PDA

View Full Version : "Hibs Future" pricing category

Jay
01-03-2011, 11:10 AM
Having been very vocal on here about the age restructuring for the Hibs Future kids I felt this deserved a thread of its own.

My 14 year old received a letter from the club this morning explaining the restructuring and how they are aware that the 12-14 year olds have been moved into a higher price bracket so to compensate them for this they have offered them a £30 voucher off the new 2011/12 kit if they renew as well as the cup top ups.

I dont think this was in their original plans as it was never mentioned in the reply I got to my complaint so it looks like they have listened and acted very quickly, presumably after a number of complaints.

Gotta say I am very impressed :top marks

Removed
01-03-2011, 11:26 AM
Is that in addition to the £10 he would have got anyway if he renewed or an extra £20?

I'm not that impressed J, I still think they should have thought about it a bit more before launching the new ST info. Maybe they did, and debated it long and hard :dunno:

I agree with FH, it's not the price increase, it's the wording.

I'll see if my eldest has a letter when I get home tonight.

PaulSmith
01-03-2011, 11:39 AM
Is that in addition to the £10 he would have got anyway if he renewed or an extra £20?

I'm not that impressed J, I still think they should have thought about it a bit more before launching the new ST info. Maybe they did, and debated it long and hard :dunno:

I'm actually more than impressed and I'm not being bullish about that, it shows excellent customer service that they have realised that what they have published wasn't what the customer was prepared to accept and made an offer to compensate.

Well done Hibs.

I presume your both getting kids ST again now?

JimBHibees
01-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Having been very vocal on here about the age restructuring for the Hibs Future kids I felt this deserved a thread of its own.

My 14 year old received a letter from the club this morning explaining the restructuring and how they are aware that the 12-14 year olds have been moved into a higher price bracket so to compensate them for this they have offered them a £30 voucher off the new 2011/12 kit if they renew as well as the cup top ups.

I dont think this was in their original plans as it was never mentioned in the reply I got to my complaint so it looks like they have listened and acted very quickly, presumably after a number of complaints.

Gotta say I am very impressed :top marks

Would this apply to everyone or just yourself due to your complaint. Just interested as dont have any kids in that age group.

Removed
01-03-2011, 11:59 AM
I'm actually more than impressed and I'm not being bullish about that, it shows excellent customer service that they have realised that what they have published wasn't what the customer was prepared to accept and made an offer to compensate.

Well done Hibs.

I presume your both getting kids ST again now?

There must have been a conscious decision to drop the age for Hibs kids to 11 and under, just as there was to introduce the £19 kids deal or increase disabled prices.

And cynical me thinks there must also have been a "What if?" plan in case there are too many complaints.

I'd just like to know the rationale for the change to pricing for youths.

Jay
01-03-2011, 12:30 PM

yeah the wording was wrong but to me personally it was the money too. Its hard enough to find the money for 3 ST's without them changing age catagorys and hiking their prices. I know I will still have to fork out the larger sum but he is getting £30 off the new strip, most 12-14 year olds will be bought a strip at some point in the season I would have thought, so £30 is a good offer.

I think they made an error in judgement and are fixing it to a point. They could have done nothing.

I will most probably renew now, hadnt decided if,where or when before but now I think the 'if' has gone.

Would this apply to everyone or just yourself due to your complaint. Just interested as dont have any kids in that age group.

everybody, as in existing members renewing

Jay
01-03-2011, 12:33 PM
I'd just like to know the rationale for the change to pricing for youths.

Well! It is a bit laughable but the reason stated in the letter is to "allow for a smoother pathway from child to adult"

Its still ridiculous that (taking extremes) a primary school 12 year old pays the same price as an 18 year old on a full working wage.

Jack
01-03-2011, 01:43 PM
I find it hard to believe and with the best will in the world towards the efficiency of the club that they could turn something like this around in such a short space of time. My feeling is they may have forgotten to mention it in the original statement.

I say this as someone who has had to organise such a change and its absolute pandemonium and prone to failure – or at least a longer delay in getting the packages dispatched.

Jay
01-03-2011, 04:03 PM
I find it hard to believe and with the best will in the world towards the efficiency of the club that they could turn something like this around in such a short space of time. My feeling is they may have forgotten to mention it in the original statement.

I say this as someone who has had to organise such a change and its absolute pandemonium and prone to failure – or at least a longer delay in getting the packages dispatched.

You are possibly correct but it wasnt mentioned in the answer to my email either, the £10 was.

wazoo1875
01-03-2011, 04:11 PM

I got the letter too Jim, we already had 3 year ones but my lad turned 12 so he's automatically moved up at no increase and they sent vouchers out with the letters. We are also getting cup top ups at no extra cost.
Well done hibs I say