PDA

View Full Version : Debate with a Yam.

Thecat23
03-03-2011, 09:02 AM
Right i'm at work and a Yam who i work with was on about how the ugly sisters should be hammered for lasts nights farce. I told him Hearts at one time weren't much better. He then went onto to say it was Vlads fault for Hearts getting so many yellows and reds. Most of which didn't deserve to be dished out. Does anyone know where i can find stats on bookings for the past few seasons? He's starting to get on my nerves and i said to him, maybe a couple but Hearts WERE a dirty team.

truehibernian
03-03-2011, 09:16 AM
Right i'm at work and a Yam who i work with was on about how the ugly sisters should be hammered for lasts nights farce. I told him Hearts at one time weren't much better. He then went onto to say it was Vlads fault for Hearts getting so many yellows and reds. Most of which didn't deserve to be dished out. Does anyone know where i can find stats on bookings for the past few seasons? He's starting to get on my nerves and i said to him, maybe a couple but Hearts WERE a dirty team.

Surely you know by now mate never to debate with a Hearts fan. They are after all always right about any subject that is up for discussion. They are the oracle. Just get back to your work and know your place :greengrin

Thecat23
03-03-2011, 09:20 AM
Surely you know by now mate never to debate with a Hearts fan. They are after all always right about any subject that is up for discussion. They are the oracle. Just get back to your work and know your place :greengrin

Actually you're right, i should know better becasue they know everything about everything, i'm now going to sit in the corner and think about how silly i've been :wink:

gackohibs
03-03-2011, 09:28 AM

spot on.

they have absolutley no sense of humor either!!
us hibbys can laugh at our own team, but they cant EVER do that, always pulling some stat out their arse etc... pathetic.

come to think of it, John Rowbotham was a guest speaker at a sportsmans dinner a few years ago and in his stories ripped hearts a new one. The whole room was on the floor poorless except the yams who were furious haha

Thecat23
03-03-2011, 09:53 AM
spot on.

us hibbys can laugh at our own team, but they cant EVER do that, always pulling some stat out their arse etc... pathetic.

come to think of it, John Rowbotham was a guest speaker at a sportsmans dinner a few years ago and in his stories ripped hearts a new one. The whole room was on the floor poorless except the yams who were furious haha

Could not be more right about that. When we are gash we can say we're gash and laugh. Hearts when they were toiling were spouting the same p!sh that they weren't as bad as people are saying and deserve to be up in 3rd. I actually have no idea how they are so stupid.

TrinityHibs
03-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Could not be more right about that. When we are gash we can say we're gash and laugh. Hearts when they were toiling were spouting the same p!sh that they weren't as bad as people are saying and deserve to be up in 3rd. I actually have no idea how they are so stupid.

Practice

lapsedhibee
03-03-2011, 11:02 AM
I actually have no idea how they are so stupid.

Practice

Also genetic inheritance, in those instances where the children are related to the parents. In some other cases peer-group pressure probably plays a part.

Sean1875
03-03-2011, 11:29 AM
surely the fact they've been top of the disciplinary table for god knows how many years would back up your point? but no no yams are right, its how the big team does things, got to take some sacrifices on your way to winning the CL

Scouse Hibee
03-03-2011, 12:21 PM
spot on.

:agree: He was at our club dinner two weeks ago with Willie Henderson and done exactly the same. :greengrin

--------
03-03-2011, 12:23 PM

Didn't see or hear much hilarity during our recent bad run?

More the weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth... :rolleyes:

degenerated
03-03-2011, 12:34 PM

surely you mean orifice :agree:

Hibercelona
03-03-2011, 12:36 PM
When a yam starts slavering.... best thing to do is this ---> :agree:

It gets you out of it more quickly and you don't have to actually listen. :aok:

basehibby
03-03-2011, 12:40 PM

Debate????? Yam????? Shurely Shome mishtake!

In my experience it is not possible to debate with a singular Yam as they only like to partake in such discourses as part of a large grouping of similarly inclined individuals.

ie. Yams are only comfortable when Mass-debating

Jack
03-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Firstly never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Secondly, and my tin hat is firmly on here, watching the highlights on telly, IMO many of the bookings and sendings off in the past were unjustified.

Having said that I would consider many of the yellow / red cards picked up by Hibs players are equally unjustified.

I normally have a wee rant at the beginning of the season about the 3rd place team being picked on with cards which will subsequently weaken the team until the OF are out of sight. Hearts have done reasonably well this season with only 2 sendings off (Hibs 5) but lead the way with 60 yellows (Hibs 2nd with 56). It will be interesting to see what happens if they get ‘too’ close.

Hibs Class
03-03-2011, 12:57 PM
Debate with yam = :brickwall

Bostonhibby
03-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Debate with a yam............................ is like talking to a lamp post.

ancient hibee
03-03-2011, 07:27 PM
Debate with a yam............................ is like talking to a lamp post.

Don't think so-they never see the light.

Bostonhibby
03-03-2011, 07:30 PM
Don't think so-they never see the light.

:greengrin Touche' alright, a garden shed then.

Mixu62
03-03-2011, 11:41 PM
surely the fact they've been top of the disciplinary table for god knows how many years would back up your point? but no no yams are right, its how the big team does things, got to take some sacrifices on your way to winning the CL

What? They've been top of a table? Is it 1986 again?!:greengrin

lEXO
04-03-2011, 03:20 AM
I thought all Yams were mass debaters