PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Official Match Update - Hamilton 1 v Hibernian 2 FT

Pages : 1 2 [3]

I'm_cabbaged
01-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Not back but on the way.:-) Good first half, not so good second but I will take it. Great number of Hibbies.

Thank christ, somebody who was there to answer questions.

Did Murray really come on for Miller and how did Nishy get on in goals? :confused:

frazeHFC
01-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Anyone how many Hibees were through?

Real shame about Stack, he has seemed very determined to keep playing and win a new contract, and has been great the last few games, but this injury will probably see him miss most of the rest of the season, if not all of it. :rolleyes:

sunshine1875
01-03-2011, 09:11 PM
Mint green tonight :grr::grr:

Source? Looks more yellow to me!

DarlingtonHibee
01-03-2011, 09:11 PM
Heard he told CC that he didn't have a clue about his team selections, which at the time seemed pretty fair. :agree:

CC comes across as a guy who would not hold grudges - that is the sign of a good manager...

IMO Brown is a far safer bet that Smith.

hibsbollah
01-03-2011, 09:13 PM
We cannot have that numptyIn goal on Sat as our Defence's confidences just saps with him between the sticks
Cmon CC do the right thing and drop him

did you notice Smith having a good game? He saved us twice according to the radio. Bad news no doubt for Stack but lets not get on a witchhunt.

nonshinyfinish
01-03-2011, 09:13 PM

Real shame about Stack, he has seemed very determined to keep playing and win a new contract, and has been great the last few games, but this injury will probably see him miss most of the rest of the season, if not all of it. :rolleyes:

BBC said about 700, so based on the game in Paisley there must have been about 3500.

frazeHFC
01-03-2011, 09:14 PM
Hopefully Broony or Divis are between the sticks on Saturday.

*expecting someone to mension Nish now*

Sounds like a good performance and 2 goals on the counter attack, by the sounds of it anyway.

hibee_girl
01-03-2011, 09:15 PM
did you notice Smith having a good game? He saved us twice according to the radio. Bad news no doubt for Stack but lets not get on a witchhunt.

There were also numerous comments made on the radio about how he didn't come off his line, made an 'appalling punch' to clear the ball etc.

Lucius Apuleius
01-03-2011, 09:18 PM
His was ok. Miller was pretty dank goof first half. Nishy in goals would be scary:-)

Thank christ, somebody who was there to answer questions.

Did Murray really come on for Miller and how did Nishy get on in goals? :confused:

I'm_cabbaged
01-03-2011, 09:20 PM
His was ok. Miller was pretty dank goof first half. Nishy in goals would be scary:-)

Small buttons, big fingers, bumpy car/ bus. Doesnae work, eh. :wink:

Lucius Apuleius
01-03-2011, 09:22 PM
Bumpy van.:-)

Small buttons, big fingers, bumpy car/ bus. Doesnae work, eh. :wink:

Chibs
01-03-2011, 09:28 PM
November 2005 was the last time we won 5 in a row in the league - said it on the radio a few times.

Thankyou Dinkydoo for your response.

Unfortunately for me I live in Utrecht and I cannot get live bbc Scotland radio here.

I have a feeling you will correct me but as one of the older hibees (50 years young) I find it difficult to use this stupid laptop plus the intake of a certain amount of alchohol.
Anyway we are on the way up and victory against St Johnstone will make it six so my obvious next question is when was the last time.

Hibee till I die

GGTTH

Killiehibbie
01-03-2011, 09:31 PM

I'd have guessed about 1,000. Plenty of noise and a good result if not a convincing performance.

mayo hibee
01-03-2011, 09:33 PM
...I'm going to be controversial and say it, Smith played a big role in our win tonight. That Accies effort was in all the way until he somehow clawed it back off the line, two minutes later Riordan scored down the other end and it was over.

When Deeks scored Dickoh ran straight back to Smith to remind him of his involvement in the turning point of the game, it was a nice touch towards a player who definitely needs a bit of confidence. Other than that he punched thin air once and his kicking was awful but this was still more of a good night than a bad one for him. Could do nothing for the goal.

Sodje will never be a great player but he's very effective, took his chance well and was involved in the build up to it as well, had another great game and is a real asset. The team looks completely different to even a couple of months ago, so much more physical and able to compete in this league, fancy football and squigglers are all good and well but you need to be able to go to Hamilton on a Tuesday night and get the points and this team can do that.

Things are looking up. :flag:

ALF TUPPER
01-03-2011, 09:46 PM
...I'm going to be controversial and say it, Smith played a big role in our win tonight. That Accies effort was in all the way until he somehow clawed it back off the line, two minutes later Riordan scored down the other end and it was over.

When Deeks scored Dickoh ran straight back to Smith to remind him of his involvement in the turning point of the game, it was a nice touch towards a player who definitely needs a bit of confidence. Other than that he punched thin air once and his kicking was awful but this was still more of a good night than a bad one for him. Could do nothing for the goal.

Sodje will never be a great player but he's very effective, took his chance well and was involved in the build up to it as well, had another great game and is a real asset. The team looks completely different to even a couple of months ago, so much more physical and able to compete in this league, fancy football and squigglers are all good and well but you need to be able to go to Hamilton on a Tuesday night and get the points and this team can do that.

Things are looking up. :flag:
Just home from the game too

>>> Yep, Accurate report IMO

Also i thought there was a great team spirit, Hanlon was fantastic and the singing section made me chuckle a few times too. Well done guys .

Good times down ER way

iwasthere1972
01-03-2011, 10:13 PM
Hibs down to 10 men - Smith on.

:greengrin

fatbloke
02-03-2011, 02:11 AM
Just arrived in Orlando, just found out result, just think i will go and have a wee swally. wish I had been there but well orlando or hamilton you decide GGTTH.