PDA

View Full Version : Friendly a week on Saturday.

Brooster
03-03-2011, 01:26 PM
Why dont Hibs try to arrange a friendly for cup weekend? Aston Villa or Everton at Easter Road would be good.

MB62
03-03-2011, 01:29 PM
The Toffees pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease :thumbsup:

BoltonHibee
03-03-2011, 01:33 PM

Having watched them a few times already this season, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease NO! They are rank rotten:greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
03-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Having watched them a few times already this season, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease NO! They are rank rotten:greengrin

they can be rank rotten or brilliant. They have dominated in wins against Spurs, Man City, Liverpool & Chelsea this season, as well as a cracking draw with Man U, then lost poorly in games against, Bolton, West Brom, Reading & Stoke.

Hibernia Na Eir
03-03-2011, 03:04 PM
think it was far easier to fix up such a game years gone by, not so now.

.Sean.
03-03-2011, 03:14 PM
Hopefully not as i'm away next weekend!

MacBean
03-03-2011, 03:32 PM
If you were a PM you'd know that something is in the pipeline :greengrin

Hibs7
03-03-2011, 04:12 PM

OH keep it secret why don't you. ok you get info first but that doesn't stop you sharing it a day or two later, talk about a cleek !!

Hank Schrader
03-03-2011, 04:13 PM

OI!!! Nae slagging my EPL team off ya bas!! :tsk tsk:

:greengrin:greengrin

lucky
03-03-2011, 04:21 PM
rather play them away from home :party:

Juice-Terry
03-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Get one organised for the following weekend (as well) please. I'll be in Embra then.

'Mon the Cabbage!

HibeeMcGinn1
03-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Hopefully not as i'm away next weekend!

It's no all about you :na na:

Brooster
03-03-2011, 04:42 PM

For those slow on the uptake like yourself i shall rephrase. Hibs are trying to arrange a friendly with Aston Villa for next weekend.

JimBHibees
03-03-2011, 04:45 PM
For those slow on the uptake like yourself i shall rephrase. Hibs are trying to arrange a friendly with Aston Villa for next weekend.

At ER i assume.

heretoday
03-03-2011, 04:48 PM

I like Everton. The People's Club. I visited Goodison recently. Nice photo timeline frieze all around the outside of the stadium. History of the club in black and white.

Trouble is you can't see it properly for dodging dog mess. The area is very run down. Delapidation and neglect all around.

Crossing Stanley Park, Anfield is slightly better but both clubs need new stadiums. They should share one ideally IMO.

marinello59
03-03-2011, 04:48 PM
OH keep it secret why don't you. ok you get info first but that doesn't stop you sharing it a day or two later, talk about a cleek [!!

Or you could say its a perk of putting your hand in your pocket to help pay the significant server costs on here. Only a tenner and you could join the ''clique'' as well. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
03-03-2011, 04:56 PM
I like Everton. The People's Club. I visited Goodison recently. Nice photo timeline frieze all around the outside of the stadium. History of the club in black and white.

Trouble is you can't see it properly for dodging dog mess. The area is very run down. Delapidation and neglect all around.

Crossing Stanley Park, Anfield is slightly better but both clubs need new stadiums. They should share one ideally IMO.

What colour seats would you suggest. :greengrin

Would you really want Hibs sharing a stadium with Hearts.

Removed
03-03-2011, 05:01 PM
It's no all about you :na na:

It's about me as well :greengrin

Bike show on at Ingliston a week on Saturday. It's pish these days but at least a day filler with nae game scheduled. If we get a friendly I can always go on the Sunday. Top weekend then :thumbsup:

Hibs7
03-03-2011, 05:13 PM
Or you could say its a perk of putting your hand in your pocket to help pay the significant server costs on here. Only a tenner and you could join the ''clique'' as well. :greengrin

Did so before, but different circumstances now, and anyway I wasn't saying share all but don't keep secrets as if you are better than other supporters

MacBean
03-03-2011, 05:14 PM

like myself? eh? :confused:. I was the person who informed the PM board 3 days ago.

Billy Whizz
03-03-2011, 05:17 PM

Fact or fiction?

MacBean
03-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Did so before, but different circumstances now, and anyway I wasn't saying share all but don't keep secrets as if you are better than other supporters

I kept it on the PM board, as I didn't want it getting out in case it came to nothing. As is the case with most scoops from the PM board.

NadeAteMyLunch!
03-03-2011, 05:19 PM
Villa are my English team, would LOVE if this was true... :greengrin

MacBean
03-03-2011, 05:20 PM
Fact or fiction?

we are trying to have a friendly next week, against, what can only be described as a side with a much higher reputation than our own. I am unsure if it Aston Villa, however I was told "European"

marinello59
03-03-2011, 05:25 PM

Aye, OK. I don't ever have any exclusives but if I get one you will be the first to know about it. :greengrin

Billy Whizz
03-03-2011, 05:38 PM
we are trying to have a friendly next week, against, what can only be described as a side with a much higher reputation than our own. I am unsure if it Aston Villa, however I was told "European"

How likely?

fat freddy
03-03-2011, 06:02 PM

Is it Maribor?:offski:

hibee92
03-03-2011, 07:09 PM

:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-03-2011, 07:28 PM

Hope its away from home, good trip at the start of the season!

Jack
03-03-2011, 07:38 PM

Does Des Bremner still play for them? :dunno:

iwasthere1972
03-03-2011, 08:08 PM

Why would we play a friendly against Hearts with the derby so close. :confused:

Hibernia Na Eir
03-03-2011, 08:11 PM
I remember we played a hastily arranged friendly at easter road once in the early 80s against a soviet side. Who was it again? Was it a moscow outfit? It was midweek and cold thats all i remember!

Topographic Hibby
03-03-2011, 08:19 PM
I remember we played a hastily arranged friendly at easter road once in the early 80s against a soviet side. Who was it again? Was it a moscow outfit? It was midweek and cold thats all i remember!

Moscow Dynamo 15-Feb-1985. I was there and I have a memory of winning 3-1. However, according to ihibs, it was a 2-0 win.

Must be an age thing....

http://ihibs.co.uk/friendly.php?id=3169

Billy Whizz
03-03-2011, 08:20 PM
There are no English Premier games that weekend as it's FA Cup weekend. Everyone else has a free weekend. Take your pick from some of these who are free,
Spurs
Chelsea
Villa
Wigan
Newcastle
Sunderland
Everton
Liverpool

fife hfc
03-03-2011, 08:32 PM
There are no English Premier games that weekend as it's FA Cup weekend. Everyone else has a free weekend. Take your pick from some of these who are free,
Spurs
Chelsea
Villa
Wigan
Newcastle
Sunderland
Everton
Liverpool

Would bring a decent support that would add to the atmosphere.

SteveHFC
03-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Spurs
Chelsea
Villa
Wigan
Newcastle
Sunderland
Everton
Liverpool

iwasthere1972
03-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Spurs
Chelsea
Villa
Wigan
Newcastle
Sunderland
Everton
Liverpool

Any one of those teams with the exception of perhaps Wigan (dinnae want to spend my time booing Gary Caldwell for 90 minutes) would do. If I had to say one then it would have to be Liverpool.

big-mo
04-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Potential game with Villa next Sat at ER has been cancelled. No reason given.
Sky were attempting to do a deal to cover it.

wazoo1875
04-03-2011, 11:15 PM
Moscow Dynamo 15-Feb-1985. I was there and I have a memory of winning 3-1. However, according to ihibs, it was a 2-0 win.

Must be an age thing....

I remember this game it was 2-0, ive got a programme from it and if memory serves it was just one big A3 sheet folded into 4.

Iggy Pope
04-03-2011, 11:55 PM
Potential game with Villa next Sat at ER has been cancelled. No reason given.
Sky were attempting to do a deal to cover it.

In that case I'm glad. That would've turned a nice 3pm Saturday friendly into something at dinner time on Sunday or some pish

Dashing Bob S
05-03-2011, 12:19 AM
If we play an English club who bring a traveling support, there will be crowd trouble/aggro issues - lets not kid ourselves. I'm sure the police have had a view on this.

BoltonHibee
05-03-2011, 10:43 AM

Must be an age thing....

As an aside, I am sure Moscow Dynamo played a game, possibly a friendly, many moons ago against Rangers. It was a foggy night and it was discovered that they were playing with 12 men on the park instead of the customary 11.

Jonnyboy or JDships may be able to shed some light as I think the game in question was played in the 30's/40's :wink:

Hibs7
05-03-2011, 10:47 AM
If we play an English club who bring a traveling support, there will be crowd trouble/aggro issues - lets not kid ourselves. I'm sure the police have had a view on this.

Don't think there would be any trouble with a friendly against Newcastle. :thumbsup:

Wembley67
05-03-2011, 10:50 AM
Don't think there would be any trouble with a friendly against Newcastle. :thumbsup:

Baws. Why do you think there wouldnt be? Any english team that comes up here will be involved in a bit of bother with the ********s.

Removed
05-03-2011, 10:54 AM

You've obviously never met :slipper: then

skipster7
05-03-2011, 06:25 PM
I remember this game it was 2-0, ive got a programme from it and if memory serves it was just one big A3 sheet folded into 4.
i had the programme as well, iirc durie scored 2 headers at the dunbar end.:agree:

Golden Bear
05-03-2011, 06:29 PM

Aye right!

I remember being at a Newcastle v Hibs "friendly" game at St James Park and I've never seen so much trouble in my life. It was absolute mayhem!

Keith_M
05-03-2011, 06:37 PM
Aye right!

I remember being at a Newcastle v Hibs "friendly" game at St James Park and I've never seen so much trouble in my life. It was absolute mayhem!

When was this? Don't need an exact date, just narrow it down.

Was it when Edinburgh still had trams from the last time round, for instance :greengrin

Golden Bear
05-03-2011, 06:43 PM
When was this? Don't need an exact date, just narrow it down.

Was it when Edinburgh still had trams from the last time round, for instance :greengrin

Nearly!

Turnbull's Tornadoes era - probably mid seventies. We lost 2-1 and there were about 5000 arrests - or so it seemed like!

Keith_M
05-03-2011, 06:58 PM
Nearly!

Turnbull's Tornadoes era - probably mid seventies. We lost 2-1 and there were about 5000 arrests - or so it seemed like!

Ah, so it was (just) before my time. In that case, thanks Auld Yin :wink:

hibbybrian
05-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Nearly!

9th October 1976 - Ally Scott scored for Hibs - we were in the main stand and when we left there was a running battle between the Hibs fans from behind the goals and the locals :agree:

davebt
05-03-2011, 10:30 PM
The programme cover for the Newcastle game is here (http://www.hibsprogrammes.co.uk/761009.html)

Ireallywasthere
05-03-2011, 11:17 PM
I believe it was a non starter due to the costs involved

Nakedmanoncrack
05-03-2011, 11:19 PM

Still got the program as well, I got it signed by some of the Moscow Dinamo players that night, no idea who they were though. Think Dinamo also played Rangers that week, 1-0 to the Huns?

Edina Erin
06-03-2011, 12:46 AM
We played Newcastle at ER for Jackie Mac's testimonial 1984?

I remember there being trouble after the game from Bothwell street up to the top of the road.

wazoo1875
06-03-2011, 01:23 AM
We played Newcastle at ER for Jackie Mac's testimonial 1984?

I remember there being trouble after the game from Bothwell street up to the top of the road.
Big crowd that day, there was a big Geordie support if memory serves.
Have hearts ever had a big crowd at a testimonial for one of there stalwarts ? (devil/woodenspoon smilie)

Dashing Bob S
06-03-2011, 05:33 AM

I'd probably make some. It's an an unfortunate state of affairs when you can't even trust yourself to behave. I blame the parents.