PDA

View Full Version : Media Accies game highlights now on line!

ancienthibby
02-03-2011, 05:24 PM
Here's the link!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9412175.stm

Cabbage East
02-03-2011, 05:32 PM
That was some save by Smith :agree:

Purehibee_MYB
02-03-2011, 05:32 PM
Cool as you Like from Deeks

And great Hibs support too
:hibees

Part/Time Supporter
02-03-2011, 05:50 PM
McLaughlin went in to do Stack - dirty bassa. Useless referee might as well have not been there, missed that and a clear foul on Booth in the penalty area by Mensing.

ancienthibby
02-03-2011, 05:52 PM
McLaughlin went in to do Stack - dirty bassa. Useless referee might as well have not been there, missed that and a clear foul on Booth in the penalty area by Mensing.

The referee was an international cricket player!!:grr::grr::confused::confused:

--------
02-03-2011, 05:58 PM

:agree:

That was brutal. He wasn't looking at the ball, zeroed in on Stack quite deliberately.

Great save there by Smith.

:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa

Mikey
02-03-2011, 06:01 PM
Was Stack fouled when he was injured? It didn't look like it to me. In which case, why didn't Hamilton get a goal when their player knocked it into the net?

Mikey
02-03-2011, 06:02 PM

That was brutal. He wasn't looking at the ball, zeroed in on Stack quite deliberately.

Great save there by Smith.

:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa

Was Stack fouled when he was injured? It didn't look like it to me. In which case, why didn't Hamilton get a goal when their player knocked it into the net?

I think I'd better look again :greengrin

Mikey
02-03-2011, 06:03 PM
He was fouled :greengrin

Nasty one too!

Gettin' Auld
02-03-2011, 06:06 PM
Maybe that explains why he was stumped?

:wink:

--------
02-03-2011, 06:09 PM

Well, McLaughlin was nowhere near the ball and followed through when Stack had both feet off the ground. And he was looking at Stack, not the ball, as far as I can make out.

Looks deliberate.

Hibbie_Cameron
02-03-2011, 06:22 PM

Just saw it on the news. Terrible challenge

greenteam
02-03-2011, 06:24 PM
watched a few times, sure that foul on stack was meant...
Sodje looks great and our wide play was even better. What an improvement on a few weeks ago.Well done CC, always keep the faith :flag:

Pretty Boy
02-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Didn't make the game last night but good to see Sodje playing a part in the build up to both goals and obviously scoring the first. Looks like he's better than a few gave him credit for.

Cracking save by Smith as well.

TRC
02-03-2011, 06:32 PM
anyone see hanlonsrage when we lost the goal thats what i like to see from a captain rather than dejection!

--------
02-03-2011, 06:39 PM
Just saw it on the news. Terrible challenge

Don't like the foul, don't like McLaughlin's attitude afterwards. He looks at Stack, sees him down, back-heels the ball, then trots away. No concern at all that I can see. Looks personal?

Saorsa
02-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Just saw it on the news. Terrible challenge:agree: Absolutely nae intention of playing the ball IMO.

truehibernian
02-03-2011, 06:44 PM
Don't like the foul, don't like McLaughlin's attitude afterwards. He looks at Stack, sees him down, back-heels the ball, then trots away. No concern at all that I can see. Looks personal?

Funny you mention that Doddie, I don't think it was linked, but when Stacky was warming up and practicing his dead ball kicking to the touchline, a couple of his kicks went sailing into the main stand. I am sure that Stacky even meant one to be honest........in a mischievous way. A couple of the Hamilton players warming up did seem to take umbrage.......couldn't see if he was one of them. :confused:

--------
02-03-2011, 06:54 PM
Funny you mention that Doddie, I don't think it was linked, but when Stacky was warming up and practicing his dead ball kicking to the touchline, a couple of his kicks went sailing into the main stand. I am sure that Stacky even meant one to be honest........in a mischievous way. A couple of the Hamilton players warming up did seem to take umbrage.......couldn't see if he was one of them. :confused:

Sheesh! GS punts a couple of balls at the directors' box, so the centre-half tries to cripple him? :bitchy:

Wotherspiniesta
02-03-2011, 07:01 PM
anyone see hanlonsrage when we lost the goal thats what i like to see from a captain rather than dejection!

I was just going to comment on that. Thats what a clean sheet means to him. Good to see.

Also great play from Wotherspoon for the goals. Picking a great weighted ball to Towell then equally as good a ball for Deeks.

Even from the short highlights you can see the team playing with more confidence. Long may it continue! :flag:

truehibernian
02-03-2011, 07:10 PM
I was just going to comment on that. Thats what a clean sheet means to him. Good to see.

Also great play from Wotherspoon for the goals. Picking a great weighted ball to Towell then equally as good a ball for Deeks.

Even from the short highlights you can see the team playing with more confidence. Long may it continue! :flag:

It was superb to see DW involved in both goals (oh and Sodje too by the way). There were a few fans giving DW a hard time for his touch early on, but one thing about DW is he never ever hides and always gives his all.

I honestly think that CC has helped his game by just being a calm influence rather than shout at him like a banshee. Played a wee tad too high up the pitch first 20 minutes yesterday for me, but certainly had a major influence on the game's best bits. His crossing has improved tenfold too.

FromTheCapital
02-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Good save from Smith but that McLaughlin is a fat dirty bassa...

:cgwa :cgwa :cgwa :cgwa

hibees59
02-03-2011, 08:23 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9412175.stm

Iggy Pope
02-03-2011, 08:51 PM
I think that's a horrible challenge on Stack and McLaughlin knows exactly what he's doing.

hibsbollah
02-03-2011, 08:54 PM
I think that's a horrible challenge on Stack and McLaughlin knows exactly what he's doing.

:agree:Totally. Hopefully we dont forget Mr McLaughlin in April when he comes to Easter Road.

Iggy Pope
02-03-2011, 09:03 PM
:agree:Totally. Hopefully we dont forget Mr McLaughlin in April when he comes to Easter Road.

Not a lot seems to have been made about it though. 2 footed lunges get red cards, damage done to opponent or not. Sneaky cynicism like that last night gets nowt but wreak's havoc with Stack's season.

The_Sauz
02-03-2011, 11:12 PM
Simon Ford done the same to Maka at Ruby park, but everybody started blaming Maka for spilling the ball for Kille to score the winning goal.

Removed
03-03-2011, 12:01 AM
Simon Ford done the same to Maka at Ruby park, but everybody started blaming Maka for spilling the ball for Kille to score the winning goal.

Not everybody :wink:

brydekirk
03-03-2011, 12:32 AM

TornadoHibby
03-03-2011, 08:33 AM
Well, McLaughlin was nowhere near the ball and followed through when Stack had both feet off the ground. And he was looking at Stack, not the ball, as far as I can make out.

Looks deliberate.

Agreed and so very obvious to anyone who is familiar with professional football! :agree:

Wonder why so many referees seem to miss stuff like this which, if committed on the street, would very often result in a prison sentence for the perpitrator!? :confused: :wink:

The_Sauz
03-03-2011, 02:33 PM
I was taking more about the media than on here, although a few on here did at the time it was mentioned over the radio :agree:

--------
03-03-2011, 02:39 PM

No indeed.

The trick with a foul like this is to hit the keeper while he's in the air, both feet off the ground. That way he has no way of resisting the impact and no way of avoiding falling very heavily, as Stack did there.

McLaughlin timed his run perfectly and clearly didn't care at all whether he had done serious damage. If Stack hadn't managed to fall on his shoulder (painful and dangerous enough) and had fallen on his head, he might be dead now.

I REALLY hope Hamilton get tanked every game between now and the end of the season.

The_Sauz
03-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Agreed and so very obvious to anyone who is familiar with professional football! :agree:

Wonder why so many referees seem to miss stuff like this which, if committed on the street, would very often result in a prison sentence for the perpitrator!? :confused: :wink:
It should be classed as violent conduct, as keepers can get some real serious injuries from cheap hits like that whilst in mid air.

That was Kris Boyd's favourite trick when he was playing for Rangers

--------
03-03-2011, 04:39 PM
It should be classed as violent conduct, as keepers can get some real serious injuries from cheap hits like that whilst in mid air.

That was Kris Boyd's favourite trick when he was playing for Rangers

Unless I'm mistaken, if a rugby player takes his man out like this - both feet off the ground, I mean - he's likely to find himself in the sin bin?

Precisely because it's so dangerous?

lapsedhibee
03-03-2011, 04:51 PM
The referee was an international cricket player

That'll be why it was ok for McLaughlin to bowl Stacka over.

Hamish
03-03-2011, 07:54 PM
Was that not a pen in the first half for the foul on Booth:dunno:

Hamish
03-03-2011, 07:54 PM

and your point is?. George was the Scotland captain for a long time and has worked his way through the referee ranks like the rest of them.

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-03-2011, 08:11 PM
I thought we were terribly clumsy at times at the back but got to be happy with the 3 points

WindyMiller
03-03-2011, 08:40 PM

That happened at the opposite end to us, but it was still clear to see from there.
It was covered on the highlights show but just skimmed over.