PDA

View Full Version : Shooting A Student Is Not A Sackable Offence Says Ancelotti

Dashing Bob S
01-03-2011, 02:17 PM
...and so say all of us!

About time the footballing world was taking the lead for a change!

marinello59
01-03-2011, 02:26 PM
:faf:

JimBHibees
01-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Superb. :greengrin

Hibs07p
01-03-2011, 02:35 PM
I wonder if he would have thought the same if the student had shot one of his prima donnas. :rolleyes:

Dashing Bob S
01-03-2011, 02:38 PM
I wonder if he would have thought the same if the student had shot one of his prima donnas. :rolleyes:

To be fair to Ancellotti, as the student probably wouldn't have been good enough to play for Chelsea, he couldn't therefore be sacked, so I imagine he'd take a pretty consistent position.

Dashing Bob S
01-03-2011, 02:41 PM
You would expect such an incident to take place at a training ground like Riccarton, where there are loads of students and are in competition with pro footballers for scarce resources.

In fact it probably has happened, but the Hearts players were unable to get any shots on target.

WindyMiller
01-03-2011, 02:56 PM
You would expect such an incident to take place at a training ground like Riccarton, where there are loads of students and are in competition with pro footballers for scarce resources. I hear they have to jockey for position in the showers and locker-room Bob!:agree:

In fact it probably has happened, but the Hearts players were unable to get any shots on target.

:faf:

basehibby
01-03-2011, 03:11 PM
...and so say all of us!

Surely a criminal offence though?!?!? Or maybe not if the local law all support Chelsea :confused:

Re Riccarton - surely Wallace has had enough shooting practice?!?

Greentinted
01-03-2011, 03:44 PM
Can only hope the laddie's family are succesful in bringing this to the appropriate courtroom.

JimBHibees
01-03-2011, 05:24 PM
Can only hope the laddie's family are succesful in bringing this to the appropriate courtroom.

More than likely been encouraged to drop it.

Barney McGrew
01-03-2011, 05:35 PM
You would expect such an incident to take place at a training ground like Riccarton, where there are loads of students and are in competition with pro footballers for scarce resources.

Maybe someone should ask Lee Wallace. After all, he seems to Hertz resident expert on all things riflewise.

Hibs Class
01-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Maybe someone should ask Lee Wallace. After all, he seems to Hertz resident expert on all things riflewise.

What's the story with Wallace? Has he been in trouble with guns before?

Keith_M
01-03-2011, 06:53 PM
For once I wholeheartedly agree!

That bunch of sponging, moaning, manky layabouts need culled anyway.

:greengrin

Bostonhibby
01-03-2011, 06:56 PM
...and so say all of us!

Having 2 children who are students I feel suitably qualified to comment on the subject, whilst at the same time being able to bring some balance to the debate.

I think there is something to be said for keeping the numbers under control by having an official season but not just indiscriminately taking pot shots at them, say just after the grouse season finishes to give the idle rich like Cole something they can legally do in their spare time?

For the other 11 months he could hide from the rest of us who would like to give him a damn good kicking but we could legitimately seek him out :dunno:Any views?

Keith_M
01-03-2011, 06:58 PM
Having 2 children who are students I feel suitably qualified to comment on the subject, whilst at the same time being able to bring some balance to the debate.

I think there is something to be said for keeping the numbers under control by having an official season but not just indiscriminately taking pot shots at them, say just after the grouse season finishes to give the idle rich like Cole something they can legally do in their spare time?

For the other 11 months he could hide from the rest of us who would like to give him a damn good kicking but we could legitimately seek him out :dunno:Any views?

As the parent of two lazy students myself, you have my support!

Bostonhibby
01-03-2011, 07:09 PM
As the parent of two lazy students myself, you have my support!

I am probably going to keep the male one alive though as he is a hibby and assures me that when he is rich and famous he will buy Hibs.

Dashing Bob S
01-03-2011, 07:42 PM
Professional footballers have to train hard and have a very short career. Therefore they should surely be allowed to do this sort of thing, at least while they are still making a living from the game. At 30 Cole is coming to the end of his career and his opportunities for shooting students in the future will be greatly reduced, if indeed, they will exist at all. He should be shown some compassion IMHO.

Bostonhibby
01-03-2011, 07:56 PM
Professional footballers have to train hard and have a very short career. Therefore they should surely be allowed to do this sort of thing, at least while they are still making a living from the game. At 30 Cole is coming to the end of his career and his opportunities for shooting students in the future will be greatly reduced, if indeed, they will exist at all. He should be shown some compassion IMHO.

Indeed Bob, at first glance it would seem reasonable that Cole is extended the sort of respect and tolerance that is accorded to men of his advanced years, but he does seem to be the exception to the rule, having done the dirty old man stuff earlier rather than later in life so maybe we should tread a bit warily when dealing with him, without wishing to prejudice the rights of highly paid footballers generally to shoot whoever they want whenever they want as a rule.