PDA

View Full Version : Butcher's interview

patlowe
27-02-2011, 10:44 AM
Fair play to the guy (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9408509.stm), he's been a bit of a tool in the past but extremely gracious in defeat yesterday.

Barney McGrew
27-02-2011, 10:46 AM
Fair play to the guy (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9408509.stm), he's been a bit of a tool in the past but extremely gracious in defeat yesterday.

He's about the only manager in the SPL other than Walter Smith that will give the opposition any credit for how they've played.

BEEJ
27-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Thought Danny Lennon gave full credit to Hibs after both the recent matches against the Buddies.

PeterboroHibee
27-02-2011, 11:21 AM
I think Butchers alright (apart from all that Maradonna rubbish when he was with Scotland). Done really well at ICT, and usually comes across quite well in interviews.

matty_f
27-02-2011, 11:21 AM

It's really refreshing to hear a manager be as honest as that.:agree:

Thought Danny Lennon gave full credit to Hibs after both the recent matches against the Buddies.

He did, which was also nice to hear.:agree:

ekhibee
28-02-2011, 12:22 AM
yep, I've got a lot of time for him. he's one of these guys you could quite happily have a pint with. He's done really well with ICT, and he's got a good sense of humour to boot.

Keith_M
28-02-2011, 07:44 AM
I was reading an article in yesterday's Herald, where a manager was giving praise to the opposing team. At the end were the words "...said Lennon" and I thought surely not!
It was of course Danny Lennon, not the Deranged Leprechaun. :greengrin

heretoday
28-02-2011, 08:19 AM
Good man Butcher. Loves Scotland too. He's an honorary Jock!

johnrebus
28-02-2011, 08:52 AM
Pass the sickbag please.

Butcher is a Hun through and through.

It is also worth remembering not so long ago he was more than happy to slag off certain members of our so called, 'Golden Generation', for their attitude and general demeanor, when it had **** all to do with him.

Also worth mentioning that it is only in the last couple of years that Uncle Walter has condescended to praising the opposition occasionally. Up until then he was as obnoxious as the rest of the Huns.

Dear God, eh? A decent winning run and we're turning into a bunch of pussycats.....,

:grr:

KWJ
28-02-2011, 09:05 AM
yep, I've got a lot of time for him. he's one of these guys you could quite happily have a pint with. He's done really well with ICT, and he's got a good sense of humour to boot.

I agree unlike rebus.

And I don't reckon our golden generation have fufilled their potential yet at all.

johnrebus
28-02-2011, 09:20 AM
I agree unlike rebus.

And I don't reckon our golden generation have fufilled their potential yet at all.

Nothing to do with whether they fullfilled their potential or not ( I could'nt give a toss anyway - they ain't Hibs players any more).

The point is that Butcher chose to have a go at players of another club, totally out of order IMHO.

Apologies for refusing to be part of a Hun love in.

:rolleyes:

Iain G
28-02-2011, 09:20 AM
I agree unlike rebus.

Yeah they're a right golden shower that lot :grr::rolleyes:

Hibernia Na Eir
28-02-2011, 09:21 AM
he was trying his very best to influence the s/side linesman during Saturday's game - Constantly whispering in his ear.

Once a tossa always a tossa :agree:

Iain G
28-02-2011, 09:23 AM
he was trying his very best to influence the s/side linesman during Saturday's game - Constantly whispering in his ear.

Once a tossa always a tossa :agree:

Still miles ahead of Craig Levein on my christmas card list mind you... :agree:

johnrebus
28-02-2011, 09:36 AM
Still miles ahead of Craig Levein on my christmas card list mind you... :agree:

Now that is something I would have to agree with.

:aok:

jacomo
28-02-2011, 11:12 AM
Apologies for refusing to be part of a Hun love in.

:rolleyes:

:hilarious

Hun love in indeed.

Hibernian Verse
28-02-2011, 11:31 AM
"Hun love in"...does this mean that as soon as you play for Rangers you're automatically a bad person? :confused:

:wink:

patlowe
28-02-2011, 03:50 PM
Pass the sickbag please.

Butcher is a Hun through and through.

It is also worth remembering not so long ago he was more than happy to slag off certain members of our so called, 'Golden Generation', for their attitude and general demeanor, when it had **** all to do with him.

Also worth mentioning that it is only in the last couple of years that Uncle Walter has condescended to praising the opposition occasionally. Up until then he was as obnoxious as the rest of the Huns.

Dear God, eh? A decent winning run and we're turning into a bunch of pussycats.....,

:grr:

Hence the acknoledgement that he's been an a**e in the past. I just simply thought it was worth highlighting a decent post-match interview. Regardless of his history (and I remember the thuggery of his Motherwell side against Hibs), it's pretty rare to hear such an honest appraisal after a defeat.

FromTheCapital
28-02-2011, 03:57 PM
I'll be honest and say that I didn't really like the guy but after listening to his interview on Saturday on the way home from the game he showed me that he is an honest, decent guy (MAYBE). Well done Butcher.

:cgwa :cgwa :cgwa