PDA

View Full Version : Davie McPherson R.I.P.

Rattler
27-02-2011, 10:08 PM
I regret to inform the Hibs community of the sudden passing on 23rd Feb of a fine fellow Hibby, Davie McPherson, who stayed at the Jewel.

Don't know if Davie posted on these boards, or if he did, what his user name was, but he was an avid follower of Hibs.

Davie worked for nearly 30 years in L&B police.

Funeral details as beolw for those who know him:

His funeral will be held at 1pm Wednesday 2 March within Warriston Crematorium. The cortege will leave from David's address in Vexhim Park at 12.20pm and travel to Warriston via Easter Road Stadium.The family invite friends and colleagues to attend and the wearing of Hibs scarves would be welcomed. Thereafter, an invitation is extended to join with them at The Quayside, Musselburgh.

FranckSuzy
27-02-2011, 10:11 PM
I regret to inform the Hibs community of the sudden passing on 23rd Feb of a fine fellow Hibby, Davie McPherson, who stayed at the Jewel.

Don't know if Davie posted on these boards, or if he did, what his user name was, but he was an avid follower of Hibs.

Davie worked for nearly 30 years in L&B police.

Funeral details as beolw for those who know him:

His funeral will be held at 1pm Wednesday 2 March within Warriston Crematorium. The cortege will leave from David's address in Vexhim Park at 12.20pm and travel to Warriston via Easter Road Stadium.The family invite friends and colleagues to attend and the wearing of Hibs scarves would be welcomed. Thereafter, an invitation is extended to join with them at The Quayside, Musselburgh.

Sorry to hear this. I didn't know Davie personally but it's always sad to hear of a good Hibby's passing. RIP.

monktonharp
27-02-2011, 10:33 PM
I too am sorry to hear the passing of a fellow Hibby, and I do live on the other side of the Brunstane Burn , near Vexhim. never knew Davie, but who knows. might have passed him several times without knowing him. RIP and god bless.

SON OF PADDY
27-02-2011, 10:37 PM
R.i.p. Ggtth

cabbageandribs1875
27-02-2011, 10:53 PM
condolences to all his family/friends

CentreLine
27-02-2011, 10:53 PM
I did know Davie and his death came out of the blue and as a complete shock, he was just a young man with lots to live for and a lovely family man. He will be sadly missed both as a great hibee and an all round good guy. RIP

CMcP
27-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Dave was my big brother and a nicer more grounded guy you couldn't hope to meet.

He took me to all my first games at ER in the seventies so he has a lot to answer for!! His daughters, neices and nephews are all now dedicated followers of the cause.

Myself and my two sons were there yesterday with a big lump in the throats, especially when Booth scored his screamer.

The messages of sympathy from friends, Hibbies, Police colleagues and neighbours have been a big source of comfort to his family after such an untimely shock.

RIP Dave:flag:

HibbyAndy
27-02-2011, 11:11 PM
RIP Dave.

Craig_HFC
27-02-2011, 11:12 PM
RIP Dave.

My thoughts go out to his family & friends.

GGTTH.

Hibby D
27-02-2011, 11:48 PM
It's always sad to hear of the loss of another Hibby but particularly sore when it's someone who's obviously gone too young. There's been far too many over the last year or two.

Loving thoughts to Davie's family and friends :agree:

IWasThere2016
28-02-2011, 06:41 AM
RIP Davie

billbee
28-02-2011, 08:26 AM
Rest In Peace Davie

weonlywon6-2
28-02-2011, 08:51 AM
Ive known Davie since the early 90`s working at Leith and most recently at the FCC at Bilston.

Great bloke and always cheerie.

RIP

GGTTH

Jay
28-02-2011, 10:08 AM
Got a call this morning from a family of non Hibbys wanting our scarves for Davies funeral, its an honour for us to hand them over.

RIP Davie

Macaroon
28-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Rest in peace Dave

--------
28-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Didn't know him, but best regards to his family.

sixofthebest
28-02-2011, 10:53 PM
Dave was my uncle and we sat (suffered) together at Easter Road along with his daughter. We were in the West stand, Row H 174-176 and our seats offered magnificent views of dodgy goalies, crappy refs and the odd moment of magic :wink:

His last game was the Kilmarnock match, so at least he left with feelings of optimism, rather than the doom and gloom we had to put up with earlier in the season!

All your kind messages mean a lot at this very difficult time. The club has lost a truly top notch fan.

mim
28-02-2011, 11:31 PM
Rest in peace, good Hibby.

Sincere condolences to all family and friends.

BSEJVT
01-03-2011, 07:58 AM
Although I didn't know Davie I am very sorry for your loss.

RIP Davie

GGTTH

Fife-Hibee
01-03-2011, 09:13 AM
very sad to here, R.I.P

maudette 11
01-03-2011, 07:30 PM
I knew Davie as a colleague & Hibby, always a cheery bloke, gone to soon and so near retirement...

R.I.P.

:hibees

capitals_finest
03-03-2011, 08:08 AM
Sad news for the hibs family. I have a relative that knew Davie and she said that he was a really lovely guy and hibs through and through. RIP

hibernian36
03-03-2011, 04:17 PM
I only found out today through an ex-colleague. I worked for a short time at the FCC and Davie was one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. Always had a smile on his face and we always talked about the Hibees. Had I known sooner I would've been at the funeral. My thoughts go out to his family and friends. R.I.P mate.

NAE NOOKIE
03-03-2011, 09:03 PM
Sad to hear of a good Hibby passing R.I.P. and condolences to his family.