PDA

View Full Version : Old firm and Neil Lennon

KiddA
03-03-2011, 07:27 AM
I for one am getting tired of these two teams giving Scotland a bad name. Every game they play is a pantomime and there is always some bother mainly from Lennon squaring up to anyone he can with the backing of a whole Celtic bench pulling him away. Yes he is having a good season but he does not have the temperament to be a manager of a club like Celtic.

I mean he is always in bother and trying to square up to someone and its getting cringeworthy now its like look at me im a hard man :yawn: am I not right in saying that he has been beat up before in the street??? the guy has become a hate figure of Scottish football and I am sure the powers at be at Celtic are even getting tired of this little fud with his bs in the press and on the bench. I hope the SFA throw the book at this fud and make an example of him but they won't as he is the Celtic manager.

The bottom line is I wish the old firm would leave the league I for one am getting tired of this unhealthy hatred and religous bs every old firm game now. They are pure muck and its getting boring now.

I need to state that i dislike both Old Firm sides so this isn't a biased view.

Watching the game tonight, Diouf, went over to talk to the rangers bench or Mjalby, at that point ginger fud walks 10 yards to have words with him, WHY?

Now ginger fud is having his hearing about his touchline ban tomorrow, so hear he is getting involved in what has absolutely ****** all to do with him, add to that, the ref then pulls him over to speak to him, now given he has his hearing tomorrow you would think he might try to behave and take a telling, but no he still opens his mouth just to try get the last word in. When will this clown learn?

His ban should stand as he isn't learning a f###ing thing, look at McCoist he put his hands by his side and let the ref get his say,like a grown up.

Lennon brings it all on himself,he deserves everything that's coming his way. He should get out of Glasgow while he still can as the way he carries on someone's going to do him over good and proper.

The guy is a classless ginger fud :agree: and does not deserve to be a manager of any club.

That is all rant over

Phil D. Rolls
03-03-2011, 07:31 AM
I for one am getting tired of these two teams giving Scotland a bad name. Every game they play is a pantomime and there is always some bother mainly from Lennon squaring up to anyone he can with the backing of a whole Celtic bench pulling him away. Yes he is having a good season but he does not have the temperament to be a manager of a club like Celtic.

I mean he is always in bother and trying to square up to someone and its getting cringeworthy now its like look at me im a hard man :yawn: am I not right in saying that he has been beat up before in the street??? the guy has become a hate figure of Scottish football and I am sure the powers at be at Celtic are even getting tired of this little fud with his bs in the press and on the bench. I hope the SFA throw the book at this fud and make an example of him but they won't as he is the Celtic manager.

The bottom line is I wish the old firm would leave the league I for one am getting tired of this unhealthy hatred and religous bs every old firm game now. They are pure muck and its getting boring now.

Watching the game tonight, Diouf, went over to talk to the rangers bench or Mjalby, at that point ginger fud walks 10 yards to have words with him, WHY?

Now ginger fud is having his hearing about his touchline ban tomorrow, so hear he is getting involved in what has absolutely ****** all to do with him, add to that, the ref then pulls him over to speak to him, now given he has his hearing tomorrow you would think he might try to behave and take a telling, but no he still opens his mouth just to try get the last word in. When will this clown learn?

His ban should stand as he isn't learning a f###ing thing, look at McCoist he put his hands by his side and let the ref get his say,like a grown up.

Lennon brings it all on himself,he deserves everything that's coming his way. He should get out of Glasgow while he still can as the way he carries on someone's going to do him over good and proper.

The guy is a classless ginger fud :agree: and does not deserve to be a manager of any club.

That is all rant over

No mean feat. :agree:

Lendo
03-03-2011, 07:46 AM
"His ban should stand as he isn't learning a f###ing thing, look at McCoist he put his hands by his side and let the ref get his say,like a grown up."

They doubled it before to six games, they should now double it to twelve in my opinion.

KiddA
03-03-2011, 07:54 AM
"His ban should stand as he isn't learning a f###ing thing, look at McCoist he put his hands by his side and let the ref get his say,like a grown up."

They doubled it before to six games, they should now double it to twelve in my opinion.

Yeah for sure but they will probably sweep it under the carpet as the SFA are gutless and most of them need to grow spines before they do anything about the Old fim Muck :agree:

Hakim Sar
03-03-2011, 07:56 AM
One rule for Derek Adams one rule for anyone old firm affiliated.

Lennon AND mccoist should face a lengthy inquiry and resultant ban.

Also for rangers to be shown 3 red cards.... They should be carpeted for it. Bougherra is a joke

Liberal Hibby
03-03-2011, 08:00 AM
Good post, but not convinced it's just Lennon to blame given Rangers had three sent off (but then I didn't watch the game becasue I don't give a stuff about either of them).

But Kenny McAskill gets this absolutely wrong simply blaming alcohol and failing to mention the true root cause - sectarianism.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-12631956

KiddA
03-03-2011, 08:01 AM
One rule for Derek Adams one rule for anyone old firm affiliated.

Lennon AND mccoist should face a lengthy inquiry and resultant ban.

Also for rangers to be shown 3 red cards.... They should be carpeted for it. Bougherra is a joke

Yeah I was just thinking that about Derek Adams. It will never change as long as I have been a Hibs fan the Old Firm will always get looked after on and off the pitch no matter what they do. The SFA are a shower of spineless C#### FACT :agree:

Groathillgrump
03-03-2011, 08:30 AM

That is all rant over

:top marks

The sad thing is that the Celtic board are happy to have a classless, greetin' faced thug as their manager because it panders to the 'he's one of us' mentality of their moronic support. If the powers that be at Celtic had an ounce of decency they would get rid of the wee nyaff before he drags himself and their club any deeper into the mire. Lennon, GTF!

givescotlandfreedom
03-03-2011, 11:50 AM
But Kenny McAskill gets this absolutely wrong simply blaming alcohol and failing to mention the true root cause - sectarianism.

Without a doubt :agree:

Hibs Class
03-03-2011, 11:55 AM
:top marks

The sad thing is that the Celtic board are happy to have a classless, greetin' faced thug as their manager because it panders to the 'he's one of us' mentality of their moronic support. If the powers that be at Celtic had an ounce of decency they would get rid of the wee nyaff before he drags himself and their club any deeper into the mire. Lennon, GTF!

I honestly don't think that would be possible. Whilst Rangers came out of last night's events worse than Celtic I think that Celtic's conduct during the last several months is such that they are already at an all-time low.

Golden Bear
03-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Good post, but not convinced it's just Lennon to blame given Rangers had three sent off (but then I didn't watch the game becasue I don't give a stuff about either of them).

:agree:

It's most unusual for Holy Wullie to be wrong about anything.

:wink:

--------
03-03-2011, 11:59 AM

We have an election coming up - don't expect any politician to risk alienating the electorate.

This is sectarianism fuelled by booze, justified by elements of the community who should know better and encouraged by the authorities at all levels who simply want to sweep the whole lot under the carpet.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-03-2011, 11:59 AM
Think McCoist was pandering to the knuckle-draggers by winding up Lennon. Two classes jerks that you wouldn't want on the terracing fans, now in charge of our biggest teams. FFS.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

KiddA
03-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Neil Lennon now saying the matter is now closed :hmmm: no its not fud. The Scottish government is now involved so its pretty far from closed. Yet again ginger fud in a power trip trying to decide his own fate :rolleyes::crazy: I hope and pray they throw the book at him :agree: I would love to see them play all Old Firm games closed door as it might shut them up for a wee while and ginger fud may calm down but then again he can't help himself.

FromTheCapital
03-03-2011, 04:41 PM
What people don't understand is McCoist provoked that last night...
Just give them both a 6 match ban and get it over with...
Must admit it is giving Scotland a bad name BUT...
It is really funny...

The Falcon
03-03-2011, 04:59 PM
We have an election coming up - don't expect any politician to risk alienating the electorate.

This is sectarianism fuelled by booze, justified by elements of the community who should know better and encouraged by the authorities at all levels who simply want to sweep the whole lot under the carpet.

In other parts of the world sectarianism is a curse on society. In Scotland its a business.

Pretty Boy
03-03-2011, 05:07 PM
I'm not coming on here to defend Neil Lennon after his actions this season so far. However to try to pass off the abuse Lennon gets as his own fault is incorrect IMO.

Let me first say that when people wish to critcise Lennon for his stance on referees, his manner (within the football arena), his actions etc etc then this is fine, thats part of football.

However some of what Neil Lennon has put up with since signing for Celtic has been shameful. It wasn't fuelled by disklike of his style of play or his attitude, it was fuelled by good old fashioned sectarianism. He received his 1st death threats within days of signing for Celtic, grafiti was painted outside his home several times, the bullets in the post was very nice and no matter how it's dressed up almost no one deserves to be beaten up in the street. I said on the PM board earlier that i was unfortunate enough to be at Windsor Park for the what proved to be Lennons last international match. He was subject to some horrendous abuse that night inclusing threats against his then 1 year old child. He was forced to quit international football before the next game after receiving further death threats. All because he was a Catholic, Ulsterman who dared sign for Celtic.
I'm not saying some of the booing and abuse in his time at Celtic wasn't fuelled by his playing style, of course it was, but i think it's naive to suggest there was no bigoted element.

On the flip side Celtic fans are every bit as guilty, some of the filth they sing should make them ashamed. Both Celtic and Rangers fans are living in the dark ages. The Cetic support whilst suitably outraged about the death threats received by Lennon thought nothing of singing a song hoping Nacho Novo was shot in the head by the IRA, i'm no fan of Novo either but is that really acceptable? The muppets on both sides need to realise this is the 21st century, singing songs about 'fenians', 'papes', 'orange *******s', 'the IRA, 'The UDA' or whatever isn't acceptable, it's not banter, it's not funny, no one outwith their own little clique is impressed.

The worst part is that ordinary football fans keep it in the spotlight by talking about it. Let's be honest when we bought our papers this morning most of us looked at the back pages to see what they were saying about last nights game. There are numerous threads on here discussing it. In future maybe it would be an idea to just ignore it, don't watch the games, don't buy papers the next day. Leaves these neanderthals to enjoy their day of violence, bigotry and whatever whilst we enjoy football.

Saorsa
03-03-2011, 05:37 PM
The worst part is that ordinary football fans keep it in the spotlight by talking about it. Let's be honest when we bought our papers this morning most of us looked at the back pages to see what they were saying about last nights game. There are numerous threads on here discussing it. In future maybe it would be an idea to just ignore it, don't watch the games, don't buy papers the next day. Leaves these neanderthals to enjoy their day of violence, bigotry and whatever whilst we enjoy football.I dinnae bother with these games (if they happen tae be on in the boozer no much I can do about that) or buy any of these papers you talk of, they arenae fit tae wipe ***** off shoes. Why should they be left tae it though and why should it be ignored? Every time these two vile institutions play they bring shame on Scottish fitba and on Scotland as a whole, they are a disgrace and it's time something was done about it. Will it be though? I doubt it!

Viva_Palmeiras
03-03-2011, 05:53 PM
Have the mis-pleasure of listening to the OF apologists including Chic Dung Gordon Chisholm

I didn't see the game but what I find hard to comprehend is that folks dont see Neil Lennons behaviour this season is for what it is - a tactic - and a successful one. Hes hardly gonna stop is he?

Jack
03-03-2011, 06:46 PM
To use a cricketing term can I ask – since when has sledging not been part of the game?

Sally might be a bit of an admin but Ned Lemon has surely given and received it as a player and a manager. The fact he no longer sees himself as bound by the same laws as anyone else only serves to demonstrate what a complete and utter:asshole: he is.

IMO :greengrin

OxoHibby
03-03-2011, 08:02 PM
I dinnae bother with these games (if they happen tae be on in the boozer no much I can do about that) or buy any of these papers you talk of, they arenae fit tae wipe ***** off shoes. Why should they be left tae it though and why should it be ignored? Every time these two vile institutions play they bring shame on Scottish fitba and on Scotland as a whole, they are a disgrace and it's time something was done about it. Will it be though? I doubt it!

AS a Hiiby living in England it does seem that they are brining shame on Scotland. There is a fair bit of UK wide coverage on this one where often it isn't mentioned much.
I watched the BBC online highlights, which were double what they show for other scottish teams, the conduct of the the whole lot was terrible. Why is it that people who have never been to Scotland before seem to be as bad in that environment as any of the weedgies?
Was like watching a bunch of unwashed children and predictably tiresome. The book should finally be thrown at both clubs - like that will ever happen. Wish they would just gtf.