PDA

View Full Version : Golf's world rankings

sunshine1875
27-02-2011, 07:23 AM
Current rankings below, but Kaymer is now the Number 1. McDowell is already confirmed as the new number three, unless Donald wins today's final and he will be third in the rankings. So if Donald wins, Europe will have the top four ranked golfers. Fantastic for European golf

And it won't be long before McIlroy wins a major and he will move up the rankings.

1 Lee Westwood Eng 8.21 pts ave
2 Martin Kaymer Ger 7.54
3 Tiger Woods US 6.46
4 Phil Mickelson US 6.36
5 Graeme McDowell NI 6.27
6 Paul Casey Eng 6.03
7 Rory McIlroy NI 5.67
8 Steve Stricker US 5.57
9 Luke Donald Eng 5.27
10 Jim Furyk US 5.23
11 Ernie Els SA 4.97

Golden Bear
27-02-2011, 09:37 AM
Current rankings below, but Kaymer is now the Number 1. McDowell is already confirmed as the new number three, unless Donald wins today's final and he will be third in the rankings. So if Donald wins, Europe will have the top four ranked golfers. Fantastic for European golf

And it won't be long before McIlroy wins a major and he will move up the rankings.

1 Lee Westwood Eng 8.21 pts ave
2 Martin Kaymer Ger 7.54
3 Tiger Woods US 6.46
4 Phil Mickelson US 6.36
5 Graeme McDowell NI 6.27
6 Paul Casey Eng 6.03
7 Rory McIlroy NI 5.67
8 Steve Stricker US 5.57
9 Luke Donald Eng 5.27
10 Jim Furyk US 5.23
11 Ernie Els SA 4.97

Kaymer may be the new world number one but Luke Donald is playing brilliantly and I'd expect him to do the business in tonight's 18 hole final.

It should be good viewing and I think the TV coverage starts at 7pm.

Houchy
27-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Kaymer may be the new world number one but Luke Donald is playing brilliantly and I'd expect him to do the business in tonight's 18 hole final. It should be good viewing and I think the TV coverage starts at 7pm.

I'd tend to agree:agree:

I backed Kaymer and MacDowell from the start on betfair but i've laid off most of my bet on Kaymer. Either way I'm guaranteed at least £30 but wanted to have someone to "support" so I've gone slightly heavier on Donald so get just over £50 if he wins.:agree:

greenlex
27-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Sleet and Hail in ****ing Arizona desert????!!!!!!!! Is this usual?

greenlex
27-02-2011, 07:24 PM
Why is Donald using a Taylormade R11 driver and trying to hide it under a Mizuno head cover?
I bought one of these t oday and had great fun messing around with the loft options on it. Opening and closing the face and adjusting the weights. apparently 37 different combinations on one driver. I found I hit it furthest with an open face weight to the toe and 11 degrees of loft. I wouldn't have said that would be the case.
Anyhoo I thought Donald was a Mizuno chappie.

Golden Bear
28-02-2011, 08:15 AM
Why is Donald using a Taylormade R11 driver and trying to hide it under a Mizuno head cover?I bought one of these t oday and had great fun messing around with the loft options on it. Opening and closing the face and adjusting the weights. apparently 37 different combinations on one driver. I found I hit it furthest with an open face weight to the toe and 11 degrees of loft. I wouldn't have said that would be the case.

:agree:

I noticed that. And I don't suppose Mizuno will be too chuffed that one of their flagship players was playing with a rivals' equipment.

Gaz
28-02-2011, 08:20 AM
Why is Donald using a Taylormade R11 driver and trying to hide it under a Mizuno head cover?
I bought one of these t oday and had great fun messing around with the loft options on it. Opening and closing the face and adjusting the weights. apparently 37 different combinations on one driver. I found I hit it furthest with an open face weight to the toe and 11 degrees of loft. I wouldn't have said that would be the case.

Most players only have deals for irons and the bag etc as longs as the woods are covered with his main sponsers headcover. Hence kaymer uses a ping putter and mickleson was using ping wedges at one point last year. At the start when woods was sponsered by titliest he was using mizuno irons that had the titliest branding on them

Golden Bear
28-02-2011, 08:39 AM
Most players only have deals for irons and the bag etc as longs as the woods are covered with his main sponsers headcover. Hence kaymer uses a ping putter and mickleson was using ping wedges at one point last year. At the start when woods was sponsered by titliest he was using mizuno irons that had the titliest branding on them

Interesting.

I never knew that and confess I'm a wee bit surprised that Mizuno would allow a player to play another manufacturer's DRIVER as the driver in particular is probably the biggest selling club in the global golf market.

southfieldhibby
28-02-2011, 02:04 PM
Interesting.

I never knew that and confess I'm a wee bit surprised that Mizuno would allow a player to play another manufacturer's DRIVER as the driver in particular is probably the biggest selling club in the global golf market.

Players have 7 iron deals generally, they never include driver/wedges/putters.

Was thru at clydebank mizuno custom fit yesterday and the chappie was saying that taylor made pay every pro that uses the R11 $500 each round they use it, so $2000 per week if you make Sunday.Thats why TM bring out so much gear at over-priced levels...anyone buying one of those white bats is helping pay the pro's!-not such a big deal to donald etc, but to the lower level pro, thats their accom/caddie paid for.

And anyway, a driver is a driver to these guys, as long as the shaft is correct, they dont care ( although being a geek, I noticed Luke had a multi compound new decade grip on the R11...the mizzy one)

Golden Bear
28-02-2011, 04:00 PM
Players have 7 iron deals generally, they never include driver/wedges/putters.

Was thru at clydebank mizuno custom fit yesterday and the chappie was saying that taylor made pay every pro that uses the R11 $500 each round they use it, so $2000 per week if you make Sunday.Thats why TM bring out so much gear at over-priced levels...anyone buying one of those white bats is helping pay the pro's!-not such a big deal to donald etc, but to the lower level pro, thats their accom/caddie paid for.

And anyway, a driver is a driver to these guys, as long as the shaft is correct, they dont care ( although being a geek, I noticed Luke had a multi compound new decade grip on the R11...the mizzy one)

I confess to liking Taylor Made woods but it's annoying when they bring out a new model almost every year and consequently the value of the previous year's model can drop dramatically.

I've also found its becoming increasingly difficult to purchase the 2010 Superfast clubs as the new 2011 white faced range seems to have taken over.

southfieldhibby
01-03-2011, 07:51 AM
I confess to liking Taylor Made woods but it's annoying when they bring out a new model almost every year and consequently the value of the previous year's model can drop dramatically.

I've also found its becoming increasingly difficult to purchase the 2010 Superfast clubs as the new 2011 white faced range seems to have taken over.

I use a TM driver too mate, more for the shaft than the club head.

http://www.golfbidder.co.uk/models/3892/Taylor_Made_Driver_Burner_SuperFast.html?SearchClu bType=0&ConditionMin=5&ConditionMax=10&YearFrom=0&YearTo=9999&PriceFrom=0&PriceTo=999&Keyword=superfast&SortOrder=0

Golden Bear
01-03-2011, 08:36 AM
I use a TM driver too mate, more for the shaft than the club head.

http://www.golfbidder.co.uk/models/3892/Taylor_Made_Driver_Burner_SuperFast.html?SearchClu bType=0&ConditionMin=5&ConditionMax=10&YearFrom=0&YearTo=9999&PriceFrom=0&PriceTo=999&Keyword=superfast&SortOrder=0

Thanks for the link.

I purchased the Driver last season and I really like it. I've been looking for a 5 wood (18 degrees) and found that major stores like American Golf no longer stock the 2010 version which is a bit annoying as I usually like to try out a club at a driving range before deciding to buy.