PDA

View Full Version : sick of the old firm

keep the faith
02-03-2011, 10:26 PM
Lennon, diouf, brown, bigotry, paranoia, death threats, media bias etc etc.

Why don't they gtf. Would rather a smaller honest league than put up with any more of their gutter level behaviors.

Scotlands shame.

LaMotta
02-03-2011, 10:28 PM

Why don't they gtf. Would rather a smaller honest league than put up with any more of their gutter level behaviors.

Scotlands shame.

Their gutter level behaviour is what makes it watchable

Aubenas
02-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Over the years, managers/management of non Old Firm fans have received anything up to 9 or 10 match bans and huge fines for bad mouthing refs or geting all shouty. Lennon, 3 times, and McCoist, twice, are involved in threatening behaviour in front of 60K during a fixture which a senior cop has already condemned as being not worth the risk to Glasgow citizens. We await reaction - both form Glagow residents later tonight, and the football/police authorities. Don't hold your breath.
We already have Sky's reaction: Oh -that was AWFUL, chuckle chuckle - ( meaning:7 of these next season! Great! Get your subscription paud now.)

Geo_1875
02-03-2011, 10:35 PM
You can guarantee that the SPL/SFA or whoever already have somebody on standby with the carpet lifted and a big brush in their hand.

PatHead
02-03-2011, 10:36 PM

Scotlands shame.

Not sticking up for him because he played for Hibs but why Brown? I didn't see him step out of line. Also Cheery chappie McCoist was at it in the first half and at full time. Why not have a go at him. Smith didn't appear to see anything wrong with his players actions in the post match interview and blamed the ref. (Aye he will go in front of SFA and get carpeted right enough!) for balance don't forget Mjalby. By the way Celtic had 3 yellows compared to Rangers 10. Maybe Celtic aren't to blame this time................

Gatecrasher
02-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Their gutter level behaviour is what makes it watchable

:agree:

Its like watching the scheme,

Stantons Angel
02-03-2011, 10:38 PM
These overpaid thugs are the idols of young boys looking to be just like them.

Tonight has done nothing but damage not only to Scottish football but to the name of Scotland itself.

It may have been exciting to some but what kind of impression does that give to the supporters. Its just not acceptable and something must be done about it now.

Throw the book at them and throw them out!

Hillsidehibby
02-03-2011, 10:40 PM
Excuse my ignorance but have not seen the game.

What happened?

One Day Soon
02-03-2011, 10:41 PM
Not sticking up for him because he played for Hibs but why Brown? I didn't see him step out of line. Also Cheery chappie McCoist was at it in the first half and at full time. Why not have a go at him. Smith didn't appear to see anything wrong with his players actions in the post match interview and blamed the ref. (Aye he will go in front of SFA and get carpeted right enough!) \for balance don;t forget Mjaby

And he IS a Legend

LaMotta
02-03-2011, 10:48 PM

Its like watching the scheme,

:agree: although the individuals in the scheme have a bit more intellect about them :greengrin

iwasthere1972
02-03-2011, 11:22 PM
Only saw the report on SSN. Hope the authorities have the Allan McGraw's to throw the book at both clubs for their behaviour on and off the field tonight. Neil Lennon is a total fud and I wish Coisty had decked the wee bassa. No surprise Diouf got himself in trouble either.

Bishop Hibee
02-03-2011, 11:34 PM
The title to this thread say it all.

They can't live with each other and can't live without each other. Adult ticket price tonight was £40. 57,847 crowd plus corporate etc. Both clubs made a packet especially when the tv revenue is added. The fact they play each other so often means familiarity which breeds contempt.

You wonder why the shirt sponsor would have anything to do with either club and then you realise it's the product fueling their fans behaviour in every *****hole in Scotland after the game. A cycle of shame.

Sadly both set of OF directors would happily play each other 7 times a season for maximum revenue and the media thrive on the hysteria surrounding each circus. Petrie etc bow down to this by advocating a 10 team league.

OFGTF

Jim44
02-03-2011, 11:41 PM
Only saw the report on SSN. Hope the authorities have the Allan McGraw's to throw the book at both clubs for their behaviour on and off the field tonight. Neil Lennon is a total fud and I wish Coisty had decked the wee bassa. No surprise Diouf got himself in trouble either.

I'm not defending Lennon as I agree he is genetically sub-human but the incident with McCoist was instigated by McCoist 100%.

iwasthere1972
02-03-2011, 11:46 PM
I'm not defending Lennon as I agree he is genetically sub-human but the incident with McCoist was instigated by McCoist 100%.

What did he say to Lennon? Funny mind you as Ally shiit his breeks as soon as Lennon made a move for him. Think he was looking for Diouf to get him out of jail.

Jim44
02-03-2011, 11:54 PM
What did he say to Lennon? Funny mind you as Ally shiit his breeks as soon as Lennon made a move for him. Think he was looking for Diouf to get him out of jail.

We'll never know what he actually said but they came together in what appeared to be a sort of friendly manner but McCoist clearly drew Lennon towards him and said something that brought the red mist.

magpie1892
02-03-2011, 11:56 PM

Got more time (about a nanosecond, mind) for Lennon than the cowardly worm that is McCoist.

While the 'game' and afters was amusing and exciting, it was, as has been pointed out above, pretty toe-curling stuff. Both teams and management staff's behaviour was utterly shameful.

The CIS final should be played behind closed doors.

PatHead
03-03-2011, 12:07 AM
Got more time (about a nanosecond, mind) for Lennon than the cowardly worm that is McCoist.

While the 'game' and afters was amusing and exciting, it was, as has been pointed out above, pretty toe-curling stuff. Both teams and management staff's behaviour was utterly shameful.

As I commented earlier Celtic player's behaviour was excellent despite being kicked off the park. Lennon on the other hand...........

Ryan91
03-03-2011, 12:22 AM
I got a taxi this evening and talked about what he thought of the game he said he was a Celtic fan but he said he didn't like the atmosphere of the OF games and hates the abuse he gets after the game

magpie1892
03-03-2011, 12:27 AM
As I commented earlier Celtic player's behaviour was excellent despite being kicked off the park. Lennon on the other hand...........

Not sure what Lennon is supposed to have done wrong. Apparently Diouf barged the Celtic physio as he went on the pitch to look at Izziguere (or however the **** you spell it) and then wandered across to the touchline - what was he doing there, apart from looking for trouble? The incident at full-time can only be laid at Fat Ally's door.

Lennon made a total and unmitigated fud of himself in the earlier part of the season with the 'decisions' nonsense but he's been very restrained since.

As you correctly point out, the CFC players themselves did well to keep the heid but Mjallby should have kept his distance at half time and, yes, Lennon should have just smiled at whatever McCoist said at FT.

Cal 7-0
03-03-2011, 01:48 AM
Who really gives one, he said they said, they are as bad as each other who wasn't a fud this time will be a fud next time. As for Broon he's been dragged into the cellic way with his moronic need to get involved. I really wish they would gtf and take the East Coast weegies that melt ma lugs each day in life with them!!

lucky
03-03-2011, 08:13 AM
An absolute shocking game. But the tension and ill discipline that they BOTH have is thrilling to watch. Unfortunaetly we all have to pay for the hype. I'm sure Strathclyde's finest would have been run of their feet again last night with assaults and domestic violence soaring. Sad for Scotland as a whole.

Barney McGrew
03-03-2011, 08:23 AM
I'm sure Strathclyde's finest would have been run of their feet again last night with assaults and domestic violence soaring.

30 arrests at the ground last night according to media reports this morning.

Can you imagine the headlines there would be if there were 30 arrests at any other Scottish football game?

Septimus
03-03-2011, 08:27 AM
Compulsive viewing but not much to do with football.

Steve20
03-03-2011, 08:28 AM

Wrong. It was Lennon who tried to act like a mental case, as usual.

GloryGlory
03-03-2011, 08:31 AM
30 arrests at the ground last night according to media reports this morning.

Can you imagine the headlines there would be if there were 30 arrests at any other Scottish football game?

How many arrests outside the ground or at bars showing the game or in the streets of Glasgow? Probably at least 10 times that.

How many ended up in A&E in a drunken stupor, having to be looked after to prevent them choking on their own vomit? How many ended up in A&E needing treatment for glassings or stabbings or domestic violence?

Who pays for all this?

KiddA
03-03-2011, 08:39 AM

Scotlands shame.

Could not agree more :agree:

MB62
03-03-2011, 08:49 AM
I was saying exactly the same thing last night, absolutely sick to death, tired, bored of the whole bigot fest.

BTW, I thought the ref had an excellent game last night and called 95% of the decisions correctly.

OFGTF

heretoday
03-03-2011, 08:56 AM
It was great TV watching and, after all, that's what it's about these days, no?

Various pundits - Pat Nevin included - could hardly hide the shrill delight in their voices as they witnessed the scenes of carnage. Libya ain't got nothing on this!

Walter Smith clearly signed Diouf in a hamfisted attempt to noise up Celtic so it was good to see the plan backfire.

Smith actually said afterwards that Diouf is "an easy target"! Aye right!

H18sry
03-03-2011, 09:04 AM
It was great TV watching and, after all, that's what it's about these days, no?

Various pundits - Pat Nevin included - could hardly hide the shrill delight in their voices as they witnessed the scenes of carnage. Libya ain't got nothing on this!

Walter Smith clearly signed Diouf in a hamfisted attempt to noise up Celtic so it was good to see the plan backfire.

Smith actually said afterwards that Diouf is "an easy target"! Aye right! What channel was he on? it was Pat Bonnar, Neil McCann and Jim White on my telly.

JimBHibees
03-03-2011, 10:00 AM
How many arrests outside the ground or at bars showing the game or in the streets of Glasgow? Probably at least 10 times that.

How many ended up in A&E in a drunken stupor, having to be looked after to prevent them choking on their own vomit? How many ended up in A&E needing treatment for glassings or stabbings or domestic violence?

Who pays for all this?

Completely sickened with it to be honest and great we have another one in a couple of weeks again. Superb.

A guy in my work was speaking to a senior guy in the Ambulance service recently and he says that there are 20% more calls nationally for Ambulances after an Infirm game. We should be so proud makes Scotland look like a complete medieval backwater.

heretoday
03-03-2011, 10:19 AM
What channel was he on? it was Pat Bonnar, Neil McCann and Jim White on my telly.

Five Live.

GloryGlory
03-03-2011, 10:36 AM
Completely sickened with it to be honest and great we have another one in a couple of weeks again. Superb.

A guy in my work was speaking to a senior guy in the Ambulance service recently and he says that there are 20% more calls nationally for Ambulances after an Infirm game. We should be so proud makes Scotland look like a complete medieval backwater.

Another one in a couple of weeks, this time a supposed showpiece for Scottish football.

Then there's one final bigoted hatefest for us all to endure in the last SPL game between the two. Imagine if that game was also one where both could win and/or lose the league title.

"Greatest derby in the world"! My backside! A plague on both their houses.

Sas_The_Hibby
03-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Makes Hibs and Hearts rivalry look fairly pathetic! :wink: :greengrin

And long may that continue. :agree:

lapsedhibee
03-03-2011, 10:56 AM
Then there's one final bigoted hatefest for us all to endure in the last SPL game between the two. Imagine if that game was also one where both could win and/or lose the league title.

Don't think that would be permitted. Isn't the game normally specifically scheduled so that it can't be a decider?

inglisavhibs
03-03-2011, 11:09 AM

Not a bad idea, or maybe they could make it an under 19 game and see if they can behave. The sectarian behaviour connected with these clubs causes much wider mahem in Scotland than just the football.

Aldo
03-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Just watched the Highlights and i can say they should be hammered for that. TBH it was quite funny at the end. Mccoist knew exactly what he was doing and lennon took the bait like a great white. Six match ban after that it should be a season long ban IMHO. Great advert for scottish football.

As for Diouf trying to wind up brown??? they guy should also been hammered as well.

Glad i dont support any one of those two

GloryGlory
03-03-2011, 12:03 PM
Don't think that would be permitted. Isn't the game normally specifically scheduled so that it can't be a decider?

With the way the league positions are, it may be unavoidable.

down the slope
03-03-2011, 12:50 PM
I see Chick Young thinks it's a Scottish night of shame-eh no a night of shame for Glasgow, This from the BBC.

"The Lennon/McCoist clash is one isolated incident in a night of, I have to say, shame for Scottish football.

This whole "crime scene" needs to be investigated and analysed from start to finish.

The behaviour of El-Hadji Diouf [Rangers player] was absolutely scandalous.

In the end here is a player who throws his top, and indeed his skins, to the fans as if he were some kind of hero when he had hardly kicked a ball for Rangers.

There was much wrong about the game, it was unbelievable.

In 40 years of covering Old Firm matches, this one is up there with one of the most scandalous I have ever seen.

I can't believe the behaviour of the people on the park and time after time I have said this is something that has a ripple effect which is felt deep into the night. "

Why do we get tarred with the same brush as that lot .?

lapsedhibee
03-03-2011, 01:46 PM
With the way the league positions are, it may be unavoidable.

How so? League positions at the moment are neck and neck. If the final OFGTF match is scheduled to be the first after the split, that more or less ensures that it won't be a decider. (For it to be a decider, one team would have to be 10 points clear of the other going in to it, naw?)

Phil D. Rolls
03-03-2011, 01:56 PM
These overpaid thugs are the idols of young boys looking to be just like them.

Tonight has done nothing but damage not only to Scottish football but to the name of Scotland itself.

It may have been exciting to some but what kind of impression does that give to the supporters. Its just not acceptable and something must be done about it now.

Throw the book at them and throw them out!

Who pays for all this?

Scotland has to have a close look at itself, and stop kidding itself on. We have rates of violence, alcohol related illness and cancer that put us in a league of our own. I'm sure there must be a connection between the mind set that let's a contest like the OF hate fest take place on our own doorsteps, and the lack of self esteem that sees us abuse our bodies in such a nihilistic way.

I just don't know what it is. Neither will all the journos who will pen pieces about it at the weekend.

Joe Baker II
03-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Hysteria at OF games can go well over top (there is far more violence at times associated other sporting occasions in the world, often in areas that few would describe as "backwaters") but there seem some practical ways disorder could be reduced without needing bans. And number of games recently has not helped.

I think one practical thing that would be easily achievable would be the Police insisting that games do not kick off at around midday, this just seems designed to encourage all day drinking by those who cannot handle it. Lothian and Borders Police (for once rightly) expressed concerns about the early OF kick off times impact on alcohol consumption last year but they are not decision makers here.

OF games kicking off after 5pm may have issues too if people drink all day in advance of game (but has to be remembered the 1999 Hugh Dallas game that led to a change was not that typical at the time, and it was a combination of Bank Holiday and a title decider which made things more heated).

So the simple solution of retruning to 3pm kick offs would seem sensible - if it means no (legal) TV coverage so be it and Sky/ESPN can be told to stuff it.

PeeKay
03-03-2011, 03:32 PM
I see Chick Young thinks it's a Scottish night of shame-eh no a night of shame for Glasgow, This from the BBC.

Ah, if only it was so! Look at the banners waved by the Rantic crowds at ER and you will see a fair proportion of them are from the Lothians. The OF are Scorlands shame because they infest the whole country. Unfortunately.

NAE NOOKIE
03-03-2011, 09:30 PM
I cant understand why the EPL doesnt want them.

If only we could get rid of them.

The only short term answer is for the Police to insist that the next two OF games take place behind closed doors and are not televised. With an add on that if the first game after this leads to an unacceptable level of violence then the next 3 are behind closed doors and not televised and so on.

Any so called 'fan' of any team who thinks its OK to hit another person ... especially his wife or kids ...... coz of the result of a game of football should be locked up in a mental institution until they get a bloody grip on reality.

Matty_Jack04
03-03-2011, 09:42 PM
horrible mob and i for one will not tune into another OF firm again aslong as i live, buy any newspapers in the lead up or the fall out of one either.

wonder if bougherra will get the same treatment as that wee yam mikalounis got for putting his hands on an official........ i think not.

School yard mentality grips the lot of them....there fault, wisnae me it was him, youre cheating im taking ma baw hame etc etc....gets right on my jedwards .

Topographic Hibby
03-03-2011, 09:55 PM
OK, lets be a bit fiendish here...why not hit them with points deductions.

It may hand title (or sniff thereof) to Jambos, but hey, WTF, this needs to be sorted. This insidious, rancid nonsense has to stop. Hitting them where it hurts (ie points --> trophies --> cash derived from which etc) is really the only way. Seeing the Ugly 2-some deprived of a title due the actions of their players, managers, fans would be hugely entertaining. I could stomach the Maroon and White glee to see that one.

Its a social (read, anti-social) problem that needs a draconian solution. Has the SFA got the cahones.....(we know the answer...).

sunshine1875
03-03-2011, 10:04 PM
If that was Arbroath v Montrose acting like that, the SFA or the SPL would be talking about serious punishment. Charges of bringing the game into disrepute, 10+ match bans ala Adams, police action against those provoking unrest and threat that they could be thrown out of the competition.

Will that happen to the Infirm:tumble:

The Infirm is all that is wrong with Scottish football and we will continue on a downward cycle until something is done about it! More and more people will walk away from football because of their continued dominance, bigotry, biased referreeing and downright cheating. It will never happen, but it is time for the authorities to say enough is enough - time for you to drop the negative sectarian disinformation and seek to put more back into Scottish Football by supporting equal distribution of wealth. God, I hate them both!

Sylar
03-03-2011, 10:06 PM

It may hand title (or sniff thereof) to Jambos, but hey, WTF, this needs to be sorted. This insidious, rancid nonsense has to stop. Hitting them where it hurts (ie points --> trophies --> cash derived from which etc) is really the only way. Seeing the Ugly 2-some deprived of a title due the actions of their players, managers, fans would be hugely entertaining. I could stomach the Maroon and White glee to see that one.

Its a social (read, anti-social) problem that needs a draconian solution. Has the SFA got the cahones.....(we know the answer...).

LTYF! :greengrin

sunshine1875
03-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Sorry - I meant to add, someone today mentioned that the number of police officers involved in the Infirm games 10,000 and they had to bus the police in from the Borders and places like that. Is that true?

Shut them down, I say!

GreenCastle
03-03-2011, 10:09 PM
I cant understand why the EPL doesnt want them.

If only we could get rid of them.

The only short term answer is for the Police to insist that the next two OF games take place behind closed doors and are not televised. With an add on that if the first game after this leads to an unacceptable level of violence then the next 3 are behind closed doors and not televised and so on.

Any so called 'fan' of any team who thinks its OK to hit another person ... especially his wife or kids ...... coz of the result of a game of football should be locked up in a mental institution until they get a bloody grip on reality.

Not sure if you were being sarcastic ?

But the EPL doesn't need them - either does the Championship.

Personally I would prefer a non old firm league and the world would be a happier place.

Big Ed
03-03-2011, 10:13 PM

It's a lovely thought, but I suspect that any points deduction would result in a protracted Legal Action by the fragrant pair.
That would throw the whole League into a state of complete farce; something that neither of them would be too bothered about.
Cue more entrenched bias from their respective hordes.
It would take cajones of steel - I'm dubious of the existence of such things in Scottish Football.

Capt Mainwaring
03-03-2011, 10:15 PM
Pathetic comments coming out of both camps today - usual old p*sh. It wiz his his fault, it was his fault, they started it................A big boy done it and ran a way. YAWN!!

Hammer the both of them with heavy fines and points deductions.

Thought the most pathetic comment came from Scott Brown . Apparently Diouf started it by winding up Celtic players. Clearly not the brightest spark as Brown conveniently forgets his "celebration" right in the face of Diouf at Ibrox a few weeks back.

sunshine1875
03-03-2011, 10:20 PM
What about a song, chant or banner that all non-Infirm supporters can use whenever their team plays the Infirm.:dunno:

The Infirm = Scotlands Shame

SloopJB
03-03-2011, 10:32 PM
What about a song, chant or banner that all non-Infirm supporters can use whenever their team plays the Infirm.:dunno:

The Infirm = Scotlands Shame
What about completely ingnoring them, stop pandering to their delusion of superiority.

NAE NOOKIE
03-03-2011, 11:45 PM
Not sure if you were being sarcastic ?

But the EPL doesn't need them - either does the Championship.

Personally I would prefer a non old firm league and the world would be a happier place.

I agree.

And yes I was being sarcastic

Hibee_Rab
04-03-2011, 12:42 AM
What we should be doing is singing the same songs against both of them, not anti-celtic or anti-rangers songs, but anti-old firm songs, tar them both with the same brush, tell them how they are they exact same as each other.

sahib
04-03-2011, 11:04 AM
Let's be honest here the main reason we hate the old firm is that they are richer and more successful than us. Although the reasons for this may be demographics and sectarianism, for me, they could be as unpleasant and bigoted as they wanted if we were regularly better than them.

pozbaird
04-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Let's be honest here the main reason we hate the old firm is that they are richer and more successful than us.

I would disagree with that. I accept they are both massive successful clubs with a ton of trophies. As a St Mirren fan of 36 years standing, I like to think I have a realistic grasp of things, for example, Hibernian are a bigger club than mine, with a bigger fanbase, a bigger stadium, and are in Scotland's capital city. We can (and do) compete on a reasonably level playing field with Hibs, but the bottom line is, a player such as John Rankin will choose to join Hibs over St Mirren - I can live with that.

What I find difficult to live with is the inherent unpleasantness of the Old Firm. Both clubs actively pander to the extremes in their support. Their matchday music being a prime example. Celtic Park pre-match is like Riverdance on steroids, with diddly-squiddly Oirish Glen Daly jigs battering your senses, while over in the blue corner, their pre-match music sounds suspiciously like a flute band and that is no accident in my view.

In my 36 years as a Saints fan, sure, there's been aggro between a lot of clubs - I remember the Hibs casuals and some trouser-troubling walks back to the supporters buses after games at Easter Road, but it just isn't a patch on the Old Firm and their underlying agenda. To be fair, the large-scale nonsense seems confined to the blue bigot half - Newcastle, Birmingham, Barcelona, Manchester... but the other mob are no angels. I despise both halves equally.

If we could get shot of them, I think a non-OF league would work, but for one thing - a TV deal. Sky want the OF derbies, the rest are simply contractual obligation fixtures. IF we had a non-OF league, TV deals aside, Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and Dundee United would be on an equal footing, and it would be a genuine four-way battle for the title. All four clubs could easily attract home gates of 12,000 - 16,000 if it was a genuine title race. Maybe the Arabs would only get 10,000 max - but still. Clubs like Motherwell and ICT would be on your coat-tails, and maybe even Killie and ourselves could have a better run at things.

The problem is no-one wants them. The EPL drew a line under that with the UEFA final in Manchester. This week's events will only harden attitudes towards them down South. Sadly, we're stuck with them - but hopefully the Scottish Parliament, Strathclyde Police, and the SFA will grow a pair of balls this time and hammer the chunts. Games behind closed doors, long bans for Lennon and McCoist, police withdrawing labour and not policing their games - something concrete.

Rangers showing some decency and telling El Hadj Diouf to pack his bags would be a help too - we don't need a no-mark classless chav like him up here in an Old Firm situation.

Glasgow's shame. Makes me glad I'm from Paisley. :not worth

JimBHibees
04-03-2011, 02:43 PM
I would disagree with that. I accept they are both massive successful clubs with a ton of trophies. As a St Mirren fan of 36 years standing, I like to think I have a realistic grasp of things, for example, Hibernian are a bigger club than mine, with a bigger fanbase, a bigger stadium, and are in Scotland's capital city. We can (and do) compete on a reasonably level playing field with Hibs, but the bottom line is, a player such as John Rankin will choose to join Hibs over St Mirren - I can live with that.

What I find difficult to live with is the inherent unpleasantness of the Old Firm. Both clubs actively pander to the extremes in their support. Their matchday music being a prime example. Celtic Park pre-match is like Riverdance on steroids, with diddly-squiddly Oirish Glen Daly jigs battering your senses, while over in the blue corner, their pre-match music sounds suspiciously like a flute band and that is no accident in my view.

In my 36 years as a Saints fan, sure, there's been aggro between a lot of clubs - I remember the Hibs casuals and some trouser-troubling walks back to the supporters buses after games at Easter Road, but it just isn't a patch on the Old Firm and their underlying agenda. To be fair, the large-scale nonsense seems confined to the blue bigot half - Newcastle, Birmingham, Barcelona, Manchester... but the other mob are no angels. I despise both halves equally.

If we could get shot of them, I think a non-OF league would work, but for one thing - a TV deal. Sky want the OF derbies, the rest are simply contractual obligation fixtures. IF we had a non-OF league, TV deals aside, Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and Dundee United would be on an equal footing, and it would be a genuine four-way battle for the title. All four clubs could easily attract home gates of 12,000 - 16,000 if it was a genuine title race. Maybe the Arabs would only get 10,000 max - but still. Clubs like Motherwell and ICT would be on your coat-tails, and maybe even Killie and ourselves could have a better run at things.

The problem is no-one wants them. The EPL drew a line under that with the UEFA final in Manchester. This week's events will only harden attitudes towards them down South. Sadly, we're stuck with them - but hopefully the Scottish Parliament, Strathclyde Police, and the SFA will grow a pair of balls this time and hammer the chunts. Games behind closed doors, long bans for Lennon and McCoist, police withdrawing labour and not policing their games - something concrete.

Rangers showing some decency and telling El Hadj Diouf to pack his bags would be a help too - we don't need a no-mark classless chav like him up here in an Old Firm situation.

Glasgow's shame. Makes me glad I'm from Paisley. :not worth

Hear, hear, superb post and agree with every word. :aok:

Wouldnt be waiting on them getting hammered though as they and their sycophants and apparatchiks will no doubt be working behind the scenes at this very moment to water down any attempt to hammer them appropriately.

Would be great if they did go as I agree with you that the non-OF league would be a breathe of fresh air however dont see it happening as although they like to think they have clout in reality they have none at all with regard to their chosen land of the EPL.

pozbaird
04-03-2011, 04:42 PM
Hear, hear, superb post and agree with every word. :aok:

Wouldnt be waiting on them getting hammered though as they and their sycophants and apparatchiks will no doubt be working behind the scenes at this very moment to water down any attempt to hammer them appropriately.

Would be great if they did go as I agree with you that the non-OF league would be a breathe of fresh air however dont see it happening as although they like to think they have clout in reality they have none at all with regard to their chosen land of the EPL.

I hope they never get to the EPL. I was down at last weekend's Newcastle v Bolton game, and it was brilliant. 48,500 - fantastic atmosphere, with both sets of fans singing songs about their club. Not even the faintest whiff of sectarian nonsense. Their presence in the EPL would add nothing but bigotry and hatred that they don't need. At least if Liverpool and Man Utd hate each other, it's not because of what school they went to.

Baldy Foghorn
04-03-2011, 04:56 PM
I despise the old firm, and to hear the Scottish Parliament talking about the nonsense on Wednesday, is such a waste of tax payers money.....Do they not have more issues to be concerned with......

Maybe if they were both reprimanded for their sectarian behavior in their grounds, by fines and docked points it would take the edge off the volatile and poisonous atmosphere?

ancient hibee
04-03-2011, 05:13 PM
As usual the powers that be are getting totally confused.

The point being missed is that although there was some extra trouble away from the ground it wasn't hugely significant and although probably drink related not any more than usual.There was only a very small amount of trouble at the match and as the fans are well away from each other they'd either be fighting amongst themselves or minor scuffles on the way in and out.The real scandal apart from the usual sectarian singing which is never going to improve unless UEFA manages it,is the total failure of the clubs to control their employees.Of course nothing will be done about it and instead there will be the usual waffle about booze-which had nothing to do with the trouble.

PatHead
04-03-2011, 05:43 PM
By the way ignoring the McCoist/Lennon incident should El Haj not get into trouble for not leaving the pitch after a sending off?(Seem to remember this happening to other players) should Bougerra not get an extra ban for trying to steal the yellow card from the ref? Should Sir Walter not get pulled up for basically saying the ref ruined it by picking on his boys when they did nothing wrong?

As far as I am aware the SFA have said very little about the incidents. Should they not be charging both clubs with bringing the game into disrepute and withholding TV and sponsors money? Bet you they would if this had involved different clubs.

The problem isn't so much with Rangers and Celtic, it is with the spineless blazers who will not stand up to them in all aspects of Scottish football (I would include our Rod in that for not standing up about the 10 team league.) I'm not holding my breath but I hope that someone at Holyrood has the balls to stand up and tell them the continual bigotry and sectaranism has to stop now or the clubs will be held accountable. I am sure that in my place of work my employer's could be held accountable under Corporate law in these circumstances by allowing such behaviour.

Apart from ruining football they are quite simply a menace to society and must be treated as such. 20 years or so ago it was acceptable to be a racist homophobe. Due to zero tolerance campaigns these days are over which shows things can change. Despise them both.............

ancient hibee
04-03-2011, 05:49 PM
Afraid you are on another planet -SFA Chief Executive issued an extensive press release condemning what had gone on and has already been criticised by both clubs for doing so.Can't do any more until refs report is received otherwise would be accused of pre-judging.

Incidentally Rod is a prime mover behind 10 club league.

weecounty hibby
04-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Sick of the OF? Of course we all are, but the game the other night is exactly why we are stuck with them and unfortunately always will be. The punters down south will have lapped it up watching all that nonsense going on. But they do not want it in their own back yard and never will. They are a national embarrasment and will never change and we will never be rid of them.

PatHead
04-03-2011, 06:01 PM
Afraid you are on another planet -SFA Chief Executive issued an extensive press release condemning what had gone on and has already been criticised by both clubs for doing so.Can't do any more until refs report is received otherwise would be accused of pre-judging.

Incidentally Rod is a prime mover behind 10 club league.

Unfortunately been working too hard and not seen much news since yesterday. Will stand chastised but surely by issuing this press release he has pre-judged. There is no doubt both clubs have brought the game into disrepute as they have by getting onto national news through there antics. Case could have been beefed up with extra facts before final hearing. At least that would have shown some spine, instead it will get swept under the carpet whilst being dealt with at some conference in a far away land as usual. They showed how tough they are letting Lennon off this week. Weeks after original ban.

ancient hibee
04-03-2011, 06:06 PM
Unfortunately been working too hard and not seen much news since yesterday. Will stand chastised but surely by issuing this press release he has pre-judged. There is no doubt both clubs have brought the game into disrepute as they have by getting onto national news through there antics. Case could have been beefed up with extra facts before final hearing. At least that would have shown some spine, instead it will get swept under the carpet whilst being dealt with at some conference in a far away land as usual. They showed how tough they are letting Lennon off this week. Weeks after original ban.

Glad to hear someone is working hard to pay tax to fund my pension-you've made an old man very happy:greengrin

He probably did jump the gun but I suspect -damned if he does,damned if he doesn't.

PatHead
04-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Glad to hear someone is working hard to pay tax to fund my pension-you've made an old man very happy:greengrin

He probably did jump the gun but I suspect -damned if he does,damned if he doesn't.

Well I damned him for doesn't......you damned him for does

lapsedhibee
04-03-2011, 06:43 PM
The problem isn't so much with Rangers and Celtic
:fibber:

PatHead
04-03-2011, 06:50 PM
:fibber:

Sorry didn't phrase it well. Should have said problem isn't only Rangers and Celtic's. I was trying to say that until someone stands up to the "bullies" they won't think they are doing anything wrong and will continue to get away with it.

Moody Mulder
04-03-2011, 07:14 PM
[QUOTE=BOVRIL;2750454]I cant understand why the EPL doesnt want them.

absolutely no-one wants them

SloopJB
04-03-2011, 07:28 PM
[QUOTE=BOVRIL;2750454]I cant understand why the EPL doesnt want them.

absolutely no-one wants them
the media does, top box office.
we are three pages in to not wanting them.

greenginger
04-03-2011, 08:19 PM
Can anyone think of any practical sanctions that would stop the mayhem and get a message through to those two clubs and their moronic support that the rest of Scotland has had enough of them.

I would start with their fixtures restricted to Home supporters only in SPL and maybe even cup ties up to semi finals.

No live coverage on T.V. of their derby matches anywhere in Scotland.

PatHead
04-03-2011, 08:25 PM
Ban them both from the cup next year

andrew_dundee
05-03-2011, 12:38 AM
i wrote a blog about this and would be grateful for any extra hits :-)

www.blackberrybanter.wordpress.com

:-)

Joe Baker II
09-03-2011, 02:21 PM
[QUOTE=sahib;2750729]Let's be honest here the main reason we hate the old firm is that they are richer and more successful than us. QUOTE]

Spot on, suspect you will get a lot of disagreement with this though many Hibs fans will not want to admit to this, whom are probably disporortiantely represented on this board! Hence the often hysterical (although OF-slagging can sometimes be justified) posts one often sees on threads such as this one.

--------
09-03-2011, 02:34 PM
[QUOTE=sahib;2750729]Let's be honest here the main reason we hate the old firm is that they are richer and more successful than us. QUOTE]

Spot on, suspect you will get a lot of disagreement with this though as many Hibs fans will not want to admit to this, whom are probably disporortiantely represented on this board! Hence the often hysterical (although OF-slagging can sometimes be justified) posts one often sees on threads such as tih sone.

You can see this in the way some of us disparage smaller teams we're drawn against in Cup competition (not this year, mind!), and I've encountered many Hibs fans over the years indistinguishable from OF morons except for the colour of the scarf, the strip they wear, and the badge on the front of it.

If we were the green-and-white number one rivals of Rangers rather than Celtic, we would have the same proportion of fans just as objectionable as the worst of the Celtic fans.

It's called human nature.

Hamish
09-03-2011, 03:18 PM

This sums one half of them up for me

Saorsa
09-03-2011, 03:21 PM

This sums one half of them up for me:thumbsup:

Joe Baker II
09-03-2011, 03:40 PM
[QUOTE=Joe Baker II;2755113]

You can see this in the way some of us disparage smaller teams we're drawn against in Cup competition (not this year, mind!), and I've encountered many Hibs fans over the years indistinguishable from OF morons except for the colour of the scarf, the strip they wear, and the badge on the front of it.

If we were the green-and-white number one rivals of Rangers rather than Celtic, we would have the same proportion of fans just as objectionable as the worst of the Celtic fans.

It's called human nature.

I would like to think this is not the case but deep down I know this is true.

keep the faith
09-03-2011, 04:15 PM

Spot on, suspect you will get a lot of disagreement with this though many Hibs fans will not want to admit to this, whom are probably disporortiantely represented on this board! Hence the often hysterical (although OF-slagging can sometimes be justified) posts one often sees on threads such as this one.

I'm sick of the old firm because of the reasons I gave in my initial post. I'm not sick of them because they are bigger clubs than us. Sorry mate but I don't get the idea that Im sick of lennon, diouf, bigotry and hatred which goes beyond the game just cause they win more than us???