PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Official match update - St Johnstone 1 v Hibs 1 [FT]

Pages : 1 [2]

Andy74
05-03-2011, 05:42 PM
Poor game, decent enough result. Palsson is better than that and needs to impose his game a lot more.

Large support though, well done on that front.

truehibernian
05-03-2011, 06:31 PM
Very poor game. Davidson bossed the midfield for them. Hanlon was our best player

Hanlon and Dickoh were both superb. Far too many off the pace today, midfield ball watching at times, waiting for the ball to bounce, not winning second balls and generally slow to react.

Riordan ineffective, Sodje tried hard but was too often the outball first half. Players treated the ball like a hot potato again and lacked composure. Vaz Te certainly made a difference and took men on, played higher up the pitch and had pace. McInnes made certain not to be bullied by putting big guys in midfield. Davidson was superb.......if we have money in the pot, he is surely worth a bid come summer. Ian Murray was always caught in two minds today and too often caught wrongside of his man.

Surface was absolutely atrocious and have to say that St Johnstone at least tried to pass the ball and retain possession.

Good point, terrible overall performance, Hibs crowd magnificent.

Oh.....and Matt Thornhill better realise soon he is playing in a high energy, all action league. He was far too often ball watching and jogging "Hoggy style" back into position. Get with the game Matt or you will start to get a lot of criticism.

Wotherspiniesta
05-03-2011, 06:39 PM
Murray captain? :confused:

Thought Hanlon has shown enough in the last few games to be given the role permanently.

Andy74
05-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Hanlon and Dickoh were both superb. Far too many off the pace today, midfield ball watching at times, waiting for the ball to bounce, not winning second balls and generally slow to react.

Riordan ineffective, Sodje tried hard but was too often the outball first half. Players treated the ball like a hot potato again and lacked composure. Vaz Te certainly made a difference and took men on, played higher up the pitch and had pace. McInnes made certain not to be bullied by putting big guys in midfield. Davidson was superb.......if we have money in the pot, he is surely worth a bid come summer. Ian Murray was always caught in two minds today and too often caught wrongside of his man.

Surface was absolutely atrocious and have to say that St Johnstone at least tried to pass the ball and retain possession.

Good point, terrible overall performance, Hibs crowd magnificent.

Oh.....and Matt Thornhill better realise soon he is playing in a high energy, all action league. He was far too often ball watching and jogging "Hoggy style" back into position. Get with the game Matt or you will start to get a lot of criticism.

Not sure yet what Thornhill offers.

Barney McGrew
05-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Not sure yet what Thornhill offers.

I thought he came more into the game as it went on, and was probably having his best spell just before he was subbed.

TRC
06-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Sorry if question has been asked already but how many fans were there yesterday?

Sir David Gray
06-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Sorry if question has been asked already but how many fans were there yesterday?

The attendance was around 4,400 and I think some of those who were there said that it was approximately a 50/50 split between Hibs and St Johnstone fans, so that would mean around 2,000 Hibs fans.

TRC
06-03-2011, 02:46 PM
The attendance was around 4,400 and I think some of those who were there said that it was approximately a 50/50 split between Hibs and St Johnstone fans, so that would mean around 2,000 Hibs fans.

Good work 2000 fans is a great number to take

Baldy Foghorn
07-03-2011, 02:01 PM
Good work 2000 fans is a great number to take

Is it? Its less than an hour up the road.....

--------
07-03-2011, 02:11 PM
Murray captain? :confused:

Thought Hanlon has shown enough in the last few games to be given the role permanently.

:agree: There's no reason I can think of against having a young captain - PH has done very well in IM's absence and I'd have been inclined to stick with him.

On another topic, Matt Thornhill needs games, I think. He isn't a Brian Kerr - that IMO was a completely unnecessary comment, even tongue-in-cheek. Of all the new guys, he's played the least - apart from Divis, who hasn't played at all, and Vaz Te, who's just arrived. We should give him a wee bit time, IMO.

Vaz Te looks rather useful from the brief highlights, even on a pitch that was at best marginally fit for football. (I'm being generous here.)

I would say that the rest of this season now is about consolidation and planning for next season - deciding who goes and who stays, and looking out targets to bring in in the summer.

Personally, I'm a LOT happier than I was 6 weeks ago, even after a draw against a team we should be looking to beat 9 times out of 10.

matty_f
07-03-2011, 05:58 PM
:agree: There's no reason I can think of against having a young captain - PH has done very well in IM's absence and I'd have been inclined to stick with him.

On another topic, Matt Thornhill needs games, I think. He isn't a Brian Kerr - that IMO was a completely unnecessary comment, even tongue-in-cheek. Of all the new guys, he's played the least - apart from Divis, who hasn't played at all, and Vaz Te, who's just arrived. We should give him a wee bit time, IMO.

Vaz Te looks rather useful from the brief highlights, even on a pitch that was at best marginally fit for football. (I'm being generous here.)

I would say that the rest of this season now is about consolidation and planning for next season - deciding who goes and who stays, and looking out targets to bring in in the summer.

Personally, I'm a LOT happier than I was 6 weeks ago, even after a draw against a team we should be looking to beat 9 times out of 10.

Agree about Thornhill, and although the highlights don't give a true reflection of a game, I thought Thornhill's contribution was decent.

hibs0666
07-03-2011, 06:04 PM

We normally beat them about 5 times out of 10. :wink: