season kicks off.

jonny
06-03-2011, 10:45 AM
cant see them making the top six :greengrin
ggtth

Me either :top marks:thumbsup:

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-03-2011, 10:50 AM
Seems to be the norm that opposing managers like to have a dig at Hibs and some them are down right disrespectful, sour grapes all the way from him

Baldy Foghorn
06-03-2011, 10:55 AM

That was my view of the game also....Poor 1st half, with wave after wave of St Johnstone attacks.....Good point to gain from our perspective

Reaper
06-03-2011, 11:17 AM
From what I hear StJ's were the better team for most of the game but I'm sorry I've seen Hibs play plenty teams off the park numerous times over the years and get **** all (loads against the Yams) but that's football. Stinks badly of sour grapes to me but as i always say 'Once a Hun, always a Hun'

Sas_The_Hibby
06-03-2011, 11:50 AM
It's true that they did win more than their share of second balls and headers in the midfiled area but EVERY move forward from them was a high ball into our penalty area clearly hoping for mistakes form our defenders providing them with scoring opportunities! :agree:

I wouldn't pay to watch that stuff week in week out! :rolleyes:

We need to be prepared to deal with this kind of game plan from the opposition as apart from hafl an hour in the second half I didn't really feel we dealt with it well! Having said that, they only had one shot on target IIRC (Samuel's shot from close range which Brown saved well!)! :agree:

Yes I appreciate the pitch was crap - we should do better at ER next time around! :wink:

I wonder what on earth gave them THAT idea! :wink:

PeterboroHibee
06-03-2011, 12:28 PM
St Johnstone probably were the better team over the entire game, but they couldnt score a goal themselves! Think McInnes is just moaning for the sake of it. Its their fault for not taking their chances when they had them (and they had quite a few).

BEEJ
06-03-2011, 01:39 PM
Seems to be the norm that opposing managers like to have a dig at Hibs and some them are down right disrespectful, sour grapes all the way from him
:agree:

To listen to Billy Reid's reflections on Tuesday night's match you would think that Accies dominated us from start to finish.

Compare that to CC's post-match comments which usually give some credit to the opposing team. In fact sometimes CC goes over the score in expressing the "wee bit of luck" that we have had in securing a result.

Quite the opposite to most of his peers.

WindyMiller
06-03-2011, 06:25 PM

To listen to Billy Reid's reflections on Tuesday night's match you would think that Accies dominated us from start to finish.

Compare that to CC's post-match comments which usually give some credit to the opposing team. In fact sometimes CC goes over the score in expressing the "wee bit of luck" that we have had in securing a result.

Quite the opposite to most of his peers.

:agree::agree:

CC's comments about opposition teams are often too honest IMO. All the others (bar Walter) big-up their team's game.

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-03-2011, 06:38 PM
I've already posted this on the highlights thread, at what point does "the boy" handle the ball at the goal? :confused: also I hardly think any ref would apologise to any manager for making a wrong decision, his sour grapes at his team's inability to score a goal more than us is there for all to see and I've never heard a Hibernian manager talk this way, a rap on the knuckles from the SFA wouldn't go amiss here

Dinkydoo
06-03-2011, 06:47 PM
Seriously sour grapes :greengrin

and we even scored thier goal for them as well, talk about being ungreatful :rolleyes::wink:

HibbyAndy
06-03-2011, 06:49 PM
Guys a fud.

Him and super Sally McCoist speak the same shight week in week out.

scoopyboy
06-03-2011, 06:58 PM
Guys a fud.

Him and super Sally McCoist speak the same shight week in week out.

I agree, thing is after Mixu and Yogi departed I would have taken McInnes in a minute.

Not now though, think he is stagnating at SJ and is becoming a bigger plonker as each week goes by.

Jim44
06-03-2011, 06:59 PM
Anyone else think McInnes has sour grapes.

Yes and I hope they grow into painful piles. :greengrin

HibbyAndy
06-03-2011, 07:00 PM
I agree, thing is after Mixu and Yogi departed I would have taken McInnes in a minute.

Not now though, think he is stagnating at SJ and is becoming a bigger plonker as each week goes by.

Agree with all of that.

Saorsa
06-03-2011, 07:08 PM

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/sourgrapes.jpg

Albion Hibs
06-03-2011, 07:21 PM
Dont think they were the better team from start to finish, they humped the ball into the box a lot - perhaps thats what qualifies as "better" in his description of football. I dont think it takes a lot of skill to get the ball in from the half way line, in any event more often than not we dealt with it.

Also a bit worrying for them if they were better from start to finish yet they did not manage to score relying on some bad defending / an own goal.

On something that half looked like a football pitch I have no doubt we would have been the better team / taken all three points.

truehibernian
06-03-2011, 07:33 PM
Strangely enough the two managers of recent times who have been pretty accurate and complimentary of Hibs are Walter Smith and Jimmy Calderwood. Houston is always respectful towards us too regardless of win/lose/draw.

McInnes sounded like a man frustrated at his team's recent efforts to score goals. No doubting at all though that he has good tactical nous and is/will be a good manager.

Surely though the award of managerial trumpet of the year goes to Mark McGhee. He sees things in games that only he can see......it must be wonderful to live on the planet he is from. Cannot stand the man.

Bostonhibby
06-03-2011, 07:59 PM
It's perfectly possible but having listened to it, it's probably just that his pants are too tight, I do think he might be feeling the pressure a bit.

Dunbar Hibee
07-03-2011, 12:31 AM
IMO St J's were the better side, but not from start to finish. Draw was the fairest outcome.

blackpoolhibs
07-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Would anyone say we were a tad lucky to pick up a point on Saturday?

steakbake
07-03-2011, 04:51 PM
In response to the original question, has McInnes got sour grapes?

I would suggest that if he does, Preparation H in cream or suppository format should help with that particular pain the erchie.

Wotherspiniesta
07-03-2011, 06:27 PM
Yes. The Perth saints seem all to have sour grapes after Saturday. Enckleman eluding to this "clear handball" in the sun today. Well Peter, having watched the replay a number of times, I can assure you its nothing like a clear handball. Infact its not even a handball.

And then in the same article: "Wotherspoon earned a point despite Saints player protesting Darryl Duffy handled in the build-up."

So who was it? Duffy? Sodje? Casper?

And Dave Mackay also suffering from blurred vision (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/st_johnstone/9416268.stm).

Bitter because they threw away a lead. Plain and simple. Get it up them :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-03-2011, 06:36 PM
Guess that McInness has to blame someone. It would have been more honest if he had blamed his forward players, especially Colin Samuel who showed that he can't finish easy chances.