PDA

View Full Version : Ok - 31 points five to play before split...

Liberal Hibby
01-03-2011, 10:31 PM
...can we sneak the last place in the top 6?

Does anyone have the stats for the usual number of points won by 6th at the split? My gut feeling is that 40 would be neccessary meaning three more wins would see us there.

ancient hibee
01-03-2011, 10:33 PM
Motherwell beating Celtic has probably done for us.

mim
01-03-2011, 10:39 PM

Does anyone have the stats for the usual number of points won by 6th at the split? My gut feeling is that 40 would be neccessary meaning three more wins would see us there.

40 won't be enough, imho

Dundee Utd have 34 points now, with 8 games to the split.
Motherwell have 37 points with 5 games to the split
Killie have 39 points with 6 games to the split.

I can't see us catching any of these teams unless we win all of our remaining games.

erin go bragh
01-03-2011, 10:41 PM

motherwell on 37pts,were on 31pts , so cant see 40pts being enough tbh .
utd on 34pts with 3 games in hand , so id say we have to win 4 or maybe even 5 out of our last 5 to get there . big big ask but you never no .
ggtth

HibeeDaz6270
01-03-2011, 10:42 PM
With Motherwell on 37points and Dundee Utd on 34(8games left ) I think it will take more than 40points. For us to be in with a shout. I think we need to pick up 12points.

Purehibee_MYB
01-03-2011, 10:44 PM
If we beat Celtic I'll believe we can do it!

Westie1875
01-03-2011, 10:53 PM
If we beat Celtic I'll believe we can do it!

We need to take care of the Perth Saints first :wink::greengrin

hfc rd
01-03-2011, 10:56 PM
I think we need to win our next five games and hope that Motherwell, Dundee United and Inverness drop points. However can the likes of Dundee United and cope with so many games and it will just be a matter of time before fatigue kicks kicks in. Lets not forget they are still in the Scottish Cup so therefore are going to get even more shattered.

Billy Whizz
01-03-2011, 11:00 PM
Motherwell's last 5 games are,
Inverness away
Kilmarnock away
Aberdeen Home
Dundee Utd Home
Hearts away

We really need to take each game as it comes!

Kevvy1875
01-03-2011, 11:08 PM
Sadly I think we will run out of games. Pity because the extra finance would have been handy. I hope the board have a contingency plan and come up with some more initiative's to offset this a little.

If I am right then our aim should be to have a strong finish to the season whilst building towards next season and perhaps seeing if the Likes of the borderline squad members such as McCann, Byrne, Stevenson and others have a future at Hibs.

lucky
01-03-2011, 11:21 PM
Just going to fall short. Motherwell beating the wee greens probably sealed our fate. I think 43 /44 points is going to be required. Which means beating the PBS dwellers and getting a draw at darkheid. But you just never know

Alex Trager
01-03-2011, 11:34 PM
40 won't be enough, imho

I can't see us catching any of these teams unless we win all of our remaining games.
BUT it goes only on the games played before the split SO if Dundee utd dont play all there games before it and we're above them we get in....

And i have a bet on hibs to finish in top six worth three hundred and sixty four pounds fifty

Removed
01-03-2011, 11:43 PM
Sadly I think we will run out of games. Pity because the extra finance would have been handy. I hope the board have a contingency plan and come up with some more initiative's to offset this a little.

The increase in ST prices for the disabled and kids 12 and over will help there :agree:

scoopyboy
01-03-2011, 11:47 PM
BUT it goes only on the games played before the split SO if Dundee utd dont play all there games before it and we're above them we get in....

And i have a bet on hibs to finish in top six worth three hundred and sixty four pounds fifty

if Utd haven't played all their games and aren't guaranteed top six then the split may well be put back.

No chance they will miss the split because they haven't played enough games.

Alex Trager
01-03-2011, 11:48 PM
if Utd haven't played all their games and aren't guaranteed top six then the split may well be put back.

No chance they will miss the split because they haven't played enough games.
Rangers once played st mirren away after the split....

Greentinted
01-03-2011, 11:50 PM

Maybe I'm picking you up wrong but as far as I know, the split can't happen unless all requisite fixtures are fulfilled. Its not like you can carry games in hand over indefinately as that would kinda defeat the object.
At least that's how I understand it.

IWasThere2016
01-03-2011, 11:50 PM

That cannot be right surely .. Pee masel' if it happened but I don't see it 'appening.

scoopyboy
01-03-2011, 11:53 PM
Rangers once played st mirren away after the split....

Correct but it had no bearing on the split.

Rangers were guaranteed to be top six and St.Mirren couldn't make it.

Trust me if we are above Dundee Utd after we have played 33 games and they have say only played 31 then they will be allowed to play the games.

It could be interesting though, I'll give you that.

basehibby
02-03-2011, 01:04 AM
Motherwell's last 5 games are,
Inverness away
Kilmarnock away
Aberdeen Home
Dundee Utd Home
Hearts away

We really need to take each game as it comes!

If Motherwell get any more than 7 points from that lot then Hibs will need to win all 5 games to have any chance of overtaking them.

Going on their points average this season 7 points may be exactly what they get - in which case we'd maybe squeak through on 4 wins and a draw, but would likely need to dish out a couple of tankings to make up the goal difference.

The only other hope is that any one of Motherwell/Dundee Utd/Killie go on an almighty turkey of a run in which case we might just squeeze through by a baw hair on 42 or 43 points - only 11 points out of 15 needed to have a hope in hell then - surely no problem at all for......

:flag::cgwa:flag::cgwa:flag:

ronaldo7
02-03-2011, 08:02 AM
We'll be bottom 6 this year. Too many teams with games in hand and more points than us. It's a pity they didn't get some form pre Christmas as that would have helped us.

If we get top 6 I'll start a song from the West:wink:

Danderhall Hibs
02-03-2011, 08:12 AM
Correct but it had no bearing on the split.

Rangers were guaranteed to be top six and St.Mirren couldn't make it.

Trust me if we are above Dundee Utd after we have played 33 games and they have say only played 31 then they will be allowed to play the games.

It could be interesting though, I'll give you that.

That’s what I thought – if teams are in different sides of the split the fixture can be carried forward but if United were 2 games short prior to the split they couldn’t just put the whole league on hold while they tried to play catch up. Could they? You'd have 10 teams sitting about waiting on the games being played?

They might make them play 3 games in 3 days or something which could be of benefit to us?!

There must be something in the rules?

mjhibby
02-03-2011, 08:23 AM
40 won't be enough, imho

Motherwells recent run has probably put an end to our top six hopes and few would have thought they would have got 6 points from pittodrie and against celtic.They desrve to be top six as do killie.For us to have any chance we will probably need 13 points from our last four games which is a big ask to say the least.The fixtures are tough apart from Hamilton at home and include the saintees away(where of course we dont have a good record),hertz at home(winnable)dons away which will be a tough game going by the hertz highlights.Also celtic away when the title race is so close means no decisions for us at parkhead.It is frustrating that we didnt start to pick up points a few games earlier but given where we have come form 5 games ago a much brighter future lies ahead.
As some people have said it would probably be better to play bottom six and pick up a few wins to carry on into next season.The big loss of the top six is financial but with only one big home game probably left(celtic)then we arent going to lose as much as we would have done normally.Right now its good being a hibby again and if we dont make the top six thats not going to change that.

sunshine1875
02-03-2011, 08:29 AM
This may be an odd thing for a Hibs supporter to say, but I am not bothered about the top six. In the last five games we have got a bit of momentum, but we are miles away from where we should be and I think CC knows this.

I would rather keep winning the games we should win St.J, Hertz and Hamilton and continue that after the split against the bottom six (three games at home) and get some of the young guys in. Build confidence for next season and get some reinforcements and hopefully start next season on the front foot.

Hibs07p
02-03-2011, 09:25 AM
A lot of points to be won and lost between the teams 4th to 10th who have a few games against each other. Who knows?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/fixtures/default.stm

Hibeesb0unc3
02-03-2011, 09:34 AM
nah don't personally think it is possible, we have a slim chance if we win our 5 remaining games but even then that might not be enough. Plus our goal difference is -14 and most top six teams we can catch only have a goal difference of about -3. so this means we have to finish a point above the team as our goal difference is so bad

RoYO!
02-03-2011, 10:14 AM
Just need to win two more games than Motherwell.

Oh and hope they get beat the other games.

Oh and there's the goal difference...

Kinda talking myself out of this :) chance though

Sas_The_Hibby
02-03-2011, 10:21 AM

:bitchy: I know the split's crazy, but it's not quite THAT crazy! :wink:

The split's not a specific point in time, it's the point at which all teams have played 33 games.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-03-2011, 10:21 AM
I am happy enough that this is still a live and credible discussion. Have a feeling though that in the coming weeks, the threads will be more about how to we approach the bottom six fixtures.

Sas_The_Hibby
02-03-2011, 10:26 AM
This may be an odd thing for a Hibs supporter to say, but I am not bothered about the top six. In the last five games we have got a bit of momentum, but we are miles away from where we should be and I think CC knows this.

I would rather keep winning the games we should win St.J, Hertz and Hamilton and continue that after the split against the bottom six (three games at home) and get some of the young guys in. Build confidence for next season and get some reinforcements and hopefully start next season on the front foot.

:agree: Outside of the financial considerations, I see no benefit in squeezing into the top six. Even if, by some miracle, we squeezed into Europe, I'm not sure that would be very useful to us at this point of (I hope) major restructuring of the team.

Ultimately I think this debate will be a hypothetical one anyway, i.e. I doubt we'll make it.

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Motherwells recent run has probably put an end to our top six hopes and few would have thought they would have got 6 points from pittodrie and against celtic.They desrve to be top six as do killie.For us to have any chance we will probably need 13 points from our last four games which is a big ask to say the least.The fixtures are tough apart from Hamilton at home and include the saintees away(where of course we dont have a good record),hertz at home(winnable)dons away which will be a tough game going by the hertz highlights.Also celtic away when the title race is so close means no decisions for us at parkhead.It is frustrating that we didnt start to pick up points a few games earlier but given where we have come form 5 games ago a much brighter future lies ahead.
As some people have said it would probably be better to play bottom six and pick up a few wins to carry on into next season.The big loss of the top six is financial but with only one big home game probably left(celtic)then we arent going to lose as much as we would have done normally.Right now its good being a hibby again and if we dont make the top six thats not going to change that.

Certainly is...:greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
02-03-2011, 10:32 AM
Certainly is...:greengrin

Typical defeatism! :greengrin

francobaresi
02-03-2011, 10:38 AM
Before this winning spree I would have been happy just to stay in the SPL. Not too fussed about top six this year; consoidate our position, rack up a load more wins in the bottom half; get the confidence up & come on stage all guns blazing next year...

ggtth

Keith_M
02-03-2011, 10:40 AM
It's a very slim chance but not a disaster if we don't make it.

Looking at where we were just a month ago, we all would have been delighted to finish 11th. The first part of CCs job is almost done, keep Hibs up. IMHO, just building up momentum is enough of a target now, getting the players used to the winning feeling. The next part is building the team for next season.

I just hope that when Hibs next lose that the D&Gers don't come out from under their rocks to tell everybody 'told you so'. Mainly, though, I hope that the players react to it properly and that the 'dropped shoulders' reaction to a defeat is a thing of the past.

Hamish
02-03-2011, 10:50 AM
It's a very slim chance but not a disaster if we don't make it.

Looking at where we were just a month ago, we all would have been delighted to finish 11th. The first part of CCs job is almost done, keep Hibs up. IMHO, just building up momentum is enough of a target now, getting the players used to the winning feeling. The next part is building the team for next season.

I just hope that when Hibs next lose that the D&Gers don't come out from under their rocks to tell everybody 'told you so'. Mainly, though, I hope that the players react to it properly and that the 'dropped shoulders' reaction to a defeat is a thing of the past.

:agree: CC has learnt a lot about his players over the past few months. He will learn a great deal more when we are next beaten and how the players react in the next game.

The lack of games in March apart from the Saints and Green Bigots games doesn't help continuity either. Think he might try to fix up a friendly? Perhaps an English Premiership team out of the FA Cup and not in Europe:dunno:

aberhibsfc
02-03-2011, 11:24 AM
We'll be bottom 6 this year. Too many teams with games in hand and more points than us. It's a pity they didn't get some form pre Christmas as that would have helped us.

If we get top 6 I'll start a song from the West:wink:

That's pure fantasy crazy talk.

Hamish
02-03-2011, 11:30 AM
Have to be loud to be heard over the barley sugar wrappers:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
02-03-2011, 12:05 PM
:bitchy: I know the split's crazy, but it's not quite THAT crazy! :wink:

The split's not a specific point in time, it's the point at which all teams have played 33 games.

But all game's have to be played by a specific date. What is that date and what happens if Dundee United haven't played them all by then?

--------
02-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Before this winning spree I would have been happy just to stay in the SPL. Not too fussed about top six this year; consoidate our position, rack up a load more wins in the bottom half; get the confidence up & come on stage all guns blazing next year...

ggtth

:agree:

Listening to CC talking to Chic Young after the game last night, it was clear to me that HE knows that we're nowhere near what we should be. He came over as very sober, very level-headed.

He was also very clear that the time has come when some of the players need a break; he was hinting very strongly that some of the guys who were on the bench last night might very well play on Saturday.

I think he said something like, "It's a club thing more than a team thing" - and if he does change things around a bit, we'll know for sure how far we've come - or not come. What IS certain is that we need to get past the place where an injury to one or two players can seriously damage the team.

Building a first eleven is relatively easy compared to building a squad where players can drop out and be replaced without detriment to the playing standards. That's what CC seems to me to be aiming for - and he's right.

CY asked him about the top 6 - answer was that the game is about dealing with "the next game". My view is that if we make the top half (and it'll take a miraculous run of results for us to do so, IMO), that'll be a bonus.

If we don't, no great damage, since we're making sure of our place in the SPL and CC's beginning the work of rebuilding not just the team but the squad on what appears to me to be a sensible professional basis.

Stevie Reid
02-03-2011, 12:27 PM
The goalkeeping issue is one that will guarantee that our very slim hopes of a top 6 finish are over I believe, but maybe that will be no bad thing - that would give CC the chance to blood some youngsters and play Divis when fit, with no real pressure. The last time we finished in the bottom six we saw the best of the golden generation shortly after.

To be honest, (and I hate to sound defeatist) I think we are better off staying out of the top 6 this year - Rangers and Celtic will be going at it hammer and tongs, and a defeat at Tynie to them would just exemplify huge gulf between us this year in a very sore way. The top 6 record that we had under Mixu undoubtedly had a negative effect on the subsequent close season feeling/mood, and I could see us struggling if we were to make it this year.

I obviously wouldn't complain if we were to get there but as many others have stated, I would've accpeted just staying in the league at the start of Feb. I'm just delighted that my considerable doubts about CC's ability were completely wrong - and I've never been so delighted to be wrong. Long way to go, but the change in feeling around ER in the last month has been briliant.

Frazerbob
02-03-2011, 12:38 PM
Top 6 does not equal a succesful season. It has wrongly become the maeasure of a good or bad season since the split started. If we finish 6th it is not good enough. Top 4 should be our ambition, nothing less.

Having said that, coming from the depths we plumited, I'd be delighted to finish 6th and it would be a decent reflection on CC. It would mean more cash for RP via SPL prize money any and bigger crowds.

To be honest, my main concern now is beating Hearts in a few weeks. The thought of going through the season without beating them is unbearable. If we miss out on top 6 then fine, it'll give us 5 extra pre-season friendlies to ready ourselves for next season. The goal a couple of weeks ago was survival.

steakbake
02-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Top 6 does not equal a succesful season. It has wrongly become the maeasure of a good or bad season since the split started. If we finish 6th it is not good enough. Top 4 should be our ambition, nothing less.

Having said that, coming from the depths we plumited, I'd be delighted to finish 6th and it would be a decent reflection on CC. It would mean more cash for RP via SPL prize money any and bigger crowds.

To be honest, my main concern now is beating Hearts in a few weeks. The thought of going through the season without beating them is unbearable. If we miss out on top 6 then fine, it'll give us 5 extra pre-season friendlies to ready ourselves for next season. The goal a couple of weeks ago was survival.

Absolutely. :agree:

A few weeks ago, we were looking over our shoulders and considering what life might be like in the 1st Division. For this season, I think we'd do well to have gone from just a few points off relegation to being the best of the bottom 6.

Next season is where we need to look to. For that reason, I've just applied for my first ever season ticket! :aok:

Greentinted
02-03-2011, 01:25 PM
But all game's have to be played by a specific date. What is that date and what happens if Dundee United haven't played them all by then?

Is there a Showumni based parallel narrative going on in this thread? :greengrin :devil:

rightwinger
02-03-2011, 02:01 PM
Realistically, we will need to beat St Johns on Saturday, Aberdeen away, Hamilton and Hearts at home to have chance. Our other game is Celtic away which we will probably lose.

As others have suggested, I reckon 43 points will be the minimum mark for us, with Motherwell probably our best target.

We have a chance, which is more than we thought we'd have a month ago. Best just to take each game as it comes starting with Saturday.

We've never won 6 in a row in the top league for a good 35 years anyway. There's been a few scunners in that regard recently:

2000 - Killie at home - Paul Wright equalises in 85 mins with a left foot volley from 20 yards!

2002 - Hearts at home - the game where they turned it round in last five minutes to win 2-1

2005 - Falkirk at home - 2-0 up at half-time and lost 3-2.

So we'd making a bit of history if we won on Saturday and that's as far as we should look IMO.

iwasthere1972
02-03-2011, 02:07 PM
The question is

Is it better to finish bottom of the top league or top of the bottom league?

You decide.

truehibernian
02-03-2011, 02:08 PM
Realistically, we will need to beat St Johns on Saturday, Aberdeen away, Hamilton and Hearts at home to have chance. Our other game is Celtic away which we will probably lose.

As others have suggested, I reckon 43 points will be the minimum mark for us, with Motherwell probably our best target.

We have a chance, which is more than we thought we'd have a month ago. Best just to take each game as it comes starting with Saturday.

We've never won 6 in a row in the top league for a good 35 years anyway. There's been a few scunners in that regard recently:

2000 - Killie at home - Paul Wright equalises in 85 mins with a left foot volley from 20 yards!

2002 - Hearts at home - the game where they turned it round in last five minutes to win 2-1

So we'd making a bit of history if we won on Saturday and that's as far as we should look IMO.

If memory serves me correctly a certain Darryl Duffy scored a couple in that 3-2 defeat. Hibs were superb that opening 45 minutes that day, however the introduction of a certain Mr Latapy changed the whole game. A wee 40 year old smoking genius at work :greengrin

Hibby Bairn
02-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Defo bottom six for us. Thinking about my summer holidays already. :agree:

--------
02-03-2011, 03:24 PM

No pressure, then...

erin go bragh
02-03-2011, 09:11 PM
If memory serves me correctly a certain Darryl Duffy scored a couple in that 3-2 defeat. Hibs were superb that opening 45 minutes that day, however the introduction of a certain Mr Latapy changed the whole game. A wee 40 year old smoking genius at work :greengrin
a certain alan freeland had a big say in us losing that 1 [the worst ref ive ever seen at the leith san siro ]
ggtth

Sas_The_Hibby
02-03-2011, 11:17 PM

It's up to the SPL to schedule postponed games to ensure this doesn't happen.

Do you honestly believe the SPL will just tell United, with, say, three games in hand and one point behind the sixth placed team, "sorry, time's up you'll just have to stay in the bottom 6"?

Unless they really want to be sued, I mean.

Danderhall Hibs
02-03-2011, 11:37 PM
It's up to the SPL to schedule postponed games to ensure this doesn't happen.

Do you honestly believe the SPL will just tell United, with, say, three games in hand and one point behind the sixth placed team, "sorry, time's up you'll just have to stay in the bottom 6"?

Unless they really want to be sued, I mean.

I've no idea what they'll do but I don't think they can postpone the season. If the closing date's in the rules I doubt Utd would be able to sue them.

It could mean that United have to play 4 games in a week to get the games played - that could be a bonus for us.

Edit - I've no idea why the wee angry face thing's appeared up above this post!

3pm
02-03-2011, 11:43 PM
Why did we leave the signing of Palsson and pals til the end of the window? That ain't helped our cause.

I can't believe all the boys who signed were only identified in the last few days of the window.

Peevemor
02-03-2011, 11:44 PM
Why did we leave the signing of Palsson and pals til the end of the window? That ain't helped our cause.

I can't believe all the boys who signed were only identified in the last few days of the window.

Maybe they were seeing what other offers were on the table before deciding where to go.

Sas_The_Hibby
02-03-2011, 11:49 PM
I've no idea what they'll do but I don't think they can postpone the season. If the closing date's in the rules I doubt Utd would be able to sue them.

It could mean that United have to play 4 games in a week to get the games played - that could be a bonus for us.

Edit - I've no idea why the wee angry face thing's appeared up above this post!

I agree United may well have to play a lot of games in a short space of time but I still don't see how we could go into the split before everyone had played 33 games (unless outstanding games could make no difference to who finished in the top six).

BTW, according to the fixture list on BBC, they've got seven games lined up between now and April 9th, so I think there's still another one to be rescheduled.

Danderhall Hibs
02-03-2011, 11:53 PM
I agree United may well have to play a lot of games in a short space of time but I still don't see how we could go into the split before everyone had played 33 games (unless outstanding games could make no difference to who finished in the top six).

BTW, according to the fixture list on BBC, they've got seven games lined up between now and April 9th, so I think there's still another one to be rescheduled.

If their game in the Scottish Cup is postponed and/or goes to a replay they'll really be up against it. It'll be interesting to see what the SPL rules are on it.

brydekirk
03-03-2011, 12:06 AM
:top marks
:agree:

Listening to CC talking to Chic Young after the game last night, it was clear to me that HE knows that we're nowhere near what we should be. He came over as very sober, very level-headed.

He was also very clear that the time has come when some of the players need a break; he was hinting very strongly that some of the guys who were on the bench last night might very well play on Saturday.

I think he said something like, "It's a club thing more than a team thing" - and if he does change things around a bit, we'll know for sure how far we've come - or not come. What IS certain is that we need to get past the place where an injury to one or two players can seriously damage the team.

Building a first eleven is relatively easy compared to building a squad where players can drop out and be replaced without detriment to the playing standards. That's what CC seems to me to be aiming for - and he's right.

CY asked him about the top 6 - answer was that the game is about dealing with "the next game". My view is that if we make the top half (and it'll take a miraculous run of results for us to do so, IMO), that'll be a bonus.

If we don't, no great damage, since we're making sure of our place in the SPL and CC's beginning the work of rebuilding not just the team but the squad on what appears to me to be a sensible professional basis.

yekimevol
03-03-2011, 10:30 PM
as long as were in it i will always believe that we can do it !!!!!!!!!

:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa

Liberal Hibby
05-03-2011, 10:47 PM
OK 32 and four to play.

Looking very tight, but Motherwell look the most likely of the current top six to drop out.

AFKA5814_Hibs
05-03-2011, 10:55 PM
don't think we'll make top 6, but think we'll finish 7th, best of the rest. Not what we hoped for at the start if the season but given where we were a few weeks back would be a good finish.

essexhibee
06-03-2011, 12:00 AM

This. Great post and is exactly what I think. Going in to next season with confidence would be a big step.

jonny
06-03-2011, 10:37 AM
I want Hibs to finish as high up the league as possible. The top 6 is just creeping out our grasp as we're running out of games but it's still possible to make it.

Dundee Utd will likely leapfrog ICT and Motherwell due to games in hand so that means we have to pull back 4 points on Caley and 5 points on Motherwell.

We probably have to win 3 out of 4 to give ourselves any sort of chance, that means beating Hamilton and any 2 of Celtic or Aberdeen away or Hearts at home. If we somehow manage to win all 4 then I think we'd almost definitely make it.

I'd rather be bottom of the top 6 than top of the bottom 6. Games against Rangers, Celtic and Hearts are always relatively exciting (even if just for the build up) and I'd much rather be playing them than Hamilton, St Mirren and Aberdeen where there's little atmosphere and usually little decent football. Also theres the benefit of an extra few thousand pounds for finishing higher.

However, if we do manage top 6 then there'd be no reason to say we'd definitely finish 6th, with a good run between now and the end of the season 5th is certainly possible - 4th would be a massive achievement and is unlikely (10 points behind Killie at the moment), but I'm an optimist and believe we should always aim high - on a side issue, anyone know the odds for a 4th place finish?

Hibbyradge
06-03-2011, 11:52 AM
Remaining fixtures

Motherwell: Killie (a), Aberdeen (h) Dundee United (h) and Hearts (a)

Inverness: Dundee Utd (a), Celtic (h), Killie (a) and Hearts (h)

St Johnstone: Hamilton (a), Killie (h), Dundee Utd (a) Celtic (h) and an as yet unscheduled home game against Rangers

Hibs: Celtic (a) Hearts (h) Aberdeen (a) and Hamilton (h)

Sas_The_Hibby
06-03-2011, 11:58 AM
The question is

Is it better to finish bottom of the top league or top of the bottom league?

You decide.

Top of the "bottom league" (sounds a bit rude, actually! :greengrin) would probably be more entertaining; but bottom of the "top league" would probably bring in more money.

OK, I'm a fence sitter!