PDA

View Full Version : Media Jarkko Wiss in the Evening News

Green Man
03-03-2011, 01:10 PM
Story here (http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Finn-Jarkko-Wiss-returned-to.6727785.jp)

Doesn't look like he's saying much, but there's a lot of unseen words going on :agree:

lapsedhibee
03-03-2011, 01:21 PM
Didn't get the credit he deserved when he played here. Was judged almost exclusively on the fact that he has an easily rhymed surname.

silverhibee
03-03-2011, 01:25 PM
He was at the game on Tuesday night.

truehibernian
03-03-2011, 01:27 PM
He was at the game on Tuesday night.

I saw Derek and Nid run up and have a quick blether with him during the warm up SH......was Derek saying something like "oh there you are.....where you been hiding" :greengrin He was more elusive than Brian Kerr (Wiss, not Deek).

Malthibby
03-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Come on guys. he was hard working & honest but that was about it. Still credit him with the greatest height I have ever seen a ball kicked, straight up & I swear it came down with ice on it, about 3 feet from where he was still standing.
GG

Removed
03-03-2011, 01:40 PM
Didn't get the credit he deserved when he played here. Was judged almost exclusively on the fact that he has an easily rhymed surname.

Lucky his surname wasn't White then :greengrin

lapsedhibee
03-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Lucky his surname wasn't White then :greengrin

Brian Kerr
Hurtado, the tank
Nish

have also suffered monstrously from a similar unfortunate circumstance, and shouting "Konte baws" from the stands was never going to help.

hibsbollah
03-03-2011, 01:59 PM
The best two footed midfielder in Europe, blobby told us.

Dashing Bob S
03-03-2011, 02:37 PM

Agreed. Think Colin Nish suffers from the same problem.

Removed
03-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Agreed. Think Colin Nish suffers from the same problem.

Surely big Colin has turned the corner though. He's got his own song now :agree:

rennie_hfc
03-03-2011, 02:47 PM
I was pretty young when Wiss was playing but I remember well him overhitting every corner high and past the back post.

Owain_1987
03-03-2011, 02:49 PM
Am remember Wiss nearly scoring from a corner thats about it!

LeithBoozy
03-03-2011, 02:53 PM
It is good to see old players return, they would not bother their erse to do so if they did not hold their time with us enjoyable. I bet he was taken with East Mains and the new East. :wink:

lapsedhibee
03-03-2011, 03:00 PM
It is good to see old players return, they would not bother their erse to do so if they did not hold their time with us enjoyable. I bet he was taken with East Mains and the new East. :wink:

:hmmm: Magnificent as the new East is, not sure if it's visible from Lanarkshire. (Though the yams' new stand will be, obviously - you'll be able to see it from the Great Wall of China.)

.Sean.
03-03-2011, 03:17 PM
What's he been up to since he left Hibs?

poolman
03-03-2011, 03:22 PM
What's he been up to since he left Hibs?

He's a manager :agree:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jarkko_Wiss

LeithBoozy
03-03-2011, 04:33 PM
#14 Dont forget Lapsedhibee with some of singing section at the game, It could be said a bit of the East could be seen in Lanarkshire on Tuesday. And when will this mega stand ever be built in gorgie?.ha ha :wink:

lapsedhibee
03-03-2011, 04:36 PM
And when will this mega stand ever be built in gorgie?
Quite soon now I believe. The planning application's already in. :agree:

iwasthere1972
03-03-2011, 04:42 PM
:hmmm: Magnificent as the new East is, not sure if it's visible from Lanarkshire. (Though the yams' new stand will be, obviously - you'll be able to see it from the Great Wall of China.)

No you won't. Vlad has ordered that it is dismantled and will be used for his super duper 5 star hotel in Gorgie.

Iain G
03-03-2011, 08:18 PM
Come on guys. he was hard working & honest but that was about it. Still credit him with the greatest height I have ever seen a ball kicked, straight up & I swear it came down with ice on it, about 3 feet from where he was still standing.
GG

Ah yes, fond memories!! He was rubbish though :agree:

BonnieFitbaTeam
03-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Was judged almost exclusively on the fact that he has an easily rhymed surname.[/QUOTE]

No he wasn't. He was judged on that fact that in all the time he was here he never once trapped the ball.

lapsedhibee
03-03-2011, 08:49 PM
in all the time he was here he never once trapped the ball

Jarkko's silky one-touch style was too advanced for his team mates at the time. You now see the likes of Arsenal play twenty, thirty consecutive one-touch passes, and no-one complains about their players not trapping the ball, but we simply didn't have the players for that then.

givescotlandfreedom
03-03-2011, 09:38 PM
I'm sure he hit the bar with a raker against Celtic in a draw which might have been Sauzee's lasrt game. Strangely I seem to remember him being a good corner taker.

Hibhibhooray
03-03-2011, 10:04 PM
He may not have been the greatest player every to grace Easter Road but a nicer guy you would not meet. He opened a supermarket I was working at and as Jarkko was injured, he did the opening. He was great with everybody, old and young that day. He stayed over an hour longer than we booked him for.

After that he would pop in after a home game for 4 tins and a couple of bottles of wine. If I saw him he would always say 'don't tell anyone'

Don't think he will mind me telling everyone on hibsnet now:wink:

IWasThere2016
03-03-2011, 10:36 PM
Ah yes, fond memories!! He was rubbish though :agree:

Yup - mince.

Ritchie
03-03-2011, 10:39 PM
The guy standing behind him in the picture is my mate and was speaking to him.

He got invited to the old firm game by John park so decided to go watch the mighty cabbage whilst here.