PDA

View Full Version : Right back versus Celtc?

Hibbyradge
27-02-2011, 08:03 AM
I assume we won't be allowed to play Richie against Celtic so will this mean an automatic start for Michael Hart?

If so, we might as well give them the 3 points now and have the day off. :wink:

H18sry
27-02-2011, 08:39 AM
Spoony would be my choice with Thornhill coming into the midfield. :agree:

McKenzie
27-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Spoony right back, Vaz Te right midfield

Kevvy1875
27-02-2011, 10:08 AM

Probably the way to go. Hart clearly doesn't have a future at ER so no point giving him game time IMO. Thicot is another who could possibly fill the slot but is out of the picture.

J-C
27-02-2011, 11:03 AM
Spoony right back, Vaz Te right midfield

Hasn't signed yet, also be a problem with his match fitness, when was the last time he actually played a full game.

lucky
27-02-2011, 11:07 AM
Hasn't signed yet, also be a problem with his match fitness, when was the last time he actually played a full game.

If Vaz Te signs he will be fitter than Hart. He looks seriously overweight and not fit for a footballer. It no coincidence that Hibs win when is not playing. Not that i blaming him alone for our pre Feb form.

Hibee Daz
27-02-2011, 11:12 AM
Probably the way to go. Hart clearly doesn't have a future at ER so no point giving him game time IMO. Thicot is another who could possibly fill the slot but is out of the picture.

Thicot at right back is as suicidal as giving Hart a recall IMO, he's played there before and he gets caught on the wrong side of his man far too often!

As has been mentioned Spoony at RB with either Thornhill or Vaz Te at RM for me.:agree:

PeterboroHibee
27-02-2011, 11:18 AM
Spoony at RB for me. Hart looks really slow and unfit and Thicot is prone to really daft mistakes. Against Celtic, whoevers at RB will most likely be up against Izaguerre and Commons, will be a tough game. Spoony is the best we have with Towell unable to play.

Wotherspiniesta
27-02-2011, 11:26 AM

:agree:

Hart and Thicot have no future at Hibs.

basehibby
27-02-2011, 12:04 PM
If Towell is not eligible then it has to be Wotherspoon at RB for me - he's fully fit and that's something you generally want for facing up against whoever's on the left wing at Celtic Park.

We have a bit more cover in midfield now as well so should be able to cope with Wotherspoon dropping back.

sam armstrong
27-02-2011, 12:46 PM
I assume we won't be allowed to play Richie against Celtic so will this mean an automatic start for Michael Hart?

If so, we might as well give them the 3 points now and have the day off. :wink:

Have not heard that he can't play, given that he was a reserve I hope that Celtic have not put that clause in to his loan deal.

Duffys13
27-02-2011, 12:57 PM
I thought Thicot played a blinder against Hearts at RB, so worth another shot for me. Can someone clarify if we are defo not allowed to play Towell against Celtic?

KWJ
27-02-2011, 01:29 PM
Yup same, I think Towell will be playing.

McCann still not back from injury again? :boo hoo::dunno:

LancashireHibby
27-02-2011, 01:44 PM
I thought Thicot played a blinder against Hearts at RB, so worth another shot for me. Can someone clarify if we are defo not allowed to play Towell against Celtic?

I think that was only because we were playing on a postage stamp. He was getting caught out on the outside countless times against Motherwell and the guy simply can't kick a ball in the direction he intends to. Spoony at RB for me.

Cracker
27-02-2011, 08:58 PM

Thicot is recovering from thigh injury!

steviecarnie
27-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Have not heard that he can't play, given that he was a reserve I hope that Celtic have not put that clause in to his loan deal.

I thought it was a league rule, conflict of interest and all.

truehibernian
27-02-2011, 10:20 PM
I would consider playing Nid at right back to be honest. He is comfy with both feet and adds a bit of dig in the tackle, and offers height.

I think the midfield looks well balanced with Palsson, Scott, DW and Miller.

I would like to retain DW at right mid due to the Celtic left back loving to get forward, and Murray putting in a couple of solid early challenges on Commons might make him think twice about going outside. I know Murray does not have the pace of others, however his defensive abilities far outweigh anything Hart or Thicot have to offer IMHO.

Part/Time Supporter
28-02-2011, 08:33 AM
I would consider playing Nid at right back to be honest. He is comfy with both feet and adds a bit of dig in the tackle, and offers height.

I think the midfield looks well balanced with Palsson, Scott, DW and Miller.

I would like to retain DW at right mid due to the Celtic left back loving to get forward, and Murray putting in a couple of solid early challenges on Commons might make him think twice about going outside. I know Murray does not have the pace of others, however his defensive abilities far outweigh anything Hart or Thicot have to offer IMHO.

I would consider playing Galbraith (if fit) at right mid / right wing v Celtic. The only teams that have had some joy against them lately have had a quick winger (Humphrey for Well, Templeton for Hertz) to pin Izaguirre back.

Owain_1987
28-02-2011, 11:17 AM
I thought it was a league rule, conflict of interest and all.

I think the club can choose when Cardiff played Hull both loan players from each were allowed to play.

billbee
28-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Please No Hart at RB - Spoony for me!