PDA

View Full Version : Today's Referee

JoeTortolanoFanClub
26-02-2011, 06:20 PM
Who was he ? I did not notice him at all. Must be a good sign !

H18sry
26-02-2011, 06:21 PM
Craig Thomson

Sir David Gray
26-02-2011, 06:23 PM
He did well today.

No bookings today as well. :agree:

There were a few decisions that baffled me but it was miles better than what we've become used to with Scottish referees.

snooky
26-02-2011, 06:27 PM
He did well today.

There were a few decisions that baffled me but it was miles better than what we've become used to with Scottish referees.

Apart from a couple of dodgy calls I thought that was as good a performance of refereeing I've seen at ER fo a very long time.
(Note to ref - the above is not as big a compliment as you might think)

DaveF
26-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Thomson had a very good game today. Controlled the game well, helped by two teams who played the game in the correct spirit.

maturehibby
26-02-2011, 06:46 PM
Thomson was very poor and missed a lot of things especially when Sodje got pulled to the ground by Hogg who has both legs wrapped round him and he gave Inverness the foul - also gave Hibs plenty of fouls in their own half but once it got near the oppositions box he declined to give them .
Was the first time I can recall us winning a game when he refereed

Billy Whizz
26-02-2011, 06:50 PM
He did well today.

I agree. Although there were a few decisions that he got wrong, overall he allowed the game flow and didn't blew the whistle at every challenge. Wish we could have a referee like this every week:thumbsup:

hfc rd
26-02-2011, 11:37 PM
You won't normally see me praise a Scottish ref but I think Craig Thomson had a very good peformance. Kept his cards in his pocket and tried to let the game flow as much as possible.

Hibercelona
26-02-2011, 11:49 PM
I don't think there was 1 freekick given until about 25 minutes in. :thumbsup:

Twiglet
26-02-2011, 11:58 PM
There were a few bizzare decisions, that, IMO, went the wrong way. He was fooled a bit by Jimmy Scott a couple of times who went down a wee bit easily in some challenges, but generally ok. Much better than some that have been around recently. And he was consistant, which was something that's been majorly lacking this season.
Glad to see he wasn't card happy as that can spoil a game some times.

The weak link I thought was the west stand linesman. He was a wee bit slow at times and didn't want to make decisions, esp in the first half. He kept looking to the ref.

Hope our next few matches have a similar standard of refereeing as this.

lucky
27-02-2011, 12:26 AM
The ref did good today. But like every one on the park made mistakes. For 8 out of 10

TRC
27-02-2011, 01:59 AM
East stand linesman was awful though!! but ref was ok apart from one bad call that i recall:greengrin

sunshine1875
27-02-2011, 01:58 PM
Some people must have really high threshold of what is a good performance. God help the people that work for you or your partners in life!:greengrin

Thomson was very poor and missed a lot of things especially when Sodje got pulled to the ground by Hogg who has both legs wrapped round him and he gave Inverness the foul - also gave Hibs plenty of fouls in their own half but once it got near the oppositions box he declined to give them .
Was the first time I can recall us winning a game when he refereed

East stand linesman was awful though!! but ref was ok apart from one bad call that i recall:greengrin

givescotlandfreedom
27-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Some people must have really high threshold of what is a good performance. God help the people that work for you or your partners in life!:greengrin

Maturehibby was a ref in his younger days so might have a decent claim to comment.