PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to............

greenlex
27-02-2011, 06:30 PM
our goalkeeper rotation system?:confused:
It should have been Divis in goals yesterday and if he isnt fit back to Brown.
In any case Stack should have disappeared into thin air as of last week.:greengrin
WTF is going on? We need to know.

ancient hibee
27-02-2011, 06:45 PM
All we NEED to know is that the manager picks the team.Divis is ill the other goalies have had their chance and the best one is playing.

Reaper
27-02-2011, 06:50 PM
All we NEED to know is that the manager picks the team.Divis is ill the other goalies have had their chance and the best one is playing.

Certainly on recent form

brog
27-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Has CC said there's a goalkeeper rotation policy? Not being smart here, I've been away a few times but have never seen this statement from Hibs, only the media. FWIW I don't believe there's any such thing. Something obviously happened with MB, went out team & not even on bench. At that time Stack was still not fully fit so Smith had to play. Stack is now fit, has conceded 1 pen goal in 4 games & if that continues I think he'll be in team to stay. I think Divis may get opportunity later on if circumstances permit.

M11BMO
27-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Who cares!? We're on a winning run after all.

RickyS
27-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Has CC said there's a goalkeeper rotation policy? Not being smart here, I've been away a few times but have never seen this statement from Hibs, only the media. FWIW I don't believe there's any such thing. Something obviously happened with MB, went out team & not even on bench. At that time Stack was still not fully fit so Smith had to play. Stack is now fit, has conceded 1 pen goal in 4 games & if that continues I think he'll be in team to stay. I think Divis may get opportunity later on if circumstances permit.

yeah he said so in an interview. he was asked why Brown had been dropped in favour of Smith the answer was along the lines of - I want a chance to see all of them in a game environment, they all know where they stand and they will all get a few games....

brog
27-02-2011, 08:03 PM
yeah he said so in an interview. he was asked why Brown had been dropped in favour of Smith the answer was along the lines of - I want a chance to see all of them in a game environment, they all know where they stand and they will all get a few games....

Thanks, that makes sense but it sounds a bit different from a rotation policy though. I still suspect that's a journo phrase. Guess he's seen them all now ( bar Divis ) so hopefully Stack's in charge for now at least!

IWasThere2016
27-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Pre Divis, I think CC wanted to assess them all and also may have been making a point for the need for a fourth keeper.

Pretty Boy
27-02-2011, 08:20 PM

I remember Kenny Dalglish saying something similar when he was briefly manager of Celtc.

He dropped Jonathan Gould for his 1st game in charge (after the 1-3 defeat by ICT in the cup) and when asked why he said he wanted to see all the keepers in action. It was revealed not long after that Gould was suspected of being the mole who had leaked details of the half time bust up during the ICT game. Unsurprisingly Gould never played again under Dalglish.

I'm convinced something more than just bad kicking has happened with regards to Brown. I have no clue what but CC obviously now realises Stack is the best keeper we have and barring inury/suspension/catastrophic loss of form i'm convinced he will play every game between now and the end of the season.

yekimevol
27-02-2011, 10:43 PM
i think the rotation system for the keepers is not on the games but on the form of the player, i.e. smith was poor on several occations and dropped stack has performed well thus kept his place.

brown performed average and caldo took the chance with smith

HibeeMcGinn1
27-02-2011, 10:48 PM
If Stack keeps fit IMO he's our number 1 till the end of the season with Brown number 2. Then CC should use pre-season matches to decide who he wants as his 1st choice for next season, whether its Stack, Brown or Divis. I hope we let Smith leave.

hibbysam
27-02-2011, 11:11 PM
When Stack plays Hibs win..

Played 5 games this season in the league..

Motherwell Away 3-2 win
St Mirren Home 2-0 win
Kilmarnock Home 2-1 win (should've been 2-0)
St mirren Away 1-0 win
ICT Home 2-0 win

PeeJay
28-02-2011, 07:23 AM
In any case Stack should have disappeared into thin air as of last week.:greengrin

Don't think we have a goalkeeper rotation policy: CC certainly gave the various goalkeepers their chances - and he was probably right to give each of them a run of 3-4 games, but it seems to me that he has made his decision now. As long as Stack stays fit and in form, he should be the goalie. No need to rotate further.

Purehibee_MYB
28-02-2011, 10:26 AM
As long as Stack is playing well, and we are winning, I really couldn't care less about a keeper rotation system

Mikeystewart
28-02-2011, 10:55 AM
Was it not a way to find out who was the best keeper by giving them all a chance to impress?

I think it would be very harsh on Stack if had lost his place to a rotational system that has served its purpose, Stack is undoubtably at least the most in form if not the best of the three keepers.

I dont think it is a coinsidence that hibs have won four games on the bounce with Stack between the sticks. He has made some important saves, and seems to have a good understanding with the two centre halfs, despite a couple of scares with Hanlon on Saturday.

mikey1875
28-02-2011, 11:06 AM

I would say changing the goalie in a winning team is a bad idea

MacBean
28-02-2011, 12:50 PM
I don't sh*t myself every time the ball goes into our box or is fired at our goal when Stacky is in goals. :not worth