PDA

View Full Version : Brown!!!

Thomson
05-03-2011, 02:23 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/9413819.stm

Looks like brown is starting today. Good news. Better than smith starting again. :thumbsup:

Any thoughts?

davidw
05-03-2011, 02:27 PM
Praise Jesus!

Saorsa
05-03-2011, 02:29 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/9413819.stm

Looks like brown is starting today. Good news. Better than smith starting again. :thumbsup:

Any thoughts?Much prefer Brown tae Smith, any goalie can make mistakes but Smith is on a par with Zibi Malclownshoes.

hibsbollah
05-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Our best keeper. Good news

Thomson
05-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Praise Jesus!

I'd like to praise calderwood for this one. But you never know, may even be his right hand man. :na na:

Hibee_Lisa
05-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Much prefer Brown tae Smith, any goalie can make mistakes but Smith is on a par with Zibi Malclownshoes.

Don't think I will ever be able to get my head around that 6-6 game :boo hoo:

ScottB
05-03-2011, 03:39 PM
I'd like to praise calderwood for this one. But you never know, may even be his right hand man. :na na:

If you'd told me at the end of last year we'd be on a 5 run win streak I'd have expected divine involvement...

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Just back from the game.

It's tough with Brown, i think he is incapable of communication as he very rarely took part in conversation of any sort with his defence.
This led to a great deal of confusion at times.
His kicking is also around 50% accuracy which isn't great.
In his defence he made a top class save from Samuel and a few other no bad stops.

Smith, i think does communicate and i think this is important with such a young back four. What i cant work out is if Smith is still suffering from post Yogi traumatic stress and there could be a good keeper in there or he is just gash?!

I said a few days ago we'll miss Stack's organisation and encouragement more than anything so i might be inclined to back Smith and get his confidence back as he certainly looks more talkative.

Golden Bear
05-03-2011, 07:00 PM
Just back from the game.

It's tough with Brown, i think he is incapable of communication as he very rarely took part in conversation of any sort with his defence.
This led to a great deal of confusion at times.His kicking is also around 50% accuracy which isn't great.
In his defence he made a top class save from Samuel and a few other no bad stops.

Smith, i think does communicate and i think this is important with such a young back four. What i cant work out is if Smith is still suffering from post Yogi traumatic stress and there could be a good keeper in there or he is just gash?!

I said a few days ago we'll miss Stack's organisation and encouragement more than anything so i might be inclined to back Smith and get his confidence back as he certainly looks more talkative.

I'd have thought that this could be worked upon on the training pitch.

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-03-2011, 07:04 PM
Aye, to an extent.

If your a certain personality unfortunately thats not going to change.

Stack will encourage everyone around as is his personality.

Brown seems like he is a bit of an introvert, i sat behind the goals and he hardly opened his mouth.

Dashing Bob S
05-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Just back from the game.

No, you were right the second time. Bin him.

truehibernian
05-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Good save first half agreed, however shocking miss from Samuel if you were a Saints fan. Good take second half late on from a deep cross which relieved a bit of pressure. Far too many times Saints were able to pump balls into the box without Hibs players closing down the man.

His kicking however is simply awful and how a keeper cannot keep a dead ball kick in open play the majority of the time proves to me that none of our keepers are really worthy of keeping. Brown's kicking second half was just woeful. Still to see their goal, and I know that Towell made a hash of it, however it looked a hopeful hook back into the box which I would be expecting a commanding keeper to shout for and come and collect. Might be doing him an injustice there and will stand corrected if wrong.

For me I would be in the market for two solid keepers, and getting rid of Stack, Brown and Smith. Stack's injury record is terrible, the latest one coming at a terrible time as he was settled and playing well. But we need consistency and reliability. We don't have that with any of our goalies.

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-03-2011, 09:25 PM
am right in saying Divis warmed up with Smith today?

if so its my first time seeing him.

Removed
05-03-2011, 09:42 PM
am right in saying Divis warmed up with Smith today?

if so its my first time seeing him.

:agree:

ScottB
05-03-2011, 09:50 PM
Just back from the game.

I'd have thought it easier to teach Brown to shout more than Smith to be a better keeper...

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-03-2011, 10:15 PM
I'd have thought it easier to teach Brown to shout more than Smith to be a better keeper...

Maybe.......

Better teach him to remember what game he is playing as well because if CC doesn't he will be a stick on for stand off for Scotland next week.

He finds touch more than Dan Carter and Andy Robinson was spotted in the Ormond stand today!!!

ScottB
05-03-2011, 11:15 PM
Maybe.......

Better teach him to remember what game he is playing as well because if CC doesn't he will be a stick on for stand off for Scotland next week.

He finds touch more than Dan Carter and Andy Robinson was spotted in the Ormond stand today!!!

Surely his kicking issues could be fixed by having one of the defenders do it for him, I've seen teams do that before.

Removed
05-03-2011, 11:16 PM
Maybe.......

Surely his kicking issues could be fixed by having one of the defenders do it for him, I've seen teams do that before.

Can't remember any kicking issues today

Dunbar Hibee
06-03-2011, 02:17 AM
Same here mate.. thought Brown was excellent!

.Sean.
06-03-2011, 05:29 AM
Solid enough, tho Stacks my number 1 when fit for me like

.Sean.
06-03-2011, 05:41 AM
Good save first half agreed, however shocking miss from Samuel if you were a Saints fan. Good take second half late on from a deep cross which relieved a bit of pressure. Far too many times Saints were able to pump balls into the box without Hibs players closing down the man.

His kicking however is simply awful and how a keeper cannot keep a dead ball kick in open play the majority of the time proves to me that none of our keepers are really worthy of keeping. Brown's kicking second half was just woeful. Still to see their goal, and I know that Towell made a hash of it, however it looked a hopeful hook back into the box which I would be expecting a commanding keeper to shout for and come and collect. Might be doing him an injustice there and will stand corrected i wrong.

For me I would be in the market for two solid keepers, and getting rid of Stack, Brown and Smith. Stack's injury record is terrible, the latest one coming at a terrible tim as he was settled and playing well. But we need consistency and reliability. We don't have that wi any of our goalies.If that's how you feel mate, me may aswell punt Divis too. From what i've been told, he's unspectacular and no better than what we already have.

NorthNorfolkHFC
06-03-2011, 09:07 AM

He kicked the ball straight out the park 2/3 times. He's not dire, i just think that these 2/3 times are potential attacks we could have.

Enckleman did the same and almost gifted us a goal but its not Brown's kicking that is the pressing issue its that he is painfully quiet and not particularly commanding.

Barney McGrew
06-03-2011, 09:14 AM
He kicked the ball straight out the park 2/3 times. He's not dire, i just think that these 2/3 times are potential attacks we could have

Smith did the same thing about half a dozen times in a row on Tuesday night when he came on.

Most of Brown's kicks went exactly where he aimed them (at Sodje) so I didn't see it as a problem.

Pretty Boy
06-03-2011, 09:21 AM

The problem with this and the reason most teams don't do it unless the keeper is carrying an injury is that the defender who takes the kick is 30-40 yards behind the rest of the defence and if the ball is returned quickly he is playing everyone onside.

truehibernian
06-03-2011, 11:02 AM
If that's how you feel mate, me may aswell punt Divis too. From what i've been told, he's unspectacular and no better than what we already have.

I know it sounds harsh sean, however when you look at all three keepers there are issues which mean we are paying three very good salaries for keepers who have not made the gloves their own. Stack made me eat humble pie recently as he came in and played really well and looked solid. Out the three, I would be offering him a year purely down to his injury record (the latest being Hamilton thuggery I admit).

Brown doesn't inspire me if I am being honest due to his kicking, and Smith doesn't inspire the team it seems. They play with less confidence with him behind them.

It's a thankless position I admit, but one which Hibs need to sort out in the summer IMHO. We need a solid, consistent No 1 keeper.

BEEJ
06-03-2011, 01:54 PM
If that's how you feel mate, me may aswell punt Divis too. From what i've been told, he's unspectacular and no better than what we already have.
Who has this report come from, Sean? And in what context has your contact watched Divis - training or in a proper match?

Speedy
06-03-2011, 05:57 PM
Who has this report come from, Sean? And in what context has your contact watched Divis - training or in a proper match?

I don't know Sean and can't answer that with any certainty but I think it is fairly safe to assume where the info has came from.

Sean, apologies if I am assuming incorrectly. Please feel free to get the admins to delete this post if you are not happy with it.