PDA

View Full Version : Smith in goals today?

R'Albin
05-03-2011, 06:39 AM
Does anyone know who we are playing in goals today? I heard it was smith in goals:rolleyes:

bingo70
05-03-2011, 06:51 AM
Does anyone know who we are playing in goals today? I heard it was smith in goals:rolleyes:

I think that looks likely but TBH as much as i'm not his biggest fan he's still employed by us so there's no point spending the next few hours slating him and thinking the worst, we're as well dealing with it and hoping he has a good game.

Hopefully the fans at the game give him encouragement from the start so he isn't put under any more pressure than he needs to be.

marinello59
05-03-2011, 06:54 AM
Why do this on the day of a game? There has plenty of discussion about this all week.
I think it will be Smith in goals. C'mon Buzz, play a blinder today. :flag:

R'Albin
05-03-2011, 07:35 AM
I was just wondering. I think he needs a confidence boost, there is a good goalkeeper in there somewhere, when he first started he was outstanding, then for some peculiar reason yogi dropped him? But personally I would start brown.

hibsbollah
05-03-2011, 07:41 AM
Cmon Smith, 6 in a row please Hibs.

davcar
05-03-2011, 07:46 AM
I think that looks likely but TBH as much as i'm not his biggest fan he's still employed by us so there's no point spending the next few hours slating him and thinking the worst, we're as well dealing with it and hoping he has a good game.

Hopefully the fans at the game give him encouragement from the start so he isn't put under any more pressure than he needs to be.

Great shout :top marks
Lets cheer the XI who start and maybe we can achieve 6 wins in a row.
:flag::cgwa:flag::cgwa:flag:

PeterboroHibee
05-03-2011, 07:55 AM
Id rather he wasnt in goal, but if he is, we need to get behind him. Hopefully the defence are really up for it as well, theyll need to be!

greenlex
05-03-2011, 08:01 AM
0-0 draw with Smudger playing a blinder.

offshorehibby
05-03-2011, 08:40 AM
I think the fact he's been on the bench for recently point to the fact he's currently second choice keeper so i'd say he'll be in goals. interesting to see how'll be on the bench.

IFONLY
05-03-2011, 09:19 AM
Posts like this really irk me, someone asks who will be in goals today, as if anyone on this site actually knows. Why not just wait and see like most people. I would hazard a guess and say that themanagement and staff probbaly know.

scoopyboy
05-03-2011, 09:23 AM
Posts like this really irk me, someone asks who will be in goals today, as if anyone on this site actually knows. Why not just wait and see like most people. I would hazard a guess and say that themanagement and staff probbaly know.

Wrong.

There are people on this site who do know teams in advance but they have the sense not to broadcast it.

IFONLY
05-03-2011, 09:25 AM
Wrong.

There are people on this site who do know teams in advance but they have the sense not to broadcast it.

Sorry forgot we have members of the board and management on here, my arse

IFONLY
05-03-2011, 09:26 AM
Wrong.

and what would be the big deal about posting it, do they think the opposition will be spying on this site!!!!!

scoopyboy
05-03-2011, 09:27 AM
Sorry forgot we have members of the board and management on here, my arse

Wrong again. Hibs have staff who read this site on a regular basis.

IFONLY
05-03-2011, 09:29 AM
Wrong again. Hibs have staff who read this site on a regular basis.

not saying they dont I meant that if anyone would know the team they would.

scoopyboy
05-03-2011, 09:30 AM
and what would be the big deal about posting it, do they think the opposition will be spying on this site!!!!!

Yet again wrong.

Other managers have told Hibs managers after games they got the Hibs team off the web site. The managers were furious and the players got it in the neck for telling people the team in advance.

McLeish, Mixu and Hughes to name three.

IFONLY
05-03-2011, 09:30 AM
yet again wrong.

Other managers have told hibs managers after games they got the hibs team off the web site. The managers were furious and the players got it in the neck for telling people the team in advance.

Mcleish, mixu and hughes to name three.

aye right

scoopyboy
05-03-2011, 09:33 AM
aye right

Listen daftie, I don't post lies and what I have posted is 100% correct.

There are plenty of posters on this site can vouch for me and the accuracy of my information.

Not claiming I'm a hero but I don't post crap.

Gala Foxes
05-03-2011, 09:36 AM
if Smith is in we had better pray that they get no corners

EH6 Hibby
05-03-2011, 09:42 AM

Regardless of whether anyone knows the team, you're kind of missing the whole point of a football forum are you not? :confused:

iwasthere1972
05-03-2011, 09:43 AM
SSN info bar says that Divis could start in goal and Vaz Te may make debut.

:thumbsup:

IFONLY
05-03-2011, 09:44 AM

There are plenty of posters on this site can vouch for me and the accuracy of my information.

Less of the daftie, are you not capable of swapping posts on a subject without resorting to cheek. I forgot that there are a lot of posters"in the know", but to be perfectly honest it wouldnt be to difficult to post up a team for today, probably barring the goalkeeper position

Woody1985
05-03-2011, 09:45 AM

:agree:

Just ignore him scoopy.

Billy Whizz
05-03-2011, 09:45 AM
Have Hibs actually said anything about the extent of Stack's injury and how long he'll be out for?

scoopyboy
05-03-2011, 09:47 AM
SSN info bar says that Divis could start in goal and Vaz Te may make debut.

They're not giving much away though by saying could.

My tuppenceworth is Divis will not be in goals today, I would be amazed if he was.

Have had conflicting stories regarding Smith and Brown though.

Have no idea about Vaz Te.

scoopyboy
05-03-2011, 09:49 AM
Have Hibs actually said anything about the extent of Stack's injury and how long he'll be out for?

He won't play again this season is my info.

Ligament detached from bone in shoulder but can't be confirmed until swelling goes down.

Hibs7
05-03-2011, 09:49 AM
They're not giving much away though by saying could.

My tuppenceworth is Divis will not be in goals today, I would be amazed if he was.

Have had conflicting stories regarding Smith and Brown though.

Have no idea about Vaz Te.

Think you are right about Divis, heard he was ill and isn't 100% yet.

ozzie
05-03-2011, 09:50 AM
sorry IFONLY but scoopboy knows more than most and his posts always turn out to be 100% accurate.

Hibs7
05-03-2011, 09:50 AM
he won't play again this season is my info.

Ligament detached from bone in shoulder but can't be confirmed until swelling goes down.
ouch !

brog
05-03-2011, 10:02 AM

:top marksPersonally I would have emptied Smith after 6-6 game but he needs all encouragement he can get from our fans. He's a decent shotstopper but awful on crosses but with Parkin & Duberry missing from Saints hopefully aerial challenges may not be the norm.
Come on Buzz, prove me wrong!

hibee92
05-03-2011, 10:16 AM
He won't play again this season is my info.

devastated for the guy, best goalkeeper at the club (without seeing Divis yet) and will be a sore miss, fear this might signal the end of his Hibs career if he can't bounce back this time.

awrra best Stacky! :agree:

truehibernian
05-03-2011, 10:37 AM

I don't know if you have just woken up on the wrong side this morning, however scoopy is a valued member of the forum and to be honest I think most on here are quite happy to find out little bits of info on players and injuries. There is of course a time and a place for other bits of info, but if you are a user of the forum then you would know the reliability and credibility of scoopy is as close to 100% as you can get.

He is bang on about Mixu as well. He read (and probably still does read) this forum. He found it amusing at times too.

As far as the Board and those close to the Board. Naturally, with Hibs being a business, the forum acts as a wee guide as to mood, interests, thoughts of proposed initiatives......it would be negligent of them not to peruse the .net, bounce, mad boards.

Some folk do like to wait to see the team, others don't. However you seem to quite angry and have for me directed it at the wrong poster.

I am not in the know about the team today, but would expect Smith in goals given he came in and twice did well to prevent an equaliser. But whoever gets the nod, me and my laddie will be backing them.

IFONLY
05-03-2011, 10:47 AM
I don't know if you have just woken up on the wrong side this morning, however scoopy is a valued member of the forum and to be honest I think most on here are quite happy to find out little bits of info on players and injuries. There is of course a time and a place for other bits of info, but if you are a user of the forum then you would know the reliability and credibility of scoopy is as close to 100% as you can get.

He is bang on about Mixu as well. He read (and probably still does read) this forum. He found it amusing at times too.

As far as the Board and those close to the Board. Naturally, with Hibs being a business, the forum acts as a wee guide as to mood, interests, thoughts of proposed initiatives......it would be negligent of them not to peruse the .net, bounce, mad boards.

Some folk do like to wait to see the team, others don't. However you seem to quite angry and have for me directed it at the wrong poster.

I am not in the know about the team today, but would expect Smith in goals given he came in and twice did well to prevent an equaliser. But whoever gets the nod, me and my laddie will be backing them.

I have drawn a line under the discussions with the afore mentioned scoopy, but I just wish to point out to you that I posted in to reply to Ralbins post then as usual other people got involved. I really should know better, if your not a regular you very rarely if ever get listened to.

truehibernian
05-03-2011, 10:55 AM
I have drawn a line under the discussions with the afore mentioned scoopy, but I just wish to point out to you that I posted in to reply to Ralbins post then as usual other people got involved. I really should know better, if your not a regular you very rarely if ever get listened to.

It's an open forum mate, the more the merrier is my motto. You seemed argumentative as opposed to constructive. Line drawn, let's hope the Hibs win :agree:

R'Albin
05-03-2011, 10:57 AM

that last bit is not true, and if my posts "irk you " then don't bother reading them.

soupy
05-03-2011, 11:40 AM
Personally I think it will be brown in goal today but I hope whoever it is has a cracking game, helping hibs to victory, GGTTH:thumbsup:

Shrekko
05-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Hibs fans can help today by not ridiculously over-reacting when the ball's near the box. It will transmit to Smith, and most likely to the rest of the defence.

_hucks_
05-03-2011, 11:48 AM
that last bit is not true, and if my posts "irk you " then don't bother reading them.

Come on now, he didn't say that your posts specifically irk him. Was talking about the style of post. I disagree with the fella but he wasn't attacking you as a poster.

Brooster
05-03-2011, 11:49 AM
Brown will be in goals today.

R'Albin
05-03-2011, 11:52 AM
Come on now, he didn't say that your posts specifically irk him. Was talking about the style of post. I disagree with the fella but he wasn't attacking you as a poster.

I didnt mean it like that, I was ment *post not posts. Anyway all that matters is that hibs get a win today, Mon ih cabbage !:flag:

HNA6
05-03-2011, 11:54 AM
aye rightAye right !! a few weeks ago hibs.net Admin were asked by hibs to pull team threads from the main forum until the team is officially announced.

Hibs do read these forums, prob more often than you think.

Wotherspiniesta
05-03-2011, 11:59 AM
Brown will be in goals today.

hibiedude
05-03-2011, 12:02 PM
Its got nothing to do with the fans over-reacting regarding Smith ability- Stack has set a high standard over the last 5 weeks and who ever comes in today must set the same standard .

The defence will tell us in the first 10 minutes if THEY have confidance in todays goalkeeper because if they don't they will sit back and let St Johnstone run at us.

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-03-2011, 01:17 PM
If Brown doesn't play today and he is not injured, is it too much of a leap to suggest that everything is not alright between him and CC? I don't rate Smith at all, and would only be content if he was playing because all other options couldn't happen.

.Sean.
06-03-2011, 05:05 AM
Gaun yerself Scoop.

FWIW, if anybody on this site is 'in the know' then it's the Scoop - The Peoples Champion!

matty_f
06-03-2011, 06:54 AM
If Brown doesn't play today and he is not injured, is it too much of a leap to suggest that everything is not alright between him and CC? I don't rate Smith at all, and would only be content if he was playing because all other options couldn't happen.

Seeing as Brown played then, is it not too much of a leap to suggest that there was never an issue and that CC simply rotated the keepers, as he said he was doing?:greengrin