PDA

View Full Version : Is The Feel-Good Factor Back?

Dashing Bob S
28-02-2011, 08:40 PM
I think we've been in a sort of slow spiritual footballing decline since Mowbray and the 2007 League Cup win. (No Collins debate please - its been done to death!)

We hit rock-bottom, which was partially disguised by limping into Europe, and now the upward spiral seems to be starting again.

The difference being, that this time we have a proper stadium,and a good atmosphere thanks to fan initiatives, as well as our own training centre.

One swallow does not a summer make, and there will be setbacks, but its suddenly getting interesting and fun to be a Hibby again.

The Voice Of Reason
28-02-2011, 08:46 PM
I think we've been in a sort of slow spiritual footballing decline since Mowbray and the 2007 League Cup win. (No Collins debate please - its been done to death!)

We hit rock-bottom, which was partially disguised by limping into Europe, and now the upward spiral seems to be starting again.

The difference being, that this time we have a proper stadium,and a good atmosphere thanks to fan initiatives, as well as our own training centre.

One swallow does not a summer make, and there will be setbacks, but its suddenly getting interesting and fun to be a Hibby again.

Still work in progress, but 4 wins in a row is brilliant stuff. :agree:

However, some away games are up next.....yikes ! :worried:

Agree 100% with your post though. HIBS TILL I DIE.

monktonharp
28-02-2011, 08:47 PM

One swallow does not a summer make, and there will be setbacks, but its suddenly getting interesting and fun to be a Hibby again. sure is Boab, and having seen the performance of another of our home grown talent on saturday, makes me think positive again. Booth was immense!

Cluny Hibs
28-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Something must've changed as I'm going to my first away game in years tomorrow!:agree:

hibeedonald
28-02-2011, 09:00 PM
the feel good factor was here after 2007, first 6 months under yogi were amazing

squire
28-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Hibs - you had me at 'Hi'

cockneymike
28-02-2011, 11:49 PM
It must be, as I've been logging on here again. I stopped for a while as reading this made me want to slit my wrists...

Long may it continue, hopefully starting tomorrow.

smurf
28-02-2011, 11:52 PM
the feel good factor was here after 2007, first 6 months under yogi were amazing

The results were good but few were fooled by the poor performances.

FWIW I'm feeling much better about a lot at ER.

Jan was overall a good month in the transfer window. Job well done by RP and CC.

More required in the summer as the losers depart.

brydekirk
28-02-2011, 11:57 PM
:agree:

iwasthere1972
28-02-2011, 11:57 PM
The last time I felt this good was the night I helped the wife put all her belongings in a :taxi and :bye: her off.

JimBHibees
01-03-2011, 11:46 AM
The last time I felt this good was the night I helped the wife put all her belongings in a :taxi and :bye: her off.

Superb. :faf:

GloryGlory
01-03-2011, 12:11 PM
I think the jury's still out. CC has brought in his own players and at least made us more competitive. Whether that will continue into the longer term remains to be seen, but I am hopeful.

We are however still 10th in the league, and that is nowhere near making me feel good.

I hope that CC can continue to shake up the squad in the summer and next season we are not only more competitive, but also play decent football. I'll take that.

Plus being in the top four and getting to the later stages of the cups, or is that too much to hope for?

Andy74
01-03-2011, 03:50 PM
I felt a lot better in third to be honest, even fourth.

johnrebus
01-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Too early to say.

This is Hibs after all, it's only a month ago we were like lemmings, about to jump off a cliff..........,

Ask again round about October.

:greengrin

basehibby
01-03-2011, 05:17 PM

The team has just put together a run of four victories on the trot - the new signings are settling in well - there's another one in Vaz Te who as an unknown quantity with some pedigree is intriguing - young Booth is emerging as a star in the making...
So - an emphatic YES to that one Bob - the feelgood factor is back with a vengeance and will hopefully be boosted still further with a victory tonight that will have us all slavering into our pints and crying "Bring on those dirty Yam Fuds - it's delusion shattering time!"