PDA

View Full Version : The Man With The Plan!

JACK_HFC
03-03-2011, 09:25 PM
It has taken time but i think CC has finally got us sorted out! :agree: Sorry to the big, i seriously doubted he could do it! Although i do still think Yogi would have sorted us out if we stuck with him.
Well done tho CC :top marks!

:cgwa

McKenzie
03-03-2011, 09:28 PM
you think Yogi would have got Vic or Akpo in? he preferred the sight of rankin

coco22
03-03-2011, 09:32 PM
totally agree with the CC comments but can't say the same for the yogi point of view i'm afraid. each to there own (but i don't think the positive vibes on the board would be replicated if yogi had still been here)

seanraff07
03-03-2011, 09:54 PM
I didn't think there was ever a way back under Yogi where as i had faith in CC that he could turn our team in the right direction.

Dunbar Hibee
03-03-2011, 10:44 PM
Lets not get carried away though, I have full faith in CC but we are nowhere near where we want to be, next season will be the real test.:agree:

sahib
03-03-2011, 10:57 PM
Lets not get carried away though, I have full faith in CC but we are nowhere near where we want to be, next season will be the real test.:agree:

:agree:
I agree, as supporters we are quick to judge managers. There is a fair amount of luck in this game, in my opinion, it can turn heros to zeros and the reverse. I don't just mean the break of the ball but also with the players a manager brings in. Calderwood seems like a genuine and determined guy which is one reason why there was not as much dissent directed towards him as people are making out.

proud_and_green
03-03-2011, 11:21 PM
I agree, as supporters we are quick to judge managers. There is a fair amount of luck in this game, in my opinion, it can turn heros to zeros and the reverse. I don't just mean the break of the ball but also with the players a manager brings in. Calderwood seems like a genuine and determined guy which is one reason why there was not as much dissent directed towards him as people are making out.

I realise that this sounds like *****, but i have not had any doubts about CC since i heard him in an early interview when he was already under pressure. Asked whether he was worried he replied something along the lines of "football management is what i do and i'm good at it". The way he said it was confident and showed someone who considers everything and doesn't panic and works steadily to a plan.

I think he is a bloody good pick and we are in for the good times again, of course there will be slips but he'll sort it and i also think we will have a more consistant and robust team than TM ever produced.

JACK_HFC
04-03-2011, 12:03 AM

Thats a good point :hmmm: 5 wins in the bag, lets not expect too much better :wink:

JACK_HFC
04-03-2011, 12:09 AM
you think Yogi would have got Vic or Akpo in? he preferred the sight of rankin

Fair point, but you dont know who he would of brought in? :confused: Could have brought in some decent players. Im not complaining tho Vic and sodje were decent signings :aok:

HibbyAndy
04-03-2011, 12:10 AM
Thats a good point :hmmm: 5 wins in the bag, lets not expect too much better :wink:

I expect Hibernian to be in the top 6 every single season.

marinello59
04-03-2011, 06:14 AM
I expect Hibernian to be in the top 6 every single season.
That's a minimum requirement.

Kaiser1962
04-03-2011, 06:50 AM
That's a minimum requirement.

Agree. In the past few Hibs have toiled against teams in the lower half of the table but to win five on the bounce against these very teams is very satisfying. There are still problems however and there will be setbacks ahead but we have a manager who has identified weaknesses in the team and has improved them where the previous incumbent failed.

We are still quite a bit away from where we would like to be but at least we can now see some progress and our team, for the first time in a few seasons, looks to have a more solid structure and we can look forward with at least a degree of optimism.

Iain G
04-03-2011, 07:15 AM
Fair point, but you dont know who he would of brought in? :confused: Could have brought in some decent players. Im not complaining tho Vic and sodje were decent signings :aok:

Give us a list of current Falkirk players, sure there would have been one or two off there :wink:

CC is proving his contacts and time in England is serving him well with the players he has brought in, players hungry to make a name for themselves or a point to prove, with Adams having a good working knowledge of the Scottish game I'm hopefull they will unearth more gems in the summer :agree::thumbsup:

Phil D. Rolls
04-03-2011, 09:16 AM

He was sacked because he was awful over a 12 month period, made inconsistent remarks in the press, and couldn't motivate the team. The board will also have looked at what was going on behind the scenes, discussed Yogi's plans with him, and probably reached the conclusion that he didn't have what it took to turn the situation around.

I think, given the chaotic way he seemed to manage, and some of the signings he made, it's more likely that he would have gotten it wrong than right in January. It was too big a gamble for Hibs to take, and the board called it right by changing managers.

He had his shot, he blew it, it's over. Hopefully he has learned a bit more about management, and hopefully he won't come back to haunt us.

Golden Bear
04-03-2011, 09:24 AM
He was sacked because he was awful over a 12 month period, made inconsistent remarks in the press, and couldn't motivate the team. The board will also have looked at what was going on behind the scenes, discussed Yogi's plans with him, and probably reached the conclusion that he didn't have what it took to turn the situation around.

I think, given the chaotic way he seemed to manage, and some of the signings he made, it's more likely that he would have gotten it wrong than right in January. It was too big a gamble for Hibs to take, and the board called it right by changing managers.

He had his shot, he blew it, it's over. Hopefully he has learned a bit more about management, and hopefully he won't come back to haunt us.

As I saw it.