PDA

View Full Version : "Short term there will be (doubters), long term there won't."

matty_f
01-03-2011, 09:45 PM
Calderwood's Green and White Army!!:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa

Dunbar Hibee
01-03-2011, 09:50 PM
:thumbsup::cgwa

Tricla
01-03-2011, 09:52 PM
:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Westie1875
01-03-2011, 09:53 PM
:top marks :cgwa

5 in a row :flag:

hfc rd
01-03-2011, 09:54 PM
IN CALDO WE TRUST!!!

:cgwa:hibees:flag:

sunshine1875
01-03-2011, 09:54 PM
"Short term there will be (doubters), long term there won't be"

Fantastic quote! I have a good feeling about our current manager.

:cgwa

Gatecrasher
01-03-2011, 09:55 PM
:cool2:

GreenCastle
01-03-2011, 09:55 PM
So delighted with the recent run of games :thumbsup:

I had my doubts about CC and the board but in the transfer window the manager brought in the correct players and the board allowed it to happen.

As a result we have looked stronger as a unit and shown fight and hunger that was missing :thumbsup:

Sodje isn't Drogba but he was an improvement on what we were missing and has now scored 2 important goals in 5 games. :greengrin

Another big game Sunday but winnable again :agree:

matty_f
01-03-2011, 09:56 PM
:cool2:

The full quote didn't fit, so I had to paraphrase!:cgwa

mim
01-03-2011, 09:57 PM
We have probably left our run too late to make the top 6.

The current top 6 will probably all get enough points to stay there.

Hibs are now 16 points ahead of Hamilton, who have a game in hand. If we can maintain the 16 point gap to the split, that would allow us to play the last five games with no pressure. :wink:

Who would have thought that a few weeks ago?

Well done Hibs. Well done CC.

lapsedhibee
01-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Calderwood's Green and White Army!!:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa

FFS you might have at least waited till the fans got back from Hamilton. :bitchy:

:flag:

Greentinted
01-03-2011, 10:00 PM
I was always undecided regarding Calderwood but I did doubt the commitment of the moneymen. However as a work-in-progress, the job seems well underway and aye, it augurs well particularly for next season. For the remainder of this season, its important to stabilise and consolidate and who knows what the future may hold? But the slivers of green and white are shining ever-brighter by the week so well done to all concerned.

:flag: :flag: :cgwa :flag: :flag:

nonshinyfinish
01-03-2011, 10:01 PM
Sodje isn't Drogba

Source?!

Gatecrasher
01-03-2011, 10:02 PM
The full quote didn't fit, so I had to paraphrase!:cgwa
he obviously believes in himself and not in an arrogant way, Fingers crossed we can keep it up!
:cgwa:cgwa:flag::cgwa:flag::cgwa

Liam89
01-03-2011, 10:02 PM
At the start of CC's reign the players looked like they had nothing in them to avoid relegation, we all thought we were doomed. The January transfer window comes along and CC makes all the right signings! Who'd a thought it :wink:

Let's hope we can make it to 3rd next season! :cgwa

GreenCastle
01-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Source?!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/9409745.stm :greengrin

Beefster
01-03-2011, 10:08 PM
If we had done what ah wanted and sacked Calderwood after the Dundee Utd game (or in November when ah originally floated the idea), we could have avoided all this 'winning 5 in a row' pish and still been in a tense and exciting relegation battle.

Ah'll no' rest until Jimmy "Done loads and loads in the game, likes" Calderwood is in the dug-oot at ER. Aw you balloons shouting fi the rooftops about how guid CC is dinnae have a clue.

Keith_M
01-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Short term there will be (doubters), long term there won't.

Perhaps, but how was his body language when he said it?

:hmmm:

Pedantic_Hibee
01-03-2011, 10:12 PM
Murray on for Miller.

lapsedhibee
01-03-2011, 10:15 PM
Murray on for Miller.

Murray should have been on much earlier, in the 42nd minute.

Springbank
01-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Murray should have been on much earlier, in the 42nd minute.

I've checked and Murray has a much better website than Smith and Miller, but has never been seen on the no26 bus. Swings and roundabouts.

Bring back Tam McCourt on Sunday I say!!

Danderhall Hibs
02-03-2011, 08:19 AM
If we had done what ah wanted and sacked Calderwood after the Dundee Utd game (or in November when ah originally floated the idea), we could have avoided all this 'winning 5 in a row' pish and still been in a tense and exciting relegation battle.

Ah'll no' rest until Jimmy "Done loads and loads in the game, likes" Calderwood is in the dug-oot at ER. Aw you balloons shouting fi the rooftops about how guid CC is dinnae have a clue.

:thumbsup:

Jack
02-03-2011, 08:24 AM
In footballing terms we are still in the short term. We still have a long way to go and its how we react to slips (lets hope the next slip doesn’t last a year like the last one did) that will be a measure of the teams progress in the longer term.

As for the support, we’ve come a long way too, lets hope we never return to the dark ages of booing our own players. There are 11 other players and a referee out there we can give such ‘praise’ to.

Five wins in a row for HIB5 is fantastic and we are rightly on the crest of a wave but lets not kid ourselves there isn't still a long way to go.

paxtonhibby
02-03-2011, 09:44 AM
I've checked and Murray has a much better website than Smith and Miller, but has never been seen on the no26 bus. Swings and roundabouts.

Bring back Tam McCourt on Sunday I say!!

Aye,a day after the game,suits me:greengrin

PeterboroHibee
02-03-2011, 10:14 AM
Quite impressed with CC. Some of the earlier results under him were a bit frustrating, but always felt we had to wait until he could bring in his own players and let them get a chance to turn things around. Didnt expect it to be as dramatic a turnaround as this though, 5 in a row is amazing when a few weeks ago we were right in the relegation battle.

PaulSmith
02-03-2011, 10:47 AM
In footballing terms we are still in the short term. We still have a long way to go and its how we react to slips (lets hope the next slip doesn’t last a year like the last one did) that will be a measure of the teams progress in the longer term.

As for the support, we’ve come a long way too, lets hope we never return to the dark ages of booing our own players. There are 11 other players and a referee out there we can give such ‘praise’ to.

Five wins in a row for HIB5 is fantastic and we are rightly on the crest of a wave but lets not kid ourselves there isn't still a long way to go.

Absolutely.

We've beaten the bottom 2 teams 3 times and beat Killie and ICT at home. Excellent results but there is no acid test in there for me and yes things are a whole lot brighter than they were 5 weeks ago but for the size of club like Hibs and the players at his disposal the run of games leading up to end Jan has made us bottom 6 and out of the Scottish Cup to a team of part timers from Ayr.

There are positives and I'm becoming more relaxed about the appointment but if it was crazy to judge someone over 13 weeks its as crazy to judge someone over 5.

However, and just to clarify, anyone who realises that Rankin, McBride, Nish, Hart weren't fit for the jersey is doing a good rebuilding job in my eyes.

The_Sauz
02-03-2011, 10:53 AM

Just thinking the same!!
Plus CC has nae a website FFS:brickwall were is Jimmy "The Sun Tan Kid" Calderwood has http://www.eastwesthealing.com/detoxification/holistic-tips-for-a-great-sun-tan.aspx

:na na:

Expecting Rain
02-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Calderwood has provided a calm and measured response since the day he took over, inheriting a dreadful situation pre-january but remaining focused on the job in hand, i think he has gained the trust of Petrie in a short period of turbulent times at Easter Road.
I think that the .net board has also served a useful purpose in getting the fans together and behind the team when everything seemed to be spiralling out of control.
There is still a lot of work ahead but Calderwood and Adams have proved to be quick learners as to what the SPL requires in terms of getting results, finding a balance between the physical and the creative aspects of the game, i think they`ve just begun.

greenlex
02-03-2011, 11:05 AM

Absolutely.

We've beaten the bottom 2 teams 3 times and beat Killie and ICT at home. Excellent results but there is no acid test in there for me and yes things are a whole lot brighter than they were 5 weeks ago but for the size of club like Hibs and the players at his disposal the run of games leading up to end Jan has made us bottom 6 and out of the Scottish Cup to a team of part timers from Ayr.

There are positives and I'm becoming more relaxed about the appointment but if it was crazy to judge someone over 13 weeks its as crazy to judge someone over 5.

However, and just to clarify, anyone who realises that Rankin, McBride, Nish, Hart weren't fit for the jersey is doing a good rebuilding job in my eyes.

No arguement here guys. :agree: There were long periods in the second half our midfield were outplayed and outmuscled by Hamilton last night.
Calderwood has admitted himself that this run has probably peaked. Expect changes on Saturday and that will tell us a whole lot more about our new found resolve.

Hibbyradge
02-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Where did that quote come from?

matty_f
02-03-2011, 03:50 PM
Where did that quote come from?

Interview with cc right after the 0-3 defeat to united. Think it was on the bbc, iirc.

--------
02-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Short term there will be (doubters), long term there won't.

Perhaps, but how was his body language when he said it?

:hmmm:

Terrible. REALLY terrible.

As if he had no idea at all of strategy or tactics or how to motivate the players.

REALLY terrible. :wink:

Hibbyradge
02-03-2011, 06:06 PM
Terrible. REALLY terrible.

As if he had no idea at all of strategy or tactics or how to motivate the players.

REALLY terrible. :wink:

Shocking, but what's worse is that he'll be getting carpeted by Rod for wearing a tracksuit despite being told "in no uncertain terms" that he had to wear a suit and Hibs tie. :rolleyes:

The Falcon
02-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Shocking, but what's worse is that he'll be getting carpeted by Rod for wearing a tracksuit despite being told "in no uncertain terms" that he had to wear a suit and Hibs tie. :rolleyes:

I noticed this as well. Utter defiance in my book and probably trying to work his ticket out of ER. Dosent he know who's in charge?

Jack
02-03-2011, 06:31 PM
I noticed this as well. Utter defiance in my book and probably trying to work his ticket out of ER. Dosent he know who's in charge?

Its amazing what some people have come up with in the past to justify themselves :faf:

Cabbage1875
02-03-2011, 07:09 PM
Where's Andy74 these days? :wink:

hibs0666
02-03-2011, 07:17 PM

In a cave with Blackpool Hibs, Osama, Smurf and Lord Lucan apparently. :thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
02-03-2011, 07:24 PM
In a cave with Blackpool Hibs, Osama, Smurf and Lord Lucan apparently. :thumbsup:

Blackpool Hibs was at the game last night. He was sitting in the same row as me, I was beside one of his friends. To be fair he doesn't look as intimidating in real life as he does on these boards:tin hat::tin hat::tin hat::tin hat:

--------
02-03-2011, 07:28 PM

If Rod's so concerned about a suit and tie, why didn't he just bring in a dummy to hang it on...

Oh, wait.... :rolleyes:

Cabbage1875
02-03-2011, 07:30 PM

Or in Bradford... :wink:

IWasThere2016
02-03-2011, 07:35 PM
Never doubted the CC - he simply needed a window to get the right type of players in. We now have very decent FBs, a midfield with some steel about it and a bigger/more mobile striker.

As said before any manager that removed Rankin, Hogg, Hart etc and can clamp Andy74 :wink: and Blackpool :wink: is doing a fine job IMHO.

blackpoolhibs
02-03-2011, 09:13 PM
Hughes is a much better manager than Calderwood, at least he got that team into europe, calderwood couldnt buy a win with them.

BEEJ
02-03-2011, 09:16 PM
Hughes is a much better manager than Calderwood, at least he got that team into europe, calderwood couldnt buy a win with them.
:greengrin OK, I'll bite.

CC never had the benefit of Stokes; but he was blessed with liabilities like Trakys, Hart and De Graaf, with whom Hughes was never going to get us into Europe this season.

blackpoolhibs
02-03-2011, 09:19 PM

CC never had the benefit of Stokes; but he was blessed with liabilities like Trakys, Hart and De Graaf, with whom Hughes was never going to get us into Europe this season.

:greengrin 3 minutes, you are slipping. :wink:

IWasThere2016
02-03-2011, 09:37 PM

Deary me BEEJ - that's 1-nil Blackpool :greengrin

BEEJ
02-03-2011, 10:31 PM
:greengrin 3 minutes, you are slipping. :wink:
The main board is so subdued just now; overcome with quiet contentment.

Hard to resist such blatant baiting when things are otherwise so quiet.

:greengrin

...WentToMowAnSPL
02-03-2011, 10:37 PM
As said before any manager that removed Rankin, Hogg, Hart etc and can clamp Andy74 :wink: and Blackpool :wink: is doing a fine job IMHO.

:tee hee::panic::rockin::top marks

smurf
03-03-2011, 01:14 AM
CC has done remarkably well. Credit to him. And to the board.

However, expectations will rightly increase next season.

Gus Fring
03-03-2011, 05:19 PM
Source for the quote: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/9378109.stm

hibsbollah
03-03-2011, 08:13 PM
When you think he said that after 5 straight defeats and no win in 12, its quite amazing. Hes got balls to come out with a statement like that. He clearly has total faith in his own ability, good on him.

Andy74
03-03-2011, 10:35 PM

What do you mean? I've backed Calderwood and been to every game he's been in charge of.

Danderhall Hibs
03-03-2011, 10:43 PM
What do you mean? I've backed Calderwood and been to every game he's been in charge of.

:agree: Some folk just getting mixed up with your support of Yogi I think. I don't think you were ever criticising CC you were just wondering why he wasn't being criticised as much as Yogi did.