PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Todays games

H18sry
27-02-2011, 11:49 AM
Murderwell 1-up

Sir David Gray
27-02-2011, 11:51 AM
I'm almost happy.

Just a pity we're trying to catch teams like Motherwell.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-02-2011, 12:00 PM
Has the early kick off caught the Mother's supporters out? That is a pitiful turnout by home team's followers.

Hibby D
27-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Is the pitch acceptable???? :dunno:

There's hardly a bit of green grass to be seen :bitchy:

Sir David Gray
27-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Is the pitch acceptable???? :dunno:

There's hardly a bit of green grass to be seen :bitchy:

As far as I'm concerned, that pitch should be deemed unplayable.

I don't believe that pitch is any more playable than some of the pitches were in December when games were called off for the snow and frost.

Motherwell really should not be allowed to play at Fir Park until that pitch is sorted out for good.

Sir David Gray
27-02-2011, 12:16 PM
Has the early kick off caught the Mother's supporters out? That is a pitiful turnout by home team's followers.

Maybe Motherwell should have had a "Claret & Amber Day" today and they might have got an extra couple of thousand through the gates. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
27-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Penalty to Motherwell.

2-0 Motherwell, Sutton again.

Dashing Bob S
27-02-2011, 12:56 PM
West Ham winning.

Jim44
27-02-2011, 01:01 PM
Great to see Celtic getting horsed ................. pity it's Motherwell doing the damage however. I wonder what Lennon's blood pressure's like just now. :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-02-2011, 01:16 PM
That surface looks to be as much of an advantage as the plastic pitches used to be. This will be a tough one for Celtc fans to take as there is no obvious link between referees, Motherwell and Rangers.

Sir David Gray
27-02-2011, 01:20 PM
That surface looks to be as much of an advantage as the plastic pitches used to be. This will be a tough one for Celtc fans to take as there is no obvious link between referees, Motherwell and Rangers.

I'm sure they'll try their best to find one.

Hibby D
27-02-2011, 01:20 PM
Great to see Celtic getting horsed ................. pity it's Motherwell doing the damage however. I wonder what Lennon's blood pressure's like just now. :greengrin

Well if it's anything like the Celtc supporter sitting a few feet away from me it'll be through the roof :hilarious

Dashing Bob S
27-02-2011, 01:27 PM
West Ham still winning. Surely not, with Liverpool having King Kenny back?

Sir David Gray
27-02-2011, 01:28 PM

2-0 now at half time.

:thumbsup: :faf:

nonshinyfinish
27-02-2011, 01:30 PM

You obviously don't know enough Celtc fans - many of them will tell you that all the teams in Scotland apart from Hibs are Huns. It's a pure conspiracy but.

--------
27-02-2011, 01:34 PM

KIng Kenny is a grossly over-rated commodity IMO, Bob.

Jim44
27-02-2011, 01:37 PM

Bad day at the office all round for the 'Celtic minded'.

Sir David Gray
27-02-2011, 01:38 PM
Full time, 2-0 Motherwell.

Makes it very difficult now for us to get in the top six.

Dashing Bob S
27-02-2011, 01:41 PM

By scousers only these days.

Barney McGrew
27-02-2011, 01:43 PM
Bad day at the office all round for the 'Celtic minded'.

:agree:

They were absolutely brutal this afternoon. Caley were better yesterday than Sellik today.

If it wasn't for the fact Motherwell winning doesn't help us I'd be laughing loudly :cool2:

nonshinyfinish
27-02-2011, 01:48 PM
Stuttgart down to 10 in Frankfurt after 15 minutes, Delpierre sent off for decking someone in the box while waiting for a free kick to come in.

Stuttgart too big to go down? Maybe, but they're giving it a right good go. :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
27-02-2011, 01:50 PM
This game is getting a bit tasty, tackles flying in.

H18sry
27-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Stuttgart down to 10 in Frankfurt after 15 minutes, Delpierre sent off for decking someone in the box while waiting for a free kick to come in.

Stuttgart too big to go down? Maybe, but they're giving it a right good go. :greengrin

No team are too big to go down, ask Man U :wink:

Wotherspiniesta
27-02-2011, 01:52 PM
Decent result for Liverpuddle :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
27-02-2011, 01:52 PM
No team are too big to go down, ask Man U :wink:

What, even Hertz, the biggest of all the big teams? Shirley not...

Frazerbob
27-02-2011, 01:55 PM
Full time, 2-0 Motherwell.

Makes it very difficult now for us to get in the top six.

5 points behind ICT and 9 behind 'Well (with a game in hand).......top 6 is very much within our grasp.

Hibby Bairn
27-02-2011, 02:00 PM
What is wrong with these pitches? ER is a state as well. Just back from Clermiston Park and they are fine. Full cover of grass and played on much more than ER or Fir Park.

What is the problem?

marinello59
27-02-2011, 02:03 PM
What is wrong with these pitches? ER is a state as well. Just back from Clermiston Park and they are fine. Full cover of grass and played on much more than ER or Fir Park.

What is the problem?

The stands surrounding the pitch? :dunno:

--------
27-02-2011, 02:04 PM
Decent result for Liverpuddle :greengrin

Oh no! They're gonna kill Kenny! :devil:

Iggy Pope
27-02-2011, 02:10 PM
The stands surrounding the pitch? :dunno:

But there are stands surrounding every senior pitch in the country :dunno:

H18sry
27-02-2011, 02:15 PM

What is the problem?

Undersoil heating

Wotherspiniesta
27-02-2011, 02:21 PM
3-1 West Ham :faf:

Newhaven
27-02-2011, 02:48 PM
Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Djourou, Koscielny, Clichy, Rosicky, Song, Nasri, Wilshere, Arshavin, van Persie. Subs: Almunia, Denilson, Squillaci, Eboue, Gibbs, Chamakh, Bendtner.

Birmingham: Foster, Carr, Johnson, Jiranek, Ridgewell, Fahey, Gardner, Ferguson, Bowyer, Larsson, Zigic. Subs: Taylor, Murphy, Phillips, Jerome, Martins, Parnaby

nonshinyfinish
27-02-2011, 02:53 PM
10 man Stuttgart take the lead! Martin Harnik, 64 mins.

zlatan
27-02-2011, 02:53 PM
Poor Murph

Removed
27-02-2011, 02:56 PM
The Arsenal mascot is nearly the same size as Arshavin :faf:

nonshinyfinish
27-02-2011, 02:56 PM
10 man Stuttgart take the lead! Martin Harnik, 64 mins.

2-0.

The Hibee Harp
27-02-2011, 03:00 PM

What is the problem?

I think it is down to the undersoil heating being on for so long during the winter and not helped by the clubs training on the pitch.

Barney McGrew
27-02-2011, 03:03 PM
Terrible decision for Birmingham. Should have been a penalty and a red card, never offside.

Sir David Gray
27-02-2011, 03:05 PM
Should have been a penalty for Birmingham and a red card for the Arsenal goalkeeper but the linesman wrongly flagged Lee Bowyer for offside.

Terrible decision as it wasn't even close and even although it's still early doors, that could have a massive impact on the outcome of this match.

Removed
27-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Should have been a penalty for Birmingham and a red card for the Arsenal goalkeeper but the linesman wrongly flagged Lee Bowyer for offside.

Terrible decision as it wasn't even close and even although it's still early doors, that could have a massive impact on the outcome of this match.

Isn't it amazing that the "big teams" always seem to get the decisions :agree:

Especially the ones in red

Westie1875
27-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Birmingham 1-0 Arsenal

Hibbie_Cameron
27-02-2011, 03:31 PM
Zigic scores. Great stuff.

The keeper should have walked at the start as well, Arsenal get the decisions as usual.

RVP and friends will start the diving soon

Cropley10
27-02-2011, 03:36 PM
How was that no a pen' to Brum? Mike Dean not wanting to see a 'big' team go 2 nil down? :dunno:

--------
27-02-2011, 03:39 PM
But there are stands surrounding every senior pitch in the country :dunno:

Not Hamilton's. Not Falkirk's. Not ICT's. Not even Motherwell's - their "Main Stand" seems to have shrunk, leaving a large

In fact, I'm not entirely convinced that the ramshackle appendages to the ticket office at Fir Park where Motherwell put the spectators really deserve to be dignified by the appellation of "stands". They look to me very much as if they're all about to fall down.

Barney McGrew
27-02-2011, 03:40 PM
Wilshere hits the bar, then Van Persie equalises with a great finish.

1-1, cracking game

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-02-2011, 03:41 PM
that was just magnificent football all round. Birmingham have it all to do now.

Removed
27-02-2011, 03:41 PM
Wilshere hits the bar, then Van Persie equalises with a great finish.

1-1, cracking game

:agree: and not even a dive in site :greengrin

iwasthere1972
27-02-2011, 03:44 PM
How come Jasper Carrot's allowed to ref the Arsenal v Brum game. :confused:

Hibby D
27-02-2011, 03:55 PM
that was just magnificent football all round. Birmingham have it all to do now.

Great game :agree:

This is what Sundays are for :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-02-2011, 04:01 PM
If Brum don't win this, then the lino had better run and hide. That was a miserable offside call. Not even close. He will cringe when he watches it back later the night.

jdships
27-02-2011, 04:04 PM

And, Mr Lennon's excuse will be ? :na na::blah:

Barney McGrew
27-02-2011, 04:07 PM
The Huns v St Johnstone game seems to have sneaked under the radar today, Rongers won 4-0 which keeps Saints within two points of us.

Hibs90
27-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Wilshere - what a player :agree:

Winston Ingram
27-02-2011, 04:20 PM
Come on Blues!!!!

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-02-2011, 04:23 PM
As a neutral, you would surely want Brum to score next. I don't see them having another gear to go up to if Arsenal score.

Removed
27-02-2011, 04:24 PM
As a neutral, you would surely want Brum to score next. I don't see them having another gear to go up to if Arsenal score.

What if you aren't neutral and who really is?

Mon the Gunners

essexhibee
27-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Not Hamilton's. Not Falkirk's. Not ICT's. Not even Motherwell's - their "Main Stand" seems to have shrunk, leaving a large

In fact, I'm not entirely convinced that the ramshackle appendages to the ticket office at Fir Park where Motherwell put the spectators really deserve to be dignified by the appellation of "stands". They look to me very much as if they're all about to fall down.
"Keep cigarettes away" plastered across the whole of the stand in view of the tv is hilarious representation of the ground :wink:

Sir David Gray
27-02-2011, 04:51 PM
2-1 Birmingham, Martins.

1 minute to go. :thumbsup:

Hibs90
27-02-2011, 04:52 PM
:rolleyes: That was Hibs-esque defending.

Hibbie_Cameron
27-02-2011, 04:52 PM
My former fave newcastle player scores:greengrin

Well done Oba:not worth

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-02-2011, 04:53 PM
What a shame if a superb game is settled on a pub team mistake. FFS, get the ball away.

cabbageandribs1875
27-02-2011, 04:58 PM
well done big ecks team :agree:

zlatan
27-02-2011, 05:01 PM
David Murphy man of the match :agree:

Jim44
27-02-2011, 05:03 PM
What a shame if a superb game is settled on a pub team mistake. FFS, get the ball away.

If McLeish fell into a tank of ***** he'd come out smelling of Chanel No 5. Lucky barsteward. And as for that wee over-rated, lazy twonk Ferguson ......... It's taken the shine out of a good weekend. Good goalkeeping from Foster however.:greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
27-02-2011, 05:03 PM
Well done Brum! thoroughly deserved.

And the wait goes on for Arsenal. That will ruin their confidence for the rest of the season IMO.

lapsedhibee
27-02-2011, 05:08 PM

And the wait goes on for Arsenal. That will ruin their confidence for the rest of the season IMO.

Do you ever have a thought, about anything, which doesn't involve Manchester United in some way? :dunno:

It's such a wierd thing, after such an excellent game of fitba, to seem unable to appreciate it for what it was, rather than what it meant for some other team who weren't playing.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-02-2011, 05:08 PM
With all the quality and passing ability in that Arsenal team, there is surely room for a boot it to f***, tough as nails centre half cos that is what they have lacked today.

Wotherspiniesta
27-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Do you ever have a thought, about anything, which doesn't involve Manchester United in some way? :dunno:

It's such a wierd thing, after such an excellent game of fitba, to seem unable to appreciate it for what it was, rather than what it meant for some other team who weren't playing.

When did I mention Man United? :confused:

Pretty Boy
27-02-2011, 05:11 PM

If they end this season trophyless again it surely must be time for Wenger to consider his position. His refusal to even slightly sacrifice his principles must be starting to worry even the most die hard Arsenal fan.

Everyone can see they need a decent, experienced keeper and a big, ball winning centre half but he doesn't sign either. That is what cost them today and has cost them important games for 5 years now.

The inevitable reply will be that they are still in contention for 3 trophies this season but does anyone considering them favourites for any of those competitions? The league? No. Champions League? No. FA Cup? No.

Cracking game today BTW.

Hibbie_Cameron
27-02-2011, 05:15 PM

If they end this season trophyless again it surely must be time for Wenger to consider his position. His refusal to even slightly sacrifice his principles must be starting to worry even the most die hard Arsenal fan.

Everyone can see they need a decent, experienced keeper and a big, ball winning centre half but he doesn't sign either. That is what cost them today and has cost them important games for 5 years now.

The inevitable reply will be that they are still in contention for 3 trophies this season but does anyone considering them favourites for any of those competitions? The league? No. Champions League? No. FA Cup? No.

Merson just said soemthing similar on Sky.

The teams that win things have a good goalkeeper and good, solid back 4. Thats why Arsenal lost today and Birmingham won

JE89
27-02-2011, 05:16 PM

Definately. As always gave 100%. Haha. Well done Big Eck and Murph!

Bostonhibby
27-02-2011, 05:16 PM

Sometimes justice is seen to be done. Both players that should have been off long before contrived to cock up a clearance for the winner. Hope Whinger seen it as if he did it might be something to work on avoiding before the Barca match.:greengrin

hibeeleicester
27-02-2011, 05:19 PM
Murph didn't look to bothered about winning! Nothing on the CIS final!

nonshinyfinish
27-02-2011, 05:21 PM
Bremen equalise against Leverkusen in the 92nd minute, after being 2-0 down. Get in!

PeterboroHibee
27-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Merson just said soemthing similar on Sky.

The teams that win things have a good goalkeeper and good, solid back 4. Thats why Arsenal lost today and Birmingham won

Birminghams defence dont do anything fancy but they are solid as anything. Not sure how many Arsenal players would fight on these days the way Johnson did, how badly he was struggling at times.

So pleased for Birmingham, they barely got a mention going into this and were the better team for me. So harsh what happened at the start, and its quite satisfying that the winning goal was by a keeper/cb cock up, the areas Wenger refuses to try and fix.

Haymaker
27-02-2011, 05:24 PM
Wenger HAS tried to fix his defense and both of them are injured.

As for a top Keeper, they dont come cheap and not many of them are around either.

I just feel sick that "the Crab" has won another trophy with another sideways display. Hate the bloke.

PeterboroHibee
27-02-2011, 05:28 PM

As for a top Keeper, they dont come cheap and not many of them are around either.

I just feel sick that "the Crab" has won another trophy with another sideways display. Hate the bloke.

Both? Ill give you Vermaelen but hes been out for the entire season. Squillaci is not a good CB, Im not sure you'll find many fans who think he is. A club in Arsenals position cant rely on 2 good CBs, they will pick up injuries/suspensions, so no, he hasnt tried to fix it.

As for the keeper, no they dont come cheap, but if you want success, you have to spend some money.

PeeJay
27-02-2011, 05:30 PM

Didn't see the game but according to the Beeb he wasn't actually playing - so is this a Hibs thing - or was he actually playing? :confused:

Hibbyradge
27-02-2011, 05:33 PM
Didn't see the game but according to the Beeb he wasn't actually playing - so is this a Hibs thing - or was he actually playing? :confused:

He was on the bench, but didn't get a game.

PeeJay
27-02-2011, 05:36 PM
He was on the bench, but didn't get a game.

Cheers - but he gets a medal, I guess :greengrin

Hamish
27-02-2011, 06:02 PM
I was going to type ''Alan Davies, Nick Hornsby, Charlie Nicholas, Frank McLintock, your boys.... ''but unfortunately they still have a chance of winning 3 trophies so won't tempt fate:greengrin

Bostonhibby
27-02-2011, 06:15 PM
I was going to type ''Alan Davies, Nick Hornsby, Charlie Nicholas, Frank McLintock, your boys.... ''but unfortunately they still have a chance of winning 3 trophies so won't tempt fate:greengrin

Nae rush, after the trip to the Nou Camp will be just fine

lapsedhibee
27-02-2011, 06:15 PM
When did I mention Man United? :confused:

Why would you care what this match does for Arsenal's confidence, other than that they are your only challengers for the EPL title?

Pretty Boy
27-02-2011, 06:21 PM

Not sure i agree re Wenger. He has signed CHs but the big ugly ball winners that a league like the Premiership demands, i'm not sure.

I hate to use Man Utd as an example because of the accusations that inevitably draws however is it any shock they started winning leagues and trophies again after they brought in Vidic and Van Der Sar? A goalkeeper who has been there and done it was signed for £2M from Fulham and a big ball winning CH to compliment the decent footballer that is Ferdinand (when fit and focussed). The same could arguably be said for Chelsea when they had Cech, Terry and Carvalho.

A decent, experienced keeper costs big money, of course it does. But i've said it before and i'll say it again - there isn't a top team in the Premier League who would think twice about spending 15-20M on a striker so why is there this feeling that the same money is crazy money when spent on a keeper? A good keeper is just as important to success as a good striker. Again see Man Utd, Inter Milan, Chelsea, Barcelona, Lyon etc etc as examples. All successful in there respective leagues over the last few years, all have top goalkeepers and strong central defenders.

steakbake
27-02-2011, 06:47 PM
To be fair to ferguson, i thought he did very well today. Shame mcleish wasnt such a cup mastermind for us!

Wotherspiniesta
27-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Why would you care what this match does for Arsenal's confidence, other than that they are your only challengers for the EPL title?

I don't care what it does for Arsenal's confidence, I was simply saying what I think it will do to their confidence. We've seen it all before with Arsenal recently.

--------
27-02-2011, 07:04 PM
:rolleyes: That was Hibs-esque defending.

That was Mowbray-esque or Yogi-esque defending. In fact, it was Polish defending - the spirit of Malkowski stalking the corridors and dressing-rooms of the Womble-dome.

So to suggest what you suggest here is grossly unfair on either Graham Stack or Dickoh or Hanlon. :tsk tsk:

Just a thought - didn't our Stacky once play for Arsenal?

Not sure i agree re Wenger. He has signed CHs but the big ugly ball winners that a league like the Premiership demands, i'm not sure.

I hate to use Man Utd as an example because of the accusations that inevitably draws however is it any shock they started winning leagues and trophies again after they brought in Vidic and Van Der Sar? A goalkeeper who has been there and done it was signed for £2M from Fulham and a big ball winning CH to compliment the decent footballer that is Ferdinand (when fit and focussed). The same could arguably be said for Chelsea when they had Cech, Terry and Carvalho.

A decent, experienced keeper costs big money, of course it does. But i've said it before and i'll say it again - there isn't a top team in the Premier League who would think twice about spending 15-20M on a striker so why is there this feeling that the same money is crazy money when spent on a keeper? A good keeper is just as important to success as a good striker. Again see Man Utd, Inter Milan, Chelsea, Barcelona, Lyon etc etc as examples. All successful in there respective leagues over the last few years, all have top goalkeepers and strong central defenders.

:agree: A team can have all the skill in the world, but if they don't have backbone, when the going gets tough they'll get taken like Arsenal did today.

Arsenal can play some truly great football when the mood takes them, but for all that, their petulance when things don't go their way leaves me less than enamoured with them. Birmingham put out a team with a lot of guys who're on their second or even third chances, guys with question-marks against them from past clubs, guys who're reckoned to be "not quite Premier League standard". 4/1 on is a ridiculous price for any team in a two-team competition and IMO says more about the arrogance and prejudice of some English football "experts" than it does about either Arsenal or Birmingham.

I have not seen a more clear-cut stonewall penalty than the one Birmingham were denied in the opening passage of play. Arsenal should have been a goal down and a man down there and then, but the officials bottled it. If Wenger had been man enough to give a post-match interview, and had been asked about it, he would, I'm sure, have claimed to have been unfortunately and momentarily unsighted. "I'm sorry, I did not see it." Well, the TV audience did, and in my opinion the result was the right one, and justice for once was done.

All for the lack of the willingness to sort out what has been glaringly obvious for HOW many seasons now?

I SO enjoyed Martins' goal. :faf:

Correction: Wenger DID give an interview - the interviewer didn't ask him about the non-penalty incident. :bitchy:

hibsbollah
27-02-2011, 07:13 PM
I strongly fancied Brum to win this. More evidence that i should probably start betting more often.

--------
27-02-2011, 07:24 PM
I strongly fancied Brum to win this. More evidence that i should probably start betting more often.

Maybe not - I always found that my predictions when I had money on them were always a lot less accurate that they were when I decided not to bet.

Which is one reason why I don't lay bets these days... :greengrin

Broken Gnome
27-02-2011, 07:34 PM
I have not seen a more clear-cut stonewall penalty than the one Birmingham were denied in the opening passage of play. Arsenal should have been a goal down and a man down there and then, but the officials bottled it. If Wenger had been man enough to give a post-match interview, and had been asked about it, he would, I'm sure, have claimed to have been unfortunately and momentarily unsighted. "I'm sorry, I did not see it." Well, the TV audience did, and in my opinion the result was the right one, and justice for once was done.

Correction: Wenger DID give an interview - the interviewer didn't ask him about the non-penalty incident. :bitchy:

How can an official 'bottle' it by giving an offside decision?

Haymaker
27-02-2011, 07:34 PM

I would say he has tried to address the CBs many times in recent years but players have failed to play up to the standards needed. Never thought Gallas was as good as he was at Chelsea or before for example.

With Keepers he has tried to bring one through and fair play but how much do you think it would cost for a truely top goalkeeper? More than £20m easily. VDS was quite a strange one because he should never have been playing at Fulham in the first place and even he thought he was past it! Cesar at Inter has been their quite some time IIRC, Buffon would cost near £50m at least, Casillas will never leave Madrid, Asenjo and De Gea would be £30m+ easily...

As for Barcelona, I disagree they have a top class keeper. Valdes is shaky and doesnt inspire confidence, he does however have a fantastic team ahead of him which helps but wouldnt class him anywhere near top.

--------
27-02-2011, 07:36 PM
How can an official 'bottle' it by giving an offside decision?

WAS he offside? I didn't think he was, but I'll look at it again in the highlights. If he was, then I withdraw the comment.

Haymaker
27-02-2011, 07:57 PM
WAS he offside? I didn't think he was, but I'll look at it again in the highlights. If he was, then I withdraw the comment.

He wasnt offside. Clichy (I think) plays him onside.

Broken Gnome
27-02-2011, 08:01 PM

No, he was about a yard on. The whole incident, wrongly putting the flag up before Bowyer was taken out, is hardly symbolic of an official 'bottling' it. It's not like they chose to blindly ignore an obvious Arsenal offence.

--------
27-02-2011, 08:11 PM
No, he was about a yard on. The whole incident, wrongly putting the flag up before Bowyer was taken out, is hardly symbolic of an official 'bottling' it. It's not like they chose to blindly ignore an obvious Arsenal offence.

Had the ref blown for offside? If he had, he's burned his boats and can't award anything but a free-kick to the Arsenal - a wrong decision, a very bad decision, one that favours (oddly enough) the bigger team from the top reaches of the League, but the only decision possible.

If he hasn't blown for offside, he should give the penalty. And red-card the goalkeeper.

Or red-card Bowyer for simulation with the intention of wrongly winning a penalty and getting the Arsenal goalie sent off.

Because HE's the guy whose judgement is final - not the assistant.

But I take your point - no EPL referee would ever choose to blindly ignore an obvious Arsenal offence.

How silly of me to suggest it. :rolleyes:

:devil:

Dashing Bob S
27-02-2011, 08:17 PM

Cracking game today BTW.

I go along to the Emirates probably more than any other stadium outside ER as I work in London a lot and have friends who have a bank of season tickets, and there's generally a spare going. The fans seem to love Wenger and the style of football, and wouldn't swap it for a more direct, aggressive approach, even if it yielded trophies.

I suspect that losses like today's will try their patience though.

lapsedhibee
27-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Big four in EPL do get dodgy decisions, particularly at home, though dunno if as blatantly as the OFGTF do here; but I thought the Arsenal goalie kept his hands off Bowyer. Looked to me on replay as if Bowyer placed his foot into where the goalie's body was, and then swanned over. Will watch replay again tonight.

Definitely onside though.

Edit: Seeing two replays from different angles: one angle it looked a stonewall penalty, other angle not so sure it was a pen. Difficult job, reffing.

johnrebus
27-02-2011, 08:24 PM
Have a feeling that Arsenal will not end the season trophyless...,

Venger will play half a reserve team at Old Trafford in the FA Cup following a humping at the Nou Camp in the Champions League, leaving them free to concentrate on the title as Manure will be left fighting on all three fronts.

:aok:

Sergey
27-02-2011, 08:26 PM
I go along to the Emirates probably more than any other stadium outside ER as I work in London a lot and have friends who have a bank of season tickets, and there's generally a spare going. The fans seem to love Wenger and the style of football, and wouldn't swap it for a more direct, aggressive approach, even if it yielded trophies.

I suspect that losses like today's will try their patience though.

If and when Wenger leaves Arsenal, he'll take up the stewardship of the Japan national side.

I travel to Japan a lot and he's held in extremely high regards within their footballing 'inner-circle' and national structure.

He's also a fluent Japanese speaker and still owns a property in Nagoya.

Removed
27-02-2011, 10:22 PM
If and when Wenger leaves Arsenal, he'll take up the stewardship of the Japan national side.

I travel to Japan a lot and he's held in extremely high regards within their footballing 'inner-circle' and national structure.

He's also a fluent Japanese speaker and still owns a property in Nagoya.

私はそれを見たことがない