PDA

View Full Version : Out of Contract Players

Phil D. Rolls
01-03-2011, 10:22 AM
What's the situation with the players coming to the end of their contracts? Yogi seemed to think that they were the reason the club was underperforming. I take it they have all been moved on?

Iain G
01-03-2011, 10:44 AM
What's the situation with the players coming to the end of their contracts? Yogi seemed to think that they were the reason the club was underperforming. I take it they have all been moved on?

"Yogi seemed to think" - are you sure about that Mr Rolls, seems a hell of a crazy thing to suggest! :wink:

lapsedhibee
01-03-2011, 10:50 AM

A number were moved from the starting eleven to the subs' bench just before the current winning streak began, so I'd say Yogi's views are entirely vindicated. I'm not saying Yogi should be brought back immediately in the way that Dobbie and Showumni should, but he now has evidence on his side.

Iain G
01-03-2011, 10:55 AM
A number were moved from the starting eleven to the subs' bench just before the current winning streak began, so I'd say Yogi's views are entirely vindicated. I'm not saying Yogi should be brought back immediately in the way that Dobbie and Showumni should, but he now has evidence on his side.

Alas a whole bunch of those now out of the starting XI were his signings :wink:

I expect (at least!) McBride, Rankin, Trakys, Duffy, Smith, Brown, De Graff, Hart to all be out the door in the summer, hopefully... :agree:

GloryGlory
01-03-2011, 11:26 AM

I expect (at least!) McBride, Rankin, Trakys, Duffy, Smith, Brown, De Graff, Hart to all be out the door in the summer, hopefully... :agree:

What about Nish? :devil:

--------
01-03-2011, 11:29 AM

Indeed. this is clear evidence that out predicament earlier in the season wasn't Hughes' fault, but the fault of whoever allowed all those players' contracts to terminate at the same time at the end of the season...

Phil D. Rolls
01-03-2011, 11:53 AM
So we are saying that the solution was to leave the underperforming players out of the team? Talk about blue sky thinking. (If you want, I don't know what it means, but I'm sure fitba folk will ken what's gaun oan)

Expecting Rain
01-03-2011, 12:03 PM

Id add Nish to the group, Stevenson might also go and perhaps Sodje who is currently occupying the space vacated by Nish.

WindyMiller
01-03-2011, 02:01 PM
Id add Nish to the group, Stevenson might also go and perhaps Sodje who is currently occupying the space vacated by Nish.

Sodje might not be the best, but he does a job that Nish could never do, vertically.

p.s You'd have be pleased to see Hoggy in another teams shirt on Saturday!

Simon70
01-03-2011, 02:26 PM

De Graaf is already out of the door - he is on loan to Excelsior until the end of the season (when his contract expires) with them paying all of his hefty wages in the meantime.

Dashing Bob S
01-03-2011, 02:46 PM

Shurely shum mishtake? I'd agree with the rest, but he was great till inexplicably dropped for Stack (who, to be fair, has been great too.)

mouvran
01-03-2011, 03:07 PM

why would you want Sowunmi back?

Sergio sledge
01-03-2011, 03:12 PM
why would you want Sowunmi back?

He did pretty well at Falkirk

WindyMiller
01-03-2011, 03:24 PM
He did pretty well at Falkirk

Would that be Showumni or Showunmi?
Thomas or Enoch?
:greengrin

Andy74
01-03-2011, 03:25 PM
When and where did Hughes suggest that it was the underperformance of the out of contract players that was the issue?

BEEJ
01-03-2011, 03:45 PM
De Graaf is already out of the door - he is on loan to Excelsior until the end of the season (when his contract expires) with them paying all of his hefty wages in the meantime.
De Graaf was signed until June 2012 so could still theoretically return to the squad in the summer. He was listed the other day in an article on the Official Site as one of the four Hibs players currently on loan.

So although we might expect that we've seen the last of him, contractually it's not yet a foregone conclusion.

:worried:

aberhibsfc
01-03-2011, 04:43 PM

They say you shouldn't go back, but this doesn't really apply to Showumni, his 1st spell at Hibs was nothing to shout about, well other than the SC goal. If he can repeat his Falkirk form then maybe.

Pretty Boy
01-03-2011, 04:51 PM
They say you shouldn't go back, but this doesn't really apply to Showumni, his 1st spell at Hibs was nothing to shout about, well other than the SC goal. If he can repeat his Falkirk form then maybe.

I agree. I'm pretty sure we will be looking at Showumni now. I know Calderwood proved he had an eye for a player at Aberdeen so hopefully the tangoman delivers again.

aberhibsfc
01-03-2011, 04:57 PM

I agree. I'm pretty sure we will be looking at Showumni now. I know Calderwood proved he had an eye for a player at Aberdeen so hopefully the tangoman delivers again.

Precisely, it doesn't even bother me that he fondles himself during interviews.

He must have met Billy Davies when they were both at Inverness County. Those that said he was a Duff / Gray appointment are just being silly.

SteveHFC
01-03-2011, 04:58 PM
I'd would keep the following players:

Riordan
Dickoh
Stevenson
Stack
Miller

The rest can go.

Liam89
01-03-2011, 04:59 PM

:faf:! :top marks

DH1875
01-03-2011, 05:26 PM
What about Nish? :devil:

Just a huntch but I reckon Nish will be offered a new deal. Whether he takes it or ot is another question.

Why you hopeful we get rid of Brown :confused:.

He isn't out of contract in the summer so unless someone comes in with an offer expect him back at ER :boo hoo:.

The Hurricane
01-03-2011, 06:29 PM
Sure he has another year I think it was a 2 year deal hope I am wrong though

Arch Stanton
01-03-2011, 06:49 PM
When and where did Hughes suggest that it was the underperformance of the out of contract players that was the issue?

Ahh , but the OP doesn't say he 'suggested' only that he 'seemed to think'. :greengrin

However, as you say, Hughes possibly did not attribute underperformance to players that needed to be moved on. It is just as possible that he let the bulk of the squad's contracts run down for no particular reason.

Bostonhibby
01-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Would that be Showumni or Showunmi?
Thomas or Enoch?
I think we should go for Enoch just for a change, I also have a friend named Enoch.

Winston Ingram
01-03-2011, 10:57 PM

Riordan
Dickoh
Stevenson
Stack
Miller

The rest can go.

This:agree:

Cocaine&Caviar
01-03-2011, 11:03 PM
GK:
Stack
Brown

RB:
Towell
McCann

LB:
Booth
NEW LB

CB:
Hanlon
NEW CB
Dickoh
Stephens

DM x2:
Scott
Palsson
Murray
Stevenson

CM:
Miller
Thornhill

RW:
Wotherspoon
Vaz Te

LW:
Riordan
Galbraith

CF:
Sodje
NEW CF

3 new signings, plus Towell, and the likes of Welsh, Taggart, Byrne etc getting a few games.

Out with Rankin, Hart, De Graaf, Smith, Thicot, McBride, Nish, Duffy, Trakys, 9 out.

hfc rd
01-03-2011, 11:06 PM

Riordan
Dickoh
Stevenson
Stack
Miller

The rest can go.

:agree:. I would take that and it is a possibility that CC might want to keep those five as well as Ricardo Vaz Te, that is depending on his peformances. Here's hoping he is in the squad for the St Johnstone match this Saturday.

brydekirk
01-03-2011, 11:24 PM
:agree:. I would take that and it is a possibility that CC might want to keep those five as well as Ricardo Vaz Te, that is depending on his peformances. Here's hoping he is in the squad for the St Johnstone match this Saturday.
:confused:

Expecting Rain
02-03-2011, 10:52 AM
Sodje might not be the best, but he does a job that Nish could never do, vertically.

p.s You'd have be pleased to see Hoggy in another teams shirt on Saturday!

I`ll be even happier when i see Nish and Rankin in another teams shirt.:wink:

MyJo
02-03-2011, 01:04 PM
I`ll be even happier when i see Nish and Rankin in another teams shirt.:wink:

Hearts hopefully :greengrin

Speedway
02-03-2011, 01:34 PM
So who are the OOCs now?

Flynn
Stack
Smith
McCann
Dickoh
McBride
Miller
Riordan
Nish
Rankin
Byrne?
Welsh
Vaz Te

Any more?

WindyMiller
02-03-2011, 05:55 PM
So who are the OOCs now?

Flynn not seen for 2 years
Stack if fit
Smith not without a major change in form
McCann his chance has maybe gone
Dickoh Keep
McBride no thanks
Miller ditto
Riordan if he's not asking too much
Nish times up
Rankin ditto
Byrne? not seen for 2 years
Vaz Te ?

Any more?

BEEJ
02-03-2011, 07:24 PM
So who are the OOCs now?

Flynn
Stack
Smith
McCann
Dickoh
McBride
Miller
Riordan
Nish
Rankin
Byrne?
Welsh
Vaz Te

Any more?
Full position as I understand it is:

36 players in the squad (4 of which are currently out on loan)
Of these the contracts of 19 players end in June 2011, and the remaining 17 have contracts that continue into season 2011/12 and beyond.

Players with contracts ending by June 2011
Byrne, Kurtis
Dichoh, Francis
Duffy, Darryl
Flynn, Thomas (on loan at Albion Rovers)
McBride, Kevin
McCann, Kevin
Miller, Liam
Moyes, Ewan (on loan at Brechin City)
Nish, Colin
Rankin, John
Riordan, Derek
Smith, Graeme
Stack, Graham
Stevenson, Lewis
Thicot, Steven
Towell, Richie
Trakys, Valdas
Vaz Te, Ricardo
Welsh, Sean (on loan at Stirling Albion)

Players with contracts continuing beyond June 2011
Booth, Callum
Brown, Mark
De Graaf, Edwin (on loan at Excelsior, NL)
Divis, Jakub
Galbraith, Daniel
Hanlon, Paul
Hart, Michael
Horner, Lewis
Murray, Ian
Palsson, Victor
Scott, Martin
Smith, Scott
Sodje, Akpo
Stephens, David
Taggart, Scott
Thornhill, Matt
Wotherspoon, David

NOLA
03-03-2011, 12:32 AM
kevin mcann will leave in the summer with my best wishes, hes had an incredible run of bad luck with injuries, maybe he's related to the Van Persies of Rotterdam?

Phil D. Rolls
03-03-2011, 08:18 AM
Whoosh :duck:

Cropley10
03-03-2011, 12:17 PM
:yawn: