PDA

View Full Version : The most tension packed games in my Hibs supporting career

Spike Mandela
27-02-2011, 04:37 PM
http://thehiblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/airdrie170597.jpg

http://thehiblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/airdrie220597.jpg

Interesting to read Duffy's views on playoffs considering the SPL's idea of bringing them back in.

ChilliEater
28-02-2011, 08:55 AM
Hugh Keevins - never understood why an Edinburgh based paper employed such a Celtc loving ****. Another one perpetuating the myth that Hibs were saved from relegation by reconstruction. We were not, we were gash but St Mirren were worse and finished bottom. At the height of the Mercer takeover he managed to write a piece about the takeover attempt that, within the first paragraph or so, had turned into an examination of the Celtic boardroom set-up and whether or not a similar takeover was possible there, as if that was the really important issue. Twat.
Sorry, bit of a thread hijack rant there :greengrin

lapsedhibee
28-02-2011, 11:45 AM
My pleasure in reading about the two-leg victory over Airdrie was tempered somewhat by the fact that one of the opposition had to leave the field with a quite serious injury. Cannot fully enjoy the moment knowing that an opponent's ankle was broken during the second game. Anyone know what happened subsequently to this unfortunate player, a "G.Mackay"? Was it a promising, medal-strewn career nipped in the bud? :dunno:

Dashing Bob S
28-02-2011, 01:10 PM
My pleasure in reading about the two-leg victory over Airdrie was tempered somewhat by the fact that one of the opposition had to leave the field with a quite serious injury. Cannot fully enjoy the moment knowing that an opponent's ankle was broken during the second game. Anyone know what happened subsequently to this unfortunate player, a "G.Mackay"? Was it a promising, medal-strewn career nipped in the bud? :dunno:

Wasn't he eventually given a testimonial at Tynecastle which attracted an attendance of seventy-three?

Or was that another G MacKay?

lapsedhibee
28-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Wasn't he eventually given a testimonial at Tynecastle which attracted an attendance of seventy-three?

Did that match finish 1-1? For some reason 1-1 (73) sticks in my mind.

bawheid
28-02-2011, 01:30 PM
No medals.

SouthMoroccoStu
28-02-2011, 03:08 PM

Or was that another G MacKay?

Of topic I know but......

Is that true of the Hearts Gary MacKay?

Heard it mentioned a few times but don't know the story