PDA

View Full Version : Players Ratings v Accies

Davy Mac
01-03-2011, 10:04 PM
Stack 6 - Great save early on, looked a sore one - keep our fingers crossed

Towell 9 - Really impressed, quick as well, great first half - pick of the bunch MOM
Booth 8 - Superb first half, quieter second - looks the real deal
Dickoh 6 - Outmuscled at times, sluggish distribution but reads the game well
Hanlon 7 - Excellent, loved it when he got crunched but just got up - fantastic!

Miller 5 - Midfield out fought tonight with Miller not looking that interested
Pallson 6 - Mature beyond his age, quietish but ruthlessly effective. Future star
Scott 5 - Again, didn't really get into the game, game passed him by a wee bit
Wothers 7 - Crossing a bit iffy but didnae give up - well done

Deeks 6 - Talisman popped up for the winner, one of our own:greengrin
Sodje 7 - Super first half then banjoed, good fitba brain

Smith 7 - Fantastic save to deny certain goal, did suprsingly well
Murray 6 - Fitted in seamlessly, looks a bit happier too
Duffy 2 - No time

Calderwood 7 - Excellent CC, keep up the good work
Fans 8 - Good turnout, heard some golden oldies - missed all that
Ref 2 - Fudley

hfc rd
01-03-2011, 10:12 PM
Stack 6 - Great save early on, looked a sore one - keep our fingers crossed

Towell 9 - Really impressed, quick as well, great first half - pick of the bunch MOM
Booth 8 - Superb first half, quieter second - looks the real deal
Dickoh 6 - Outmuscled at times, sluggish distribution but reads the game well
Hanlon 7 - Excellent, loved it when he got crunched but just got up - fantastic!

Miller 5 - Midfield out fought tonight with Miller not looking that interested
Pallson 6 - Mature beyond his age, quietish but ruthlessly effective. Future star
Scott 5 - Again, didn't really get into the game, game passed him by a wee bit
Wothers 7 - Crossing a bit iffy but didnae give up - well done

Deeks 6 - Talisman popped up for the winner, one of our own:greengrin
Sodje 7 - Super first half then banjoed, good fitba brain

Smith 7 - Fantastic save to deny certain goal, did suprsingly well
Murray 6 - Fitted in seamlessly, looks a bit happier too
Duffy 2 - No time

Calderwood 7 - Excellent CC, keep up the good work
Fans 8 - Good turnout, heard some golden oldies - missed all that
Ref 2 - Fudley

Sign him up CC! He is the type of RB we need. Anyways good ratings their Davy Mac.

Scooter
01-03-2011, 10:20 PM
Stack 5
Towel 6
Hanlon 6
Dickoh 5
Booth 6

Palsson 4
Scott 3
Miller 3
Wortherspoon 5

Sodji 5 the goal bumps him up
Deek 5 much better after he scored

Smith 4
Murray 4

We were terrible tonight great result but I thought we were murder

truehibernian
01-03-2011, 10:27 PM
Definitely wouldn't say we were anywhere near murder.

Solid, professional performance. Lots of energy and endeavour IMHO.

Looked a tad vulnerable from set pieces tonight but in the main defended well and threw bodies at the ball. Booth excellent first half, Towell superb throughout. Palsson for me was strangely below par, Scott just never stops running.....full of much needed energy and dig when we needed it. Sodje drifted out the game second half but he did a power of work first half, as at times he seemed to be our only out ball. Hanlon was superb second half.

There were times when we did the hard part in winning the ball, yet conceded easy possession again, treating the ball like a hot tattie.

Magnificent 3 points, wee mention for Smith's two saves which were crucial. Yes he looks suspect at crosses, but his save on the line was immense. If the crowd as a whole got behind him his confidence would grow and he would improve.

Referee.......atrocious for both sides. The time when Cerny tried to take a free kick, and twice threw the ball back to a forward position despite being told was worthy of a yellow. Definite pen for me on Booth, also I thought Sodje had a claim second half. And the far side linesman needs his Weetabix, as he was never up with play. Flagged a couple of offsides that were an impossibility to be offside from where he was standing.

Solid if unspectacular. Can't wait to unleash the Vaz Te on Saintees :agree:

Albion Hibs
01-03-2011, 10:36 PM
Stack 6

Towell 8
Booth 7
Dickoh 7
Hanlon 8

Miller 6
Pallson 5
Scott 5
Wotherspoon 6

Deeks 6
Sodje 7

Subs
Smith 5
Murray 5
Duffy 2

First have we were very good and at times passed the ball better than I have seen us do all season, which is good considering performances in Hamilton are typically are pretty scrappy. Second half we were not as good, and probably got drawn into a bit of a scrappy fight which suited them more. Overall I think we did enough to deserve all three points.

Biggest concern is stacks injury. There was a thread earlier in the week about which signing has made the biggest difference, I think the reality is Stack has made the biggest difference to our recent results. He makes a huge difference to the confidence of the team and the support. I really hope he is back for Saturday.

All in all delighted with tonights efforts a great support for a Tuesday night in that dump, considering there was a game on tv which people could have opted to watch.

West Upper
01-03-2011, 10:53 PM
Stack 5
Towel 6
Hanlon 6
Dickoh 5
Booth 6

Palsson 4
Scott 3
Miller 3
Wortherspoon 5

Sodji 5 the goal bumps him up
Deek 5 much better after he scored

Smith 4
Murray 4

We were terrible tonight great result but I thought we were murder

We were bad second half but bit harsh ratings, i thought Towell and Hanlon had a very good game.

The_Horde
02-03-2011, 01:44 AM
Stack 7 for cracking save, hope he's not out long.

Towell 9 cracking performance, got up and down and has a great understanding with Wotherspoon.

Dickoh 7 solid tonight, proving me wrong weekly.

Hanlon 7 again solid and improving each match.

Booth 6 brilliant first half but faded in the second

Wotherspoon 8 covered every blade of grass and was classy on the ball, especially good first half.

Scott 7 brilliant first 45 and his energy and commitment sets an.example for the team. Not bad on the ball too!

Palsson 6 steady enough, not as good as previous performances but no major errors

Miller 6 grafted hard, few nice touches and kept it simple.

Riordan 6 quiet game but well taken goal, some fierce drives that had the keeper scrambling.

Sodje 7 battled hard, held the ball up well and well taken goal also.

Subs

Smith 7 for the two saves

Murray 6 steady as ever, good reading of the game.

Duffy n/a

hibiedude
02-03-2011, 07:05 AM
Iv'e said it many times...Towell has been superb for us and last night he was MOTM by a mile.

I would love to see this guy sign for us instead of until the end of the season.

Hibby Bairn
02-03-2011, 07:09 AM
Radio ratings!!!

Heard the words....Booth, Miller, Riordan, Scott, Wotherspoon, Towell a lot in the first half. Booth in particular seemed to see a lot of the play.

Second half it seemed to be Hanlon, Dickho, Palsson, Smith and 'corner'. Seemed to run out of energy a bit or got involved in a scrap.

But another great 3 pts. Remember that a lot of these guys are very young and as a team have only been together for about 4 weeks. Great effort by all and CC has worked wonders.

blackpoolhibs
02-03-2011, 08:54 AM
Stack 6
Towell 9
Dickoh 7
Hanlon 9
Booth 7
Scott 7
Miller 7
Palsson 7
Wotherspoon 7
Riordan 6
Sodje 6

I thought the back 4 were very good, and Scott was superb in the 1st half, would have been MOM if he'd carried that on into the 2nd. Up front i thought we were average, yet both scored. Thats all we want i suppose. :greengrin

Hamilton took the game by the scruff of the neck after the break, and our midfield did not create much going forward, but defended well and got some decent tackles in, rather than just run along side their player like we did earlier in the season.

Smith 5, made one superb save, and scooped the ball away from the net in another, but his attempt at punching crosses are woeful, and you can see the defence have no faith in him, and neither do the fans.

Murray 5 came on and did very little.

Duffy 2 not on long enough to make any contribution.

Overall a good win, for me the MOM was between Hanlon and Towell, with Towell just shading it.

BEEJ
02-03-2011, 12:08 PM
Definitely wouldn't say we were anywhere near murder.

Solid, professional performance. Lots of energy and endeavour IMHO.

Looked a tad vulnerable from set pieces tonight but in the main defended well and threw bodies at the ball. Booth excellent first half, Towell superb throughout. Palsson for me was strangely below par, Scott just never stops running.....full of much needed energy and dig when we needed it. Sodje drifted out the game second half but he did a power of work first half, as at times he seemed to be our only out ball. Hanlon was superb second half.

There were times when we did the hard part in winning the ball, yet conceded easy possession again, treating the ball like a hot tattie.

Magnificent 3 points, wee mention for Smith's two saves which were crucial. Yes he looks suspect at crosses, but his save on the line was immense. If the crowd as a whole got behind him his confidence would grow and he would improve.

Referee.......atrocious for both sides.

Solid if unspectacular. Can't wait to unleash the Vaz Te on Saintees :agree:
:agree: Excellent summary of the match.

This was never going to be a match for the footballing connoisseurs. Accies squeezed the game much more in the second half so 20 players confined to one third of the pitch makes it difficult to get the ball down and pass.

But we managed the problem and came away with three points from a ground where we have struggled in the past.

Overall a good win, for me the MOM was between Hanlon and Towell, with Towell just shading it.
:agree:

(As an aside I greatly appreciated Hanlon's obvious frustration when we conceded that last minute goal. It shows the level of professionalism and passion that we need our team Captain to have.)

:flag: