PDA

View Full Version : NHC Pilgrims Face Administration

Dashing Bob S
02-03-2011, 01:55 PM
The latest club to run into financial difficulties.

Peter Risdale is currently advising them.

Why do clubs do this? Why not go the full hog and have Rixy taking your young teenagers away for a weekends camping?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/p/plymouth_argyle/9411804.stm

--------
02-03-2011, 02:22 PM
The latest club to run into financial difficulties.

Peter Risdale is currently advising them.

Why do clubs do this? Why not go the full hog and have Rixy taking your young teenagers away for a weekends camping?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/p/plymouth_argyle/9411804.stm

This was mentioned on The League Show on Saturday evening, Bob.

Risdale as financial adviser and white knight. :rolleyes:

How many clubs has Risdale run into the ground so far?

Ryan91
02-03-2011, 02:32 PM
According to the Beeb Risdale has said he can no longer work with the club's board. Looks like they could be heading toward the brink

greenlex
02-03-2011, 02:36 PM
They have never been the same financially since Blobby left. He sinlge handedly kept their main sponsor going who in turn kept the club financially stable.

RIP
02-03-2011, 03:24 PM
This decade will see more clubs going bust than any other. The P&L is going to take precedence over everything else.

You have 2 choices. Either be owned by a financially secure m/billionannaire or live within your means

How many SPL clubs have been subsidised by the personal wealth of their owners?

WindyMiller
02-03-2011, 04:02 PM
They have never been the same financially since Blobby left. He sinlge handedly kept their main sponsor going who in turn kept the club financially stable.

https://signup.weightwatchers.co.uk/SignupVersions/Online/StepOne.aspx

WindyMiller
02-03-2011, 04:04 PM
I think we may see the first big (potentially) club go under.

blackpoolhibs
02-03-2011, 04:08 PM

Nice to fleetingly meet you last night Windy.:thumbsup:

WindyMiller
02-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Nice to fleetingly meet you last night Windy.:thumbsup:

And you mate! Hope you got home alright this time, and the phone's no in the fridge.:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
02-03-2011, 04:12 PM
And you mate! Hope you got home alright this time, and the phone's no in the fridge.:greengrin

:greengrin Home just after 12, virtually a home game is Hamilton. :greengrin

Bristolhibby
02-03-2011, 04:27 PM

I hope not, a colleague of mine is a big Plymouth fan.

I do feel sorry for the fans, but perhaps a shock to football clubs is needed. I thought Pompey were going to be that shock. Plymouth may well be the shock.

A strong message saying "Clubs you NEED to live within your means"!

J

WindyMiller
02-03-2011, 04:34 PM
:greengrin Home just after 12, virtually a home game is Hamilton. :greengrin
:thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
02-03-2011, 04:36 PM
I hope not, a colleague of mine is a big Plymouth fan.

I do feel sorry for the fans, but perhaps a shock to football clubs is needed. I thought Pompey were going to be that shock. Plymouth may well be the shock.

A strong message saying "Clubs you NEED to live within your means"!

J

I think the real issue in Britain is that the authorities don't have the spine to regulate football. They'll wait till the next club is mismanaged and wag their fingers and do nothing. PAFC will be back in some firm or other, their fan base is too big for them not to be at least reconstituted even if it means some time in the footballing backwaters.

American pro sports have wage ceilings which makes for healthy competition. Of course their are creative ways around it but you still get more unpredictability than here, where no team outside Glasgow can win the League or south, where no team outside London or Manchester can.

WindyMiller
02-03-2011, 04:44 PM
I think the real issue in Britain is that the authorities don't have the spine to regulate football. They'll wait till the next club is mismanaged and wag their fingers and do nothing. PAFC will be back in some firm or other, their fan base is too big for them not to be at least reconstituted even if it means some time in the footballing backwaters.

American pro sports have wage ceilings which makes for healthy competition. Of course their are creative ways around it but you still get more unpredictability than here, where no team outside Glasgow can win the League or south, where no team outside London or Manchester can.

A wage ceiling would stop the likes of Dundee paying (even now) more than the Division can sustain.Whether that would make any difference to the O.F. though?

truehibernian
02-03-2011, 04:46 PM

That one put a wee smile on may face.......liked that one greenlex :greengrin