PDA

View Full Version : Has the away support ever been barred from an OF game?

Wembley67
03-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Something in my heid says it has and fairly recently at that. Anyone confirm if this was the case?

--------
03-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Something in my heid says it has and fairly recently at that. Anyone confirm if this was the case?

I'm sure you're right, but I couldn't say when.

But I'm sure they found opportunities to kill and main one another regardless. :rolleyes:

Peevemor
03-03-2011, 11:21 AM
There was a match at Ibrox where Rangers had banned the Celtic support due to damage/vandalism during their previous visit.

I think the match finished 1-1 with John Collins scoring a superb curling free kick (predator boots had just come out).

--------
03-03-2011, 11:22 AM
There was a match at Ibrox where Rangers had banned the Celtic support due to damage/vandalism during their previous visit.

I think the match finished 1-1 with John Collins scoring a superb curling free kick (predator boots had just come out).

:agree: That's the one.

magpie1892
03-03-2011, 11:34 AM

30 April 1994. I was at that game. Collins scored and you could hear him clear as a bell go: "Yesssssssss!' Funny.

Elephant Stone
03-03-2011, 11:39 AM
30 April 1994. I was at that game. Collins scored and you could hear him clear as a bell go: "Yesssssssss!' Funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVmqGgVgsFE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVmqGgVgsFE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVmqGgVgsFE)

Joe Baker II
03-03-2011, 01:58 PM
1993/94 - last OF game prior to McCann takeover I recall. Think background was Celtic refused to pay cost for some minor damage to seats, McCann agreed this would happen in future and there was rarely damage thereafter.

Instigation of David Murray, was widely condemned by press and fans of all Scottish clubs at time I recall and was revoked for next game.

Keith_M
03-03-2011, 04:44 PM
1993/94 - last OF game prior to McCann takeover I recall. Think background was Celtic refused to pay cost for some minor damage to seats, McCann agreed this would happen in future and there was rarely damage thereafter.

Instigation of David Murray, was widely condemned by press and fans of all Scottish clubs at time I recall and was revoked for next game.

I very much doubt that.

DH1875
03-03-2011, 07:00 PM

OK, I'll be the first to ask. WHY the duck would you have been at the game when WE had a home game against the Yams on the same day :bitchy:.

magpie1892
03-03-2011, 10:05 PM
OK, I'll be the first to ask. WHY the duck would you have been at the game when WE had a home game against the Yams on the same day :bitchy:.

Work experience. :wink: