PDA

View Full Version : Gutted

Hibs Class
02-03-2011, 10:34 PM
Looking at the SPL table after tonight's match, Hibs and Aberdeen both have 21 points, both have a goal difference of -14, both have scored 30 goals and both have conceded 44. In other words we have identical records, and that means that after 28 matches Aberdeen have pipped us to 8th place because of alphabetical order.

I think I now have a clue how those poor Hearts supporters must have felt on that late Spring Day in 1986. :wink:

Saorsa
02-03-2011, 10:37 PM
Looking at the SPL table after tonight's match, Hibs and Aberdeen both have 21 points, both have a goal difference of -14, both have scored 30 goals and both have conceded 44. In other words we have identical records, and that means that after 28 matches Aberdeen have pipped us to 8th place because of alphabetical order.

I think I now have a clue how those poor Hearts supporters must have felt on that late Spring Day in 1986. :wink:do you mean when this happened :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCjEsN4E85s

The_Sauz
02-03-2011, 10:40 PM
You will find it goes by results against each other :wink:
Anyway what happened in "86", looks like old age has caught up with me!!

The_Sauz
02-03-2011, 10:42 PM
do you mean when this happened :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCjEsN4E85s
****, and here was me thinking that the Yams had lost the Scottish Cup or something like that!!

Springbank
02-03-2011, 10:56 PM
No,that cant be right. Everyone knows Hearts have a special relationship with the scottish cup. A bit like tom cruise and katy holmes allegedly. They get to touch each other 3 times a century

nonshinyfinish
02-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Mita won the league, Mita won the cup. :agree:

Allant1981
03-03-2011, 04:44 AM
You will find it goes by results against each other :wink:
Anyway what happened in "86", looks like old age has caught up with me!!

Sure they said on the radio last night it was alphabetical order for the reason aberdeen were above us

Geo_1875
03-03-2011, 06:18 AM
Sure they said on the radio last night it was alphabetical order for the reason aberdeen were above us

It is alphabetical order. Results against each other is only used at the end of the season if they can't be seprated any other way.

PeeJay
03-03-2011, 06:43 AM

I think I now have a clue how those poor Hearts supporters must have felt on that late Spring Day in 1986. :wink:

We lost ten points somewhere then....? :rolleyes:

macca70
03-03-2011, 07:37 AM
It is alphabetical order. Results against each other is only used at the end of the season if they can't be seprated any other way.

I say we change our name to Aardvarks Athletic.

Sort it out Petrie!!

Mon the aardvarks.

The Falcon
03-03-2011, 07:40 AM

Obviously Craig Brown and Archie Know "know what they're doing" :wink:

Hibs Class
03-03-2011, 07:59 AM
We lost ten points somewhere then....? :rolleyes:

Ooops - I have fat fingers!

mjhibby
03-03-2011, 08:14 AM
Must admit as a sad statto did realise that losing that late goal meant aberdeen would sneak above us as they began with a if they drew o-o.Get it sorted petrie.If that table doesnt show hibs above aberdeen by saturday morning then the tache gets it.
Funny how quickly things turn around in football.A mere 5 weeks ago loads of people,in and outside hibs,were seriously looking at binning cc and wanting craig brown or derek mcinnes to replace them as they are seasoned proven spl managers.Fast forward 5 weeks and hey presto cc and hibs have caught up with them in the league.Now i admit pa broon has done a good job at the dons and mcinnes is steady eddie at the saintees but im so glad we have a hibs team now with very exciting young fullbacks,a competive midfield and the prospect of many more signings of the standard cc has got in.
The close season will be the most exciting we have had for years and with youngsters like booth,wotherspoon,hanlon and towell if he stays only getting better then its onwards and upwards for the great hibbies.Can the dons and the aberdeen fans say that.I think the crowds that the dons and the saintees are getting says it all.Big well done to the board for sticking by cc when many doubted him.Btw i must admit billy dodds on sportscene has always backed cc to get it right and says he is a winner and was as fierce a competitor as you could get as a player.Apparently being from stranraer makes you a wee bit mad and ccs calm exterior isnt his real character.Hate to see him lose his temper then eh. :greengrin