PDA

View Full Version : Travel from Perth to McDiarmid?

MB62
02-03-2011, 11:26 AM
A few of us are thinking about going to the game on Saturday by Train. I have only ever been to McDiarmid by car before and was wondering what the transport is like getting from the town centre to the game.
Are there plenty buses or is it a taxi job, or how long, approx, would it take to walk it ?

Given our advancing years, walking might not be an option :wink: :greengrin

OtterHibee
02-03-2011, 12:25 PM
No idea about buses but if memory serves me correctly it's around a 2.5 mile walk so approx 30-40 minutes.

PerthHibee
02-03-2011, 12:30 PM
If you go to Mill Street in Perth (where the cinema is) and hop on a number 2 bus you get right to McDiarmid. Ots only a couple of miles walk though but its tricky to describe the way

iwasthere1972
02-03-2011, 12:32 PM
A few of us are thinking about going to the game on Saturday by Train. I have only ever been to McDiarmid by car before and was wondering what the transport is like getting from the town centre to the game.
Are there plenty buses or is it a taxi job, or how long, approx, would it take to walk it ?

Given our advancing years, walking might not be an option :wink: :greengrin

Might help.

http://www.scottishgrounds.co.uk/st_johnstone.htm#How To Get There By Car & Where To Park

Jump in a taxi. Won't cost much if a few of you are sharing.

Cancel that - just noticed you're younger than me - walk you lazy bassa the exercise will do you good. :greengrin

MB62
02-03-2011, 12:33 PM
If you go to Mill Street in Perth (where the cinema is) and hop on a number 2 bus you get right to McDiarmid. Ots only a couple of miles walk though but its tricky to describe the way

Thanks for that. Sounds like a taxi might be the game for us auld yins :greengrin

RIP
02-03-2011, 12:51 PM
Happy to confirm that it's a taxi job - no a walk job

Gogs
Perth Paul Kanos Branch of the HSA :greengrin

StevieC
02-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Taxi or bus, it's a fair hike.

:agree: