PDA

View Full Version : What is it with Hearts fans and....

Pretty Boy
27-02-2011, 04:24 PM
their rather worrying obsession with other teams attendances?:confused:

I pop over to kickback every so often for a laugh and everytime i'm on there is a thread about an attendance at an SPL game.

There is currently one wondering how we 'only' managed 13 000+ yesterday (ironic considering the 2 most deluded sets of fans in the league managed a whopping 9000 between them).

There were threads during the week slating the attendance at the Aberdeen game as well as the Dundee Utd game.

I could almost understand it if they were selling out every week but they are having their best season in 6 years and are averaging around about 14 000.

I just don't get why they are so worried/aroused by other teams crowds. Do fan of genuinely big clubs like Barcelona, Man Utd etc worry about the attendances at other teams games? Somehow i doubt it.

KeithTheHibby
27-02-2011, 04:27 PM

I pop over to kickback every so often for a laugh and everytime i'm on there is a thread about an attendance at an SPL game.

There is currently one wondering how we 'only' managed 13 000+ yesterday (ironic considering the 2 most deluded sets of fans in the league managed a whopping 9000 between them).

There were threads during the week slating the attendance at the Aberdeen game as well as the Dundee Utd game.

I could almost understand it if they were selling out every week but they are having their best season in 6 years and are averaging around about 14 000.

I just don't get why they are so worried/aroused by other teams crowds. Do fan of genuinely big clubs like Barcelona, Man Utd etc worry about the attendances at other teams games? Somehow i doubt it.

They like to call themselves the big team and us the wee team.

Smacks of small man syndrome, they are best left alone.

Golden Bear
27-02-2011, 04:31 PM
And I'd be surprised if anybody pays the full admission price at piggery park in any case.

The last time I looked they were selling tickets in Poundstretcher on a two for one offer.

Jim44
27-02-2011, 05:11 PM
Classic inferiority syndrome. Sometimes referred to as ***** envy. :greengrin

Dr What If?
27-02-2011, 05:18 PM
The answer lies in the fact they think they are on a par with the old firm (forever winning the SC, challenging for CL qualification every year, etc).

In truth, they are just the same as any other non OF team in Scotland. There crowds are the third biggest but that is all they have. Reality is 2 trophies is 50 odd years, a main stand that is ready to fall down, no European history at all and crowds not too dissimilar to our own. This one little fact is all they have, and the think it makes them the thrid member of the OF.

Hearts fans are the one set of fans (inc. OF) in Scotland where it is imposible to have a conversation about football. The're obsession, need, to be a 'big' team is so overwelming no other topic can even be approached. I've actually stopped hating and started pittying.

Jim44
27-02-2011, 05:24 PM
The answer lies in the fact they think they are on a par with the old firm (forever winning the SC, challenging for CL qualification every year, etc).

In truth, they are just the same as any other non OF team in Scotland. There crowds are the third biggest but that is all they have. Reality is 2 trophies is 50 odd years, a main stand that is ready to fall down, no European history at all and crowds not too dissimilar to our own. This one little fact is all they have, and the think it makes them the thrid member of the OF.

Hearts fans are the one set of fans (inc. OF) in Scotland where it is imposible to have a conversation about football. The're obsession, need, to be a 'big' team is so overwelming no other topic can even be approached. I've actually stopped hating and started pittying.

Don't be soft ......................... get your priorities right.:greengrin

Barney McGrew
27-02-2011, 05:25 PM

I pop over to kickback every so often for a laugh and everytime i'm on there is a thread about an attendance at an SPL game

They should maybe spend time working out why, in a season that they're skooshing third, their average attendance has gone down from last year.

Maybe they've had too many home games clash with Rangers matches at Ibrox :dunno:

frazeHFC
27-02-2011, 06:14 PM
I always get this from Yams, "you only got 11,000" etc. One was slagging me that they managed to take 2000 up to St Johnstone on a Saturday when it was Jefferies first game back.....then we took 2000 up to St Johnstone on a Wednesday, although i am sure we all regret going. :greengrin

RickyS
27-02-2011, 06:52 PM

in a nutshell mate:top marks

Cropley10
27-02-2011, 06:57 PM
:agree: They're obsessed with attendances

And yet, and yet - when you stand back and look at it, they're actually congratulating themselves on getting about 2,000 per week extra, or about 0.5% of the Edinburgh population!

If they got 26k per week - say like Forest do down South - and we got 13k I could sort of understand it. But when you're full of yourself over a tiny figure you do have to wonder.

As someone else has pointed out two trophies in 50 years. Big Team indeed.

Pretty Boy
27-02-2011, 07:02 PM

A lot of good points here i feel.

Hearts fans really are obsessed with being a 'big' team. It's a massive part of the mythology they have created around themsleves. Their so called 'special relationship' with the Scottish Cup (3 wins in 100 years i think) is a major part of this.

My personal favourite was the fool on kickbak who stated that Hearts would be 'a giant amongst minnows' if the old firm were ever allowed to move to the EPL. The worst part is i think he was being deadly serious.

Hibs Class
27-02-2011, 07:05 PM
:agree: They're obsessed with attendances

And yet, and yet - when you stand back and look at it, they're actually congratulating themselves on getting about 2,000 per week extra, or about 0.5% of the Edinburgh population!

If they got 26k per week - say like Forest do down South - and we got 13k I could sort of understand it. But when you're full of yourself over a tiny figure you do have to wonder.

As someone else has pointed out two trophies in 50 years. Big Team indeed.

But I think there have been a few near misses as well - Dashing Bob S may be able to enlighten us.

Cropley10
27-02-2011, 10:00 PM
But I think there have been a few near misses as well - Dashing Bob S may be able to enlighten us.

:agree: Of course! How dare I forget, Hearts also like to congratulate themselves forever on throwing away two pieces of silverware in a very short space of time [I forget the precise details].

Nearly winning something makes them a Big Team, apparently :rolleyes::greengrin

matty_f
27-02-2011, 10:05 PM
The big team pish really makes me laugh - these clowns aren't even a big team outside of the west of Edinburgh, FFS.

Rangers and Celtc are big teams, their fans still don't even think about the Yams.

iwasthere1972
27-02-2011, 10:15 PM

Surely some mistake. :confused:

10,000 in their new stand/hotel complex and only a total of about 4,000 in the other 3 stands. Can someone check this out. :aok:

3pm
27-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Pink filth.

Kevvy1875
27-02-2011, 11:31 PM
We got 13K+ Vs an unfashionable team when we are having our most horrendous season in 11-12 years.

Well done the board for the innovative nature of this offer. I felt they should have advertised a little then we would have got alot more people out for the game. The only way people knew about this was from emails which they might hardly ever read and from Hibs.net from which there was a thread but not really a popular one.

I don't really care what the Yams think tbh. I'm just glad that Hibs offered this and shows they are prepared to listen to fans. This option isn't available to them because their owner does what he likes basically.

HibbyAndy
27-02-2011, 11:34 PM
**** the Hearts.

Nothing but a bunch of tossers.

bingo70
27-02-2011, 11:42 PM
Think this superiority complex comes from them winning the double in '86 :agree:

Since they won the league at dens they seem to think they're up there with the old firm.

Unfortunately in the last 20 years or so since i started supporting hibs more often than not they've finished above us and been more successfull than us yet they still only get marginally bigger crowds and when we're doing better than them i think we actually get bigger crowds so i'd actually say that potentially we're a far bigger club than them but in reality i don't really give a monkeys if we're bigger or not, we're a far greater club than they'll ever be regardless of size.

iwasthere1972
27-02-2011, 11:49 PM
**** the Hearts.

Wee Airdrie Jambo agrees.

Springbank
28-02-2011, 06:59 AM
Hearts are the tallest dwarf

Keith_M
28-02-2011, 07:24 AM
It was inevitable that they would slag off any crowd less than a sell out in the Hibs End for Green Day.

I would say, though, that if anybody was REALLY bothered by what people write on Kickback there is one solution. Try not looking at it :dunno:

Hermit Crab
28-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Have a look at a thread on JKB entitled "standing". Very interesting link to a website called safestanding.co.uk

Could help bring standing back if enough people were to sign up/email their msps

poolman
28-02-2011, 03:03 PM
Any team that has 400,000 fans like they have deserve to gloat at wee teams like us :rolleyes:

Hibercelona
28-02-2011, 03:34 PM
Quality over quantity.

But try explaining that to 400,000 boring bassas.

Greentinted
28-02-2011, 03:47 PM
**** the Hearts.

Good point. Well made!
:flag:

Dashing Bob S
28-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Think this superiority complex comes from them winning the double in '86 :agree:

Since they won the league at dens they seem to think they're up there with the old firm.

Unfortunately in the last 20 years or so since i started supporting hibs more often than not they've finished above us and been more successfull than us yet they still only get marginally bigger crowds and when we're doing better than them i think we actually get bigger crowds so i'd actually say that potentially we're a far bigger club than them but in reality i don't really give a monkeys if we're bigger or not, we're a far greater club than they'll ever be regardless of size.

The problem is that historic double they won was over twenty years ago. It's like Aberdeen with the Cup Winners Cup, they just can't let it rest.

Hibs Class
28-02-2011, 07:37 PM
The problem is that historic double they won was over twenty years ago. It's like Aberdeen with the Cup Winners Cup, they just can't let it rest.

Nearer 25 years, Bob - in fact, by rights there should be a TV programme along very soon to celebrate the silver anniversary of that glorious week in May and remind us all how they did it. Does anyone have a Radio Times they could check?

Bostonhibby
28-02-2011, 07:43 PM

I might be wrong but I think that fulfilling the prophecy of winning the Champions league by 2008 (?) splitting the OF and finally laying the last brick for the Megasuperhotelstadium probably has something to do with it.:greengrin words being greater than deeds in cloud cuckooland.

bingo70
28-02-2011, 08:12 PM
I might be wrong but I think that fulfilling the prophecy of winning the Champions league by 2008 (?) splitting the OF and finally laying the last brick for the Megasuperhotelstadium probably has something to do with it.:greengrin words being greater than deeds in cloud cuckooland.

The fact they no longer lose 5 goals to celtic since vlad came in definately sets them apart from the rest of us :agree:

Bostonhibby
28-02-2011, 08:20 PM
The fact they no longer lose 5 goals to celtic since vlad came in definately sets them apart from the rest of us :agree:

:thumbsup: Clinches it for me, you don't get better than that, everything they say they do. We truly are privileged to share the city with these footballing giants.

JimBHibees
01-03-2011, 01:47 PM
A lot of good points here i feel.

Hearts fans really are obsessed with being a 'big' team. It's a massive part of the mythology they have created around themsleves. Their so called 'special relationship' with the Scottish Cup (3 wins in 100 years i think) is a major part of this.

Yep the 300 or so at the Sheep game on Saturday were regaling the former hero Hartley, with 'You used to play for a big team'. Certain irony in that IMO.

Phil MaGlass
01-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Thing is, any decent minded yam will tell you that there was no way on earth they were averaging attendances of 11 plus thousand for the last 3-4 yrs, seems they just like to brag about having more fans than us its the Ive got a biggerpenisthanyou syndrome. Nobody ever sees it and everyone knows its talk.
Also does selling your season tickets to kids for 15quid really count?

The_Horde
01-03-2011, 01:56 PM
They are just worrying their little ***** off that this hibee revival will be too strong for them come April.

Squeaky bum time down the rat shelter.

The_Horde
01-03-2011, 01:57 PM
I thought they were past bothering about us anyway?

Jim44
01-03-2011, 08:34 PM
...and there they are tonight again - " Interesting to hear what the attendance will be at the Hamilton game." Are they paranoid about attendances? Petty little people.

Part/Time Supporter
01-03-2011, 09:44 PM
...and there they are tonight again - " Interesting to hear what the attendance will be at the Hamilton game." Are they paranoid about attendances? Petty little people.

Just out of interest, about 250 lower than their game at Hamilton a few weeks ago, which was played at 3pm on a Saturday.

Meh.

Pretty Boy
01-03-2011, 09:54 PM
;2747896']I thought they were past bothering about us anyway?

:agree: There real rivals have been Rangers and Celtc for the last few years now.

They pity us apparently. Fuds!

I cannot wait for the derby in April. We now have a team that can win the physical battle which is 95% of the battle against Hearts.

Dashing Bob S
02-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Phoar! My stadium holds twenty thousand and yours only holds sixteen and a half Mr Jambo next door neighbour! Bet your Mrs would love to see a big stadium like mine, instead of that crumbly wee diseased thing you've got, eh? Phoar! Send her round some time! Have her singing like the 12th man!