01-03-2011, 09:49 PM
Get in son.

94 SPL goals.

103 Hibs goals.

Lazy barsteward though, lazy barsteward. :rolleyes:

:not worth

SRHibs
01-03-2011, 09:51 PM
Does there have to be one of these threads every time he scores?
How about we just enjoy our current good form instead of trying to get one-up on other fans?:agree:

Tricla
01-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Does there have to be one of these threads every time he scores?
How about we just enjoy our current good form instead of trying to get one-up on other fans?:agree:

:confused:

I'm not trying to get one up on anyone.

SRHibs
01-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Well, you're having a dig at the people who (justifiably) think he's lazy.

matty_f
01-03-2011, 09:58 PM
Get in son.

94 SPL goals.

103 Hibs goals.

Lazy barsteward though, lazy barsteward. :rolleyes:

:not worth

He's one of our own!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Tricla
01-03-2011, 10:00 PM

Tongue in cheek my friend.

Thecat23
01-03-2011, 10:02 PM
Still not sure what is Deeks best position is, The lad can defo score goals without a doubt. I also think he would score more if instead of moaning and throwing wee hissy fits he got on with the game and just tried that bit harder. But end of the day i suppose that's him, no changing him now. Just glad he's still scoring.

micksoo
01-03-2011, 10:12 PM
3rd equal SPL scorer now with Scott McDonald

Kevvy1875
01-03-2011, 10:42 PM
Riordan doesn't just score goals. He create's them also like his quick thinking for Booth on Saturday. Last season that would have been Stokes running onto that ball.

He also set up the other best chance of the game with the back heel to Spoony who has hit it straight at the keeper.

He faded right out of the game 2nd half and should have been subbed sooner but IMO had a good game.

Can't comment on tonight as I was not there but he scored the winner and thats what he is there for.

I understand people's frustrations with him but feel that no matter what some people have their minds made up about him. We should judge him on his return for Hibs. I personally think its been very good this season considering how poor we have been.

I hope Derek signs a new deal and at 27 really knuckle's down to make sure he prolongs his career and gets alot fitter and leaner and goes on to score alot more goals for Hibs and earns the right to be a bonifide legend. At the moment his Hibs career has been tarnished by his attitude and demeanor at times but I believe in his ability on the pitch and that we have still to see alot more from Deeks.

I just wished that ....love him or loath him that all Hibs supporters would get behind him. No particular reason for that other than he plays for Hibs.

Storar
01-03-2011, 10:42 PM
3rd equal SPL scorer now with Scott McDonald

todays goal moved him ahead of McDonald! :flag:

Winston Ingram
01-03-2011, 11:02 PM

This

silverhibee
02-03-2011, 12:33 AM
todays goal moved him ahead of McDonald! :flag:

Yes it did. :thumbsup: :flag: :hibees

So well done Derek Riordan on being the 3rd best scorer in the SPL. :not worth

:flag: :not worth :casper: :hibees :hibees.

Dunbar Hibee
02-03-2011, 12:37 AM
Hibs legend. Well done Derek :thumbsup::cgwa

MountcastleHibs
02-03-2011, 12:48 AM
Credit where credit is due. I've been heavily critical of Derek recently, but he, like the rest of the team, appears to have turned a corner.

Well done Derek, and I hope you can build on this.

RIP
02-03-2011, 10:41 AM
What I'd like to see is a balanced appreciation of Derek's strengths and weaknesses

Strengths

Passion
Shooting
Vision

Weaknesses

Failure to run off a target man
Wanting the ball to feet rather than into space
Lack of stamina and pace. Maybe this is just a fitness issue. Is it my imagination or is he looking sharper under Caldo?
Selfishness - shoots when there's folk available for a tap in
Moaning

Almost all his weaknesses can be improved with good coaching, a willing attitude and the right lifestyle. Hopefully "settled doon Deek" has put any other issues firmly behind now.

A striker is normally passing his peak at 28. With hard work and a history of clean living it's been known for a forward to stay at the top until 32/33.

If Deek has a part to play over the next 2 or 3 years - hopefully it's bringing the youngsters on, showing maturity and tactical awareness. Just like his quick throw in to Callum Booth and the delight he showed when the young lad stuck it away