PDA

View Full Version : Season tickets 2011

Hibees07
27-02-2011, 04:14 PM
I was just reading the information on season tickets for next year and was surprised to notice a change that some fans may not have been aware of.

I currently have a ticket for the west lower with my 2 sons, 1 a student & the other a Hibs Kid, if I remember correctly the cost of tickets last season were:

£405 for me.
£120 for Student.
£75 for Hibs Kid.

A total of £600.

Hibernian say that they have frozen prices however that is not entirely true as they have introduced a Hibs Futures Ticket. That means I will now have to pay:

£405 for me.
£120 for Student
£120 for Hibs Kid Futures.

A total of £645.

I thought the whole idea was to get youngsters into the ground so they would in turn become the next generation of adult supporter.

Frozen prices should mean frozen prices, not new price scales to scam extra money off families who can probably least afford it.

I am now so peeved off with the club for this underhand tactic that I am seriously considering not renewing any of my 3 tickets. :brickwall

Sir David Gray
27-02-2011, 04:29 PM
I was just reading the information on season tickets for next year and was surprised to notice a change that some fans may not have been aware of.

I currently have a ticket for the west lower with my 2 sons, 1 a student & the other a Hibs Kid, if I remember correctly the cost of tickets last season were:

£405 for me.
£120 for Student.
£75 for Hibs Kid.

A total of £600.

Hibernian say that they have frozen prices however that is not entirely true as they have introduced a Hibs Futures Ticket. That means I will now have to pay:

£405 for me.
£120 for Student

A total of £645.

I thought the whole idea was to get youngsters into the ground so they would in turn become the next generation of adult supporter.

Frozen prices should mean frozen prices, not new price scales to scam extra money off families who can probably least afford it.

I am now so peeved off with the club for this underhand tactic that I am seriously considering not renewing any of my 3 tickets. :brickwall

You would have thought so. :agree:

Disabled season tickets are also increasing by 20% so this is false advertising by Hibs.

I thought companies got in trouble for this. :confused:

marinello59
27-02-2011, 04:33 PM
You would have thought so. :agree:

Disabled season tickets are also increasing by 20% so this is false advertising by Hibs.

I thought companies got in trouble for this. :confused:

What did Hibs say when you contacted them about this?

Dirkster23
27-02-2011, 04:39 PM

Exactly what i was going to ask.

Sir David Gray
27-02-2011, 04:46 PM

I'll be contacting them when I get my season ticket stuff through the door.

H18sry
27-02-2011, 04:50 PM

Why wait? if you know they are about to commit an offence is it not better to let them know before it happens?

Twiglet
27-02-2011, 04:54 PM
Your ticket will be £380 in the next year I think. You get a discount because you're buying with a concession.

Scouse Hibee
27-02-2011, 05:01 PM

£405 for me.
£120 for Student.
£75 for Hibs Kid.

A total of £600.

£405 for me.
£120 for Student

A total of £645.

£380 for yours if you buy them at the same time and get the family price, but it still makes you out of pocket.

Sir David Gray
Why wait? if you know they are about to commit an offence is it not better to let them know before it happens?

I don't know the ins and outs of the law, I just thought it was against the rules/laws of advertising to mislead people in the way that Hibs seem to be doing with this "price freeze" advert.

I can't believe that Hibs would allow themselves to fall foul of any laws so there must be a loophole somewhere.

Barney McGrew
Your ticket will be £380 in the next year I think. You get a discount because you're buying with a concession.

:agree:

I don't know the ins and outs of the law, I just thought it was against the rules/laws of advertising to mislead people in the way that Hibs seem to be doing with this "price freeze" advert.

I can't believe that Hibs would allow themselves to fall foul of any laws so there must be a loophole somewhere.

Was there a 'Hibs Kid Futures' price band last year? If not, that's how they'll be doing it since it didn't exist before.

Hibees07
27-02-2011, 05:02 PM

Your correct, but I'm sure it was the same price last year.

I picked up the wrong adult price on the offical site, it still means an extra £45 for me if I renew.

Removed
27-02-2011, 05:04 PM

http://www.oft.gov.uk/about-the-oft/legal-powers/legal/misleading-advertisements/what-is-it

Sir David Gray
27-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Was there a 'Hibs Kid Futures' price band last year? If not, that's how they'll be doing it since it didn't exist before.

I'm talking about the disabled prices though, not the kids prices.

This season, my season ticket cost £100, next season, it's going to cost £120.

No price freeze there.

Barney McGrew
27-02-2011, 05:10 PM
I'm talking about the disabled prices though, not the kids prices.

This season, my season ticket cost £100, next season, it's going to cost £120.

No price freeze there.

Did you have to buy the cup top up seperately last year?

Sir David Gray
27-02-2011, 05:11 PM
http://www.oft.gov.uk/about-the-oft/legal-powers/legal/misleading-advertisements/what-is-it

Thanks for that. Having checked that out, I would say that Hibs are guilty of falsely advertising their season ticket prices for next season. :agree:

Removed

Everybody did so that argument is irrelevant imo

Sir David Gray

Cup top ups were separate this season but I didn't get one.

Hibees07
27-02-2011, 05:13 PM
Right, for confirmation my tickets cost £595 this season and will cost £620 next season.

I think the £595 last season included a £10 Hibs Kid membership, I'm not sure if that will still need added to next seasons cost.

marinello59
27-02-2011, 05:17 PM
Here is what they say

"2010 PRICING -*prices have been recategorised and held at 2010 levels, with new discounted*and added value packages."

That is a bit different from saying all prices have been frozen.

Removed
27-02-2011, 05:18 PM

Do we need to wait for "the stuff" or can we apply now?

Barney McGrew
27-02-2011, 05:18 PM
Everybody did so that argument is irrelevant imo

It is with regards the advertising of prices, but if you bought one last year and get it free this year by taking the early bird offer, then surely you'll be getting the seasons cheaper overall this time round?

What price was the cup top up last year - £40, £50 something like that? (I'm not trying to be clever BTW, I genuinely can't remember)

Do we need to wait for the stuff or can we apply now?

Forms are online now

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/seasonticketmemberships/0,,10290,00.html

Removed
27-02-2011, 05:22 PM
It is with regards the advertising of prices, but if you bought one last year and get it free this year by taking the early bird offer, then surely you'll be getting the seasons cheaper overall this time round?

What price was the cup top up last year - £40, £50 something like that? (I'm not trying to be clever BTW, I genuinely can't remember)

Forms are online now

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/seasonticketmemberships/0,,10290,00.html

Thanks for link.

Yes, think adults top up was £50. Agree as a package many will be better off, but a lot of folk don't get to cup games as they are midweek so never buy a top up. I think that on the face of it the adverts are misleading if even one category goes up for the cost of a basic ST irrespective of what gets added in free.

Sir David Gray
27-02-2011, 05:29 PM
Here is what they say

"2010 PRICING -*prices have been recategorised and held at 2010 levels, with new discounted*and added value packages."

That is a bit different from saying all prices have been frozen.

Here is something else that they also say;

"The Club has FROZEN prices at 2010/11 levels for next season".

That is pretty conclusive in my book and you would think that, after reading that, the basic price of all season tickets would be exactly the same as last year. They've even capitalised the word "frozen" for greater effect.

Forget cup top ups and all the rest of it, I'm talking about the basic cost of a season ticket, for the 19 home league games.

Hibees07
27-02-2011, 05:30 PM
What I cannot fathom out is the statement about the Hibs Futures tickets, it states on the offical site 'after feedback from the supporters', what supporter wants to pay £120 for a 12-15 year old child instead of £75. Has the club made this up or are there actually people out there who want to throw money away. :confused:

Dirkster23
27-02-2011, 05:31 PM

That is pretty conclusive in my book and you would think that, after reading that, the basic price of all season tickets would be exactly the same as last year. They've even capitalised the word "frozen" for greater effect.

Forget cup top ups and all the rest of it, I'm talking about the basic cost of a season ticket, for the 19 home league games.

So why not email them now to make them aware of what appears to be an error in the advertising?

Removed
27-02-2011, 05:41 PM
What I cannot fathom out is the statement about the Hibs Futures tickets, it states on the offical site 'after feedback from the supporters', what supporter wants to pay £120 for a 12-15 year old child instead of £75. Has the club made this up or are there actually people out there who want to throw money away. :confused:

I have an 11 year old who currently has a ST but most weeks doesn't want to go. I would easily have just renewed and "encouraged" :wink: him along when I could so he didn't lose any option to go hoping that he would realise the error of his ways. But with him being 12 soon his ST will just about double in price and it makes my decision dead easy. Maybe even another future adult ST lost :dunno:

Sir David Gray
27-02-2011, 05:45 PM
So why not email them now to make them aware of what appears to be an error in the advertising?

Because I want to be 100% certain that I am correct in what I am saying.

Although I'm 99% sure that myself and my helper both paid £100 for our season tickets this year and a poster on here confirmed the other day to me that a relative of his also paid £100 for his season ticket this year, there remains a tiny element of doubt in my mind as to this season's prices.

So before I go ranting and raving and accusing the club of false advertising and all the rest of it, I plan to contact the ticket office and confirm the actual prices for this season and if they confirm what I believe to be the case, I'll then be writing a letter of complaint.

marinello59
27-02-2011, 05:48 PM
When the average price paid for a season ticket was published there was quite a few posts on here expressing surprise at how low that figure was.
£120 for a kids season ticket seems fair to me. I would make students pay more though.:devil:

Removed
27-02-2011, 05:54 PM
I would make students pay more though.:devil:

I would just be more strict checking peoples eligibility for a concession, whether that be student, disabled, carer or an adult using a kids ticket.

Hibees07
27-02-2011, 05:55 PM
When the average price paid for a season ticket was published there was quite a few posts on here expressing surprise at how low that figure was.
£120 for a kids season ticket seems fair to me. I would make students pay more though.:devil:

I would hazard a guess that you don't take kids to the games!

Removed
27-02-2011, 05:56 PM

Eh, he does :agree:

Dirkster23
27-02-2011, 05:58 PM

Although I'm 99% sure that myself and my helper both paid £100 for our season tickets this year and a poster on here confirmed the other day to me that a relative of his also paid £100 for his season ticket this year, there remains a tiny element of doubt in my mind as to this season's prices.

So before I go ranting and raving and accusing the club of false advertising and all the rest of it, I plan to contact the ticket office and confirm the actual prices for this season and if they confirm what I believe to be the case, I'll then be writing a letter of complaint.

That's the point though, you don't need to go ranting and raving to them do you? You could just email and say there appears to be an error based on what you and others are sure you paid last year.

I don't think Hibs will have intentionally went out their way to mislead people and would probably be grateful you'd pointed the potential error out to them.

Arch Stanton
27-02-2011, 06:17 PM

Thats what I would wonder too. It could be said the claim is ambiguous since it says prices frozen at last years levels - however, it doesn't say ALL prices frozen. It could be argued that as most prices are frozen then what they say is reasonably accurate.

And since the actual prices to be paid next season are laid out clearly underneath then no one has actually been misled as to what they will actually pay. :devil:

Jack
27-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Is it an advert?
Looks to me like an article.

marinello59
27-02-2011, 06:24 PM

It's students I don't take to games.:greengrin

Iggy Pope
27-02-2011, 06:32 PM

Thanks for that. Having checked that out, I would say that Hibs are guilty of falsely advertising their season ticket prices for next season. :agree:

I think that would probably make your day.

marinello59
27-02-2011, 06:40 PM
Is it an advert?
Looks to me like an article.

I tend to view everything on the 'fishul site as an advert these days.

Kojock
27-02-2011, 06:41 PM

Im going to stick my neck out here. Why is it that a person with a disability only pays £100. They want to be treated as equals but are quite happy to accept every concession going. Why dont they pay full price as they watch the same game as able bodied people.

John_the_angus_hibby
27-02-2011, 06:56 PM
Im going to stick my neck out here. Why is it that a person with a disability only pays £100. They want to be treated as equals but are quite happy to accept every concession going. Why dont they pay full price as they watch the same game as able bodied people.

Aye, Rod you get stuck in there!

Sent from another universe!

Mikey
27-02-2011, 07:01 PM

Make sure you take them to court. We'll all be right behind you on that one.

Scouse Hibee
27-02-2011, 07:02 PM

Not if their disability is related to their sight!!!

Antifa Hibs
27-02-2011, 07:03 PM

Most probably because a disabled person unlike the vast majority of us can't work 40 hours a week or doesn't have much work to choose from, didn't have the chance to pick and have a career (All depending on the severity and disability of course). Like why OAPs get help and discounts, why some parents get a little extra, why students get grants and offers etc etc.

If I was Petrie i'd charge bairns £380-415 aswell. They're watching the same game as the rest of us after all :rolleyes:

Jack
27-02-2011, 07:04 PM
I tend to view everything on the 'fishul site as an advert these days.

Unless its on Hibernian TV, then its a secret :greengrin

WindyMiller
27-02-2011, 07:15 PM

Kojock
27-02-2011, 07:15 PM
If I was Petrie i'd charge bairns £380-415 aswell. They're watching the same game as the rest of us after all :rolleyes:

Roll your eyes all you want but your argument is pretty weak there. Children do not have the ability to earn and do not receive state benefits. I know people who are registered disabled but are able (and do) have full time employment.

WindyMiller
27-02-2011, 07:18 PM
Most probably because a disabled person unlike the vast majority of us can't work 40 hours a week or doesn't have much work to choose from, didn't have the chance to pick and have a career (All depending on the severity and disability of course). Like why OAPs get help and discounts, why some parents get a little extra, why students get grants and offers etc etc.

Bairns should be lifted over.

Iggy Pope
27-02-2011, 07:27 PM

Eh?
David Murray seems to have earned more than a few bob while being less than able in the legs department.

WindyMiller
27-02-2011, 07:30 PM
Eh?
David Murray seems to have earned more than a few bob while being less than able in the legs department.

And plenty fitba' players ', withoot being the full shillin'.

Antifa Hibs
27-02-2011, 07:32 PM
Roll your eyes all you want but your argument is pretty weak there. Children do not have the ability to earn and do not receive state benefits. I know people who are registered disabled but are able (and do) have full time employment.

Let's bring back means testing then, those who can prove they're skint can get a deal.

I know people (well a person) who is registered disabled but isn't (and doesn't) have full time employment, being confined to a wheel chair, constant health checks etc see's to that.

While we're at it, if I was Davey Cameron i'd have pensioners lining up and doing a 100m sprint, see if they really need that free bus pass, as i know some over 65'ers can walk better than me.

Hibeesb0unc3
27-02-2011, 07:33 PM
for this year i had to pay £90 or £95 for the FF lower stand without the cup top up or the 310 off voucher.
and this year i would have to pay £100 without a cup top up or £10 off voucher.
But then again i am moving back to the east so my price would have went up anyway

Kojock
27-02-2011, 07:41 PM
I know people (well a person) who is registered disabled but isn't (and doesn't) have full time employment, being confined to a wheel chair, constant health checks etc see's to that.

So you know one wheelchair user who because of their disability cannot work, do you know how much that person receives in state benefits? Could they afford to purchase a full price season ticket?

My son was made redundant and got £54 per week job seekers allowance, he still had to pay full price at every Hibs game.

DH1875
27-02-2011, 08:00 PM
How does the whole student ticket thing work? If you get your ST in August but don't get your student card till Sept who's to say if your a student or not and what's to stop us all getting an student ST?

Removed
27-02-2011, 08:15 PM
How does the whole student ticket thing work? If you get your ST in August but don't get your student card till Sept who's to say if your a student or not and what's to stop us all getting an student ST?

The ticket office ask you to go in and show your matric card.

hibeelin
27-02-2011, 09:09 PM

I have a Disabled ST and Carer ST and they were definately £100 each. Not happy about the misleading advert either. Please let me know if you write to the Club and what their reply is.

Jay
27-02-2011, 09:10 PM

There was no Future catagory last year. IIRC it was 16-18 who paid a highter price now its 12-18.

Cup top ups were separate this season but I didn't get one.

Cup top ups will be £35 this season for kids.

I complained that my sons ticket had gone up to £170 and was told to move to the FF where its cheaper. I was advised to jump on the payment plan as it was very affordable for families. I was also quoted £7 odds pm for his ticket which is totally wrong no matter where he sits as far as I can see.

marinello59
27-02-2011, 09:15 PM
There was no Future catagory last year. IIRC it was 16-18 who paid a highter price now its 12-18.

Wasn't there a five and under ticket before. It seems to have disappeared as well although that may have been last season. It's never good having to pay more but I can sort of get their thinking here.

Gatecrasher
27-02-2011, 09:25 PM
i dont really see what the big deal is TBH, ok the article may have been worded badly/wrongly but £120 (an increase of what? £1.05 per game?) for a ST seems a good deal, its still about a quarter of what i am paying for a full adult.

Jay
27-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Wasn't there a five and under ticket before. It seems to have disappeared as well although that may have been last season. It's never good having to pay more but I can sort of get their thinking here.

Yeah I think last season had an under fives.
I dont get their thinking at all, they need bums on seats, they need money up front so they can spend, everybody knows the season ticket sales were poor last season and after the horrendous season we have had until very recently, I wouldnt have expected it to rise much especially with the new East stand making it easy to get a walk up ticket.
To increase anybodys ticket price is harsh but to hit the families ie; people buying more than one ticket as the teens are hardly in a position to buy their own it just wrong imo.
It could well come back and bite them in the bum :agree:

ArabHibee
27-02-2011, 10:14 PM

FH, as someone else had also posted, I can confirm that the disabled and carers ticket was 100 GBP each for this season.

Someone else has rightly pointed out, if you are blind then you don't get to watch the same game as able bodied people. Similarly, if you are in a wheelchair, you cannot pick and choose where you sit in the stands, most stands have wheelchair seating at the bottom of the stand. I know for a fact I wouldn't be happy sitting there as I feel you don't get to see the game properly. Although saying that, the new East has the disabled section higher up which is a good thing.

:agree: You pay for your ticket then have to show a valid matric card by October of that year or they will cancel your card. Not sure if they give you your money back though.

Students shouldn't really be going to the football on a Saturday anyway. They should be working to pay off their student loan. :devil:

Sudds_1
28-02-2011, 09:31 AM
Not if their disability is related to their sight!!!

Until very rcently it was those of us who COULD see the game that deserved the bloody discount.......:agree:

Removed
28-02-2011, 09:53 AM
[/B]

I do think that's a bit harsh. I don't think that FH was getting of on it and I think on the face of it he has a valid point.

Personally I'd like to see what the club has to say about the rationale for the apparent increase for disabled supporters and the change in pricing structure for children.

marinello59
28-02-2011, 10:04 AM
I do think that's a bit harsh. I don't think that FH was getting of on it and I think on the face of it he has a valid point.

Personally I'd like to see what the club has to say about the rationale for the apparent increase for disabled supporters and the change in pricing structure for children.
:agree: It wouldn't hurt for the club to explain this. It might not be universally popular but at least people affected will know just why things appear to have changed.

Jay
28-02-2011, 10:13 AM
:agree: It wouldn't hurt for the club to explain this. It might not be universally popular but at least people affected will know just why things appear to have changed.

I aked in an email but it wasnt answered. All that was suggested was that we move and take up the payment plan. They went on to say:

I would argue we are doing everything we can to ensure families are supported to attend Easter Road. we have worked very hard to make watching Hibernian as affordable as possible With the payment plan and Cup Top Up offers, it is one of the best Season Ticket offers the Club has run.

I appreciate this may not be the answer you want to hear, but I would encourage you to sign up on the payment plan before the deadline of 25 March to ensure you can spread the cost of watching the team over the year.

So as I say no address as to why they changed the age bracket for kids.

marinello59
28-02-2011, 10:18 AM

That is disappointing. The answer given might not be popular with everybody but the least they could do is provide it.

DH1875
28-02-2011, 07:14 PM

What's the dif between a student card and a matric card :dunno:.

:agree: You pay for your ticket then have to show a valid matric card by October of that year or they will cancel your card. Not sure if they give you your money back though.

Students shouldn't really be going to the football on a Saturday anyway. They should be working to pay off their student loan. :devil:

So do you have to pay £400 and then get the diff back or do you just pay the £120?

Sir David Gray
28-02-2011, 07:22 PM
[/B]

Aye I've got nothing better to do with my life, other than write letters of complaint, you're quite right. :aok:

Make sure you take them to court. We'll all be right behind you on that one.

I take it that's a sarcastic comment? :rolleyes:

I have already answered this on another thread last week but I'll answer it again.

The reason that a disabled fan pays less than everyone else is twofold.

First of all, able bodied people have the choice to sit in practically any seat within Easter Road Stadium that they like. Someone in a wheelchair, on the other hand, MUST sit in the designated wheelchair area(s) that the club has decided to set out. They have no choice in the matter.

Have you actually seen where a lot of clubs in the SPL put disabled supporters? I would suggest that you take a look next time you're at somewhere like Tannadice or Fir Park because where Dundee Utd and Motherwell put disabled fans, I don't think most people would even leave their dog.

It's disgusting.

Second of all, a lot of disabled people need extra care and attention and may need to make several visits to the toilet throughout the match. This may mean that the disabled person and their carer will miss a large part of the game.

The bit about "they want to be treated as equals but are quite happy to accept every concession going" is completely ignorant but I'm not surprised you've made that point as I'm sure it's something that many people, who have absolutely no experience of either coping with a disability or being directly involved with someone who is disabled, would say.

Believe me, if you gave me the option of being wheelchair bound for the rest of my life and paying £100 for a season ticket or being able bodied and paying £405 for a season ticket, I wouldn't have to think too hard about that one.

With the greatest of respect, you really haven't the first idea what you're talking about here.

I'm_cabbaged
28-02-2011, 07:52 PM
I aked in an email but it wasnt answered. All that was suggested was that we move and take up the payment plan. They went on to say:

There was defo ticket price for under 5's and "Hibs kids" ST's that went up to 14 yo's. So it looks like what they've changed is the Hibs Kids ages.

I have already answered this on another thread last week but I'll answer it again.

Second of all, a lot of disabled people need extra care and attention and may need to make several visits to the toilet throughout the match. This may mean that the disabled person and their carer will miss a large part of the game.

The bit about "they want to be treated as equals but are quite happy to accept every concession going" is completely ignorant but I'm not surprised you've made that point as I'm sure it's something that many people, who have absolutely no experience of either coping with a disability or being directly involved with someone who is disabled, would say.

Believe me, if you gave me the option of being wheelchair bound for the rest of my life and paying £100 for a season ticket or being able bodied and paying £405 for a season ticket, I wouldn't have to think too hard about that one.

With the greatest of respect, you really haven't the first idea what you're talking about here.

After having 8 pints before the game I have to make several trips to the toilet and the cheeky barstewards have put up my carers (14 yo laddie) ST up by about £40.:grr:

:greengrin

ArabHibee
28-02-2011, 08:04 PM
What's the dif between a student card and a matric card :dunno:.

So do you have to pay £400 and then get the diff back or do you just pay the £120?

Matric card and student card are the same thing.
You pay the student price when you buy your ticket before the start of the season. If you don't show a valid matric card by October they will cancel your card until you either show them one or you stump up the rest of the dosh for an adult ticket.

WindyMiller
28-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Aye I've got nothing better to do with my life, other than write letters of complaint, you're quite right. :aok:

First of all, able bodied people have the choice to sit in practically any seat within Easter Road Stadium that they like. Someone in a wheelchair, on the other hand, MUST sit in the designated wheelchair area(s) that the club has decided to set out. They have no choice in the matter.

Have you actually seen where a lot of clubs in the SPL put disabled supporters? I would suggest that you take a look next time you're at somewhere like Tannadice or Fir Park because where Dundee Utd and Motherwell put disabled fans, I don't think most people would even leave their dog.

It's disgusting.

Did you try to find another disabled person and carer to invite to Saturday's game?

I'm_cabbaged
28-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Did you try to find another disabled person and carer to invite to Saturday's game?

Have I missed something? :confused:

Dirkster23
28-02-2011, 08:21 PM

It's disgusting.

What exactly does the disabled area at Tannadice and Fir Park have to do with the cost of a disabled ST at Easter Road :dunno: Did they not build a new disabled area in the East with really good viewing?

£120 seems like a pretty reasonable price to me, not sure there's much to moan about on that front.

ArabHibee
28-02-2011, 08:22 PM

FH could have got a ticket for Green Day for anyone, didn't have to be another disabled person.

WindyMiller
28-02-2011, 08:31 PM
FH could have got a ticket for Green Day for anyone, didn't have to be another disabled person.

Precisely.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?204529-Who-s-not-nominated-for-the-ICT-game&p=2737411&viewfull=1#post2737411

ArabHibee
28-02-2011, 08:53 PM
Precisely.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?204529-Who-s-not-nominated-for-the-ICT-game&p=2737411&viewfull=1#post2737411
Precisely what? :dunno:

Iggy Pope
28-02-2011, 09:41 PM

It would seem so. Going by your first three or four posts on this thread you seem desperate to get the club nailed and moral outrage is something you do a lot of (IMHO).

All Season Ticket holders must sit in their seat of choice. Not any seat they like. |The Disabled section in the East looks pretty good from where I sit

It's disgusting.

As someone points out elsewhere, there is no comparison between what Hibs have provided as a designated Disabled space and what those two have.
Why not get a letter of to one of them, or both?

Is that really one of only two reasons for lower-price Disabled seating? You don't have much of an argument. The fact that you would miss much of the game peeing? Would this mean that those unfortunates who have such things as Urostomy / Colostomy bags should have the concession removed?

HSH's comment did seem a bit heavy-handed but I think the sentiment was aimed at those who seek equality. Yours or anyone else's disability shouldn't be a fiscal matter. And it's certainly not Hibs' problem to deal with.

I am sure you will keep us posted on events. For what it's worth I can't see where Hibs' Season Pricing for the Disabled (75% less than the Adult walk-up?), has really given you cause for complaint.

Jay
28-02-2011, 10:14 PM
To be fair I think Falkirk was more stating that the prices had gone up even though Hibs had said the prices were frozen and to be fair, gone up by a fair %. They seem to have brushed under the carpet that only certain ST prices have been frozen. Smoke and mirrors so to speak. I dont think he was complaining about the actual price he has to pay.

StevieC
28-02-2011, 10:20 PM
Some valid points (from both sides) regarding the disabled season ticket.

My take on it though is as a society we should be duty bound to look after those less fortunate than ourselves and do whatever we can to make their difficult lives that little bit easier.

They may well be able to attend and enjoy a match in exactly the same way as able bodied supporters but they are also classed as disabled for a reason and some part of their life is therefore difficult for them, in comparison to you or me. We should applaud the club for recognising this and offering discounts accordingly.

Just my 2p worth.

Removed
28-02-2011, 10:22 PM
To be fair I think Falkirk was more stating that the prices had gone up even though Hibs had said the prices were frozen and to be fair, gone up by a fair %. They seem to have brushed under the carpet that only certain ST prices have been frozen. Smoke and mirrors so to speak. I dont think he was complaining about the actual price he has to pay.

ArabHibee
28-02-2011, 10:25 PM
Correct.
FH has never said he was unhappy with how much he has to pay, only the fact that the club have stated in literature that season ticket prices have been frozen for next year, which isn't strictly true.

Sir David Gray
01-03-2011, 12:14 AM

No, I didn't need to invite another disabled person for Green Day, I could nominate anyone.

FYI, I nominated the son of someone on here.

What exactly does the disabled area at Tannadice and Fir Park have to do with the cost of a disabled ST at Easter Road :dunno: Did they not build a new disabled area in the East with really good viewing?

£120 seems like a pretty reasonable price to me, not sure there's much to moan about on that front.

For the umpteenth time and at the risk of repeating myself, I do not have a problem with the price I have to pay and I have never had a problem either. The problem I do have is that Hibs have announced a price freeze on season tickets next year and yet the disabled season tickets are due to increase by 20%.

That is not on, in my opinion.

Either everyone's season tickets should be frozen or everyone's season tickets should be going up by 20%.

The reason I mentioned Fir Park and Tannadice is because the set up at both grounds from the point of view of disabled supporters is shocking and the poster concerned seemed to be questioning why disabled supporters should be paying less than able-bodied fans when they're watching the same game. Even at Easter Road, although where I sit in the East Stand is excellent, there is a wheelchair section at the front of the Famous Five Stand and the view from that vantage point is virtually non-existent. The people who sit there really shouldn't be paying much, if anything at all, to get in to games.

I am sure you will keep us posted on events. For what it's worth I can't see where Hibs' Season Pricing for the Disabled (75% less than the Adult walk-up?), has really given you cause for complaint.

Please see my reply to Dirkster above on this very subject. I have never said, at any point, that I have a problem with the price I have to pay for a season ticket and I don't know why that seems to be so difficult for people to take in.

All Season Ticket holders must sit in their seat of choice. Not any seat they like. |The Disabled section in the East looks pretty good from where I sit.

But before you pick your seat, you have a choice of thousands of seats across three different stands. Disabled supporters have to sit wherever Hibs have decided to put the disabled section(s).

You are correct to say that the East Stand disabled area is pretty good, in fact it's excellent, but for the past eight or nine years, I had been in the front row of the West Stand and although I quite liked being so close to the players, the view I had of play was very poor to say the least.

As someone points out elsewhere, there is no comparison between what Hibs have provided as a designated Disabled space and what those two have.
Why not get a letter of to one of them, or both?

I sent a letter to both of them more than a year ago, complaining about the facilities they provide.

John Boyle has not even given me the decency of a reply and Stephen Thompson said that they were of the opinion that the disabled facilities on offer at Tannadice were, and I quote, "more than adequate."

I beg to differ.

Is that really one of only two reasons for lower-price Disabled seating? You don't have much of an argument. The fact that you would miss much of the game peeing? Would this mean that those unfortunates who have such things as Urostomy / Colostomy bags should have the concession removed?

No, not just "peeing" as you put it. A lot of people with more severe disabilities require regular attention from their carer and they may not have a great attention span but they get something out of the atmosphere of the crowd and being around people.

HSH's comment did seem a bit heavy-handed but I think the sentiment was aimed at those who seek equality. Yours or anyone else's disability shouldn't be a fiscal matter. And it's certainly not Hibs' problem to deal with.

I know what he was saying and I found it completely ignorant.

If he or anyone else seriously believes that disabled people receive equality in all aspects of their life from society then I would wholeheartedly disagree.

As for it not being Hibs' problem to deal with, no-one's saying that it is. But Hibs, like all football clubs, cannot offer the same service to disabled fans that they offer to able-bodied fans and that is not anyone's fault but it is rightly reflected in the prices that they set.

When a club offers a disabled viewing area that is of the standard of the new East Stand at Easter Road and like the away section at Ibrox, I have no problems at all in paying a decent amount of money to get in to those places and I do not demand that disabled people get free entry to everywhere, just because they're disabled.

In fact, at Ibrox I actually get a free pass to use their away fans car park and myself and my helper both get in free of charge. Given the excellent view that I have at Ibrox, I think I should pay any time I go there and I think Rangers would be well within their rights to bring in a charge.

Correct.
FH has never said he was unhappy with how much he has to pay, only the fact that the club have stated in literature that season ticket prices have been frozen for next year, which isn't strictly true.

Cheers to the three of you. :aok:

At least some people take the time to actually read my posts and take in what I am really saying.

HibbyAndy
01-03-2011, 12:17 AM
No, I didn't need to invite another disabled person for Green Day, I could nominate anyone.

FYI, I nominated the son of someone on here.

For the umpteenth time and at the risk of repeating myself, I do not have a problem with the price I have to pay and I have never had a problem either. The problem I do have is that Hibs have announced a price freeze on season tickets next year and yet the disabled season tickets are due to increase by 20%.

Either everyone's season tickets should be frozen or everyone's season tickets should be going up by 20%.

The reason I mentioned Fir Park and Tannadice is because the set up at both grounds from the point of view of disabled supporters is shocking and the poster concerned seemed to be questioning why disabled supporters should be paying less than able-bodied fans when they're watching the same game. Even at Easter Road, although where I sit in the East Stand is excellent, there is a wheelchair section at the front of the Famous Five Stand and the view from that vantage point is virtually non-existent. The people who sit there really shouldn't be paying much, if anything at all, to get in to games.

Please see my reply to Dirkster above on this very subject. I have never said, at any point, that I have a problem with the price I have to pay for a season ticket and I don't know why that seems to be so difficult for people to take in.

But before you pick your seat, you have a choice of thousands of seats across three different stands. Disabled supporters have to sit wherever Hibs have decided to put the disabled section(s).

You are correct to say that the East Stand disabled area is pretty good, in fact it's excellent, but for the past eight or nine years, I had been in the front row of the West Stand and although I quite liked being so close to the players, the view I had of play was very poor to say the least.

I sent a letter to both of them more than a year ago, complaining about the facilities they provide.

John Boyle has not even given me the decency of a reply and Stephen Thompson said that they were of the opinion that the disabled facilities on offer at Tannadice were, and I quote, "more than adequate."

I beg to differ.

No, not just "peeing" as you put it. A lot of people with more severe disabilities require regular attention from their carer and they may not have a great attention span but they get something out of the atmosphere of the crowd and being around people.

I know what he was saying and I found it completely ignorant.

If he or anyone else seriously believes that disabled people receive equality in all aspects of their life from society then I would wholeheartedly disagree.

As for it not being Hibs' problem to deal with, no-one's saying that it is. But Hibs, like all football clubs, cannot offer the same service to disabled fans that they offer to able-bodied fans and that is rightly reflected in the prices that they set.

When a club offers a disabled viewing area that is of the standard of the new East Stand at Easter Road and like the away section at Ibrox, I have no problems at all in paying a decent amount of money to get in to those places and I do not demand that disabled people get free entry to everywhere, just because they're disabled.

In fact, at Ibrox I actually get a free pass to use their away fans car park and myself and my helper both get in free of charge. Given the excellent view that I have at Ibrox, I think I should pay any time I go there and I think Rangers would be well within their rights to bring in a charge.

Cheers to the three of you. :aok:

At least some people take the time to actually read my posts and take in what I am really saying.

You get some grief lately eh :greengrin

Cause your a Man u fan :hilarious

iwasthere1972
01-03-2011, 12:24 AM
You get some grief lately eh :greengrin

Cause your a Man u fan :hilarious

No. It's because his posts are too long. It's like reading a Harry Potter novel at times. :agree:

HibbyAndy
01-03-2011, 12:26 AM
No. It's because his posts are too long. It's like reading a Harry Potter novel at times. :agree:

:hilarious

Dirkster23
01-03-2011, 09:57 AM
[QUOTE=FalkirkHibee;2747517]

QUOTE]

So i'll ask again, why not just drop the Club a polite email stating there appears to be an error in their advertising and asking them to amend it?

Have disabled ST's always increased at the same % as an adult ticket in the past?

You got to love because your tickets went up to £120, you think an adults price should go up to £486!

Removed
01-03-2011, 10:01 AM
You got to love because your tickets went up to £120, you think an adults price should go up to £486!

When did he say that? :confused:

Jay
01-03-2011, 10:14 AM
[QUOTE=FalkirkHibee;2747517]

QUOTE]

So i'll ask again, why not just drop the Club a polite email stating there appears to be an error in their advertising and asking them to amend it?

Have disabled ST's always increased at the same % as an adult ticket in the past?

Putting words in peoples mouths to suit your cause is not big and its not clever :slipper:

Kojock
01-03-2011, 10:24 AM

There are people of limited mobility who cannot climb stairs and are confined to the front few rows. They are not registered disabled but still have to pay full price.

It's disgusting.

Agree with you 100% there and yes for these grounds supporters with a disability should be allowed access for free such are the facilities available. Mind you Tanadice is a dump for able bodied people as well. The facilities at other grounds have nothing to do with Hibs and it is the price at Easter Road which is under discussion

I know several people with disabilities and have never met one yet who will refuse a concession or preferential treatment. Some I know are in full time employment earning a fair wage and could easily afford a full price season, but hey none of them have refused the reduced price.

With the greatest of respect please dont be so patronising with me. This is the same argument some people with a disablity use every time they defend their position.

Dirkster23
01-03-2011, 01:17 PM
When did he say that? :confused:

He said if his tickets going up by 20%, he feels everyones should be going up by 20%! that takes a £405 adult ticket for the East/West up to £486 by my calculations.

Dirkster23
01-03-2011, 01:17 PM
[QUOTE=Dirkster23;2747635]

Putting words in peoples mouths to suit your cause is not big and its not clever :slipper:

See my reply above!

SRHibs
01-03-2011, 01:52 PM

Yeah, no way the prices should increase by the same %. Using Falkirk's logic, he should expect to be paying £162, due to the rise in tickets for those aged 12-15 being over 60%.

Considering it's been said that the disabled area(or the view of the game at the very least) has now been improved significantly, then maybe the rise in prices in correlation with the better facilities is justified.

Obviously it's not the money that's the problem anyway, it's the principle. So instead of kicking up a fuss on a public forum, why don't you just send the club an email and see what they've got to say?

Beefster
01-03-2011, 02:12 PM
He said if his tickets going up by 20%, he feels everyones should be going up by 20%! that takes a £405 adult ticket for the East/West up to £486 by my calculations.

No, he didn't. He said that everyone should be treated equally when it comes to prices rises or freezes.

Dirkster23
01-03-2011, 02:28 PM
No, he didn't. He said that everyone should be treated equally when it comes to prices rises or freezes.

His exact words were "either everyone's season tickets should be frozen or everyone's season tickets should be going up 20%"

As his ticket is going up 20%, he feels everyone's ticket should be going up by the same percentage. That means an adult ticket in the west or east would cost £486- seems pretty straight forward to me :rolleyes:

Shrekko
01-03-2011, 04:38 PM
His exact words were "either everyone's season tickets should be frozen or everyone's season tickets should be going up 20%"

As his ticket is going up 20%, he feels everyone's ticket should be going up by the same percentage. That means an adult ticket in the west or east would cost £486- seems pretty straight forward to me :rolleyes:

I'm sure once everyone's read the thread again and realised that you're simply illustrating what Falkirkhibee's ideal scenario would mean to another group in relation to his ticket going up 20% (i.e. if his goes up then so should everyone elses) then you'll get an apology or two as opposed to being chastised for putting words in his mouth etc.!!

Removed
01-03-2011, 04:45 PM

I'm sure once everyone's read the thread again and realised that you're simply illustrating what Falkirkhibee's ideal scenario would mean to another group in relation to his ticket going up 20% (i.e. if his goes up then so should everyone elses) then you'll get an apology or two as opposed to being chastised for putting words in his mouth etc.!!

Eh, don't think any apology is due apart from Dirkster.

Falkirk Hibee never put £486 in any of his posts. Dirkster just made that up. FH made it perfectly clear on mkore than one occasion that the issue wasn't about money it was about parity and the misleading statement about ST renewals from the club.

Is that so hard for you two to understand?

Shrekko
01-03-2011, 04:59 PM

Falkirk Hibee never put £486 in any of his posts. Dirkster just made that up. FH made it perfectly clear on mkore than one occasion that the issue wasn't about money it was about parity and the misleading statement about ST renewals from the club.

Falkirkhibee "either everyone's season tickets should be frozen or everyone's season tickets should be going up 20%"

... and if that was the case (everyone's going up 20%=PARITY) then Dirksters figures illustrate that it would mean a £405 ticket going up to £486.

I'm saying no more on this as I'm totally lost as to why Dirkster's being given a hard time for saying what is true. Bizarre!

I'm fully aware of what the wider issues are, but that does not get away from the fact that Dirkster's comment in response to Falkirkhibees is indisputable.

Beefster
01-03-2011, 05:15 PM

Or alternatively, as your ticket price isn't going up, neither should his. You're right though - it is pretty straightforward.

You seem to have taken some offence to what FH said but I think it's a perfectly reasonable position. Hibs, for whatever reason, are putting price increases onto the disabled, their carers and young teenagers. The very people who are subsidised for a very good reason.

Removed
01-03-2011, 05:15 PM
Falkirkhibee "either everyone's season tickets should be frozen or everyone's season tickets should be going up 20%"

... and if that was the case (everyone's going up 20%=PARITY) then Dirksters figures illustrate that it would mean a £405 ticket going up to £486.

I'm saying no more on this as I'm totally lost as to why Dirkster's being given a hard time for saying what is true. Bizarre!

I'm fully aware of what the wider issues are, but that does not get away from the fact that Dirkster's comment in response to Falkirkhibees is indisputable.

It obviously is too hard for you.

Removed
01-03-2011, 05:26 PM
Or alternatively, as your ticket price isn't going up, neither should his. You're right though - it is pretty straightforward.

You seem to have taken some offence to what FH said but I think it's a perfectly reasonable position. Hibs, for whatever reason, are putting price increases onto the disabled, their carers and young teenagers. The very people who are subsidised for a very good reason.

Jay
01-03-2011, 05:49 PM

FH never said he wanted anybodys ticket price to go up, he feels aggrieved that his has when it was announced there was no increase. I am sure he would rather nobodys would increase. Its been made out that he is demanding an increase for everybody and thats just not the case.

Dirkster23
01-03-2011, 06:54 PM

You honestly can't be that daft :rolleyes:

By stating the adult price of £486, all i'm doing is expressing what FH said in pounds instead of the % he used.

Here's what he said again- Falkirkhibee "either everyone's season tickets should be frozen or everyone's season tickets should be going up 20%"

His season ticket is going up, Fact. If any tickets are going up (we've established that's the case), his statement clearly says that in his opinion everyones ticket should increase by the same percentage (20%), taking a adult season ticket in the east or west to the stated £486. Simples as they say!

marinello59
01-03-2011, 06:59 PM

By stating the adult price of £486, all i'm doing is expressing what FH said in pounds instead of the % he used.

Here's what he said again- Falkirkhibee "either everyone's season tickets should be frozen or everyone's season tickets should be going up 20%"

His season ticket is going up, Fact. If any tickets are going up (we've established that's the case), his statement clearly says that in his opinion everyones ticket should increase by the same percentage (20%), taking a adult season ticket in the east or west to the stated £486. Simples as they say!

Stop playing games. You know full well what his grievance was. This just seems like having a go at him for the sake of it.

Dirkster23
01-03-2011, 07:00 PM

But as his ticket is being increased you need to look at the second part of his statement.

I've not taken offence at all. I agree with disabled people, kids and OAP's getting subsidised tickets and i think £120 is a very reasonable offer from Hibs.

If it was all about the advertising why don't people like FH and 65bd just contact the club about it? Maybe it's just me but your more likely to get an answer from the Club writing a polite email than moaning about it on here.

Dirkster23
01-03-2011, 07:02 PM
Stop playing games. You know full well what his grievance was. This just seems like having a go at him for the sake of it.

Utter nonsense! I don't think i've even replied to any of his posts before this thread.

Point out where i'm wrong in what i've said?

Beefster
01-03-2011, 07:18 PM
But as his ticket is being increased you need to look at the second part of his statement.

I've not taken offence at all. I agree with disabled people, kids and OAP's getting subsidised tickets and i think £120 is a very reasonable offer from Hibs.

If it was all about the advertising why don't people like FH and 65bd just contact the club about it? Maybe it's just me but your more likely to get an answer from the Club writing a polite email than moaning about it on here.

It may well be and, in the grand scheme of things £20 a year extra probably isn't that much for most folk, but that's not really the point. A 20% increase in price for disabled Hibees, and even more for young teenagers, whilst everyone else enjoys price freezes is just plain wrong.

Hibs then made it worse by claiming that prices were being frozen at 2010 levels. It's nonsense and doesn't reflect well on Hibs.

Dirkster23
01-03-2011, 08:07 PM
It may well be and, in the grand scheme of things £20 a year extra probably isn't that much for most folk, but that's not really the point. A 20% increase in price for disabled Hibees, and even more for young teenagers, whilst everyone else enjoys price freezes is just plain wrong.

Hibs then made it worse by claiming that prices were being frozen at 2010 levels. It's nonsense and doesn't reflect well on Hibs.

Your right, the wording of the offer is incorrect and I'd like to think Hibs would rectify this if it's pointed out to them.

I honestly don't know, but maybe Hibs have increased the price of the disabled tickets to reflect the move to the new east stand?

At the end of the day, Hibs will only known if they've got their pricing structure wrong if fans let them know or refuse to renew their ST's.

Removed
01-03-2011, 11:00 PM

That is not what he meant and either you are too thick to understand it or and just being an arse and playing games. I am not wasting anymore time arguing with you.

Dirkster23
01-03-2011, 11:03 PM
That is not what he meant and either you are too thick to understand it or and just being an arse and playing games. I am not wasting anymore time arguing with you.

Oh dear, you really are :rolleyes:

Removed
01-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Oh dear, you really are :rolleyes:

:yawn:

Sir David Gray
06-03-2011, 11:58 PM
Apologies for not replying to any of these posts for a while. This thread disappeared from the front page last Tuesday (the last day that I posted on it) due to the Hamilton-Hibs game and I subsequently had forgotten all about it, until now.

A lot of people seem to be criticising and defending my position in equal measures and people seem to be talking for me and putting words in my mouth about what I really meant or didn't mean.

I didn't say that I wanted adult prices to increase to £486 or whatever the price mentioned was. I simply wish to see Hibs freeze all season ticket prices when a price freeze is what they have announced. My season ticket is not being frozen, it's going up 20% and if they're going to do that with one category, it should be done with all. That is quite different from saying that I want to see adults paying £486.

As for writing to Hibs with my concerns, instead of coming on here to moan. I fully intend to write to Hibs but I thought this was the appropriate place to air my grievances and to see what others felt about the situation. Having got feedback from several posters on here, I know that I am not alone in my view and that is good to know before I contact the club.

Purehibee again brings up the point of the disabled facilities being better than they used to be so the price rise is therefore justified. The facilities and view of the game that I'll have next season will be exactly the same as the facilities and view of the game that I have this season. That applies to every single person in the stadium who is retaining their current seat and most of them will enjoy a price freeze next season so that makes no sense at all.

Hot shot Hamish talks about how he's yet to meet any disabled person who's refused to accept concessions as if that mentality is somehow unique to people with disabilities.

I have yet to meet anyone on the planet whether they're disabled/able bodied, black/white, homosexual/heterosexual, Muslim/Christian, Chinese/Indian who would say to someone giving them a good offer on something "Nah, it's alright pal, I'll take it at the full price."

I think there's good and valid reasons for disabled ticket prices at sports events being lower than the normal prices but in areas where a disabled person who is in a position to pay normal prices for something gets a reduction on that product or service because they happen to be disabled, then I don't see how they can be blamed for not turning down that reduction because that's not something that I believe anyone would do.

I will be writing to Hibs at some point this week and hopefully I will receive a response from them in due course, I'm sure I will because they do seem to be very good in replying to supporters feedback/questions/criticisms etc.

When that response has been given to me, I will post it up on here to let everyone, who is interested, know what they've said.

Wembley67
07-03-2011, 12:01 AM
Apologies for not replying to any of these posts for a while. This thread disappeared from the front page last Tuesday (the last day that I posted on it) due to the Hamilton-Hibs game and I subsequently had forgotten all about it, until now.

A lot of people seem to be criticising and defending my position in equal measures and people seem to be talking for me and putting words in my mouth about what I really meant or didn't mean.

I didn't say that I wanted adult prices to increase to £486 or whatever the price mentioned was. I simply wish to see Hibs freeze all season ticket prices when a price freeze is what they have announced. My season ticket is not being frozen, it's going up 20% and if they're going to do that with one category, it should be done with all. That is quite different from saying that I want to see adults paying £486.

As for writing to Hibs with my concerns, instead of coming on here to moan. I fully intend to write to Hibs but I thought this was the appropriate place to air my grievances and to see what others felt about the situation. Having got feedback from several posters on here, I know that I am not alone in my view and that is good to know before I contact the club.

Purehibee again brings up the point of the disabled facilities being better than they used to be so the price rise is therefore justified. The facilities and view of the game that I'll have next season will be exactly the same as the facilities and view of the game that I have this season. That applies to every single person in the stadium who is retaining their current seat and most of them will enjoy a price freeze next season so that makes no sense at all.

Hot shot Hamish talks about how he's yet to meet any disabled person who's refused to accept concessions as if that mentality is somehow unique to people with disabilities.

I have yet to meet anyone on the planet whether they're disabled/able bodied, black/white, homosexual/heterosexual, Muslim/Christian, Chinese/Indian who would say to someone giving them a good offer on something "Nah, it's alright pal, I'll take it at the full price."

I think there's good and valid reasons for disabled ticket prices at sports events being lower than the normal prices but in areas where a disabled person who is in a position to pay normal prices for something gets a reduction on that product or service because they happen to be disabled, then I don't see how they can be blamed for not turning down that reduction because that's not something that I believe anyone would do.

I will be writing to Hibs at some point this week and hopefully I will receive a response from them in due course, I'm sure I will because they do seem to be very good in replying to supporters feedback/questions/criticisms etc.

When that response has been given to me, I will post it up on here to let everyone, who is interested, know what they've said.

Have you EVER written anything on here that doesn't consist of half a page??? I'm sure some of your views may be interesting but just tooooo long to read :wink:

Every response anyone gives should be limited to 200 characters :greengrin

Sir David Gray
31-03-2011, 12:41 AM
FAO those that are interested.

As promised, I have included the reply that I received yesterday (Wednesday) from Hibs regarding my query/concerns regarding the price increase for disabled season ticket holders.

Thank you very much for your letter dated 28 March 2011 and I am sorry if any of the language used in our marketing material has offended you, and you feel you have to write in on a point of principle.

The club re-organised several of the categories available as Season Ticket Memberships for season 2011/12.

The new Hibs Future, existing Hibs Kids and Disabled and Carer packages have all been re-categorised, so it is difficult to compare a like-for-like comparison on last year's prices. Where the packages have remained identical, the prices have remain frozen.

With regards to the Disabled and Carer, we now have a new policy for members and specific areas that the category can utilize within the stadium, thereby ensuring easy and safe access for all supporters entering and exiting Easter Road. It is a new package and ties in with the new Hibs Future price banding. It also includes the Cup Top Up as an Early Bird which for next season will have a value of £35 for concessions (the price Disabled and Carer would pay).

Taking the free Cup Top Up, money-off vouchers, and with specific packages in Hibs Kids now at £19 for a season ticket, I could also argue the Club has actually reduced pricing for all Members in real terms if they renew before the appropriate deadlines. Added to that we have introduced an 11-month payment plan, helping supporters spread the cost of their memberships.

In terms of value and affordability, there has never been a better time to be a Season Ticket Member and I am delighted you find the price of your ticket reasonable and look forward to seeing you at Easter Road next season. Again, I apologise again for any inconvenience or distress caused.

Thanks again for writing in and for your ongoing support.

Yours sincerely

Fife Hyland
Commercial & Communications Director

Now, let me begin by commending the club on their extremely efficient and prompt response to me. I only posted my letter on Monday evening and, as I said, I received that letter on Wednesday morning so full marks on that front.

Now for the negatives.

I personally don't think the letter properly addressed my concerns and I'll explain why.

I don't understand the fourth paragraph (beginning with "With regards to the disabled and carer...") at all, to be honest. If anyone reading this does happen to understand what is being said in that paragraph then please feel free to try and offer an explanation to me.

The reference to "ensuring easy and safe access for all supporters entering and exiting Easter Road" is just really baffling to say the least. The way in which I will enter and exit the stadium next season will be exactly the same as the way I have entered and exited the stadium for the whole of this season.

It also seems to imply, to me anyway, that the disabled and carer is somehow connected to the Hibs Future category. But when I looked at the season ticket info that I got through the door a few weeks back, the people who fall under the Hibs Future category are described as those people who are aged 12-18 on the 1st August 2011 and students who possess a valid matriculation card. I am not 12-18 years of age as at 01/08/11, nor am I a student. No mention is made whatsoever of disabled and carer falling under this category and in fact disabled and carer are mentioned separately further down the pricing table.

Another thing that annoyed me was their reference to the fact that cup top ups are free next season, if you renew before a certain date. This offer applies to all fans (most of whom are also getting the basic price of their season ticket frozen) so that argument is pretty much irrelevant.

I'm really disappointed with the club here and I was seriously considering not renewing for next season but the person I go with would have had to pay the full price if I had decided not to renew so I didn't want to let them down and I have now filled in my application form.

It is against my better judgement though.

Thoughts?

Please try to restrict the comments to the content of this latest post from myself or the letter that I received from Hibs. I don't really want to go over old ground from earlier on in this thread on whether or not disabled fans should be getting lower admission prices and questioning why I'm unhappy when I'm getting a season ticket for just over £6 per game.

Cheers. :aok:

Shrekko
31-03-2011, 12:10 PM
I think if you've renewed you're flogging a dead horse here tbh FH..In fact I know you are unless you have a particular desire to get Hibs into trouble over false advertising (not saying you do!).

No doubt folk will be getting all offended by what I've written in the first paragraph but there's nothing else needs said.

In terms of your own legal relationship with Hibs you have no complaint (legally). It is/was clear (despite the clubs previous statement that all prices were frozen) that you were/are being asked to pay £120 for a season ticket, and if you subsequently make the offer to the club to pay that amount and they accept your offer then it's done and dusted. By implication you are actually perfectly happy with the deal in law- the fact that it's to save your mate £300 is not relevant (it would actually weaken any argument you had, lets be honest).

If (hypothetically) Hibs were ultimately prosecuted for a misleading statement (highly unlikely- most likely they'd be given an informal warning and advice about future promotions) it would have no effect whatsoever on your contractual situation. So basically if you have a desire to do any more with this you should report Hibs to your local Trading Standards and let them deal with it. I promise you that from a civil perspective there's no case to answer.

If you genuinely are simply looking for opinions as opposed to folk giving you backing, my opinion, in the absence of any legal argument, is that if it's a point of principle you simply don't renew. I'm sure if your carer shares these principles he'll support you in taking that stance.

guillaume
31-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Please try to restrict the comments to the content of this latest post from myself or the letter that I received from Hibs. I don't really want to go over old ground from earlier on in this thread on whether or not disabled fans should be getting lower admission prices and questioning why I'm unhappy when I'm getting a season ticket for just over £6 per game.

Cheers. :aok:[/QUOTE]

I don't think you can disregard that you and your carer are both getting season tickets for only £6 a game though.
At that price I personally feel you're being ridiculously pedantic concerning your increase this year.

Do you get this concerned about all the advertising slogans you must encounter every day of your life if you find them not to be 100% accurate?

Cheers

marinello59
31-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Thoughts?

Cheers. :aok:

I can appreciate how strongly you feel about this and I do think you have a point. I'm not so sure that publishing the correspondence you have received from the club on here is the best way forward though. Wouldn't it be better to ask the club for further clarification regarding the points you have raised? Although I don't think there is really much more that the club can say.

Beefster
31-03-2011, 02:16 PM
I can appreciate how strongly you feel about this and I do think you have a point. I'm not so sure that publishing the correspondence you have received from the club on here is the best way forward though. Wouldn't it be better to ask the club for further clarification regarding the points you have raised? Although I don't think there is really much more that the club can say.

Considering the previous discussion in this thread about it, I think FH is right to print the letter on here for anyone else that is interested.

IMHO, the letter doesn't address FH's concerns either.

iwasthere1972
31-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Have you EVER written anything on here that doesn't consist of half a page??? I'm sure some of your views may be interesting but just tooooo long to read :wink:

:top marks Hibs.net should introduce a monthly word allowance somewhere along the lines of your broadband usage allowance with your provider. Any words over the allowed monthly allowance should incur a charge to be decided by Hibs.net.

190 characters :greengrin

Beefster
31-03-2011, 03:04 PM
:top marks Hibs.net should introduce a monthly word allowance somewhere along the lines of your broadband usage allowance with your provider. Any words over the allowed monthly allowance should incur a charge to be decided by Hibs.net.

190 characters :greengrin

Space is a character. 224 chars, I'm afraid.

greenlex
31-03-2011, 03:42 PM

You're as bad bloody quoting it. :rolleyes: :greengrin

Stantons Angel
31-03-2011, 04:34 PM
I think that those of you accusing Hibs of this that and everything should be VERY careful what you are saying on here.....

You have put into print an accusation you are struggling to come up with confirmation of. You are using IFs and BUT IFs and not sure what you paid last season either.

The renewal information has been out for a few weeks now. Id suggest that if you do not have yours by now that you contact the ticket office before the deadlines shown.

Im not trying to put anyone down only trying to make you aware of a the dangers of accusations in print without the back up of correct information......

Looking at my personal position i will pay exactly the same for my season ticket as i did last season BUT i'll also get the cup top up, that i paid £60 last season for as ive paid early! A good deal i think!

Good luck with your enquires, i hope you get enough information together to validate your claims.

GGTTH:agree:

Jay
31-03-2011, 06:18 PM
I think that those of you accusing Hibs of this that and everything should be VERY careful what you are saying on here.....

You have put into print an accusation you are struggling to come up with confirmation of. You are using IFs and BUT IFs and not sure what you paid last season either.

The renewal information has been out for a few weeks now. Id suggest that if you do not have yours by now that you contact the ticket office before the deadlines shown.

Im not trying to put anyone down only trying to make you aware of a the dangers of accusations in print without the back up of correct information......

Looking at my personal position i will pay exactly the same for my season ticket as i did last season BUT i'll also get the cup top up, that i paid £60 last season for as ive paid early! A good deal i think!Good luck with your enquires, i hope you get enough information together to validate your claims.

GGTTH:agree:

Thats Falkirks point though - his went up by 20%, if yours did would you be on here stating it was a good deal then?

FH- I agree with Beefster. They have skirted around your issues and not addressed them properly but put a lot of spin pointing out good points. I think it would be worth keeping the dialogue going with them until you are more satisfied they have heard what you are saying.

ArabHibee
31-03-2011, 06:35 PM
I don't think you can disregard that you and your carer are both getting season tickets for only £6 a game though.
At that price I personally feel you're being ridiculously pedantic concerning your increase this year.

Do you get this concerned about all the advertising slogans you must encounter every day of your life if you find them not to be 100% accurate?

Cheers
Have a word with yourself. This was discussed at length nearly a month ago. The issue was Hibs claiming there was a price freeze on all season tickets, which apparently doesn't seem to be the case.

Thats Falkirks point though - his went up by 20%, if yours did would you be on here stating it was a god deal then?

FH- I agree with Beefster. They have skirted around your issues and not addressed them properly but put a lot of spin pointing out good points. I think it would be worth keeping the dialogue going with them until you are more satisfied they have heard what you are saying.
:agree: I agree with Mrs S and Beefster(:rolleyes:makes a change for me:greengrin)
There is no clarification about the disabled tickets going up by 20 pounds and their justification for it. I would write back to them and tell them their letter makes no sense, and you're not the only one that thinks that.

Westie1875
31-03-2011, 07:02 PM
Have a word with yourself. This was discussed at length nearly a month ago. The issue was Hibs claiming there was a price freeze on all season tickets, which apparently doesn't seem to be the case.

:agree: I agree with Mrs S and Beefster(:rolleyes:makes a change for me:greengrin)
There is no clarification about the disabled tickets going up by 20 pounds and their justification for it. I would write back to them and tell them their letter makes no sense, and you're not the only one that thinks that.

Perhaps they feel there is/was too big a gap between a full price adult ticket and a disabled ticket or concession and instead of putting all prices up a little they have decided to try to address this gap?

To be perfectly honest as someone who has paid full price for an adult ticket for the past 7 years I am glad the club have done this instead of increasing all of the prices as I do think there was too big a gap, sorry if that offends anyone but I don't think £120 for a disabled season ticket is unreasonable, it is still a discount of 70% off the full price.

FranckSuzy
31-03-2011, 07:11 PM
IMHO, the fact the club have replied mentioning the new categories sort of means you now can't compare like with like re last years prices. Not saying it's correct but it's maybe the way they are 'getting round' saying all prizes are frozen. Yes, they are, but only those in the same categories as before. Kind of like the small print on the bottom of a 'too good to be true' offer :agree:

Removed
31-03-2011, 07:13 PM
Perhaps they feel there is/was too big a gap between a full price adult ticket and a disabled ticket or concession and instead of putting all prices up a little they have decided to try to address this gap?

Very helpful from the club and they are obviously only thinking about us :agree:

Put up the price of my 12 year olds ST so that it's easier for me when he reaches adult age as the jump isn't so big :rolleyes:

Removed
31-03-2011, 07:14 PM
IMHO, the fact the club have replied mentioning the new categories sort of means you now can't compare like with like re last years prices. Not saying it's correct but it's maybe the way they are 'getting round' saying all prizes are frozen. Yes, they are, but only those in the same categories as before. Kind of like the small print on the bottom of a 'too good to be true' offer :agree:

Lies are lies whatever way they dress it up.

FranckSuzy
31-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Lies are lies whatever way you dress it up.

Oooh :na na: But in advertising there are ways and means of getting round claims. The fact that the package is different according to Hibs is the issue, therefore they may be seen to have covered themselves. As I said before, I'm not saying it's correct.

Removed
31-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Oooh :na na: But in advertising there are ways and means of getting round claims. The fact that the package is different according to Hibs is the issue, therefore they may be seen to have covered themselves. As I said before, I'm not saying it's correct.

You're too quick, I did edit my post :greengrin

I understand what they have done. It might be legal but imo it's was underhand, ill thought out and badly communicated.

ArabHibee
31-03-2011, 07:33 PM

To be perfectly honest as someone who has paid full price for an adult ticket for the past 7 years I am glad the club have done this instead of increasing all of the prices as I do think there was too big a gap, sorry if that offends anyone but I don't think £120 for a disabled season ticket is unreasonable, it is still a discount of 70% off the full price.

I give up, I seriously do,

http://smileyicons.net/s/120.gif

We're not arguing about how much price difference there is between an adult season ticket and a disabled season ticket. Jeezo!!!!

This may be true with the Kids price going up but where has the category changed for disabled tickets?

FranckSuzy
31-03-2011, 08:00 PM

We're not arguing about how much price difference there is between an adult season ticket and a disabled season ticket. Jeezo!!!!

This may be true with the Kids price going up but where has the category changed for disabled tickets?

From the reply FH received from Hibs.

"With regards to the Disabled and Carer, we now have a new policy for members and specific areas that the category can utilize within the stadium, thereby ensuring easy and safe access for all supporters entering and exiting Easter Road. It is a new package and ties in with the new Hibs Future price banding. It also includes the Cup Top Up as an Early Bird which for next season will have a value of £35 for concessions (the price Disabled and Carer would pay)".

Westie1875
31-03-2011, 08:11 PM

I didn't say you were, however people are arguing about the fact that it was put up in price when most others were not and I have offered a possible explanation for this and said why I think if this were the case it could be justified in my opinion.

Leave the jeezo etc. out of it eh, I'm not thick.

ArabHibee
31-03-2011, 08:17 PM
From the reply FH received from Hibs.

"With regards to the Disabled and Carer, we now have a new policy for members and specific areas that the category can utilize within the stadium, thereby ensuring easy and safe access for all supporters entering and exiting Easter Road. It is a new package and ties in with the new Hibs Future price banding. It also includes the Cup Top Up as an Early Bird which for next season will have a value of £35 for concessions (the price Disabled and Carer would pay)".

I get where you are coming from but the club has answered nout in that paragraph. If they are referring to their "new policy" of charging disabled supporters full price for their carers ticket if they don't qualify for the higher rate of DLA, then that stinks of cloak and dagger tactics of saying all season ticket prices have been frozen for this year which simply isn't true. FH has already stated that how he enters Easter Road will be no different next season as it is to this. If I was FH, I'd be asking for clarification on this 'new package' they are talking about.

And before you ask, I did contact ER about disabled tickets prices, got a reply which didn't really answer the questions I had asked but was told to phone the disabled supporters hotline if I wanted any more questions answered.

ArabHibee
31-03-2011, 08:20 PM
I didn't say you were, however people are arguing about the fact that it was put up in price when most others were not and I have offered a possible explanation for this and said why I think if this were the case it could be justified in my opinion.

Leave the jeezo etc. out of it eh, I'm not thick.

Fair enough, if you think that is a possible explanation. Do you think HFC would come out and say that though?
:tumble:
Nah, neither do I.

guillaume
31-03-2011, 08:23 PM
[QUOTE=ArabHibee;2768834]Have a word with yourself. This was discussed at length nearly a month ago. The issue was Hibs claiming there was a price freeze on all season tickets, which apparently doesn't seem to be the case.

Don't think there's any need for that.
And since when can't I make a point that may have been discussed a month ago?

Anyway your issue that some tickets have gone up by £20 can't be separated from the fact that £120 each for tickets for 2 people is still a very good deal, which is why I feel that attacking the club for it is being petty.

Especially as if you include the free cup top-up the price has come down this year so there is justification to the advertising.

ArabHibee
31-03-2011, 09:26 PM
[QUOTE=ArabHibee;2768834]Have a word with yourself. This was discussed at length nearly a month ago. The issue was Hibs claiming there was a price freeze on all season tickets, which apparently doesn't seem to be the case.

Anyway your issue that some tickets have gone up by £20 can't be separated from the fact that £120 each for tickets for 2 people is still a very good deal, which is why I feel that attacking the club for it is being petty.

Especially as if you include the free cup top-up the price has come down this year so there is justification to the advertising.

"My issue" is not that the price has gone up £20 but that the price has not been frozen as HFC have advertised.

And your comment on the free cup top up holds no water as everyone who renewed early has been offered this, not just disabled season ticket holders.

And also for your information, the carers ticket is not necessarily £120 anymore, that depends on certain stipulations. So that ticket price hasn't been frozen either.

See what I'm getting at? Until HFC can come up with a valid and understandable reason why they have said season ticket prices were frozen, when quite clearly they haven't been, then I'll reserve judgement.

Dirkster23
31-03-2011, 10:48 PM
[QUOTE=guillaume;2768935]

"My issue" is not that the price has gone up £20 but that the price has not been frozen as HFC have advertised.

And your comment on the free cup top up holds no water as everyone who renewed early has been offered this, not just disabled season ticket holders.

And also for your information, the carers ticket is not necessarily £120 anymore, that depends on certain stipulations. So that ticket price hasn't been frozen either.

See what I'm getting at? Until HFC can come up with a valid and understandable reason why they have said season ticket prices were frozen, when quite clearly they haven't been, then I'll reserve judgement.

Did the disabled supporters hotline not manage to answer the questions you didn't get answers too?

ArabHibee
31-03-2011, 10:58 PM
Did the disabled supporters hotline not manage to answer the questions you didn't get answers to?

The hotline you quote in your post would not be able to answer the part you highlighted in my previous post, they would only answer questions about ticket prices and the criteria for being able to apply for a disabled season ticket. I have not yet phoned them with the queries I emailed HFC about. But before you get more confused, the questions I emailed them about are nout to do with the reason this thread started, its an entirely different matter.

guillaume
31-03-2011, 11:15 PM
[QUOTE=guillaume;2768935]

My initial point was that the deal for disabled fans is still so good I feel there's not much to complain about, but I can see the £20 increase is something you feel strongly about about so I'm happy to accept we disagree and move on.

Out of interest, do you not feel that
Taking the free Cup Top Up, money-off vouchers, and with specific packages in Hibs Kids now at £19 for a season ticket, I could also argue the Club has actually reduced pricing for all Members in real terms if they renew before the appropriate deadlines. is enough of a reason for an advertising headline stating that all tickets are frozen?

Removed
31-03-2011, 11:26 PM
Taking the free Cup Top Up, money-off vouchers, and with specific packages in Hibs Kids now at £19 for a season ticket, I could also argue the Club has actually reduced pricing for all Members in real terms if they renew before the appropriate deadlines.

Out of interest, do you not feel that is enough of a reason for an advertising headline stating that all tickets are frozen?

As a parent I'll reply on that one from my perspective - free cup top ups for MY bairns are no benefit at all. I've never bought them one as a number of cup games are midweek 7:45 and they have school the next day so getting them to their beds at 11pm isn't really an option. So no, my soon to be 12 year olds ST has not been frozen in any terms no matter what spin you try to put on it.

Sir David Gray
31-03-2011, 11:47 PM
I think if you've renewed you're flogging a dead horse here tbh FH..In fact I know you are unless you have a particular desire to get Hibs into trouble over false advertising (not saying you do!).

No doubt folk will be getting all offended by what I've written in the first paragraph but there's nothing else needs said.

In terms of your own legal relationship with Hibs you have no complaint (legally). It is/was clear (despite the clubs previous statement that all prices were frozen) that you were/are being asked to pay £120 for a season ticket, and if you subsequently make the offer to the club to pay that amount and they accept your offer then it's done and dusted. By implication you are actually perfectly happy with the deal in law- the fact that it's to save your mate £300 is not relevant (it would actually weaken any argument you had, lets be honest).

If (hypothetically) Hibs were ultimately prosecuted for a misleading statement (highly unlikely- most likely they'd be given an informal warning and advice about future promotions) it would have no effect whatsoever on your contractual situation. So basically if you have a desire to do any more with this you should report Hibs to your local Trading Standards and let them deal with it. I promise you that from a civil perspective there's no case to answer.

If you genuinely are simply looking for opinions as opposed to folk giving you backing, my opinion, in the absence of any legal argument, is that if it's a point of principle you simply don't renew. I'm sure if your carer shares these principles he'll support you in taking that stance.

I don't intend to take this any further as I don't think it would be particularly helpful and I'm quite sure that Hibs have a legal team that would be able to find various loopholes that would see them win any case.

I do believe that Hibs have been a bit dishonest and misleading with their advertising campaign and I've attempted to get that point across in my letter to them. As far as I'm concerned, that's as far as I'll be taking it. However, if another supporter wants to raise this issue with the club and wishes to take it further in a legal sense, I would be willing to support them.

The reason I posted the reply that I got from the club was that when this was discussed a few weeks ago, there seemed to be a number of people on here who were interested in this issue and others who knew disabled supporters and the information that I got from the club would be of some personal interest to them.

I also thought that, since there were a few things in the letter that I didn't understand, it would be good to see if someone on here could try and explain what Hibs meant with various things that they have said in their reply to me. I thought it was possible that I was maybe just being really thick but since no-one has so far been able to provide an explanation to me, it seems that Hibs have simply skirted round the real issues at hand.

Considering the previous discussion in this thread about it, I think FH is right to print the letter on here for anyone else that is interested.

IMHO, the letter doesn't address FH's concerns either.

Thats Falkirks point though - his went up by 20%, if yours did would you be on here stating it was a good deal then?

Thanks for those replies. As I said above, I thought I was maybe just being thick or not reading the letter properly but your posts suggest that you agree with me in that the reply is inadequate.

As I said last night, I don't wish to spend too much time bringing up this issue again but you have totally missed the point of my whole argument.

At no point during this entire thread have I suggested that I had a problem with the actual price of my season ticket. In fact, I made that point explicitly clear in my original letter to Hibs. The problem I had, and still have, is that Hibs advertised a price freeze on season tickets in 2011/12 in their promotional literature and I am not getting one.

If they are going to increase the price of my season ticket then that's fine, I don't have a major problem with that, but I just wish that they had been honest and transparent about it. I just don't like the apparently sneaky and underhand way that they have gone about doing this.

I am really disappointed in Hibs over this whole issue and if I just went to the football by myself, I probably wouldn't be renewing my season ticket.

Once again, I have never said that £120 for my season ticket next year was unreasonable, in fact I've continually stated quite the opposite and I don't really know how else I can put that message across. I made it perfectly clear in my letter to Hibs that I considered the price of my season ticket to be "reasonable", which is a point that the club has acknowledged in their response to me.

If you are correct that the club does feel that there was too big a gap between disabled/carer prices and adult prices and they want to address this gap by increasing the cost of a disabled/carer season ticket, whilst freezing adult prices then that's fine.

All they had to do was write a letter to all disabled season ticket holders, explaining their position and what they intended to do. I might not have been overly happy with this action but it would at least have been completely open and honest and I would have appreciated this dialogue.

Instead what I got was a totally misleading advertising campaign and a letter that was, at best, confusing. All the talk about helping to ensure that supporters enter and exit the stadium safely and implying that the disabled/carer package has been rearranged and has been tied in with the Hibs Future package is quite clearly absolute nonsense and doesn't make any sense.

Absolutely nothing will change for me next season in comparison to this season and I challenge Hibs to honestly tell me otherwise.

Removed
31-03-2011, 11:54 PM
The reason I posted the reply that I got from the club was that when this was discussed a few weeks ago, there seemed to be a number of people on here who were interested in this issue and others who knew disabled supporters and the information that I got from the club would be of some personal interest to them.

And don't forget a number of sarcastic "you should write a letter" posts, and not just on ST related threads either.

Funny guys. They know who they are.

Shrekko
01-04-2011, 08:52 AM
And don't forget a number of sarcastic "you should write a letter" posts, and not just on ST related threads either.

Funny guys. They know who they are.

I think you're letting your bitterness about this get the better of you and you're lashing out a bit. I don't think anyone encouraging FH to write a letter was trying to be funny- it's absolutely the logical and only thing to do if you want to air a grievance with the club.

FH is still talking about supporting anyone who wishes to take legal action against Hibs and I just don't see the merit in this. I've tried to explain in my previous post what the legal position is (as someone who works in this field) and cannot understand why any Hibs fan would want to go down this route as there is nothing to be gained.

To clarify- the 'prices frozen' advertising it appears, is inaccurate in terms of disabled fans. However, one look at the clear price list will quickly make it obvious what you're being asked to pay- you either do or you don't. I'm guessing the fact that 1 or 2 folk are wound up over this is probably detrimental to Hibs so it's in their interests to be more careful how they market the tickets next season. Fans writing letters/emails is the best way to make them aware of it.

There are no 'legal loopholes' to get Hibs out of this- the fact is however, it would not be deemed in the public interest for the authorities to take legal action on what is a relatively minor matter. That I can promise you.

Hibs have IMO made a mistake in their marketing. The notion that they're trying to mislead fans though is ridiculous- why on earth would they do that? Did they really set out to cunningly shaft an extra £20 out of a handful of disabled fans? I don't think so. Not exactly good PR.

For the record, I think they should have acknowledged the mistake they made in their promotional material and given an assurance that they'd be more careful in future.

Removed
01-04-2011, 09:10 AM
I think you're letting your bitterness about this get the better of you and you're lashing out a bit. I don't think anyone encouraging FH to write a letter was trying to be funny- it's absolutely the logical and only thing to do if you want to air a grievance with the club.

FH is still talking about supporting anyone who wishes to take legal action against Hibs and I just don't see the merit in this. I've tried to explain in my previous post what the legal position is (as someone who works in this field) and cannot understand why any Hibs fan would want to go down this route as there is nothing to be gained.

To clarify- the 'prices frozen' advertising it appears, is inaccurate in terms of disabled fans. However, one look at the clear price list will quickly make it obvious what you're being asked to pay- you either do or you don't. I'm guessing the fact that 1 or 2 folk are wound up over this is probably detrimental to Hibs so it's in their interests to be more careful how they market the tickets next season. Fans writing letters/emails is the best way to make them aware of it.

There are no 'legal loopholes' to get Hibs out of this- the fact is however, it would not be deemed in the public interest for the authorities to take legal action on what is a relatively minor matter. That I can promise you.

Hibs have IMO made a mistake in their marketing. The notion that they're trying to mislead fans though is ridiculous- why on earth would they do that? Did they really set out to cunningly shaft an extra £20 out of a handful of disabled fans? I don't think so. Not exactly good PR.

For the record, I think they should have acknowledged the mistake they made in their promotional material and given an assurance that they'd be more careful in future.

Bitterness. Lashing out :faf:

You obviously haven't seen any of the posts I was referring to.

Just because prices are clearly laid out is not any sort of defence. It's irrelevant in the context of the ST discussion we've been having about disabled and Kids STs imo.

And the bit about the club misleading fans - they're intelligent people. Surely the marketing team would have thought long and hard about the interpretation of the marketing material on the disabled and 12-14 kids. Obviously not hard enough. It comes across as cunning and underhand to me but maybe that's me just being bitter and lashing out again :rolleyes:

dangermouse
01-04-2011, 09:37 AM
I can see Falkirk Hibee's point. I too could argue that my prices have gone up as my son no longer qualifies as a Hibs Kid (although not entirely sure if he would have next season under the old system) thus I'm having to pay more. The upside for me is the free cup top up as he is old enough now to go to midweek games. However, the cup top up will be of no value should all of our cup ties be drawn away from home.

Jay
01-04-2011, 09:40 AM
I can see Falkirk Hibee's point. I too could argue that my prices have gone up as my son no longer qualifies as a Hibs Kid (although not entirely sure if he would have next season under the old system) thus I'm having to pay more. The upside for me is the free cup top up as he is old enough now to go to midweek games. However, the cup top up will be of no value should all of our cup ties be drawn away from home.

He is ages with scott I think DM? So he would have still been a HK :agree: