PDA

View Full Version : Manager of the month?

Simon70
01-03-2011, 11:23 AM
The SPL manager of the month for February must be due to be announced soon. Surely Calderwood is a shoe-in for it?

4 games, 4 wins, 7 goals for, 2 goals against (and one of those was a penalty that the SFA decided shouldn't have been).

Keith_M
01-03-2011, 11:30 AM
The SPL manager of the month for February must be due to be announced soon. Surely Calderwood is a shoe-in for it?

4 games, 4 wins, 7 goals for, 2 goals against (and one of those was a penalty that the SFA decided shouldn't have been).

Probably between him and Lennon, TBF. Celtic's results during February, weekend aside, were really good.

Sir David Gray
01-03-2011, 11:39 AM

2 goals against?

Kilmarnock scored a dodgy penalty but who else scored? :confused:

If I remember correctly, our scores in February were;

Hibs 2-0 St Mirren
Hibs 2-1 Kilmarnock
St Mirren 0-1 Hibs
Hibs 2-0 Inverness CT

KWJ
01-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Probably between him and Lennon, TBF. Celtic's results during February, weekend aside, were really good.

But they lost 1. If they'd have won against Well he'd probs have won it but they didn't.

:cgwa

Wilson
01-03-2011, 12:00 PM
But they lost 1. If they'd have won against Well he'd probs have won it but they didn't.

But Celtic have played 5 games in February to our 4. These included an away draw at Ibrox in the cup and a comprehensive beating of Rangers in the league. Two decent away wins at Aberdeen and Dundee Utd. ensure that, despite the loss, their results are arguably more impressive.

Lenny should get it.

iwasthere1972
01-03-2011, 12:22 PM
But Celtic have played 5 games in February to our 4. These included an away draw at Ibrox in the cup and a comprehensive beating of Rangers in the league. Two decent away wins at Aberdeen and Dundee Utd. ensure that, despite the loss, their results are arguably more impressive.

Lenny should get it.

Hope he does. IIRC the months after Mixu and Yogi were MoTM our results went right downhill.

Jim44
01-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Hope he does. IIRC the months after Mixu and Yogi were MoTM our results went right downhill.

I'm not superstitious enough to read anything into that and given that Calderwood turned around a team that was rock bottom to win four in a row, in my book was as good as anything the ginger upstart did with a team that's equipped and meant to win every game.

Hibby Bairn
01-03-2011, 02:28 PM
CC will defo win this imo.

At The Edge
01-03-2011, 02:46 PM
Even though Lennon and celtic have had the harder games, CC has turned a Rank underperforming team, to one that has strung together 4 wins on the trot, Celtic will regulary string four wins together, and for that reason CC should be awarded the MOTM for Feb
:flag:

if not.....its a conspiracy:wink:

iwasthere1972
01-03-2011, 02:53 PM
I'm not superstitious enough to read anything into that and given that Calderwood turned around a team that was rock bottom to win four in a row, in my book was as good as anything the ginger upstart did with a team that's equipped and meant to win every game.

Well I am but only since that dreadful day years ago when I was struck by lightening whilst walking under a ladder and was resuscitated by a passer by who was to become my wife a couple of years later. You would expect to be unlucky once, maybe even twice but three times in the one day is a bit extreme.

I've had a rethink and now hope that CC does get the Manager of the Month award for February. It's no more than he deserves.

hibsfan7
01-03-2011, 03:51 PM
colin calderwood should get it no bother if he does not then it is a disgrace

derekHFC
01-03-2011, 04:19 PM

Lenny should get it.

I dont think cup games count towards the manager of the month as its for SPL games only.

FromTheCapital
01-03-2011, 04:36 PM
Hope CC gets it !

He's done very well to take a relegation battling team to a top 6 contender, no ?

Well done... Colin Calderwood...

:cgwa :cgwa :cgwa

Jim44
01-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Is it a group within the SPL managing committee or a group including the Clydesdale bank which decides? Petrie is a member of the SPL committee so I hope he puts his tuppenceworth in for Calderwood.

Carheenlea
01-03-2011, 05:45 PM
What does the "Manager of the Month" actually receive?

Monetary reward or a garish "trophy" emblazoned with sponsors logo? Does the Club get anything?

I`d bet it`s the bric-a-brac..

brydekirk
01-03-2011, 05:48 PM
:agree:

PerthHibee
01-03-2011, 05:48 PM
I think Celtic continuing an impressive run is impressive, but not as impressive as turning round a side which hadn't scored a goal in the previous month, let alone scored a goal.

Jim44
01-03-2011, 09:47 PM
Tonight's result doesn't count but it will surely have a major effect if they're swithering between Calderwood and Lennon.

nonshinyfinish
01-03-2011, 09:55 PM
What does the "Manager of the Month" actually receive?

Monetary reward or a garish "trophy" emblazoned with sponsors logo? Does the Club get anything?

I`d bet it`s the bric-a-brac..

Pretty sure it's just a wee trophy.

I had the somewhat dubious honour of getting my hands on Ian McCall's 1st Division Manager of the Month (Feb 2006) trophy in a pub in Barcelona.

steakbake
01-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Tonight's result doesn't count but it will surely have a major effect if they're swithering between Calderwood and Lennon.

The vote was earlier today.

HibeeEmma
01-03-2011, 10:18 PM
There is no doubt he should be

hfc rd
01-03-2011, 10:34 PM
Calderwood totally deserves it.

Bookkeeper
01-03-2011, 11:12 PM
Got to be Calderwood, and he deserves it big-time! He's taken time to suss out the situation and sorted it out at the first opportunity. Now we're all getting the benefit.