PDA

View Full Version : Hibs 12th Man: Volunteers from the Singing Section wanted.

Hibs12thMan
28-02-2011, 04:20 PM
As some of you will be aware the Hibs 12th Man has had discussions with some guys in the Singing Section and Hibernian FC about groups from the Singing Section moving for one match to the West and the Famous Five stands.

The proposed match is the one against Hamilton on the 16th April, although this has still to be confirmed.

The Hibs 12th Man is looking for at least 50 volunteers for each stand to be the Singing Section Ambassadors.

Hibernian FC like the idea and will do all they can to make the transfer an easy one for season ticket holders. PATGs would just PATG for their chosen area.

The areas being set aside are; in the West Lower at or around the 18 yard line, basically opposite where the Singing Section is now but down a bit – it also gives the opportunity to get stuck right in to that linesman; in the Famous Five in the posh seats.

‘Normal’ Singing Section rules will apply – don’t ask what they are, if you're in the Singing Section you'll know!

The Singing ‘Sections’ could sing to each other, wave to each other, even show their shoes to each other! It could turn out to be a right good laugh!

This message will up on the Hibs 12th Man Facebook page; the HibeesBounce and Hibs.net. If you are up for it please only reply on one post as there is no way of matching user IDs on the forums to real names on Facebook. Don’t be shy; we won’t come looking for you if you change your mind!

Greentinted
28-02-2011, 04:36 PM
On a personal level, I'm all for a bit of radgeness and a carry-on at the fitba but a wee bit of judicious consideration may be prudent here. People attend games for many different reasons and choose to sit in parts of the ground which suits their particular attitudes. As has been underlined many times, no fan is better or worse than any other and so it may be wise not to impose certain attitudes on those who choose, for their own reasons, not to jump up and down and sing themselves hoarse for 90 mins. We're all different, and everyone should be catered for.

Just a thought and certainly no offence intended.

hibeedonald
28-02-2011, 05:11 PM
On a personal level, I'm all for a bit of radgeness and a carry-on at the fitba but a wee bit of judicious consideration may be prudent here. People attend games for many different reasons and choose to sit in parts of the ground which suits their particular attitudes. As has been underlined many times, no fan is better or worse than any other and so it may be wise not to impose certain attitudes on those who choose, for their own reasons, not to jump up and down and sing themselves hoarse for 90 mins. We're all different, and everyone should be catered for.

Just a thought and certainly no offence intended.

agreed i go to the singing section but think its pointless to move to the west, if they wanted to sing there then they would move to the east?

woody47
28-02-2011, 05:29 PM
Personally I do not see the point. I used to have a ST in the west and most people around me did not join in the signing or even looked like they were bothered about joining in.
Whilst I would love to see all home stands singing and bouncing, it just aint gonna happen.
What we DO need though is to try and get everyone who DOES want to sing over to the singing section. So why not get THEM to swap their seats for the day and lets hear how noisy ER can be. Maybe then the fans who prefer not to sing might get swayed a little more to join in.
And lets make it clear here, some people just do not want to sing for their own personal reasons and I see no reason why that should change. Everyone is entitled to their own feelings regarding this and it should not be about having a go at them just because they aren't singing. Personally, I love a good sing song - always have done and always will. Gets rid of a week's worth of built up stress from work (murder during close season though).:agree:

marinello59
28-02-2011, 05:31 PM
I think it's a great idea. Hope it happens, it could be a great laugh having the stands trying to out sing each other. :cgwa:flag:

greenlex
28-02-2011, 05:34 PM
You have just got the signing section together. It's a bit daft to split it up already. Leave as is. You are doing a great job where you are.

Antifa Hibs
28-02-2011, 06:10 PM
Also fail to see what this would achieve..?

All your likely to get is the 50 volunteers singing between themselves... You'll also have the potential to piss folk off, standing etc.

A much more sensible idea would be for one game to get fans from the other stands to come to the singing section to sample it, as opposed to to taking the singing to them.

A group of 400 as one unit is alot more stronger than 200 here, 100 there, 50 over there etc etc.

Stantons Angel
28-02-2011, 06:12 PM
As far as im aware i personally dont want to be surrounded by kids singing that awful dirge "Calderwood's Green & White Army"!!!!

I like to sing as much as the rest of you but the constant drone is, I find, really annoying!

Please stay at the back of the East Stand and enjoy yourselves in your own area!!!

(No offence meant by the way)
:aok:

Albanian Hibs
28-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Also fail to see what this would achieve..?

All your likely to get is the 50 volunteers singing between themselves... You'll also have the potential to piss folk off, standing etc.

A much more sensible idea would be for one game to get fans from the other stands to come to the singing section to sample it, as opposed to to taking the singing to them.

A group of 400 as one unit is alot more stronger than 200 here, 100 there, 50 over there etc etc.

:agree:

.Sean.
28-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Good luck in the West.

I had my ST in there last season - Be prepared to be stared at as if you've three heids if you raise your voice and go radge at an incident!

marinello59
28-02-2011, 06:15 PM
Good luck in the West.

I had my ST in there last season - Be prepared to be stared at as if you've three heids if you raise your voice and go radge at an incident!
:rolleyes:

hibee_girl
28-02-2011, 06:16 PM
As some of you will be aware the Hibs 12th Man has had discussions with some guys in the Singing Section and Hibernian FC about groups from the Singing Section moving for one match to the West and the Famous Five stands.

The proposed match is the one against Hamilton on the 16th April, although this has still to be confirmed.

The Hibs 12th Man is looking for at least 50 volunteers for each stand to be the Singing Section Ambassadors.

Hibernian FC like the idea and will do all they can to make the transfer an easy one for season ticket holders. PATGs would just PATG for their chosen area.

The areas being set aside are; in the West Lower at or around the 18 yard line, basically opposite where the Singing Section is now but down a bit – it also gives the opportunity to get stuck right in to that linesman; in the Famous Five in the posh seats.

‘Normal’ Singing Section rules will apply – don’t ask what they are, if you're in the Singing Section you'll know!

The Singing ‘Sections’ could sing to each other, wave to each other, even show their shoes to each other! It could turn out to be a right good laugh!

This message will up on the Hibs 12th Man Facebook page; the HibeesBounce and Hibs.net. If you are up for it please only reply on one post as there is no way of matching user IDs on the forums to real names on Facebook. Don’t be shy; we won’t come looking for you if you change your mind!

The game is now on the 17th, just in case you weren't aware.

Hermit Crab
28-02-2011, 06:23 PM
Good luck in the West.

Not true. Theres quite a few loud mouths in the West upper that are no strangers to expletive remarks

Hibs12thMan
28-02-2011, 06:30 PM
This was an idea that has been put forward by supporters in the Singing Section and by supporters from the other stands. The Hibs 12th Man is enabling it to happen with the help of Hibernian FC.

Can it just be made absolutely clear though that this is for one match only – well this season anyway – it’s just to see how it goes. :agree:

What is expected to be a quiet(ish) game anyway will be chosen and the parts of the stadium to which the 'Ambassadors' :rolleyes: go are unlikely to be overcrowded with regulars. The intention is to spread the good work of the Singing Section, not to upset anyone.

Netters from the West and Famous Five have often said in the past how they wish supporters around them would join in the singing but won’t. This would also be an ideal opportunity for those supporters to move within their own stand and join in too.

There is no preconceived outcome.

If it fails because supporters in the West and / or Famous Five are upset so be it, it’s very unlikely something similar would be tried again in the foreseeable future.

If it a success then careful consideration would have to be given as to how singing sections could be set up in those stands without diluting what has already been achieved in the East.

As those in the West and Famous Five will have seen a Singing Section needn’t take up the whole stand and there would plenty room to accommodate everyone, however they wish to support the team / Club. :aok:

Thank you Hibee Girl - the 17th

Jay
28-02-2011, 06:41 PM
Will the club inform those who sit around the new 'one match only' area that this will be happening and offer to move them away if they want?

Some people are unable to stand for any length of time so could end up seeing nothing of the game. Personally I like the singing but the chanting starts to go through me after a while - nothing I cant cope with when I am far enough away but it would drive me mad if I was in the middle of it. People choose where they sit for many reasons.

Like others have said - you do a great job where you are and if people want to join in let them move to you. :thumbsup:

Sorry :hide:

frazeHFC
28-02-2011, 07:04 PM
I was getting excited until i read they will be in the FF upper tier, as i am in the lower. :rolleyes:

seanraff07
28-02-2011, 08:44 PM
I was getting excited until i read they will be in the FF upper tier, as i am in the lower. :rolleyes:

Exchange your ticket for that game then mate.

frazeHFC
28-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Exchange your ticket for that game then mate.

Oh yeah, never even thought of that. :greengrin Will ask my mate if he wants to. Plus it means i don't need to sit next to my mum, as she is going to watch my brother do the 10 second challenge. Nice excuse to watch the game elsewhere without her yapping. :na na:

NAE NOOKIE
28-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Not against the idea.

But would it not be a better idea to get some of the singing section to move to the other end of the East. From the half way line I can hear the singing section clearly and have noticed that a few more folk are joining in, but it would maybe help if the noise was coming from both ends of the stand.

No doubt though that the 12th man has been the best thing to happen this season, was imressed too with the flags along the back of the East on Saturday.

ER is becoming more and more like it was intended to be, a ground with character and athmosphere.

Long may it continue and hopefully grow.

:flag:

Keith_M
01-03-2011, 10:39 AM
Wow, the singing section in the 'posh seats', that's just so subversive it's hard to believe! :wink:

Nice to see the misery gutses in the other stands showing their true colours as well. Maybe we should call the West the 'sit down, shut up dinny..' stand :na na:

[for the sake of endless arguments from those with a sense of humour bypass, the above comment is intended in a light hearted way. Apologies in advance for any offence caused]