PDA

View Full Version : Hearts Fans And St Mirren

Dashing Bob S
27-02-2011, 12:02 PM
I can understand why they don't like Dundee after the events of May 86. But why the beef with St. Mirren over some game that Hearts weren't even playing in?

All seems a bit trivial and pathetic to me.

Russ
27-02-2011, 12:09 PM
I can understand why they don't like Dundee after the events of May 86. But why the beef with St. Mirren over some game that Hearts weren't even playing in?

They think St Mirren lay down that day,Celtic had to win by 4 I think and Hearts not too win.
I suppose we would be the same if it were us, St Mirren were no mugs and no one could see them losing as they did.
In the end tho it didn't matter how many Celtic won by, the yams got beat so any Celtic win would do.
Still goes downs as one of the greatest days in my life, sad I know:wink:

Dashing Bob S
27-02-2011, 12:19 PM
They think St Mirren lay down that day,Celtic had to win by 4 I think and Hearts not too win.
I suppose we would be the same if it were us, St Mirren were no mugs and no one could see them losing as they did.
In the end tho it didn't matter how many Celtic won by, the yams got beat so any Celtic win would do.
Still goes downs as one of the greatest days in my life, sad I know:wink:

Well I'm sorry, but I find that rather reprehensible. Instead of attempting to deflect from their own shortcomings by blaming others, they should perhaps 'man up' and take some responsibility. They might even feel better about themselves.

Hibercelona
27-02-2011, 12:23 PM
Well I'm sorry, but I find that rather reprehensible. Instead of attempting to deflect from their own shortcomings by blaming others, they should perhaps 'man up' and take some responsibility. They might even feel better about themselves.

Behave! That will never happen. :wink:

Those muppets have no sense of responsibility or reasoning and they never will.

Russ
27-02-2011, 12:28 PM

Looking at the antics of the St Mirren dressing room last week you can see where they're coming from, there's no doubt been hundreds of so called professionals who over the years on a title deciding day have put in a less than professional performance if it could help their so called boyhood heroes.

That said it has nothing to do with the fans who had nothing to do with it and who would have been rooting for their team to win on the day.

Dashing Bob S
27-02-2011, 12:34 PM
Behave! That will never happen. :wink:

Those muppets have no sense of responsibility or reasoning and they never will.

Why must they continually harp on about how hard done by they were back in May 86? They've got us as bad as them- it's seldom a week goes by on here without some reference to it.

That'll be them happy now, though. They've 'won'.

Let's move swiftly on.

Who scored that opener at Dens and how long was left on the clock?

Hibercelona
27-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Looking at the antics of the St Mirren dressing room last week you can see where they're coming from, there's no doubt been hundreds of so called professionals who over the years on a title deciding day have put in a less than professional performance if it could help their so called boyhood heroes.

That said it has nothing to do with the fans who had nothing to do with it and who would have been rooting for their team to win on the day.

:hilarious

Aye, St Mirren took a dive.

All the teams in the SPL do this to prevent Hearts from winning the League. :greengrin

hibbybrian
27-02-2011, 12:59 PM

:hmmm: makes sense when you put it like that

so all we have to do is find out which Hearts players supported Celtc in their youth and the truth about that eventful day will finally be out :greengrin

Kevvy1875
27-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Why must they continually harp on about how hard done by they were back in May 86? They've got us as bad as them- it's seldom a week goes by on here without some reference to it.

That'll be them happy now, though. They've 'won'.

Let's move swiftly on.

Who scored that opener at Dens and how long was left on the clock?

Walter Kidd?:rolleyes:

Russ
27-02-2011, 01:11 PM
:hmmm: makes sense when you put it like that

so all we have to do is find out which Hearts players supported Celtc in their youth and the truth about that eventful day will finally be out :greengrin

LOL.....I think the truth of that day was Hearts( who were on an unbelievable run of 30 odd games unbeaten) faced a decent Dundee team away from home and came up short on the day, as they did in their title decider with Killie in the 60's when all they had to do was score a goal, but they choked on the day and lost....................... you guessed it 2-0.

No conspiracy theories that day cos they blew it all by themselves:greengrin

Frazerbob
27-02-2011, 01:15 PM
LOL.....I think the truth of that day was Hearts( who were on an unbelievable run of 30 odd games unbeaten) faced a decent Dundee team away from home and came up short on the day, as they did in their title decider with Killie in the 60's when all they had to do was score a goal, but they choked on the day and lost....................... you guessed it 2-0.

No conspiracy theories that day cos they blew it all by themselves:greengrin

At least they had the Scottish Cup final the following week in which to make amends.........oh wait a minute! :flag:

Russ
27-02-2011, 01:20 PM
At least they had the Scottish Cup final the following week in which to make amends.........oh wait a minute! :flag:

We really shouldn't gloat about that season, it still pains them:greengrin

modsquad
27-02-2011, 02:16 PM
I'm not bitter and twisted about it, Hearts didn't do their job that day. Simple.

Where those that hate St Mirren are coming from is:-

1. Several St Mirren players celebrated on the park that day with St Mirren

2. Campbell Money was mysteriously dropped for that game

3. St Mirren had not conceded that many goals in a game for the whole of that season

I'm not one to believe in conspiracy theories, however I'm led to believe that in Frank McGarveys book, mention is made of several St Mirren players celebrating in the dressing room that day

nonshinyfinish
27-02-2011, 02:18 PM
I'm not bitter and twisted about it, Hearts didn't do their job that day. Simple.

3. St Mirren had not conceded that many goals in a game for the whole of that season

I'm not one to believe in conspiracy theories, however I'm led to believe that in Frank McGarveys book, mention is made of several St Mirren players celebrating in the dressing room that day

Should have beaten Dundee then, that would have got it right up any Celtc-supporting St. Mirren players. :wink:

scoopyboy
27-02-2011, 02:23 PM
Should have beaten Dundee then, that would have got it right up any Celtc-supporting St. Mirren players. :wink:

Thank f*** they never thought of that.

HIBERNIAN-0762
27-02-2011, 02:27 PM

Exactly! if you don't do your job on the day then it's easy to blame someone else, the yams had beaten just about everyone in the league that season and lets not forget Dundee were pushing for a Euro spot IIRC, they only had to win but didn't simples...and oh how we celebrated that night...:tee hee:

Russ
27-02-2011, 02:32 PM
Exactly! if you don't do your job on the day then it's easy to blame someone else, the yams had beaten just about everyone in the league that season and lets not forget Dundee were pushing for a Euro spot IIRC, they only had to win but didn't simples...and oh how we celebrated that night...:tee hee:

They only needed a draw, which made it all the more sweeter.

Hibercelona
27-02-2011, 02:33 PM

You miss heard.

It was the Hibs dressing room that was going mental. :devil:

Dashing Bob S
27-02-2011, 02:34 PM

Don't quite follow you when you say that Hearts never done their job on that day. What exactly do you mean by that?

Crab apple
27-02-2011, 02:50 PM

For those who need reminding of events in May 86 I suggest tuning into STV this Friday at 9pm. Yesterday's Scotsman TV guide showed a certain Mr A.Kidd turning away in celebration after scoring a goal at Dens - surely this wasn't against the mighty Jam Tarts? Hearts won the double that year didn't they? And the European cup the season after?

Hibs07p
27-02-2011, 02:55 PM

Maybe if Hearts hadn't lost to St Mirren 6-1 or 6-2 earlier in the season, it would not have mattered how many Celtic scored that day. :greengrin :flag::flag::flag:

Hibernia Na Eir
27-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Watch out for football years this coming friday, the year? 1986! Gonna see king alberts heroics in all its glory, cant wait! So pleasing to watch again and again, it never tires.

1two
27-02-2011, 03:04 PM

1.I don't believe that is true.

2.Last game of the season, St mirren had nothing to play for, whats wrong with giving there youngsters or reserves a run out for the last day? All teams do it including hearts.

3. The amount of goals they lost that day is neither here nor there, if St Liedown, i mean St Mirren, had only lost by a more respectable 2 goals Celtic still would have won the league.

Barney McGrew
27-02-2011, 03:06 PM
I'm not one to believe in conspiracy theories

You're quite happy to roll them out on here though, eh?

:dummytit:

KeithTheHibby
27-02-2011, 03:35 PM
It was Dundee's fault.

It was St Mirren's fault.

It was Albert Kidd's fault.

It was the grey strips fault.

Nothing of course to do with the fact that they played for a draw on the day.

Oh and it can all be relived on Friday night, STV 9pm.