PDA

View Full Version : Vaz Te

billbee
04-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Looks like this lad can score with headers - been a while sine we had a striker that can get up for crosses - really think this lad will do us good! any thoughts!

HibbyAndy
04-03-2011, 01:41 PM
:singing: Ricardo Vaz Te Hibernian's number 9 :singing:

easty
04-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Looks like this lad can score with headers - been a while sine we had a striker that can get up for crosses - really think this lad will do us good! any thoughts!

Well yes actually.....I'm thinking I wish the bloody student who left the George Foreman on overnight at my work would go and apologise to the head of school. It's been taken away for 'safety reasons' now and I've had to have a cheese and ham baguette rather than a cheese and ham toastie for lunch. I'm not very impressed by the whole debacle.

MacBean
04-03-2011, 01:47 PM
:singing: Ricardo Vaz Te Hibernian's number 9 :singing:

unfortunately Andy, we still have Nish as number 9.

Vaz Te has been given the number 8 shirt

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/PlayerProfileIndex/0,,10290,00.html

HibbyAndy
04-03-2011, 01:49 PM
unfortunately Andy, we still have Nish as number 9.

Vaz Te has been given the number 8 shirt

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/PlayerProfileIndex/0,,10290,00.html

Well that still fits into the song :thumbsup:

sunshine1875
04-03-2011, 07:43 PM
What are the chances of him being in the squad / starting line-up?

Anyone know?:dunno:

SloopJB
04-03-2011, 07:53 PM

Colin Calderwood

PeterboroHibee
04-03-2011, 07:55 PM

Did CC not say he wanted to try and give him some time in a game this week? Dont think he will start but could see him being on the bench.

eastmainsmsh
04-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Cant wait to see Big Tae clips :greengrin

BoltonHibee
04-03-2011, 09:49 PM
Yes, sure can. I make it about 4 headed goals in about 8 seasons. Mind you he may have scored a few more in training.

Springbank
04-03-2011, 10:04 PM
Are there any updates on the lean mean grilling machine that got a random mention?

Iggy Pope
04-03-2011, 10:14 PM
Yes, sure can. I make it about 4 headed goals in about 8 seasons. Mind you he may have scored a few more in training.

You're not optimistic about this one then BH? I was almost in foot through the telly mode on deadline night when I heard about Sodje and not Rooney...but.......:greengrin

BoltonHibee
04-03-2011, 10:20 PM
I'm trying to be optimistic but I am failing miserably :)

He is utter pish tbh.

I maybe a bit more sensitive about this because the Bolton fans I know are pissing their pants laughing at this signing.

sunshine1875
04-03-2011, 10:23 PM

He is utter pish tbh.

I maybe a bit more sensitive about this because the Bolton fans I know are pissing their pants laughing at this signing.

Didn't we do the same when they signed Mixu!

BoltonHibee
04-03-2011, 10:27 PM
No, why would we??

Mixu is a legend in Bolton and he played with Bolton before he played with us...

PeterboroHibee
04-03-2011, 10:29 PM

He is utter pish tbh.

Think youve got to at least give him a chance. Who cares what fans of an old club think, whatever hes done in the past means nothing, hes got a chance at Hibs to try and get his career back on track and I hope he manages it (as it will hopefully benefit Hibs). Even if it doesnt work out, its only a short term contract.

sunshine1875
04-03-2011, 10:35 PM
No, why would we??

Mixu is a legend in Bolton and he played with Bolton before he played with us...

You are not getting my point!

Before Mixu came to Bolton he was "Sumo, Sumo" a distinctly average footballer, but he turned out to be a Legend with Bolton and later at Hibs.

The similarity is that me laughing at Mixu going to Bolton is no different from your Bolton friends laughing at Vaz Te coming to Hibs. Ok Mixu had not played for Hibs before he went to Bolton, but we all saw enough of him when he played against us for Utd and the Dons.

BoltonHibee
04-03-2011, 10:57 PM
You are not getting my point!

Before Mixu came to Bolton he was "Sumo, Sumo" a distinctly average footballer, but he turned out to be a Legend with Bolton and later at Hibs.

The similarity is that me laughing at Mixu going to Bolton is no different from your Bolton friends laughing at Vaz Te coming to Hibs. Ok Mixu had not played for Hibs before he went to Bolton, but we all saw enough of him when he played against us for Utd and the Dons.

Maybe you were the only one laughing at Mixu when he went to Bolton... I don't recall it being a big deal, farce wise, when he went there.

Iggy Pope
04-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Maybe you were the only one laughing at Mixu when he went to Bolton... I don't recall it being a big deal, farce wise, when he went there.

Just 6 weeks ago or so I would've had Mixu back at No 9.....:devil:

Lets hope RVT has turned a wee corner too though eh?

(And from what I can recall of Bolton, no-one there should be pishing themselves laughing at anything)

BoltonHibee
04-03-2011, 11:13 PM
Think youve got to at least give him a chance. Who cares what fans of an old club think, whatever hes done in the past means nothing, hes got a chance at Hibs to try and get his career back on track and I hope he manages it (as it will hopefully benefit Hibs). Even if it doesnt work out, its only a short term contract.

The fans comment was a bit Tongue in cheek. I have watched this lad at various levels over the last 7 or 8 seasons. Youth levels, reserves, full team. Watched him battle back from injury. Noted his attitude. Shared information with his various coaches over the years and managers. In my opinion he is not for us.

Look if he proves himself here and sets the Heather on fire I'll be delighted, I really will. This boy had more talent than most players you would see at 16, 17, 18 and 19/20.

I just feel a lot of folk on here are getting carried away on half a dozen clips on you tube. Somebody had mentioned that he is on a pay per play deal at ER. If this is true, then it is the right approach IMO.

It Is interesting that nobody questions his short term stint in Greece....cancelled contracts after 3 months...